Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

RAOK 72, Star Bright, still going...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2013 6:16:48 AM PST
Welcome everyone to one of the best rooms around. We here are dedicated to helping one another, having fun, giving advice, sharing great tips and links and great books that we've read.

Make a favorite drink with one of our many Keurig machines, grab a comfy seat and put your feet up while getting ready to have a great time!

RAOK stand for Random Acts of Kindness for those who aren't in the know!

SAFETY TIPS and INFORMATION: Follow the above instructions to get to your wish list. Again, click the "Manage this list" drop down menu. This time, select "Edit Settings" and this will bring you to a screen that shows your privacy settings. The name you see on the Name line is the name that is shown to people you GIFT books to. Simply change it to the name you're comfortable with and save. This will
prevent your full name from being displayed on your gifts.

To make your wish list visible from your profile, you have to go into your profile and edit it. You need to change the middle section (wish list and registries) to show everyone. If you have that set to private but your wish list public, others can find your wish list through the search, but not your profile. If you change that wish list setting on your profile to everyone, you'll be good to go. That just makes the list visible from the profile, it doesn't change any other privacy settings you have.

To change your Account Name, you have to go to Your Account in the upper right corner then Change Account Settings and edit your name. This won't affect anything that I can see except what it shows at the top of the page when it says "Hi Cyndie" instead of "Hi Cyndie MyLastName". And all people will see on their Digital Orders that send me any gifts is Cyndie, not Cyndie MyLastName." (this last one is important, since it doesn't change anything in YOUR view, lots of people end up having their real names showing on their WL instead of their screen names. Also, you need to make that change separately for EACH public wish list.) It sounds complicated, but it really isn't, and it's well worth a few minutes' work.

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:17:17 AM PST
sorry, i waited, no one stepped up

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:17:32 AM PST
Lenora says:
Great start, Sis! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:17:49 AM PST
Lenora says:
No prob! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:18:11 AM PST
thank you Lenora, back to back thread openings, dont think its been done before

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:19:36 AM PST
seedlady says:
and you got alpha and omega on the last one. pretty cool!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:20:02 AM PST
lol
: )

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:22:34 AM PST
Fran says:
Thanks for opening the new room Squiggs. Love the title.

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:22:36 AM PST
everyone else get lost on the way over?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:23:28 AM PST
ahhh, hi fran, its the best i could do, i remembered seed mentioning having star in the title

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:25:07 AM PST
*breaks out k-cup of hot chocolate for the loser still following us around*
here have something to drink, give one of your hands something better to do besides dv, please wash your hands first though

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:25:19 AM PST
Fran says:
Well it's a perfect title. Still enjoying your star?

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:25:46 AM PST
Found you - would have been here sooner but I was with GRL drooling over Outlander cast photos (OK maybe only one cast photo - but very drool-worthy)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:26:33 AM PST
yes i am, i turn it on every night and watch it glow, makes my stone heart a little lighter every time i look and think about it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:26:52 AM PST
lol, WHO

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:27:56 AM PST
Lenora says:
I love the title, too!

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:28:58 AM PST
Lenora says:
Getting some food, then I'll be back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:29:42 AM PST
best i could do on the fly, heck im not awake enough to think of anything better

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:29:55 AM PST
enjoy Lenora

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:31:47 AM PST
Grl says:
Morning...I thought that Josh was going to do this page. I think I remember him saying something. I could be wrong. Great opening Squiggs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:33:05 AM PST
josh isnt here and we have time for another thread, beats not having a thread, morning GiRRL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:35:27 AM PST
Grl says:
How are you today? I cannot stay long. Only day to get wrapping done. Husband not here and I need to wrap his gifts..I need one more thing for him, but cannot figure out what to get him. I kinda know what I am getting and I feel bad that I didn't do a better job...I just cannot top last years gifts. I got him and Ipod for his car and a blue tooth speaker. He was very surprised because he didn't ask for those things, but they were what he wanted!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:37:13 AM PST
very nice and thoughtful gifts GiRRL, so what ended up happening with the web site you were having troubles with? all fixed? hope so

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:37:52 AM PST
Grl says:
fixed, but didn't get money back and now client ignoring me...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 6:38:17 AM PST
oh geees, not good, sorry GiRRL
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions