Customer Discussions > Literary Fiction forum

The Fat of the Land, by Ron Chappell

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:42:51 PM PST
Michael Bond says:
It's hard to take a chance on a new book and a new author but I'm really glad I did. Ron Chappell is a great storyteller. There were stories that made made me laugh, poetry that made me think and characters I will not soon forget.
A book that entertains you but also makes you stop and think, is a book of substance and a rare find. Nothing I hate worse than a book that wastes my time and money. This book was time and money very well spent and I will be looking for Chappell's next book.

Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 7:24:04 PM PST
The Fat of The Land This is a truly impressive first work by author Ron Chappell. A collection of short stories and poetry set in the heart and badlands of New Mexico. No one before Chappell has truly captured the essense of life here in the 1940's and 50s. From his intimate connection to the spirits of Mesa Verde, to his own memorable past and Twainlike adventures among the poorest of New Mexico's children, to the legendary stories passed down for decades through the Llano Estacado, Chappell has created a book that will stand the test of time, the harshest of critics and long endure as an irreplaceable window on a time and place in New Mexico history, that until now has never been shared. I highly recommend this book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Literary Fiction forum (219 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Literary Fiction forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions