Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

adobe flash player for kindle fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2012 8:23:21 PM PDT
Nancyann says:
Does anyone know if the kindle fire supports or works with the adobe flash player? I tried down loading but not sure what else I need to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 8:27:18 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Your Fire already has Flashplayer. While your web browser is open, tap the washboard thing at bottom of screen, then "settings" on the far right. Scroll down to "Flashplayer" and set to "On Demand" or "Always ON". While you in the settings enable "Javascript" and turn off "page acceleration" for best performance.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:19:56 PM PDT
I have done all of the above still unable to view videos

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 5:27:36 PM PDT
Rogue says:
Antanett S. Adderley: What type of videos are you trying to watch that won't play?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 7:52:36 AM PDT
D. Withers says:
cannot find this on the new kindle fire 2

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 7:55:57 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That is because it is not available on the latest generation. Adobe has pulled support for Flash on ALL mobile devices.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 7:58:56 AM PDT
This thread has instructions for installing the Dolphin browser and then Flash.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx32OQF72X43RG#Mx2IJRO4UL3O1QI

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:52:22 AM PDT
Leumas says:
What I cannot understand is this battle against Flash on all fronts when people WANT and NEED it and are willing to go through all these loops and hoops to be able to COUNTERACT the disabled systems like Nexus and iPad and now....mystery of mysteries....Amazon.

Why the heck do they want to inconvenience the MASSES of people who are OBVIOUSLY inconvenienced by the lack of Flash support.

What is going on....why the delibrate crippling of the devices so that people have to go through all these gymnastics to enable it again?

It is obviously something that is REQUIRED for most people and I am wondering why the manufacturers are so hell bent on inconveniencing people in this manner?

I guess I better buy a Flash enabled Tablet soon as a backup to my Flash enabled Fire 1....and I better hold on to my Fire 1... I was thinking of giving it away..... no longer.

It really boggles my mind why Amazon did not include support for it especially when their KFHD OS is based on the Android 4.0....also the Fire 1 had it....why go the Apple way or even the Nexus way..... did they not see THE MASSES of people MOANING about the lack of Flash in both devices?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 10:58:55 AM PDT
The hoops are pretty low to the ground. I had it all set up in about 10 minutes. No pain, no angst.

Adobe is dropping support for Android. If you do buy a tablet, don't ever let it update.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 11:39:55 AM PDT
Adobe is pulling Flash support from mobile devices. Apple has never wanted to work with Adobe because they support HTML5. Its not something over which Amazon has any choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 5:44:23 AM PDT
Glenn, your information was, clear, concise and 100% on the mark. Specifically, I was trying to watch BBC video clips and of course nothing worked and I would get the "Download Adobe" message, which was not useful. The problem disappeared after finding and following your instructions. Thanks - Good Job.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 5:04:58 AM PDT
Priceless79 says:
Thank you!! This took care of the problem in seconds!!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:16:14 PM PST
amy k8 says:
Have a first generation fire tried the suggested steps and cannot get flash to work anymore. Help! Cant figure out why it stopped working. Do I factory reset?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:20:06 PM PST
Amy - You can try installing an updated version of the Flash Player. It should work fine with the old version of the Silk browser that's on the 1st Gen Fire. I have a copy of the APK file at this link (it's the first file listed).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Before you download and install it, you will have to update the device settings on your Fire to "allow installation of applications from unknown sources".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:47:35 PM PST
Tina B says:
I don't see flashplayer listed when I looked in the settings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:32:22 AM PST
S. Jones says:
Flashplayer is not listed in the settings of my Kindle Fire HD 7" 16GB. What now?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions