Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

streaming

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2014 10:10:14 AM PST
does anybody know if it is possible to stream from a kindle fire to a sony bravia 3d tv if the tv has wifi

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 10:39:07 AM PST
A. Dietz says:
Check the list of supported devices to see if your Sony TV is listed. You don't stream from your Kindle Fire to the TV, the TV would stream directly from Amazon. Here's the list: http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

If you have a 1st generation Kindle Fire HD you can connect to your HDTV with an HDMI cable.

If you have a Kindle Fire HDX, you can stream to a Miracast equipped TV or buy a Miracast adapter.

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 12:10:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2014 12:14:29 PM PST
Why bother? Are you going to try to watch the TV, and the Kindle, at the same time? Why not just get a Roku box, or a video game console (Wii, PS, X-Box), and use that to stream to the TV? A new Roku, or a used PS3, or such, should cost very little.

Currently, the Roku 1, and Roku LT, are selling for $49.99. The Roku 2 is selling for $79.99, and the Roku 3 is selling for $99.99. I have a Roku 3, and very occasionally stream from it/my internet to my HDX, to watch on the HDX while not near the TV. Usually, I stream from the Roku to the TV, and just watch the TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 12:33:56 PM PST
we were given a roku box as a gift. how do we access movies to watch? do we have to subscribe to netflix?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 12:41:55 PM PST
Mike says:
Only if you want to view Netflix content.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 12:45:48 PM PST
tHANKS

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 12:54:29 PM PST
Ed G says:
There are many things you can watch with Roku that do not require a paid subscription. Clearly Netflix is not one of those - to watch Netflix on any device, you need a Netflix subscription.

There are two things you need: a TV with an HDMI input, and a broadband Internet connection. Connect these things up, sign in, and explore. Have fun! Roku is a really cool thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 1:26:46 PM PST
KaJoLa says:
I have two Roku's. They both came with composite video/analog audio (red/white/yellow) cables so I could hook one of them up to my older TV that does not have HDMI.

The Amazon Instant Video app is on Roku so you can stream from Amazon. There are other channels you can choose. Some are free, many require a subscription.

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 5:06:56 PM PST
Hook the Roku up to the TV, and follow instructions. Some 'channels'-such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc, do cost on a monthly basis. Others like 'Crackle' do not cost. You never have to subscribe to any channels...unless you want to watch them. I have a Roku, and subscribe to: Netflix ($7.99 / month), Hulu PLus ($8.99 / mo.), Amazon Instant Prime (which costs $79.00 up front in one payment to Amazon for a year of Prime. That works out to $6.60 per month, and gets you free 2 day shipping on prime items purchased on Amazon). I also have Acorn ($2.99 / mo). I also watch freebies such as: Crackle, Le Gourmet Tv, and TED. There are also some Pay Per View channels, as well as some Pay Per View shows on subscribed channels. Most of the free channels have mainly older movies, and TV shows...from: This Island Earth, and The Gods Must Be Crazy, to Bonanaz.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions