Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How often to the special offers change?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 6:05:35 PM PST
jp7395 says:
I get sick of some of these special offers. Also, how often do special offers that actually OFFER something come along? I remember there was one a while back that let me buy a history book for $1 and it was originally like $15 or something. I haven't seen anything like that since, just ads for movies and stuff.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:10:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 6:11:26 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
I think the list is modified at least daily but, like you, I find the "ads" part seem to hang on for a very long time. I accept the ads as displayed on the home page and as screen-savers but am confused about why they are also put on the SO list - there isn't a "special offer" associated with most of them (that I see at least.)

Perhaps I misunderstand the whole concept of Special Offers?

Nothing to complain about - just curious.

DL

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:13:40 PM PST
jp7395 says:
Daily? Why do I keep seeing the same ones for weeks? I mean, it isn't THAT big of a deal, I was just wondering.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:15:59 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
"Special offers" sounds better than "advertisements." It makes it sound like a benefit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:16:51 PM PST
Have you turned your wireless on? The ads can't update if your Kindle doesn't communicate with Amazon.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:19:27 PM PST
jp7395 says:
asortafairytale: Yes, I turn it on often. But I don't think Amazon updates their special offers DAILY, do they?

Old Rocker: It has been beneficial but I have sickened of seeing Lindsay Lohan on my Kindle screen. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:21:07 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Yes - daily.

I will see changes to the SO list but not a wholesale replacement OF that list each day. On some days, the changes are very few.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:21:13 PM PST
Daily, probably not. I'm guessing it's about every week or so though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:26:08 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Do you have an e-ink or Fire? I don't really pay much attention to the special offers. Just guessing that it cycles through about six or so and a new one is added every few days. I know I can look at the list of special offers, but I've only done that once. On my Fire, I have noticed that the demon Mickey Mouse is gone as well as the Harry Potter one and the Nivea for Men. I still get the Lexus ad. I don't remember a Lindsey Lohan ad, but I would mentally block that one out, anyway :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions