Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HDX-Music?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2013 1:30:39 AM PST
I've been fluctuating looking at all sorts of tablets, and I've been narrowing it down to the fire hdx just based on speed and battery. I've seen reviews and ratings on everything from the speaker system to video clarity, but I've yet seen anything on the ease and quality for music listening. I know it is not going to be at the level of my cowon, but I need to divest some of the electronics I'm carrying around all the time to make the load lighter and have less to lose if anything happens.

My question is this....

How good is the music when played through headsets?
How good is the music program? Playlists? Music Browsing?
What kind of formats will it support? Flac, MP3, AAC, etc?

I'm just looking for an all in one device to be able to get online news, watch a movie, read a book, or chill with some tunes during my commute when I'm stuck on a train.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 1:43:12 AM PST
Juiced - I think the MP3 player on the Fire is excellent.

1 - The music is as good as your headset is. If the speakers in your headset are good, the music will sound good.
2 - I find it quite easy to navigate. You can easily create Playlists. I create them in the Cloud and then download them when I need them. You can easily toggle between Playlists, Artists, Albums and Songs both on the Device and the Cloud.
3 - It supports unprotected Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2013 3:38:49 AM PST
Thank you for the quick reply. Looks like my Cowon is going into semi-retirement.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions