Customer Discussions > Kitchen forum

Paper towel roll holder

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2009 8:03:41 AM PST
flgafl says:
I'm seeking for an excellent paper towel roll holder. One that holds large rolls, the base doesn't move when tearing, and one that will only tear of ONE piece with ONE hand.
Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2009 8:19:02 AM PST
OldAmazonian says:
I bought a plastic one on clearance at Office Depot for two bits, and stuck it to the fridge with the bits of mirror tape included in the box. It doesn't move, and it tears easily with one hand. My sweetie likes it.

Let us know when you've built your mahogany-and-brass behemoth. I'd like to see the plans.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 3:51:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2009 4:00:29 PM PST
Kay Shepherd says:
I got mine at a Farberware outlet (I believe) a couple of years ago and I love it. Could have been a kitchen supply store in an outlet mall, though... Anyway, the paper towels go on from on side only and it has a mechanism in it that resists letting the paper towels fly all over when you pull on one. You can very easily operate this with one hand. Sorry, I wish I had a model number or something. I just checked and there isn't one. It is silver/chrome in color and mounts to the wall or under a cabinet.

Just checked on macy's website...looks like Martha Stewart has something similar in a countertop version...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2009 9:14:40 AM PST
I seen a really nice one at http://www.phyllissprimitivecountrywoodshop.com/Products.html It's made of solid wood and comes in your color choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2009 9:55:35 PM PST
I purchased a Polder paper towel holder at Costco several days ago and I love it because the base is heavy, tears 1 sheet at a time with a gentle pull, and is super easy to change towel rolls.

Posted on Jul 10, 2009 6:02:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2009 6:03:42 AM PDT
Snow White says:
This one is getting very good reviews. Oxo Good Grips 1066736 SimplyTear Paper Towel Holder It's actually brushed stainless, so not as shiny as it appears in the photo.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009 10:46:50 AM PDT
I have the Oxo Paper Towel holder and it does work really well. I buy the Bounty "choose your own size" paper towels and I can pull off just 1 piece of paper towel with no problem.

Posted on Jul 26, 2009 10:46:42 AM PDT
Hapa Chick says:
I realize that you posted this discussion back in January, but if you haven't yet found the paper towel holder/dispenser you were looking for, I personally recommend the following:

Perfect Tear Chrome Paper Towel Holder, Horizontal Wall-Mounted

I purchased that paper towel dispenser only a few weeks ago, but I swear by it. I purchased it after my fianceé and I moved in to a rental house that has virtually no counter space. I wanted a dispenser that would hold any size paper towel roll I would throw at it (I like buying the double-roll paper towels so I don't have to change the roll too often), as well as one where I would be able to pull off one paper towel/sheet at a time with one hand (as I often find my other hand doing something else when I need a paper towel). That product delivers on both of my needs. It's priced at only $12.99 and is eligible for the super saver discount through Amazon.com. The only problem I have found with it thus far is that it does make a somewhat loud ratcheting noise, although the noise is not so bad that the pros don't outweigh the con. It has a simple design and at its price point is well worth it, in my opinion. If you haven't purchased a dispenser yet, I'd recommend taking a look at that product. If you have found/purchased a dispenser that you like, I'm glad you were able to find one! :) Best of luck in your search!

Posted on Aug 26, 2009 7:02:55 AM PDT
Elizabeth says:
I purchased and am pleased with the Martha Stewart Collection Stainless Steel Tearaway Paper Towel Holder. It is similar to one previously offered by Williams-Sonoma.

This ratcheting paper towel holder really works. Tear off paper towels using only one hand. The Martha Stewart logo is small and not that noticeable. The design is simple, beautiful and functional.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2009 12:35:32 PM PDT
Martha Stewart Collection Stainless Steel Tearaway Paper Towel Holder

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 2:55:29 AM PDT
Perfect Tear Chrome Paper Towel Holder, Horizontal Wall-Mounted mentioned above has been an excellent paper towel holder, for even the largest rolls. Look ma, one hand! A bargain at $12.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2009 5:42:48 PM PDT
thats like asking for a magical unicorn... maybe you could use its horn

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 12:16:00 PM PDT
I went to the dollar store and bought 2 wire ones that stand one end (2/$1) and they've been the best thing I ever bought in my life. I'm still using the original one (green, the 2nd one still stowed away somewhere) which I've had for about 5 years. If you jerk down real fast, only one towel comes off.

pat

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 2:19:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 10:44:30 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kitchen forum (25 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kitchen forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions