Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How to start a book on Kindle touch.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2011 4:02:49 AM PST
D. Kulp says:
Okay everybody,
I feel like an idiot posting this, but I need some help. I got my new kindle touch all connected (wifi, to my kindle account, books loaded etc) but I don't know how to start a book.
When I touch the title a black bar appears around the title and then after 2 seconds it disappears and I just stay on the home screen.
Or if I hold my finger down on the title it takes me to the books pop-up page (with title, author, cover pic, then options add to collection, Go to..., book description etc). If I touch go to...I just go back to the homescreen...
Please help, what am I doing wrong?

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 4:04:23 AM PST
Fud53 says:
Sounds like you're doing it right. Have you asked amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 4:11:48 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
I would try more than one book, and if none are working I would do a restart by holding in the power button for 20 seconds.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 4:14:35 AM PST
D. Kulp says:
I did the rest and that did the trick...thanks so much.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 4:55:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 4:57:37 PM PST
Insectophile says:
Same problem here. Spent 30 minutes trying everything to open a new book on my brand new Kindle Touch. Finally found this discussion. The reset did the trick. This is not a good initial impression. (Thanks, D. Kulp, for asking and thanks, SeaLevel274, for the tip.)

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 12:53:23 AM PST
I had the same problem. The reset fixed it, but I agree about the initial impression. I like the Touch, but it does seem fussier than my K3 3G.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 6:00:13 PM PST
my sister has one and we tried to rest it and it do not help! help!!!!

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 12:02:38 PM PST
I'm having same problem and tried the reset and still no book. I have no clue what to do now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 12:05:02 PM PST
Contact customer service. They will assist you. Send a replacement, if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200127470&initialIssue=asin-order&type=email&mode=&protocol=https&skip=true&returnURI=%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2Fcontact-us%2Fkindle-help.html

Click the Call Me button or you can reach us at 1-866-216-1072 to use our automated customer service system.

International customers can reach us at 1-206-266-2992. Charges may apply.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 2:55:42 PM PST
Thanks got it working and I'm reading.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 2:58:22 PM PST
Same issue...thanks OP for asking. I just got my first Kindle today. I got tired of buying all these heavy tech manuals so decided to finally buy and ereader. Also thanks to the person who suggested the reset as it fixed my issue as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions