Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Literary Fiction forum

GREAT book for bookclubs--"The Ghost of Anna"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2011 12:26:34 PM PDT
Wow! Our bookclub just read this book, and the discussions we had didn't end! We ended up meeting again just so that everyone had their turn to discuss this complex, yet refreshing, novel that deals with the cascading effects of a man's infidelity on his rural Alaskan family. Everyone who reads this can relate to one the very believable characters. Check it out!

Product description:The Ghost of Anna
The Ghost of Anna follows the tempestuous journey of Maddie, whose heartbreak over her philandering husband turns to rage when he presents her with the newborn baby of his dead mistress. Demanded that she raise the child as her own, Maddie struggles between her desire for revenge and being true to the ideals that she holds for herself.
Set in Alaska, this is a story of bitter rivalries and unexpected friendships. The haunting landscape mirrors not only the propensity for darkness in the human soul, but also its unconquerable strength.
Your reply to Seraphina Bookclub's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 9:06:31 PM PDT
Emma G. says:
I'll check it out. We just used The Devil Wears Nada: Satan Exposed! and the conversations we had were a blast. It's witty and smart. Check it out.

Thanks for the rec. We're always on the lookout for something different!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 9:15:40 PM PDT
Thanks! We're always looking for new material, too! We'll check out your recommendation! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 11:36:24 PM PDT
Jared Martin says:
I recommend ONCE UPON A TIME AT CALVARY by Benson C Saili. I'm a professor in Creative Writing and this book was written by my ex-student. It's the only fictional work I have ever recommended.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 9:00:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2011 7:23:49 PM PDT
We loved Mao's Last Dancer. Everyone thought it was one of the best books we'd ever read. We also liked Russian Winter, and Shanghi Girls.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 2:31:12 PM PDT
Pat says:
I recommend The Thief of Moments by T.R Hull. It brings up lots of interesting topics regarding euthanasia, dementia, and end of life questions. Very interesting read.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 10:00:55 PM PDT
Cadmium Blue says:
Thank you for all of your suggestions. I highly recommend IN MALICE, QUITE CLOSE by Brandi Lynn Ryder. We just finished this novel in our bookclub and it was one of the best literary fiction novels we'd ever read. The discussions that our group had was the best ever. Fabulous novel!!

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 9:20:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 7, 2012 9:28:00 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Literary Fiction forum (220 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Literary Fiction forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions