Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Literary Fiction forum

Dark Tower series advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2012 1:29:59 PM PDT
I have not been a King fan but have read some of his earlier novels. I just bought a lot of books and among them is Wolves of Calla, No. V in the series.

Will I be completely lost starting with this or does it stand alone?.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:39:22 AM PDT
Please do yourself a solid start with the first book and read them all in order I am on the 7th book now and I think that if you start with # 5 you will miss out on a huge part of the story

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 4:17:59 AM PDT
Thanks for the reply. Does seem a daunting proposition considering how big and heavy this No. 5 is. He doesn't write light, does he? Oh well.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 1:51:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012 1:52:40 PM PDT
Yes, you will be lost. Even if you like it as a stand alone book, you will simply lose the great interaction between the characters in earlier books and how they united. And the first four in the series are simply excellent, my personal favorites, the books 3 and 4.

And don't be daunted by the big and heavy books in the series, the pages fly by.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Literary Fiction forum (220 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Literary Fiction forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Aug 3, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions