Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Manga forum

Yaoi Manga/Anime Discussion II

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 20, 2010 5:19:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2010 5:21:57 PM PST
Mythago 2005 says:
Some of the Togainu Art books have some explicit scenes in them. I was disappointed that the manga and anime were scrubbed up. I can't see pure violence being very interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 5:25:19 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
yeah, violence is not something I care for at all. checked, but nothing for art books here but will look on akdot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 7:42:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2010 7:45:18 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
J. R. - I don't think your V6 S.E. was defective. I ended up buying two of them from two different sources and neither one had the fan with it. I think that LJ person was just lucky to recieve the fan as a bonus from whatever retailer/individual she purchased it from.

C.R. - I was hoping for some BL titillation from Togainu no Chi too, something along the lines of Uraboku, but alas no. Not even a little tease to fire the imagination.

Posted on Nov 20, 2010 9:09:03 PM PST
Mythago 2005 says:
I have a V6 SE and I have a round fan, but I don't remember if one was related to the purchase of the other. The illustration on the fan isn't the same as the one on the dust jacket on the book.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 1:13:36 AM PST
P. Rothwell says:
Morning all, anyone read Baseball Heaven at all? I think I'm intrigued because a sports theme is relatively uncommon (feel free to wade in with a dozen examples to prove me wrong). Also the cover art looks good in a kind of Yamato Nase-lite kind of way. And of course the promise of 200 pages of rookie-pitcher-catcher gags is difficult to resist...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 6:11:45 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
Pussman, he is calling your name!!! she is nuts about baseball and I believe this book in particular. BP--think you would like Deeply Loving a maniac. no gakuen, but the seme gets involved in track! short shorts, sweat, muscles...high school boys, romance and graphic love, just a little angst, and more funny otaku love--this poor guy trips into his otaku fantasies (and lightweight perversions--what's a little hentai between lovers?) about the boy he loves with the slightest provocatoin and the author at the end I think holds the promise of more. funny, sweet stuff. really like this one. I do have Maniac Shorts SHot but this is much better I think, at least emotionally. and I remember one story in shorts shot, at the end I think, that I actively loathed and do not reread but Deeply Loving is super all the way through.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 8:41:29 AM PST
D. L. Wise says:
I read Baseball Heaven. It's definitely light fare played mostly for laughs. I was kind of surprised as previous books I've read by Ellie Mamahara have been heavier with a more somber mood overall. I can't say B H is a favorite, but not bad.

I second C.R.'s recommendation of Deeply Loving A Maniac (Yaoi). Smutty, high school goodness, lots of otaku fantasy and cosplay and yeah, I forgot about the sports stuff when the one kid joins the track team or some such. Nice bod in those shorts and tank. Yummy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 9:07:45 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
very nice body work in this one. masculine without being overdone, and the uke is not girly/girly. laughed out loud with this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 1:33:17 PM PST
P. Rothwell says:
Okay then, two more to add to my never shrinking shopping list *sigh* - seriously, thanks Emery/DL as always. Manga binging is the least of my worries right now. I find myself in a strange headspace where preordering figures that cost 120GBP BEFORE shipping/import duties etc. seems a reasonable option...

Emery - know what you mean about the Maniac Shorts Shot story. I was intrigued by the reactions to it and bought it for that particular story. Everyone was saying it was dark, disturbing, etc etc and I was imagining something like X Day, or maybe even Confidential Confessions...but this was more like a Saw movie or something, just plain creepy, nasty and vile.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2010 2:16:34 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
yeah, even without the negative glory of Evil, just really made my skin crawl. this is otherwise the best time of year when I can get almost unlimited shipments from amazon and no eyebrows lifted, no slant-eyed looks, no "Again?" heh heh... they don't know my holiday shopping was almost done months ago. few pj bottoms to make and a doll and I am home free.....

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 9:54:20 AM PST
indigo says:
I simply loved the uke in Stray Cat. At the beginning when Yohai comes looking for the cat, when Kaoru is sitting on the park bench, and he give Yohai such a sweet come hither look, and finds out that it's a lost cat that Yohai's looking for, it's so cute! I love how Kaoru hides under the covers whenever he's embarrassed. This makes me think of Kanda climbing a tree in Love Full of Scars whenever he's running from his emotions.

Also I really like the last story in ZE Volume 6 (Yaoi) when Moriya turns the table on Ryuusei.
I also recommend Deeply Loving A Maniac (Yaoi).
Now I'm ready for the next batch. I hope that some of them are on time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 10:13:47 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
loved stray cat as well. Rothwell, did think these two (and Ze if you have not started yet) might be up your alley.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 10:21:28 AM PST
B. Pussman says:
Okay this Deeply Loving a Maniac now REALLy does have my attention funny otaku love and track shorts so I'll be able to overlook the no gakuen!

Baseball Heaven is pretty slow moving and NO Rothwell they don't take advantage of some great pitcher/catcher innuendos (I mean come on even the Ouran Host Club couldn't resist throwing in a great Hikaru/Catcher = Kaouru(sp)/Pitcher comment.. sex wise it's pretty tame come to think of it I don't remember them even having any.. baseball wise oye the lingo is all wrong but the mangaka apologizes on her limited knowledge of baseball. For someone like me that was born with a glove/bat and will always be the child that made her father miss Sandy Koufax's perfect game back in 1965 (like I planned on being born that day!)

I was one of those that felt the last story of Maniac Shorts Shot was awful there's a difference between kinky play and having someone punished for a crime they didn't commit that just didn't sit well with me. I have that book and baseball heaven if anyone wants them or for trade...

As for Togainu no Chi the computer game is way better than let's say "Absolute Obedience" pc game which I see Amazon still doesn't even sell but they sell Enzai - Falsely Accused. Does anyone else play Absolute Obedience? Help? I can't seem to get higher score than C I've put Louise through 3sum and all I get is a D grade? I'll never unlock the "secret mission" ggrr

Speaking of Togainu no Chi the pillow I bought months ago for 14.99 well they call it a cushion is now like $42.00 at Animaxis, forget the stock market I can triple my investment on pillows.. here's what my pillow looks like: http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/product.asp?sku=156429-00

well back to work for me.. lots to do!

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 2:15:52 PM PST
J. R. Brown says:
Akadot is having a "bundle sale" with discounts on complete sets of some of their series (mostly older). Some of them are very heavily discounted; Rin! (3V) for $9, La Esperança (7V) for $21, etc. Not sure how long this lasts.

http://bit.ly/ieLdcT

I'm a bit annoyed by the bundle of all 4 vols of S for $22, since I paid $20 for V4 alone just after it came out (directly from Akadot), when they were making it seem that it was going to be a limited print run or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 2:55:20 PM PST
lore says:
Indigo, Re: Starfighter? You did? Huzzah! I always get a bit nervous making direct recommendations to people, but between this thread and the MM one, I caught on to several peoples' tastes. ^_^

Paul - I read "Baseball Heaven". Sports themes seem to be popular in Japan, but don't get brought over here as much. It was pretty tame. A funny, sweet, story, but I don't remember much in the smexing department, which means there could be more than smooches, but it might not be memorable. Definitely smooches, though. I love the artist, but she does seem to keep on this side of the R rating. Luckily, her writing usually makes up for the lack of adult action.

JRBrown mentioned the bundle sale, so let me point out that both volumes of Words Of Devotion Volume 1 (Yaoi) (v. 1), which we've discussed at length here, are on sale for $6.00 and yes, S is only $22. That bites me in the behind, too, JRB, because that's still cheaper than what I bought the set for on Ebay. All 7 volumes of "La Esperanca" are $21.00 ~faint~ and an early Toko Kawai set, "Our Everlasting" is $6. A set of one of my favourite giggle books, "Love Recipe" 1-2, is also $6.

I'm a little relived NOT to see my beloved "Love Control" on the bundle list. I hope that means it's selling out or too well to discount. Any of the sets that are more than 50% off are probably poor sellers or books DMP reprinted - either way, you just know that DMP is sitting on a ton of them.

Er...did anyone else notice that "Only the Ring Finger Knows" 4 was available from Amazon again for a brief time? I zoomed in and ordered it. Now we'll see if it actually arrives at my house. The order says shipped, but I won't believe it's really RF4 until I have it in-hand. Really sorry I was distracted, everyone. I wanted to alert the discussion, but it's already listed as out again. T_T ~slinks off~

love, lore

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 5:08:35 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
What I'm cheesed about is Under Grand Hotel. Both volumes now bundled for 8 bucks. I waited for Amazon to release these two so at least I didn't pay full retail but dang, I still paid $33 for both of them. And this for books I was mostly just buying to support the industry.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 5:22:19 PM PST
lore says:
Wow, DL, how did you find that bundle? It wasn't on the main page! And I agree with you, I would have avoided the title if the industry was healthier. I think I held out for Amazon prices and paid $28, but still! Then again, this can't bode well for the books' sales. No wonder there's so few 801 Media titles coming out these days.

love, lore

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 5:58:41 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
Okay, this is so weird. I saw UGH listed at Yaoi Club bundled for 8 bucks...now its listed as $43. I am not seeing things, I swear! When I saw it listed for that I was totally shocked. It must have been a mistake that someone caught and fixed and man, that was fast!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 6:01:15 PM PST
lore says:
Um, that was me. I tweeted DMP and asked if sales were truly that bad and they said it was a mistake and now corrected, thanks. Man, I'm just keeping people from the good deals right and left these days! ~blush~

love, lore

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 6:52:12 PM PST
B. Pussman says:
Staring at lore you couldn't wait till some of us got in on the super bargains *evil eye*

Okay just hit the BUY button at Amazon for Stay Close To Me and Stephen King's Under the Dome, Amazon says I will receive my items Wed. Nov. 24 let's see it is now 6:48 California time.. can they do it.. since it's PRIME you don't pay for 2 day right? ... I am now taking bets..

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 6:54:10 PM PST
yousei says:
Have you guys seen this?

"Media Blasters to Restart Yaoi/Boys-Love Manga in 2011"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-21/media-blasters-to-restart-yaoi/boys-love-manga-in-2011

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 6:58:49 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
I ordered shinobi life 6, endless comfort, finder 2, and iron man 2 dvd for holiday present at 300 pm my time and got notice of shipment at 6 pm for 24th as well! wait and see...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 7:19:19 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
lore - I'm glad you told them. While it would be really nice for someone to pick up such a super bargain, it wouldn't be so great for DMP to lose money in such a way. I'm not paying full price for their books just to see them go under because mistakes were made that saw their product sold for some incredibly ridiculous price. If too much of that kind of thing happens we'd all eventually suffer the consequences.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 7:27:09 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
yousei - With Media Blasters starting their yaoi again, that must be why Wintertime Love was relisted for preorder. According to Amazon, it's scheduled for release in Jan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2010 8:30:27 PM PST
Mythago 2005 says:
Yay!!!
It loooks llike they will finish: Gay's Anatomy Episode zero, Drawn to Him, and Akihabara@deep, vol.#6. I chased all of these around for a while with no success. I hate it when things are dropped before they are finished--especially when there is one key volume left.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Manga forum (162 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Manga forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions