Customer Discussions > Literary Fiction forum

Can a Ku Klux Klansman fall for a black girl?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2011 12:01:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2011 12:51:44 PM PDT
Marge says:
Are you into literary fiction/biographical fiction/inspirational(non-religious fiction)?
Then picture this-
Ted was a member of the KKK and other clandestine White Supremacist Groups. He was the treasure of his deeply racist family, with expectations of him one day becoming a charismatic White Supremacist leader. But life changed in a flash. All it took was one hunting trip to shed the quasi-religious outlook encouraged by his alcoholic family members-his mom Jen, Uncle Rick, a drunken reverend of a Southern White Supremacist Church, and his father and grandfather, senior members in the Ku Klux Klan. During a college break, he attends a feral-hog hunting trip with his relatives. Sitting by a stream, drunk on backwoods Mississippi moonshine, Ted sees a sight that would test everything he believes. He spots an African American woman who steals his heart. Ted embarks on a quest to find her, battling his inner demons as he does. He realizes that there is no force in the world more powerful than the four-letter word, LOVE.
But not before plunging into the Depths of Despair!

Think that something like this is possible?

Read the revised kindle version at:
From The Depths Of Despair: Love: How Ted Forsook White Supremacy To Marry His Princess

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 12:09:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 10, 2011 12:48:58 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 12:33:22 PM PDT
Alex Cat says:
What planet are you from?

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 9:25:22 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 7, 2012 9:29:23 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 1:18:52 PM PST
I think you should redo the title at the very least.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 11:01:51 AM PST
Yes "MEN" sometimes PREY on female minors known as girls.

No I couldn't a white supremacist won't "fall" in love with a black female. Having been ingrained he will "know" she is not good enough for him, and hate her on sight. Additionally one does not fall in love like one falls in a ditch or catch it like chickenpox. One wanders into love or allows it into their heart. He would not do that with a preceived inferior.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 11:32:51 PM PST
Ryan Felts says:
Please remove the excess colons from your title.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 2:34:04 PM PST
Sad Clown says:
This sounds like the worst thing ever made.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 5:22:29 AM PST
Far Lefkas says:
>>>Think that something like this is possible?<<<

Google a guy named Jeffrey Eskew: young career criminal in Montgomery County, MD, in the 80s & 90s who was a racist & anti-Semite & confessed to vandalizing synagogues. His Jewish wife was w/ him when he was gunned down by police 'round 1994 or so.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 9:57:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2012 9:58:03 AM PST
Bill Mobley says:
The plot is not too bad. I have often wondered what a person would do if they fell inconviently in love.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 7:58:05 AM PST
dumb_ox says:
I think the story would be better if what he thought was a black woman actually turned out to be a bear.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 8:12:24 AM PST
dumb_ox says:
I think it would make a great movie with adam sandler as the randy rascist and martin lawrence as a black tranny.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 10:03:17 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 11, 2012 10:04:57 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2012 9:38:26 AM PST
Marge says:
Thanks Bill. This is really the essence of this story.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2012 9:39:11 AM PST
Marge says:
Indeed. Very Interesting parallel!!!

Posted on May 22, 2012 2:36:33 AM PDT
I'm trying to look at this with an open mind. It could be interesting, but to me there's one problem: nowhere in your story suggestion do you describe how the black woman feels about having a white racist running after her, madly in love. Is she merely in the story as an object to show his transformation or does she have a voice and a background? If you want to sell the story (to me at least), you would have to present her as an individual in your blurb with reservations of her own.

If the question had continued: and could a black girl fall in love with someone she has always seen as a violent racist man, it could be interesting. If not, then it is just a "white male lusts after pretty black woman" story, and believe you me, there is nothing new in that situation.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 2:43:00 PM PDT
Firestarter says:
Jesus take the wheel...

To the OP of this thread....here is a dose of reality...

Most black women with good sense wouldn't willingly date, marry or love a white racist. I don't care how he may feel about her, SHE more than likely won't return his feelings. A lot of black women have issues dating white men period. I cannot imagine any black woman hooking up with a white racist...reformed, repentant or not.

I can almost guess the plot and conclusion of this story. It is a fantasy written by someone white. You won't catch a black woman writing anything similar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:12:19 AM PDT
Jedi knight says:
Exactly. This is beyond stupid. This is offensive. As a black woman, I find this concept stupid. Who would read this? This just sounds plain creepy, however, if the novel ended like the movie "Dont Look Now," and this poor woman he is stalking glides over to him and cuts his neck with a hatchet, now we are talking business.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 10:22:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 10:34:56 PM PDT
Bill Mobley says:
I do not understand some of these responses. There is a verse in the Bible that says: "Love covers a multitude of sins." Will she kill the man because he fell in love with her? Maybe his love for her will bring about a change.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Literary Fiction forum (220 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Literary Fiction forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions