Customer Discussions > Manga forum

Yaoi Manga/Anime Discussion II

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2010 5:52:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2010 5:58:09 PM PST
T. LaPonte says:
Well, it seems 10,000 posts is the limit for discussion threads on Amazon. Hopefully everyone will find their way to the new one here. Update your Feeds and e-mail settings, everyone! And congratulations on 10,000 posts in three years!

Anyway, Kiss Blue and Endless Comfort are up on eManga now. I haven't quite broken down and placed my Akadot order with Ze 6 yet. I keep hoping some new releases will come out so I can top the order off with them. If nothing comes through this weekend I think I'll just cave and order anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 5:54:04 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
thank god you saved me. have been bashing head against the wall trying to figure out how to fix this.. been long freaking week....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 6:00:46 PM PST
T. LaPonte says:
It's been a long week for me as well, but our Christmas show is just about up (as far as I have anything to do with it, anyway). Time to unwind with some anime and manga. ^_^

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 6:04:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2010 6:05:41 PM PST
B. Pussman says:
And we are entering the time of year every church secretary fears... new computer at work doesn't have all the bells and whistles so no EManga for me at lunchtime ggrrr

three years who knew it all start on.. Nov. 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM PST
booklover0226 says:
The first yaoi manga I read was Fake. It's .... and the rest is history..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 9:41:07 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
This is sort of epic isn't it? I'm so glad I found this thread. Can't tell you all how much I enjoy being able to discuss my favorite subject with such a nice bunch of people.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 10:14:13 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
yes. it has really meant a great deal to me to have people who understand and enjoy similar things.

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 4:24:47 AM PST
P. Rothwell says:
Token Guy has found the new thread too! Actually popped up on the 'my communtiies' list automatically, which was a little confusing. Echo DL and Emery's sentiments wholeheartedly. If it wasn't for you fine people I might have some spare cash to spend...though who I can blame for the figures thing is another matter...here's to 20,000 posts!

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 6:17:15 AM PST
yousei says:
Hello new thread! Yes, it popped up on my communities list also, and when I saw the old one at 9999 posts, I just figured. This thread has become a daily "fix" for me for sure. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 9:49:38 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
crossing my fingers for akadot to sail through to my mailbox by saturday! am taking a real day off from ALL jobs (paying and nonpaying, i.e., loving family...) and sewing, watching anime, making tea by the pot, and possibly trying to rewire a leaded glass lamp that was attacked by grandspawn last night. my books would be lovely added to that list...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 11:01:11 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
BWA HAHAHA!! Ze 6 and deeply loving a maniac out for delivery and sholuld be in mailbox by 330...life may not be sweet but is now tolerable...

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 11:29:18 AM PST
D. L. Wise says:
Congrats C.R.! Enjoy your books. I just got my Gintoki Sakata figure, special order Souichi Tatsumi (Tyrant) phone strap and some bonus Uraboku cards and candy from Japan. It's a good day, peoples.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 12:30:51 PM PST
J. R. Brown says:
@ D.L. Wise: How did you get the Souichi cell phone strap? Did you go through the coupon/other-coupon/money-order thing, or was someone selling them?

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 4:03:16 PM PST
indigo says:
Lore loved Starfighter.

I also was glad I bought Deeply Loving A Maniac (Yaoi) and Ze. 6. I just finished rereading Ze 5 and will tackle Ze 6 tonight. Deeply Loving a Maniac was delicious.
With A Bloody Kiss Tonight and Stray Cat I am in yaoi heaven.
10,000 posts. Wow!
Yousei, I don't see on the release schedule for Digital Manga Cold Fever. Where was it? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 4:25:40 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
J.R. Brown - When I bought the deluxe edition of Tyrant Vol. 6, it came with the Morinaga strap and there was an offer for the Souichi strap in the back of the book. You had to send in the proof of purchase upc square from the inside dust jacket on the manga. I asked the lady in Japan who gets stuff for me to order it for me. I don't know if it's still available or not.

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 4:38:39 PM PST
yousei says:
Indigo, Cold Fever is listed here on the main page as Dec. 20, 2010:

http://www.junemanga.com/

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 5:03:18 PM PST
indigo says:
Yousei, found it. I was in the wrong website. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 6:41:13 PM PST
J. R. Brown says:
@ D.L. Wise: yeah, that's what I was talking about; I got a Japanese-speaking friend to translate the offer in the book, and it looked like way too much to do from overseas (they asked for not just the coupon in the V6 special edition, but also a coupon from the Oct Gush, and a Japanese money order, and only shipping to a Japanese address...). I'm hoping they show up on eBay or something so my Morinaga won't be lonely. :( Maybe I need a Japanese contact.

Did your V6 S.E. come with a fan? Someone on the Takanaga LJ got a fan with hers, but I didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 9:02:40 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
J.R. Brown - Oh yeah, I forgot all about having to get the coupon from Gush too. The lady who did it for me took care of all that and I forgot she told me that she'd have to buy the magazine too. They didn't make it easy to get Souichi.

I got my V6 from Akadot and it didn't come with a fan but that same lovely lady who gets stuff for me, sent me a Tyrant fan along with the doujinshis she purchased for me. It's not a fold out one but rather one of the flat, circular ones. Is that what the person on The Takanaga LJ got?

Posted on Nov 20, 2010 6:45:19 AM PST
yousei says:
Wow DL, I need a lady in Japan that is so helpful!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 7:31:11 AM PST
D. L. Wise says:
yousei - Well, ya know I do pay her as this is a service she runs. I must say she does a pretty good job. I've never had a problem with any of the orders I've sent her. She signed up to go to Animate for me in March to get the Uraboku artbook. They gave her an application ticket for Hotaru Odagiri's signature exhibition so when she goes back to get the book she's going to get it signed for me. I'm so excited! Now that she knows I like Uraboku, in this package she just sent me she included 3, not for sale, Uraboku post cards which are really pretty. I see them selling on Ebay but haven't wanted to pay those prices for them. She doesn't send freebies all the time, but a surprise now and then like candy (KitKat etc) the postcards, she sent me an Uraboku fan as a freebie with my last order, so, you know, that's nice to get a bonus now and then. She does charge a fee plus the shipping. If you want to check out her service, here's the link: http://kaimonodaikou.ninja-x.jp/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 1:50:09 PM PST
J. R. Brown says:
Yes that sounds like it; not a "real" fan but a paper cutout, with a pic of Morinaga and Souichi. The Takanaga LJ person said it "came with" the V6 S.E., so I thought it would be in the box with the Morinaga strap, and when it wasn't I thought mine might be defective or something...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 2:35:32 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
finished Ze 6 and Maniac last night. both very satisfying. ze carried through with great story and artwork which is getting more explicit but I am greedy--has anyone seen a synopsis of Ze 7 or a possible pub date? maniac was funny and sweet, lots of mild angst and does he really, lots of smutty love scenes. Otaku love at its best and funniest. art was interesting. a little odd at first for the seme, face seems long in the middle section but it is attractive and is harmonious with his body and with the story, but I did notice it at first. this mangaka is higher on my list now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 4:03:11 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
is togaino no chi (sp?) in manga format? have heard that there is nio BL in the anime, just violence but implication was that this was not the case in some other media? and now that uraboku anime is at least in waiting room, does anyone know of something with a similar feel (like I need another addiction!)?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 4:51:04 PM PST
J. R. Brown says:
@ CR Emery: Togainu no Chi Volume 1 (v. 1) is out from Tokyopop; it's up to V6, I think, and still ongoing. The original game which it is based on is a sexually explicit BL visual novel, but the manga/anime have been firmly de-BL'd.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2010 5:02:28 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
manga too, huh? well that sucks. thanks-would have been very irked to get and not have more than just the alleged plotless violence when that was not what I was looking for!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 395 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Manga forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  9851
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2010
Latest post:  9 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions