Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Blessed are the Dead by Belcamino

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2014 5:51:49 PM PDT
LAW's wife says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:03:25 PM PDT
Is there a reason you posted this review here rather than on the product page?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:05:02 PM PDT
LAW's wife says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:06:28 PM PDT
Go to Blessed are the Dead: A Gabriella Giovanni Mystery (Gabriella Giovanni Mysteries Book 1)

scroll down under the other reviews is "Write a Customer Review" .... click and type away.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:14:48 PM PDT
Ummm.....do you not find it odd that 14 of 25 reviews were written on June 10, and 8 reviews for the Kindle edition were not a verified purchase.

People who shill books tend to make me not read that book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:28:07 PM PDT
Well, I was being nice and not adding my comments on that. Also that most were 4 & 5 star reviews..... not many authors warrant a 5* review, IMO.

I was also keeping quiet about the "I am not myself I am someone's wife and without him (or so and so's mom) and have no identity of my own. But that is just a peeve of mine .....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:48:50 PM PDT
LAW's wife says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 6:56:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2014 7:00:01 PM PDT
Loz says:
No one believes you. it's much harder to find your way here than it is to post a review on the product page.

You may not be related to the author, but I bet you any money you know them somehow and are trying to help them. But you aren't helping, you are hindering...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 7:15:59 PM PDT
I think you have a connection to the author. How's that?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 7:23:51 PM PDT
Real name isn't so much the issue as "identity" .... as in ... ... I have no identity if I wasn't so and so's wife or so and so's mom (daughter, sister) And since you sign your post with your real name, why not be Nancy, proud wife and reader ...... So many people lose their identity to be something or another behind someone else.

I am proud to be Monika, mom to great daughters but won't use Emily's Mom as my ID (or any of my daughters names) (for example)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 7:55:27 PM PDT
No offense, but this review reads absurdly. OHEMGEEE I LOVED IT SOOO MUCH and you will too! You say nothing about WHY you liked it (which real reviews include), and genuine reviews generally DON'T say things like, "Get it now for a low price!"

I call shyteO'bull.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 8:02:05 PM PDT
I'm just going to do myself a favour and put the author on my never read / never buy list.

I am also putting the OP on ignore so I don't have to see any more of her what you referred to in your last statement.

Does it state anywhere that the morally bankrupt shall inherit the earth?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 8:12:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2014 8:15:35 PM PDT
Nancy, I am not the least bit offended by your name or initials or whatever. I AM offended by your so-called review. It's not a review, you're just shilling for this book, and everything about your post suggests you have some personal connection to the author.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 8:15:02 PM PDT
You were able to figure out how to post a review 3 years ago according to your profile!
Liar, liar!

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 8:30:10 PM PDT
Brewingbiker says:
A review like that tells me the book is very likely overpriced at "free". I do think I'll pass. So I suppose in a sense, the "review" was actually useful!
Thanks LAW's wife!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 8:54:41 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
One problem with a review like this, regardless of whether the person posting it has any relationship to the author, is that it tells me NOTHING about the book. I don't even know what genre it is. It certainly doesn't make me interested in finding out more.

If you post in the appropriate genre-specific forum, there are some assumptions that can be made, but even then there are sub-genres to consider.

A review in a general forum should give enough information for the reader to determine if it is a book he or she might be interested in. Then, it's not enough to just say you like or dislike the book; why do you feel that way?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 5:48:01 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
"I am Nancy and not related to this author. I just happen to love this book."

That is probably true.. The problem is, too many people try to use similar posts to drum up buyers/readers for their own books (or books by their relatives). Over the years those sort of posts have made it where any such post is considered suspect.

I wouldn't take it personal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 11:48:11 AM PDT
P.S. Dreadful, dreadful cover. Just...no.

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 12:02:21 PM PDT
It is inconceivable that a book published just 12 days ago already has 25 reviews, given that this author has NO other books published. 22 of those reviews are 5-star, making it all the more ridiculous and suspect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 12:09:45 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
It is possible that the author sought reviewers before putting the book up. Yes, the reviews are suspect if they don't disclose that, but it is possible for the book to have reviews.

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 12:16:53 PM PDT
I suspect many of the reviews were planted by Harper Collins

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 12:26:23 PM PDT
I used the Look Inside feature. When do descriptions become too much?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 12:39:24 PM PDT
When more than half of the Look Inside sample is nothing more than descriptions.

At that rate, approximately 150 pages would make up the story. The balance would be descriptive fill.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 12:52:17 PM PDT
I saw references to the smell of things 3 times in just a few paragraphs. The smell of pizza, the newsroom, her hair.

She had a jolt of excitement, that special friction, that palpable energy, all at one time.

That would possibly leave you smoking. If you did it right.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2014 12:53:22 PM PDT
I wonder how many waif like bodies there are?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions