Customer Discussions > Literary Fiction forum

short stories that will wrench your heart, make you cry and give you hope

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2010 9:14:39 PM PDT
Time of Triumph: short stories and selected poems If you enjoy short stories that are edgy but earthy about characters drawn from the breath of life, preview my book along with poetery streight from the heart with passion in both Spanish and English. Finalst 2008 New Mexico Book Awards.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2010 6:15:58 AM PDT
how do I do that? (Feldibuy@gmail.com)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2010 1:21:29 PM PDT
Joel, Holden says:
I have written 5 collections of them. Barry Eysman

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 5:02:03 PM PDT
David says:
put it out for Kindle please

Posted on Jul 19, 2010 7:59:54 AM PDT
Here is one to read that has it all for only 99 cents.

TALES FROM THE HEART

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 4:10:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2010 4:10:42 AM PDT
You might consider 'In the Valley stories', available for kindle @$1.99; 20,000 words, six stories.In the Valley stories

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 6:51:32 AM PDT
Callahan says:
Night Shines As Day

Try this one for a sad story told in dazzling prose, with redemption at the end. Right up this alley!

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:24:59 AM PDT
My Hometown Named Love My short story collection My Hometown Named Love fits the description well. It has 20 contemporary short stories about love for women seen from the men's point of view. These stories are not part of romance genre, but are more melancholic and psychological, things not always ending happily, telling stories in first person. These stories also deal with topics such as death, divorce, friendship, family, parenthood... You might recognize similar feelings what you've experienced. Now on Kindle only $3.99.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 4:34:20 PM PDT
Jacob King says:
This is clearly a forum for people to shill their own work but if anyone comes here looking for a truly heartbreaking short story I cannot reccomend "The End of The Game" by Julio Cortozar highly enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:44:38 AM PDT
Thanks for an actual suggestion (good one at that). Seeing all of these people trying to sell their books makes me remember why I stopped looking at Amazon discussions.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 3:20:22 PM PDT
My Hero is My Monster

MY HERO IS MY MONSTER

A young girls childhood is stolen when her hero becomes the monster in her bed at night.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 10:47:34 PM PDT
Andrew says:
Beaten Zone is a collection of stories about war and its lingering effects. In it, I draw upon my own personal experiences with the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Beaten Zone is not The Things They Carried; its not The Yellow Birds. It is what it is. Please, give it a look.
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2012 2:42:21 PM PDT
Andrew,
First of all, thank you for your service. Secondly, I read you're stories. They are really good--it certainly belongs in this forum. I wish you the best of luck!
Beaten Zone
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Literary Fiction forum (220 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Literary Fiction forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 27, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions