Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

ANy indie authors out there promote here

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2012 7:09:54 PM PDT
try my novel out it is a coming of age novel entitled the mercenary birth of a hero

In Edge City there are four types of people: the criminals, the civilians, the police and, finally, the Mercenaries who are the true defense of the city. To escape poverty, young Tobias Ravencroft wants to become a mercenary. That is, until he meets Nikita Malloy, a femme fatale who seems to be hiding something. Why does she seem so interested in Tobias? Discovering he has strange new powers, he finally gets the chance to join the mercenary group called the Storming Tigers.

The Mercenary: Birth Of A Hero

Posted on May 29, 2012 12:22:34 AM PDT
In this universe there are no chosen ones, just ones who chose.

Enter Vallone. It's a town ruled by a vicious tyrant named Contanis and his loyal but highly lethal army. They've managed to do something that many people can only dream of doing. They've made all of Vallone's citizens equal, but this has amounted to little more than equal oppression. The citizens can't stop him and his men, so they can do nothing more than play the role of his mere tormented subjects. Now factor in the mysterious Tablet of Omainu, which can help apply this same ideology to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, Contanis and his people have it. Fortunately, they don't know how to use it yet.

Meanwhile, a team of vagabonds come to Vallone, and thus, complicate this little maniacal game. Together, they're known as Hex Immortal. They're intelligent as well as skilled in combat. Each one of them can offer up a piece of thought-provoking insight, and then at the drop of a hat, take you down. They can mess you up so bad that even God himself wouldn't be able to stomach it. Their mission is to save Vallone and get the Tablet of Omainu before it can be used by the sadistic Contanis or anyone else. This adventure will test their skills as well as themselves. However, the government of Vallone won't give this treasure up willingly. Therefore, it'll stand against them. In synchronicity with it, Hex Immortal and others will do the same and isn't that what it means to be a hero? Now let the adventure come to light and darkness...

Whether they shall stand or fall, they will surely heed the call.
Whether you shall stand or fall, will you also heed the call?

http://www.amazon.com link: Adventure Arc the First: Entity of Ascendancy (Darkquisition Book 1)

Disclaimer: Rating: 18+
- Graphic violence
- Graphic nudity and sex
- Harsh language
- Other adult issues

Bonus: Book club discussion questions are included with this e-book.

Remember: You don't need an e-reader to read this. You can read it on a computer too.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:54:35 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 5, 2014 6:58:07 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:58:30 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
The Depths of Deception (16 five-star reviews)

"Intelligent, compelling." "Hauntingly beautiful." "An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

America has disappeared some years ago. A neo-fascist Party has come to power in the UK. China is on the rise. A submarine hurtles through the cold dark waters of the Atlantic en route to an unknown destination. Only the ship's doctor knows its true mission, but he is not who he appears to be.

A sweeping tale moving from the violent heart of Apartheid South Africa, to the ruins of the United Kingdom, and down to the edge of the world in the frozen Antarctic landscape, The Depths of Deception is a tale of revenge, served as a shatteringly cold dish.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:58:50 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 3, 2014 9:50:35 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 4:46:58 PM PDT
George Cook says:
The Dead War Series The Dead War Series: BOOK 1

....A simple balls to the wall zombie tale. The Rotting Zombie therottingzombie.blogspot.co.uk

My suggestion is... you probably don't want to read this one on an full stomach. Go ahead! Jump on over to AMAZON to get a copy of George's zombie tale now! Michael Clutton Tasty Terror tastyterror.blogspot.com

George Cook's Dead War Series is a fun time (IF you think fun is apocalypse of slow-style zombies! We do!). The Madore Brothers necropology.com/

The US Army doesn't run from any enemy, living......or dead!

In the year 2053 the dead walked. Mankind was caught off guard at first but within six years mounted a massive military assault on the dead.

These are the stories of some of those men and women that fought back. These are the stories of some trying to find a "cure". These are the stories of those that are just trying to survive the nightmare of the walking dead. These are the stories of those that caused The Dead War.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 4:01:54 PM PDT
K. MCCAY says:
Hello all. Just stopping in to do a little blurb about my book, which was recently published. My book can be found here on amazon and on most major e-book distributors. The title of the book is, "Confessions of a Heretic: How a Right Wing, Fundamentalist, Conservative Pastor Became a Leftist, Liberal Heathen".

As one can guess from the title it is the true story of my journey deep into the world of fundamentalist, evangelical Christianity and my journey back out of that world. The first half of the book is simply my memoirs detailing my journey. The second half deals with doctrines espoused by fundamentalist Christians and the problems which I believe those doctrines cause in the lives of the people who hold to those doctrines.

I wish I could say it was a perfect book (I have already found several editing errors), but I hope that people will be able to read it and at least be caused to think. Thank you for allowing me to mention my book here. The link to my book on Amazon is: Confessions of a Heretic: How a Right Wing, Fundamentalist, Conservative Pastor Became a Leftist, Liberal Heathen

If you do happen to read my book and enjoy it, if you write a positive review and let me know (bmac3130@yahoo.com) I will add your name into a drawing for a signed copy of an original copy of the manuscript.

Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have. :)

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:10:37 PM PDT
jamie says:
In Love and Lust (Wild things)

A story of lust, identity, seduction and Love!

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:49:56 AM PDT
Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles) - 99 cents
With more than 20,000 copies sold for Kindle worldwide, this is a summer must-read. When tall, dark, and mysterious Chaseyn Lear arrives in the small town of Evergreen, Colorado, high school senior Lia Jameson's life is turned upside-down. An unexpected twist of fate unravels a long-time family curse that puts Lia in the center of a supernatural drama and threatens her life.

Wanderlust (The Cordelia Chronicles) - $2.99
Lia Jameson is excited to embark on the journey of a lifetime with her best friend, Addie, and the jock who's out to make her his own, Eli. There's just one catch. Alexei is no longer the only vampire eager to get his fangs on her. With Chaseyn out of the picture, Lia must try to keep Addie in the dark about her dangerous secret, while a bevy of new undead allies make every effort to help Lia journey across the European continent unscathed. Will she escape the evil clutches of Alexei? Will she return to Chaseyn? All of these answers and more can be found in the pages of Wanderlust.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:07:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 8:15:39 AM PDT
Thanks for the opportunity to post. Thanks readers!

THE CURSE - If you know anyone who suffers with depression, this novel, one you are sure to enjoy, may help you better understand them.

In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with depression, first love, prejudice, and Christian faith. If you like realistic fiction and a cleanly written love story, you should enjoy this book with its 1963 southern setting. Kindle price $2.99.

HANNAH'S QUEST FOR LOVE - "Why doesn't Papa love me?" is the question that screams from Hannah's soul.

Hannah, a Jewish maiden, wants one thing in life, her father's love. She has one hope. If God chooses her to be the virgin to bring forth his son, she's sure her papa will love her. This book paints a picture of life in ancient Israel when God, who had not communicated with His chosen people for over 400 years, sends John the Baptist and Jesus to reach out to the Israelite people. Enjoy this time in history through Hannah's eyes. On Kindle this approximately 67,500 word count novel is $2.99.

HEAVEN-BOUND OR HELL-BOUND? - A gentleman in my church said he could hardly wait to get to the end of this story to learn if Josie Zon ever accepted Christ as his Savior. The titled chapters average about 1550 words each. Kindle price $1.49.

TIME IS TICKING - Character building fables

Sold as one book, they are about perseverance, courage, good judgment, telling lies, kindness, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, and working together. Word count is approximately 1500 each. Kindle price $ 1.49.

THE CREATION (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

An illustrated verse: On day five God the heavenly Father spoke and made the fish. With their fins and tails they went swish, swish, swish.
Kindle price $1.29

GOD'S WAYS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

An illustrated verse: God the heavenly Father is holy. His thoughts are pure, and His ways are right. That's why little ones pray to Him at night. Kindle price $1.29.

TEN COMMANDMENTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

An illustrated verse: God the heavenly Father said to obey parents in the Lord for this is right. Little ones obey rule five when told to sleep, they close their eyes tight. Kindle price $1.29.

HIS GIFTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

An illustrated verse: God the heavenly Father gives the gift of love: See the mama duck protecting her chicks from the hawk above. Kindle price $1.29.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:27:08 AM PDT
The Black Book is a unconventional romance between a rigid businessman, an uptight fiancee ready for the finer things in life, and a mysterious woman he just met on the train. It uses emotions to discuss dreams, desire, ambition, mixed bold characters which makes this a must read. It's free if you have Amazon Prime and is worth the read!!! It's a 6 chapter preview and I promise you after reading you will be HOOKED!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 11:33:05 AM PDT
Roger Weston says:
Treaure, Intrigue, Suspense...5th century Three Kingdoms artifacts, 15th century Korean battleship...and the forgotten WWII battlefield of Kiska Island, Alaska.
The Golden Catch

Customer review excerpt:
Roger Weston's Frank Murdock must surely be a worthy rival to Indiana Jones. Golden treasure, an assassin and an archeologist, and the baddies on their tails.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:00:38 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
The Nog Sisters
An adult fairy tale.

"disgusting...witty, funny, quirky, and entertaining." "well written, intriguing and original...twisted and clever"

The Nog Sisters is NOT a story for children.

In a world very close by, on a small island beneath a brown sky, two fairies still believe in the existence of humans.

Their friends, the jungle monkeys think they're crazy. The local giant Worms are nervous...Even the Goblins aren't convinced.

But the fairy sisters, Fritha and Tirna Nog have other ideas...

In a world very close by, two little creatures set out on a big adventure.

The Nog Sisters

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:11:00 PM PDT
New Myths and Legends of Edinburgh Volume 2 is now released to the wild. If you're coming to Scotland for the Festival, here's a little collection of tales to get you in the mood. If you're not coming it doesn't matter: you'll enjoy them anyway.

New Myths and Legends of Edinburgh - The Great Al Fresco!

And Volume 1, "Professor MacIntyre is Missing!" is a great companion.

New Myths and Legends of Edinburgh

You won't find these tales in the history books....

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:17:51 PM PDT
Celebrate July 4th with a great summer read...The Killing Sands is an anthology comprised of "murder on the beach" stories. The seven authors who contributed their work are: Rick Murcer, Dani Amore, Rebecca Stroud, Gary Ponzo, Tim Ellis, Traci Hohenstein, and Larry Kelter. Price will be going up soon so - at $.99 - it's a steal!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 12:22:06 PM PDT
Story Time

over 37- 4 and 5 star reviews-nominated as the best read of 2011 by the PRG- only $2.99
She has drawn from the many scientific and geological projection and fears published by noted individuals about the future of the northwest - earthquake in Seattle, eruption of Mt. Rainer (Remember Mt St. Helens?), Yellowstone Park area along with demonstrated human nature to describe a frightening but possible disaster scenario. One only has to observe the local terrain and land forms, still smoking volcanoes, past lava flows and fault lines to realize similar disasters occurred in the past and remain a likely future possibility. The only real question is not "if" but "when"! When the even occures I hope the aliens will be there to rescue. I recommend reading the book, but you can expect to loose some sleep as you lay awake pondering the questions of what if and when. Scary thoughts!

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 8:24:17 AM PDT
Shorts, Bombs and Wall Street Dons

Wall Street in the late `90s was a wild place where everyone tried to get an advantage to make money. Some got inside information, others had politicians in their pocket and then there was Morgan Merrill who's strategy was wholly original, very illegal and so out of the box that no one would ever consider it. Not even the mafia capos who's money he managed. "Shorts, Bombs and Wall Street Dons" will discuss this groundbreaking strategy and those who were trying to stop it.

ONLY 99 CENTS!

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 8:41:06 AM PDT
★★★★★ FREE eBook Sun 7/08 through Tues 7/10 Download this bestselling job search book by Paul Rega, nationally recognized Executive Recruiter with over 28 years of headhunting experience, and find out why it hit the #1 position in Job Hunting books in the country, surpassing "What Color is Your Parachute. "A Must Read in Today's Job Market!"

How To Find A Job: When There Are No Jobs, 2012 Edition: A Necessary Job Search Book & Career Planning Guide For Surviving And Prospering In Today's Hyper Competitive Job Market

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 8:47:15 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
The Depths of Deception (16 five-star reviews)

"Intelligent, compelling." "Hauntingly beautiful." "An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

America has disappeared some years ago. A neo-fascist Party has come to power in the UK. China is on the rise. A submarine hurtles through the cold dark waters of the Atlantic en route to an unknown destination. Only the ship's doctor knows its true mission, but he is not who he appears to be.

A sweeping tale moving from the violent heart of Apartheid South Africa, to the ruins of the United Kingdom, and down to the edge of the world in the frozen Antarctic landscape, The Depths of Deception is a tale of revenge, served as a shatteringly cold dish.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:15:15 PM PDT
Hi all,

I've just recently published my third novel, THE ROAD TO VEGAS, a sexually thrilling drama, through Kindle for the first time. I've also uploaded my first two books, LIFE AND DEATH ADVENTURES IN LONDON, a dramedy, and HOW I WON LOTTO, MOVED TO L.A & MARRIED A REALLY HUGE TV STAR!, a comedy.

All books available through Amazon here - http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B005X02JQK

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 10:19:49 PM PDT
Crystal Lee says:
Canopy: Volume 1

My science fiction romance, Canopy, is available on ebook now for $.99!

As Earth's pollution problems increase in the year 2042, Jash Lepitt has decisions to make. Does he take the responsible route, fusing by inhaling DOOGS: specialized alien species of gnats that will genetically enhance him? Or does he remain flawed; be discriminated against by a society rewarding fused people? Desperate to win over Lissy Darrish, he questions it because she's a Danat-a purist opposed to changing the body. In addition to her convictions, she's also falling in love with a Danat, Tryst Navar. Devoting his time to protecting her from Tryst is harder than it seems for Jash. Tryst witnessed a friend of his being attacked by aggressive DOOGS while on the job building houses in the treetops. What will happen when all three of them become involved in the secrecy of the canopy's DOOGS? And will Lissy risk being with Jash when being intimate can possibly contaminate her?
For more information on this series or on the author:

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/CLeeAuthor

Facebook author page: http://www.facebook.com/crystalleeauthor

Twitter: @CLeeAuthor

Goodreads: http://bit.ly/LeeGoodreads

LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/CLee_Author

Google+: http://bit.ly/CLee-Author

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 3:03:57 AM PDT
Sean J Joyce says:
Project Hope - a contemporary dystopian novel.

In the Zones, a troubled society walled off from the outside world, nineteen-year-old Dylan lives in the crossfire between rampaging gangs known as hoods, and tyrannical government guards.

Trapped in a brutal reality, he confronts the helplessness of his situation the only way he can-through his art. By day, he takes on the role of protector, caring for his little sister, Lil. By night, he lives a secret life, breaking the curfew and braving the dangerous Zones to paint the perimeter wall with his subversive images. But with the eye of the warden upon him, and the hoods tightening their grip on the Zones, inaction is no longer an option. He must do the one thing no one else has dared to-unite the downtrodden residents and reawaken their hope.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:37:25 AM PDT
The Scorpion is free again for two days. Today and Wednesday. Get it now. It won't be free again for quite a long time. DEADLINE, Book #1 in the series, is only 99 cents.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:45:03 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
No Man's Land
"...well written and impeccably edited...it isn't for the faint of heart or the weak of stomach. It pulls no punches."

Nothing is ever what it seems in Hollywood. A private investigator with a troubled past suspects that someone is trying to set him up. As he follows the bloody trail of evidence, he is led into a violent and unexpected No Man's Land.

No Man's Land: a brutal love story.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:48:21 AM PDT
Evin Matthew says:
The Sunwright Chronicles - Lifting the Veil of Tyranny

Join the Adventures of Paris, Suadela, Tobias, Calia and Pershing Sunwright as they live, love, and defend their home of Kirmar and the world of Terah.
The Empire of Kirmar is in shatters, its Emperor is insane. Staunch allies of Kirmar the kingdoms of Marin and Kelvaine have fallen to a powerful barbarian invasion from the east that now threaten to destroy the Empire of Kirmar. Not all is at it seems, as Paris and his wife Suadela both powerful mages sense an evil entity guiding the recent destruction around them. Now the husband and wife, gather a powerful party to battle an evil entity in the dark forests of the North which has been influencing regional events.
This is the world of Terah, a war between good and evil has been fought for thousands of years now. The recent events in Kirmar and the North are only small battles in the war. There is a dark hand guiding the most recent events in Terah, is the evil entity that Paris and his party are setting out to destroy the true power behind the recent destruction?
Join the grand adventure and enjoy massive battles, espionage, murder, betrayal, lust, and love.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  May 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions