Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Retro Toys Deal
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2013 1:31:13 PM PST
kindle fire first gen will not charge

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 1:40:52 PM PST
Margie - Some 1st Gen Fires had a known issue with the charging port becoming loose. Amazon had been replacing them, basically adding 3 months to the warranty. Those that are past the 15 months mark aren't being replaced, according to posts made here by other customers.

Amazon will usually offer a discount on a replacement.

Click on this link and fill in the information.
You may have to sign in. I would use the PHONE or CHAT options.
Do *NOT* use e-Mail.
CALL ME under the PHONE tab is great if available.
They will call you within minutes.

However, any cell phone repair or computer repair shop should be able to help you. If the USB port is not damaged (only loose), all they have to do is open the Fire and re-solder the USB port. It's a repair that should cost around $40. I would recommend taking it to a shop that specializes in this type of repair and not a store such as Best Buy. They generally have no clue about Kindles.

There are also people offering this type of repair service on eBay for around $25-$35 dollars. Just search for "Kindle Fire repair".

Here are the eBay auctions for repair services that are getting good reviews for repairing Kindles. (apparently offers a one-year warranty on his repairs)

Here are some YouTube videos of people doing their own repairs:

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 2:41:04 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2013 2:41:27 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 19 days ago
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 19 days ago
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Suggestions for Kindle features 560 1 minute ago
Life and Death: Twilight reimagined 91 4 minutes ago
3 new Fires - all with micro SD card slots 378 4 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - October 2015 381 4 minutes ago
How to change "text-to-speech" to another language on kindle fire? 4 6 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 4198 8 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 3532 11 minutes ago
Printing or transferring the "My notebook" content from Kindle for iPad 7 11 minutes ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 916 13 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions