Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Trash has 400+ read books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2013 1:18:17 PM PDT
SickSquirrel says:
I'd like to delete the Trash to clear up some MB. How can I do this?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 1:26:11 PM PDT
What Kindle model do you have?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 1:41:32 PM PDT
Mike says:
If it has touch technology, touch the title and hold for a menu. Then select delete or remove from device.

Posted on May 15, 2013 1:48:47 PM PDT
SickSquirrel says:
Sorry, Kindle II (several years old but sill works. $259 so I don't want to upgrade!)

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 1:54:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2013 1:55:05 PM PDT
Mike says:
Many models of Kindle. If this is what I'm thinking of, put cursor on title to be deleted, and then press left.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 2:12:20 PM PDT
How have you been deleting your read books?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 2:16:48 PM PDT
When you say "Trash" (with a capitol T) do you mean a Trash folder?

There shouldn't be a Trash folder if you've been removing the books the way Mike described. If you've been connecting your Kindle to your PC and deleting the books through Windows Explorer or something like that, you will get a Trash folder. That's not the proper way to remove books from the Kindle.

If indeed you have a Trash folder on the Kindle, I would move the books from Trash back into the Documents folder and then remove them using the Kindle.

Posted on May 15, 2013 2:19:17 PM PDT
Here's a link for the 2nd Generation Kindle help page regarding removing Kindle content:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_k2cont_delete?nodeId=200375840&#remove

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 5:59:38 PM PDT
SickSquirrel says:
I call it trash but since all Collections are gone ... Once read, I slide square to the right on the title, then choose Remove From Device. It goes into Trash or whatever that Collection is called.

I don't connect it to my computer.

If I can restore Collections, I will post the proper name tomorrow when I get online .

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 6:11:30 PM PDT
When you choose "Remove From Device" it goes to Archives, which isn't a collection at all but a storage space that's not even on your Kindle. So once you choose "Remove from Device" the book is no longer taking up space on your device.

Posted on May 16, 2013 6:29:15 AM PDT
G. McNeil says:
I think you are confusing Trash with Archives. The Archive is where all your stuff is stored in the cloud and does not take up any space on the device. That's where stuff you have bought will be if you ever want to reread anything. No limit on Amazon purchases so no room issues.

Posted on May 16, 2013 12:31:20 PM PDT
SickSquirrel says:
Yes, Archives. I knew it was something ;) As long as it isn't taking up space .....

Posted on May 17, 2013 12:41:06 PM PDT
SickSquirrel says:
All fixed :) Holy ****. Last night I'm reading, not pushing ANY buttons, when the screen goes blank. The Kindle tree appears, then the line goes across as it loads. Scared, I closed my eyes then opened them to see empty Collections. I waited as it loaded my content. Then, BOOM!! All Archived items that were listed are now in Archives.

My content is back, all 913 items, in the right Collections!! I have NO idea why it restarted on its own and repaired itself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 15, 2013
Latest post:  May 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions