Customer Discussions > Laurell K Hamilton forum

Meredith Gentry book 9??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 138 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2010 2:05:14 AM PDT
M. Childers says:
I was wondering if there was any news or information on Merry Gentry book 9. I think Divine Misdemeanors was #8?
I have to admit I still want to continue reading this series.

I quit the AB books 2 or 3 books ago, but I still liked the Merry books.
I searched on Amazon but didn't seen anything new for MG.
I won't go to LKH website or blog. To strange and depressing.

Anyone know of a possible pub date??
thanks

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 2:49:18 PM PDT
John Green says:
There's been no official word but the consensus is that she doesn't have a contract for MG.

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 3:45:44 AM PST
T. Alexander says:
It is strange that she isn't announcing the next book for Meredith. Normally by now they would have a preorder up. Maybe she decided to take it easy. Give more time to each series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2011 3:16:03 PM PDT
I went to her website and it looks like the next Meredith book is "maybe" Dec. 2012 - bummer!

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 10:27:26 PM PDT
I like both the AB and MG series, but have to admit I was a little disappointed in the most recent AB book. I hope that the extra time means that she's putting more time into the next books for both series. I would really like to see both continue.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 7:11:16 PM PDT
AmberLeigh says:
She has been "learning to play" (her word not mine) so thats why she has been skipping Merry. She is suppose to start her new deadlines in 2012 with 2 books a year, but hasn't finished the new Anita book yet so I am not sure if Merry will be thrown on the back burner or not. She doesn't do books the way most authors do, she turns them in much later, and you could tell with her last Anita book the ending was very rushed to meet a deadline. Reading her blogs and twitter she hasn't finished Anita so Merry hasn't even been started yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 7:41:36 AM PST
Magdalen77 says:
The Merry book still hasn't been started. She's been tweeting that "making pages" on this Anita book (the one due out in June 2012) is going to be her motto for the next few weeks. So, expect that she will (as usual) get in the first and only draft of the Anita book in late January or February. She won't start working on the Merry book until after that. Probably in March if she takes February off as she did last year.

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 1:58:23 PM PST
H. Shoup says:
WE WANT MERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 9:51:36 PM PST
J. G. Smith says:
What the heck? Why is Merry getting kicked aside when she still has a good story going on? Why is Anita put first and foremost? I agree with H. Shoup: WE WANT MERRY!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:04:31 AM PST
Merry doesn't make the money Anita does and lkh does, in her own screwed-up way, pay attention to the profits. And she doesn't like Merry as much, she's always saying that she struggles to write her.

I agree with Magdalen that she won't start Merry until spring and then she will be stopping for whatever publicity touring she does for Anita, then there will be the summer vacations so Merry won't be done before September otherwise she will finish about 8 weeks before release.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 12:51:04 PM PST
F. Lewis says:
According to her facebook today 13/2/12 she is about to start number 9 any day now, to be ready for December 2012 release. We still have a few months to wait but it is coming!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 1:16:00 PM PST
Dawn Depalma says:
from what she has said on her blog she is going back top alternating anita and merry one each year so this year anita , next year merry

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 4:25:02 PM PST
zoomreader says:
Sad to hear no new Meredith Gentry until December.

I find Merry actually interesting while Anita has reached the end of the line for me. Though both have the Man Harem thing going on, which I find a little boring. At least in the Merry Gentry series, LKH feels the need to create a few strong female characters while in the AB series, other than AB herself we have one, Claudia.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 4:36:10 PM PDT
I love anita and all her men i mean i love merry too but her men are to needed for me i would of kept mistrle(spelt wrong sorry) and frost only the others way to clingy i was mad when they killed rex i know he went nuts but it wasnt his fault but i want new merry books too if they are gonna kill the cool guys

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 5:07:21 PM PDT
J. G. Smith says:
I wonder what the next Merry is going to be about? I hope Griffin returns. He disappeared in the 1st book and hasn't been back since. I want to know what's going on with him. I also hope there's gonna be a new arch enemy, because (Spoiler! Although if you're reading about the 9th book you've probably read the 7th) after Cel died there was really no more sense of danger at all.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 6:28:56 PM PDT
M. Childers says:
I don't really care any thing about Griffin, but I would like a book where the babies are born, and the story has a satisfactory wrap up.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 6:49:39 PM PDT
I would like to see what happened to MG and the babies. I wasn't overly thrilled with flirt or bullet-- but hit list was better, I find it amazing that she still can weave a story around AB after a whopping 21 books.

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:45:53 AM PDT
Meredith Gentry is actually likeable while Anita Blake is not. AB never compromises for anybody and has to have her way in everything. I quit the AB books after Cerulean sins and I probably only really enjoyed them through book five but stubbornly kept going and kind of got to despising Anita. Meredith is all about Love and Life.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 1:31:12 PM PDT
Donna Cravey says:
I actually enjoyed the Merry books until Divine Misdemeanors which was too much like the later Anita Blake books for my liking. I'll probably read the new Merry book (if it's ever published) and hope for the best.

Posted on May 12, 2012 6:56:19 PM PDT
Julaine says:
No title, no release date and no substantial talk about a due date for this book. If it is actually supposed to be in bookstores before Christmas her publishers would need a first draft in their hands immediately. Most of the fall and winter releases already have slots announced. Predictions anyone?

Posted on May 12, 2012 7:15:08 PM PDT
AmberLeigh says:
Didn't she turn in DM like 6 weeks before it was due out? They probable are scared to schedule in a date because they don't want to have a rushed book again.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 7:46:46 PM PDT
Magdalen77 says:
Yes, she did, but that was with her previous publisher, Ballantine. I'm curious to see what Penguin is going to do if she keeps screwing around. She hasn't said anything about "making pages" on this book since April 19th. And if she's not tweeting or facebooking about something she's usually not doing it. Instead she's been whining about how sick she's been with her sinus infection and posting pictures of her dogs and her faux "sister's" chickens.

Posted on May 12, 2012 7:53:56 PM PDT
Magdalen77 says:
You know, Melissa Marr is grumbling about how she's having a hard time finishing her book, needs to write about 4 chapters or around 5,000 words to be done. This book is due out in September 2013. There's the difference between a professional writer and an unprofessional writer. One is almost done 16 months out, the other is barely started less than 7 months out.

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:08:56 AM PDT
I love Merry and I love Anita, for different reasons. I read Anita first, until I caught up to production(lol.) Then I read Merry, and while I didn't like her as much at first I grew to love her, more than Anita because even though she is a fairy princess, she is a little more relate-able for me, more compromising and human, I guess. Anita is a hard woman and it shows. I do still love her, but I need more Nathaniel and Micah! Lol.

Posted on May 13, 2012 11:33:07 PM PDT
J. G. Smith says:
I can't wait for the next one. I like Anita, but I'm not crazy about her - Merry is the love of my life. I can't wait for the next book. I wish we'd get more news on the book - I really want to know what the next one's going to be about, besides her being pregnant and all.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Laurell K Hamilton forum (45 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Laurell K Hamilton forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  138
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions