Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Indie authors sef-promote your kindle e-books here

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4151-4175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 28, 2012 3:01:30 PM PDT
ANN SELF says:
Romance, mystery and the supernatural all come together in this ROMANTIC THRILLER series of three large books. No forensic gore, just spine-tingling, cat-and-mouse suspense with a dash of romance and a touch of spectral to keep you on edge.
Intrigue and mystery curdle just under the surface at Springhill Estate, with its gothic barn and high-dollar showhorses. Visit if you dare and mingle with the elite and working stiffs. One of them is a killer; find out which one.

SOMETHING MOST DEADLY , SOMETHING VERY GHOSTLY , and SOMETHING MOST EVIL .
Clean romance. Mild language. 2.99 each.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 3:36:00 PM PDT
The Bub says:
Savage To Savvy

Psychology graduate, Heidi Harper is appointed to work with Professor Mala, pioneer of a new project to rehabilitate dog-reared feral child, Nicki. Heidi is soon asking questions and her mission takes on sinister overtones. As the truth outs, the lives of all concerned begin to unravel. Savage To Savvy is a psychological novel following the structure of an academic paper: Abstract, Introduction, Method & Results, Discussion, Conclusions.

ABNA Quarter-Finalist 2012

Many thanks

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 3:57:40 PM PDT
My name is Calvin Jones and I recently uploaded my book The Ridiculously easy Guide to beginner meditation to Amazon. It's available for free on the kdp select program. My book deals with easy meditation routines that anyone can learn, and use as a starting point in meditation practices. I deal with four easy meditation routines, and also deal with relaxation techniques. I decided to include relaxation techniques in the book because meditation and relaxation techniques go well together. The free option will be available until the 30th of Aug 2012. Get a copy and review and tell me what you think. I want honest feedback so I can grow.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 4:04:10 PM PDT
Jack Night says:
The Dead of Winter

For the Anderson family, Rockwell is the picture perfect small town. A wholesome place to start over. But as the autumn days begin turning to winter something is awakened deep within the woods. Something bent on revenge.

Cut off from the rest of the world they must fight to stay alive as the haunting presence lays claim to Rockwell, exposing the dark secrets of the town that created it.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 5:40:11 PM PDT
Story Time

over 57- 4 and 5 star reviews!
This review is from: Story Time (Kindle Edition)
This is a truly original story about the apocalyptic end of the earth. As natural disasters and alien invaders claim millions, a group struggles to survive the devastation on a remote ranch in Washington State. The tale is unveiled to us as it is being passed down to younger generations by the woman whose family owned the ranch, and also through interviews by a reporter who gives us another side of the story.

This is a beautifully crafted book. Ms Jeppsen has done a brilliant job of portraying the entire gamut of human emotions and personalities, - from weakness to strength, despair to hope, immorality to compassion, grief to peace. Her characters are utterly believable and her descriptions of events put you in the midst of the action. It is well-paced and maintains the tension throughout.

I loved the book and recommend highly. Well done, Ms. Jeppsen.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 10:44:30 PM PDT
The Dead Have Ruled Earth For 200 Years

Two hundred years after humanity was forced to abandon Earth to the zombie hordes, three humans descend in great armored battle-suits into a world populated only by the ravenous and rotting undead. They will gun down as many hundreds and thousands of the monsters as necessary in their fight to retrieve the most important possession we left behind.

Too bad one of them is an idiot.

The Dead Have Ruled Earth for 200 Years is not a love story. It is not a work of spiritual mythology. It is bleeding and biting, cutting and explosions; a written rocket of death and disfigurement, with all humanity's future at stake. Get ready for a white-knuckled descent into the worst of all possible nightmares. Two centuries after the end of the world, it may be the last story of humanity's battle to survive.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:10:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012 4:25:37 AM PDT
http://amzn.com/e/B002E0PDHE

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains is a 62,000 + word collection of 17 short stories and 15 articles/essays, many of which were published in regional magazines over a period of several years. Many have to do with growing up in the mountains of North Carolina and others are the result of an irrepressible penchant I've always had for turning little slices of life into stories.

5 star reviewers say:
*I bought this collection of short stories to read because I love my mountain heritage. I was not disappointed! The stories were wonderful. I especially liked the one about the day care in the old house. I also liked the story about the flood of 1940. You will enjoy this collection-especially if you like the Appalachian Mountains.
*Love her writing style and am anxiously awaiting her future books. The stories were short, well written and in some cases, left you wanting them to continue. That's the mark of a good story teller you always want the next installment.
*All I can say is wow! What a treasure trove of short stories and articles, well worth the $2.99 price. I don't know what I enjoyed the most: Annis's reminiscing about her childhood, the stories about the unique people she's known, or the wonderful way she brings to life the woods and smells of the North Carolina mountains which she obviously loves so deeply. Some of her short stories are horrifying, such as McCauley's Garden; some are funny; all are absorbing.

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:18:46 AM PDT
The Pen Pal

Shaymus O'Shea is the kind of man we wonder about when we hear disturbing news stories of people's disappearances and serial killers at large. We wonder what kind of monsters commit such cruel and senseless killings. We associate them with the worst nightmare we have had. Sure, there have been many studies about the psychology behind the profiles of serial killers. Some say it is a disease. It is as if anything we human beings don't like can be blamed on some anomolies of our body and mind.

Read "The Pen Pal", and you will be disturbed and shocked. Remember "Silence of the Lamb"? Remember Joseph Congrad's "Heart of Darkness"? You will get that. But you will also get something else. "The Pen Pal" takes a unique perpective to a crime story and reveals something completely unexpected. The story has a slow start and for a while you may not recognize what you are reading. The setting is early 20th century in the countryside of Ireland. It reads like a tale of the growing up of a boy, surrounded by a large family. You can smell, hear and feel the life of the people in this little town.

And then subtly, you feel something creeping up. Only you can decide what you read, because you will be led through a dialogue, not about somebody else, but about you, as a human being. Only you will decide what you learn.

The author has the writing style that reminds me of New Yorks Bestseller author, Augusten Burroughs. He does not just write, he engraves, spits, and shouts out his words.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:28:34 AM PDT
XAMBooks says:
Kindle Freebie AUG 29;
See http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdPage=2&cdThread=Tx1HK7B3XJFV85#CustomerDiscussionsNew for complete list of free titles!

My Beautiful Unfulfilled Future

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:31:35 AM PDT
A Myth, A Prophecy and A Curse

AT THE SHADOWS EDGE

Venom

The Pen Pal

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:53:49 AM PDT
Banana Kiss, the Kindle, free on Amazon today and tomorrow!

Robin Farber lives in a psychiatric institution. In her mind, she creates the world by looking at it, a world where she is God.

"Powerful, compelling storytelling and a unique reading experience.' - Robert Wiersema Globe and Mail

"This is a marvelous, heart-breaking, occasionally joyous, eye-opening piece of fiction, that is Bonnie Rozanski's debut novel." - Christopher McCallister, Psychologist

`In Banana Kiss, Bonnie Rozanski coaxes the comedy out of a love affair between a schizophrenic and a manic depressive.' Stephen Smith Globe and Mail

"Parts of this book are funny; some are absolutely sad and heartbreaking. Some parts are profound while others skip willy-nilly; from here to there; not unlike Robin's thought process. This is an excellent and difficult technique which the author seems to have mastered....skilled writing!" - Don Blankenship

"Devilishly funny, Rozanski delivers the goods." - Leon Rooke, author of The Good Baby and Shakespeare's Dog

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 6:00:30 AM PDT
Biker Babs says:
Alias Raven Black (Second Chances) $3.99/Christian suspense

Seeking redemption in all the wrong places...

Brenna has lived most of her life just left of the right side of the law. While on vacation at a secluded ski resort, her past finally catches up with her. Her father, who she hasn't seen since she ran away at sixteen, suddenly wants to reconcile.

Before she can make sense of that overture, the FBI whisk her off to Minneapolis. In exchange for a clean slate, she is recruited to work as a mole in the home of known mobster and suspected drug lord, Anthony Giordano. Under the alias, Raven Black, she becomes nanny to Giordano's children.
Brenna's hands are full just learning to mother two spoiled kids, while her main objective, finding information that would put their father away for life, remains elusively out of reach.

Will the secrets she discovers bring absolution from the past she's tried so hard to leave behind or simply tear her heart in two?

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:42:28 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 7, 2012 3:17:17 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:45:11 AM PDT
On offer FREE today and tomorrow, 29th and 30th, August....

Blind School (Mystery, fantasy thriller (Urban fantasy, YA))

A crossover urban fantasy/YA novel - Harry Potter meets X-Men/X-files, as one LA producer termed it.

None can see like the Blind...

Ryan Lorimar and Jessica Werner have a special gift: they can see `fallen angel' apparitions within other people. But as the fallen angels in turn know that they've been `viewed', it's a gift that will get him killed. They need protection. They need to enter `Blind School'.

Their only hope is Ellis Kendell and his team of agents. Day in, day out, Kendell's team trawl through street-cam images from across the nation to pick up that tell-tale eye light-refraction of `viewers'. Can Kendell's team get to the viewers before the fallen angels and get them to safety in `Blind School'? But there's also an added agenda: Kendell's department want the `viewers' help in tracking down more `fallen angels'.

Yet is Kendell deluding himself? Setting this small group of teens against a legion fifty-times their number of the most cunning and vicious murderers and criminal masterminds the nation has to offer - is he simply throwing them to the wolves? Fated to watch them one-by-one die. The odds are against them.

Blind School reviews:
'An adrenalin-rush, one day read. If you've ever wondered what might make mass-murderers and megalomaniacs tick, now you know. Never has the ongoing fight between good and evil been so much fun, or so frighteningly real.'
- Wendy Mellor, Simply Scripts.

`Harry Potter with attitude. Plumbs into the teen readership that has made Harry Potter and Twilight so popular, but with a wry slant that would also make it appeal to adults. Has `kidult' written all over it.'
- Tom McIntyre, Xanadu Productions.

John Matthews reviews:
`Matthews maintains the suspense... an engrossing odyssey into the seamy side of a world that is so near, yet sometimes seems so far. Compulsive reading.'
- The Times

'One of the most compelling novels I've read... an ambitious and big novel which will keep you enthralled to its last page.'
- Cork Examiner

'A classy, well-written and unusual thriller.'
- Yorkshire Post

'Matthews delivers one of the best debut thrillers in years, brave, ambitious and remorselessly entertaining. Past Imperfect is a stormer.'
- Dublin Evening Herald

'Move over Grisham, your reign is over! Reminiscent of vintage Grisham, but Matthews has his own distinctive style. Strong, believable characters and a plot that grips from page one and won't let go, twisting and turning its way towards a nail-biting climax - they don't come much better than this. One of the best and most memorable thrillers I've read in years. A winner all the way.'
- Bob Burke. Mystery Readers International.

Distinctively written... all the forceful energy of the best thrillers.
- Kirkus UK.

`A clever premise for an epic page-turner written with wit, compassion (and) highly evolved characters.
- Daily Telegraph.

`... A chilling and thrilling novel, one in which real people start to wonder if they are insane, and have to come to terms with a terrifying reality that threatens their own life. Mesmerising.
- Books Monthly

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 10:01:51 AM PDT
Roll Call, A True Prison Story of Corruption and Redemption ( Roll Call Volume 1 ) On sale with kindle for 2.99, or 17.99 in print. 24 Five star reviews and rated number 4 on Amazon in crime thriller.

Race Riot, A SHOCKING, Inside Look at Prison Life (Prison Killers- Book 1) On sale for .99 cents with kindle, or 6.97 in audio book. Rated number 1 in the UK in crime thriller with over 20 five star reviews.

Lock Up Diaries- Drug Debts (Prison Killers- Book 2) See what happens in prison over drug debts between races, mobsters and prison guards! 2.99 with kindle.

Gladiator: A SHOCKING View into the Most Notorious Super Max Prison (Prison Killers- Book 3) On sale for .99 cents with kindle.

UNDERDOG (Prison Killers- Book 4) 24 Five star reviews, 2.99 with kindle or 6.97 in audio book.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 12:40:52 PM PDT

Gardening is a year-round process!

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

5 star reviewer comment:
*I love this book! It has practical advice about gardening. Whether you decide to buy seeds or plants, the information you need is in this book. It is obvious that Ms. Jackson is an avid gardener with lots of experience. If you are looking for some practical gardening advice- buy this book!

PRACTICAL GARDENING consists of 19 previously published articles (21,500 words) that offer workable solutions for garden problems; all advice is based on several decades of personal experience. Because pictures embedded with text on Kindle are black and white (gray scale, actually) I have uploaded a selection of photographs of my gardens that may be accessed by clicking on the above link, then clicking on See All 22 Customer Images which is located just below the PRACTICAL GARDENING cover image.

Purchasers may request photographs of other items such as seeding beds, tools, and/or specific plants mentioned in PG by leaving a comment on my Author Central Page.

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Perennials
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Bulbs
#9 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:36:26 PM PDT
Detour to Dusk

over 18- 5 star reviews! only $2.99~~
5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, even for people who don't like vampires., August 14, 2012
By
Entropiated "Entropiated" (Saint John, NB) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Detour to Dusk (Kindle Edition)
I'd like to start by saying that vampire stories are not my usual reading material, but this story was able to keep my interest and I was moved to make it to the end to find out what happens.
Also, it would be a mistake to lump this story in with all the more modern vampire stories that seem to be in vogue lately. There are no "sparkling" vampires, or swooning teenagers filled with angst.
What you get with Detour to Dusk is a MATURE story about vampires who, although they are beautiful creatures, are not necessarily glamorous or perfect. They have their faults, and even though they are powerful, these vampires are not immortal or without weaknesses.
What's even better, in my opinion, is that the author has created society of vampires that is as varied as human society. They don't all have the same powers, they don't all feel the same vis-a-vis humans and they are not - necessarily - blood-thirsty monsters. There are even a few that I would consider meeting in person because they seem like genuinely good "people."
In Linell Jeppsen's world, there's lots of variety, and it makes for a compelling read. I'm going to steer clear of plot spoilers and a synopsis of the story, but suffice it to say that it all holds together well and there are no holes or loose ends to speak of.
This is a high-quality piece of work and worth every penny. My girlfriend is more a fan of vampire literature and I'll gladly suggest she read this book.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:44:44 PM PDT
Deadly Trust (Inspirational Romantic Suspense) is a novel perfect for the end of summer. You'll never go to the beach again without thinking of this book. And when you read that troops were covertly in Libya, remember that it was discussed in my book before any government admitted to it.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:53:47 PM PDT
T.P. Miller says:
Forget what you think you know about vampires. It's all going to change when you meet the cast of Out for Blood. Dracula ain't got nothin' on these vamps. In the first book of the Chosen One series, you'll meet Nef, Ram, and the crew as they take on challenges that test their love, trust, and loyalty. Wanna know more? Then pick up your copy of Out for Blood on Kindle, Nook, and also in paperback.

Out for Blood

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:53:13 PM PDT
Bella Marie says:
More Time Well Spent

Hello Readers! How about some exciting sexually explicit stories to spark the imagination? This book was written after listening to my fans; combining the style of the first book I published, Time Well Spent - The Complete Collection with its intense sexual situations along with Jennifer's New Adventures and its more in-depth story line. It has made the stories more interesting I think. This book has 5 stories in it with a lot of sexual fun throughout all of the stories.

WARNING: ADULTS ONLY! EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT NOT INTENDED FOR MINORS.

Happy Reading!!!
Bella Marie

Warning: Adult Explicit Sexual Content
http://bellamarie66.blogspot.com/

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 4:41:31 AM PDT
The Pen Pal

Shaymus O'Shea is the kind of man we wonder about when we hear disturbing news stories of people's disappearances and serial killers at large. We wonder what kind of monsters commit such cruel and senseless killings. We associate them with the worst nightmare we have had. Sure, there have been many studies about the psychology behind the profiles of serial killers. Some say it is a disease. It is as if anything we human beings don't like can be blamed on some anomolies of our body and mind.

Read "The Pen Pal", and you will be disturbed and shocked. Remember "Silence of the Lamb"? Remember Joseph Congrad's "Heart of Darkness"? You will get that. But you will also get something else. "The Pen Pal" takes a unique perpective to a crime story and reveals something completely unexpected. The story has a slow start and for a while you may not recognize what you are reading. The setting is early 20th century in the countryside of Ireland. It reads like a tale of the growing up of a boy, surrounded by a large family. You can smell, hear and feel the life of the people in this little town.

And then subtly, you feel something creeping up. Only you can decide what you read, because you will be led through a dialogue, not about somebody else, but about you, as a human being. Only you will decide what you learn.

The author has the writing style that reminds me of New Yorks Bestseller author, Augusten Burroughs. He does not just write, he engraves, spits, and shouts out his words.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 7:45:56 AM PDT
The Dead Have Ruled Earth For 200 Years

Two hundred years after humanity was forced to abandon Earth to the zombie hordes, three humans descend in great armored battle-suits into a world populated only by the ravenous and rotting undead. They will gun down as many hundreds and thousands of the monsters as necessary in their fight to retrieve the most important possession we left behind.

Too bad one of them is an idiot.

The Dead Have Ruled Earth for 200 Years is not a love story. It is not a work of spiritual mythology. It is bleeding and biting, cutting and explosions; a written rocket of death and disfigurement, with all humanity's future at stake. Get ready for a white-knuckled descent into the worst of all possible nightmares. Two centuries after the end of the world, it may be the last story of humanity's battle to survive.

Luminous and Ominous

If you had three days' warning of the end of civilization and a safe place to hide:

What would you take with you? Who would you save?

And who would you leave behind?

Henry Willingham and his friends have three days to make the most terrifying decisions of their lives. The world has been infected by an inescapable living nightmare of alien vegetation that will replace all life on Earth. They must get everyone they love safely underground into a fallout shelter. There's not enough time. There's not enough room for everyone. Who will they save? Who will they leave behind?

How will they live with the consequences?

After hiding underground for a year, the last three survivors must brave the otherworldly infestation and travel through what used to be upstate New York struggling for their lives and their humanity.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:35:50 AM PDT
Temporary Intrigue

_Temporary Intrigue_ by Judy Huston is available on Kindle for 99 cents. This delightful contemporary romance is set in the Australian coastal city of Newcastle. It is a full-length novel.

Blurb:
When an intriguing man rescues her from an embarrassing situation, Dimity has no intention of letting anything develop from the encounter. After all, she doesn't have room in her life for a permanent relationship - no matter how tempting the prospect. Josh feels the same. Commitment is not his scene, and the impulse that compels him to play Good Samaritan to this apparently oddball female is just a momentary glitch in his orderly routine - or so he tells himself. In fact, they're so absorbed in trying not to be attracted to each other that they soon can't think of anything else. At first they don't even notice the danger lurking in the background . . .

Cheers,
judyhuston.com.au

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:39:24 AM PDT
H. Phillips says:
What hovered in the overcast skies at less than 2000 feet above the gates of Chicago's O'Hare Airport on November 7th, 2006? Was the observed craft man made or was it extraterrestrial? How and why did it violate the airspace of the airport?

IF this was a human built craft, was it us, them, or some rouge groups of nefarious humans with ties to no government? IF this was an alien built craft, was this an opening protocol? What alien intentions would be involved in sitting over one of the busiest airports in the world?

UFO blogger Rick Phillips brings the O'Hare UFO Airport Incident to life once again with these posts and analysis made when the story was hot. Much can be learned about how the mainstream media reacted to the first BIG UFO story of the new millennium - and how they would act differently afterwards.

FREE from August 30th Until September 3rd - Important UFO Sightings Of The 2000s - The 2006 O'Hare UFO Airport Incident (The Heavy Stuff Book 1)

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 9:28:49 AM PDT

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln

#86 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > People, A-Z > ( L ) > Lincoln, Abraham

Reviewer comments:
*The legend of the true origins of Abraham Lincoln has existed around North Carolina since his birth. This author takes the legend and weaves it into a very believable story.
*Into the Twilight is a powerful love story that touches the heart because of the tragedy (I don't think that is too strong a word) involved.
*Annis Ward Jackson can be depended upon to produce a well-written and well-researched story.......ITT has really captivated me with its rich details and descriptions of early US people, their customs and influences. My interest in Abraham Lincoln has increased tremendously.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln is based on a story ignored and/or suppressed by generations of biographers of our 16th president, Abraham Lincoln.

The story of Lincoln having been born in Rutherford County, North Carolina, the illegitimate son of a wealthy, educated, and respected magistrate and farmer, has stayed alive for over 200 years because it was an undeniable part of the history of that place.

The residents of the area never sought to have their county designated as Lincoln's birthplace. After all, he was not a exactly a popular figure in the American south at the time he was assassinated.

There are volumes of testimonials on the subject, from respected judges, teachers, ministers, attorneys, and everyday citizens reaching all the way back to the time when Lincoln first ran for public office.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln is not an attempt on my part to try to prove the story's validity. My fascination with the legend resulted in a novel, basically how I imagined the situation to have played out from the time Abraham Enloe left his home in Charleston, South Carolina and made his way to western North Carolina, to the time Nancy Hanks Lincoln died in 1818, leaving behind her son Abraham, purported to be only nine years old.

Abraham Enloe had battled the elements and wild animals, and fought at the Battle of King's Mountain. However, although married with several children, nothing had prepared him for the overwhelming passion he came to feel for Nancy Hanks who had been placed in his home as a bondservant eight years before at the age of ten.

Abraham Enloe, his wife Sarah, their daughter Nancy, Lucy and Nancy Hanks, young Abraham Lincoln, Felix Walker, and many other characters were real people.

President Abraham Lincoln makes only a brief appearance at the beginning of the novel.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln

$2.99 on Kindle
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1726
Total posts:  9993
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2011
Latest post:  6 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 90 customers

Search Customer Discussions