Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

pop-ups

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2014 9:33:04 PM PDT
antyjudy says:
There should be an option to remove the pop-up option for bookmarks, highlights and notes. Every time my finger slips when turning a page, I get one of those annoying popups. I was able to remove the pop-up for dictionaries which popped up every time my finger slipped, but I had to delete the dictionary. I don't need bookmarks and highlights, but cannot remove this option.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2014 6:11:09 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
The pop-up is appearing because you're pressing and holding your finger on the page too long. You didn't say what model of Kindle you have, but I assume it's a touchscreen model. You just tap on the screen to turn the page, so you probably need to practice that so you have a lighter touch.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2014 6:56:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2014 7:03:38 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Sounds like you need to practice with a touch screen. I have the Paperwhite and I don't have any problems with it. You would have to touch the screen at the top in the right corner for the bookmarks pop up to come up. Not sure how a finger would slip doing this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2014 7:01:28 AM PDT
Do have the "zones" in your mind's eye when you touch the screen? The top (I'm estimating) 1/4 inch brings up the menu. The left 1/2 inch, all the way up & down (below that 1/4 inch) is "back" a page. The rest of the screen is "forward" page.

It does sound like either you're long-touching (which on touch-screens is a command change), and/or you're tapping where you don't mean to.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 12 days ago
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
36 12 days ago
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Amazon Echo 3946 7 minutes ago
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 7749 15 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat - April 2015 50 34 minutes ago
Why Are Some of My E-books Marked Personal? 1 36 minutes ago
FB&C Book Discussion - Cara's House 29 38 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 2862 54 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 9927 1 hour ago
We're So Quirky, Our Chihuahuas Ride Bicycles! So Geese and Tally Ho! 2407 1 hour ago
ECHO's of Friendship 2320 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2014
Latest post:  Apr 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions