Customer Discussions > Law Of Attraction forum

What book honestly changed your life?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2009 9:22:57 AM PST
LOA "debbie" says:
If your life did a total turn around which book was it? What did you do consistantly to change your life around?
Your reply to LOA "debbie"'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Nov 9, 2009 12:57:23 PM PST
The book that changed my life is "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" by Mary Baker Eddy--more than 30 years ago. Since then I have found the spiritual message in this book powerful enough to heal relationship, business, health, financial, etc. problems of all kinds.
On page 122, Eddy writes, "The evidence of the physical senses often reverses the real Science of being, and so creates a reign of discord,--assigning seeming power to sin, sickness, and death; but the great facts of Life, rightly understood, defeat this triad of errors, contradict their false witnesses, and reveal the kingdom of heaven,--the actual reign of harmony on earth."
What a blessing for one and all to realize the "the actual reign of harmony on earth."

Posted on Nov 10, 2009 9:50:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2009 10:29:30 AM PST
Discovering Jerry & Esther Hicks' Teachings of Abraham around 2005 felt like coming home to me. This was the first work of a spiritual nature I found that truly resonated with my own beliefs and is totally non-judgemental. I first found the Hicks' monthly column in the Michigan new-age publication PhenomeNews, which sadly went out of business this year. I have read a variety of works on law of attraction, quantum energy, manifesting and other universal concepts over the past few years, but I positively devour Abraham work above all else because it speaks to me directly. "Ask and It is Given" is a primer for anyone wanting to make the most of this life experience, no matter what religious background you may have, or how healthy or damaged you may believe yourself to be. You only have to be open to considering the thoughts conveyed as channeled material.

Works by Seth (channeled by Jane Roberts) are also profoundly enlightening to me; Seth is heavier reading, very detailed, where Abraham shares the same energy in a way that many may find more approachable.

To anyone asking, especially if you were exposed to The Secret and are looking to go deeper, I would suggest "Ask and It is Given" by Jerry & Esther Hicks. I see the Teachings of Abraham as the secret behind The Secret, a foundation to what The Secret took to the public on a wider scale.

The first half of the book shares the concepts of Asking, Receiving and Allowing. The second half offers processes, techniques and games that help the reader identify where he/she is emotionally now and to take a step in the positive direction. I have worked through many of the processes as appropriate for me and every time I connect more strongly with the God-Force within. Some techniques have left me sobbing and gasping in gratitude with a sense of connection to Source that I had never felt so powerfully before.

The rest of the question posed in this forum is "what did you do consistently to change your life around?" ... several responses come to mind, all centered around my own understanding that everything is created by your own thoughts and beliefs (a belief is only a thought you keep thinking). The basis of any life change is in the thoughts you choose to think -choose a better thought (evolve yourself into doing this at every opportunity) and shape your life. This is nothing new! It seems we just get bogged down in day-to-day worldly concerns and forget ourselves. This is, I believe, the underlying concept behind the accumulated wisdom of mankind's experience - from teachers like Buddha and Jesus, through master works from Napoleon Hill and Viktor Frankl, into modern day enlightened thought offered by Abraham and other shared spiritual sources. Moment by moment, choose to be open and reach for thoughts that feel better to you - trust the voice within that tells you what really feels right for you, then you can stop the old programming that seems to run on auto-pilot, keeping you "stuck".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2010 12:25:01 PM PST
Solar Plexus: The Secret Gravitational System unifies Law of Attraction with the science of gravitation, which is the same force. Additionally, videos that illustrate the scientific power are featured on the publisher's website.

* See a preview using Amazon's "Look Inside" feature.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Law Of Attraction forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions