ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Missing book listing in Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2014 12:11:54 AM PDT
Lara S. Luis says:
My devise book list disappeared. However when I checked via computer, all the books are there. Even the books purchased from amazon are no longer appearing but they are still in the cloud. Please help!

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 12:20:15 AM PDT
Check that the Kindle is still registered to the account that the books are on - do that on the Manage Your Content & Devices page on the website.

If yes, then read on.

Try performing a hard reset on your Kindle Fire. Unplug the Fire from all power sources and then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds (count them slowly) and then release. Ignore any shutdown messages. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire.

For Fire HD2 and Fire HDX:
Make sure it has at least a 50% charge. Leave it plugged in.
Hold the power button for a full 20 seconds disregarding any 'Power Off' notices.
Stop pressing the power button.
The flickering "kindle fire" logo should appear and it will turn back on.

If that does not help, Use the Help link above to contact Amazon Kindle CS and talk with them about it - use the live chat or the call back feature if you can, not email. If you can't see a Contact Us button on that page, then go to and contact CS. Use Live Chat or the Call Me Back feature and not email, as they will have your account details available to them immediately when you talk with them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 12:26:33 AM PDT
Lara S. Luis says:
Thanks John. I've done the hard reset several times. Will try again. Will contact CS if nothing works.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 4:32:01 AM PDT
flipoid says:
Have you tried clicking on one of the books in your Cloud to see if it then appears on the device? That's what I'd check first. Then perhaps, if it doesn't appear (and you're sure the wi-fi is turned on), a call to Amazon (or use of the Mayday button) is in order.

Posted on May 30, 2014 5:23:03 AM PDT
My cloud appears empty in addition to my Kindle. Am I going to need to download my several hundred books ten at a time? Not good customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 5:26:17 AM PDT
Let me ask you this: Assuming that the Kindle is in fact empty, and it's not just a PEBCAK issue, do you really need ALL several hundred on the device at one time?

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 5:27:16 AM PDT
flipoid says:
Is your Kindle registered to the account you've used to purchase books! Have you turned the wi-fi on and synced?

Posted on May 30, 2014 5:53:35 AM PDT
Not that I need them on my device but when they are not in the cloud either is an issue. They also are not showing in the "books" tab, only on the carousel. I have done a complete shut down, same issue.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2014 5:56:28 AM PDT
CatChat says:
did you perhaps accidentally open a new account? you wouldn't think so, but it is easy enough to do and happens more than you'd think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2014 5:19:09 PM PDT
Lara S. Luis says:
Actually, books in the cloud only appear in the manage my device using computer, but also not appearing in the devise. Hence, I cannot click any "cloud" books via the device as they are not there as well. I wish it were only as simple as that. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2014 5:20:48 PM PDT
Lara S. Luis says:
No, I did not open a new account. I can easily check that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
12 1 day ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 24 days ago
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 24 days ago
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
kindle fire black screen 193 38 seconds ago
credit problem on order 2 1 minute ago
been attempting tn handle this for too long 3 2 minutes ago
October 2015 Informal Poll, What are you reading? 142 2 minutes ago
Kindle Fire FreeTime and FreeTime Unlimited 114 3 minutes ago
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 2978 4 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 116 5 minutes ago
order - credit card problem 0 6 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  May 30, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions