Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

June Reading List

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2012 2:52:28 AM PDT
Gecko129 says:
Authors, lets give a really good reason why readers should buy our books in June!

My reason is that my book Shadowland has just had a major edit by a professional editor to tease out all those final teeny typos. Read Shadowland with the knowledge it is a well edited book:) that will thoroughly entertain!

We grow up with the Legend of King Arthur ... But where did he come from? Who was Merlin? What part did the Druids play in bringing Arthur to his round table? This is the story that came before, when Britain was just a Shadowland.
Shadowland is a story of historical fantasy set in Dark Ages Britain.

`I have lived more years than I can remember, probably more than the sum of all your years combined. Kings have called me friend and brigands have sworn to burn the flesh from my bones even if they have to search all seven halls of the shadowland to find me.'

On the night of midwinter's eve, a storyteller takes his listeners back to the Dark ages and a tale from his youth.

Deserted by its Roman masters, Britain has been invaded by the Saxons at the invitation of Vortigern, traitorous leader of the Britons. Now, as the tribes unite to reclaim their land, one man must rise to lead them and become their true and only king.

Shadowland

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:45:08 AM PDT
Travelman says:
Great action/adventure books set in West Africa during the turbulent sixties, including the memoir. (In Kindle and Paperback, except the novellas and The Mine, which are only in Kindle)
The Up-Country Man Memoir. 180,000 words. A personal account of the first one hundred days inside secessionist Biafra. Great reviews.
Tribal Gathering Eight not-so-short stories about all the human frailties. 104,000 words.
The Last Bature(Batuuree) Fiction. 102,000 words. The last white police officer in a failing ex-British colony tries to avert a catastrophe. Good review.

My latest book The Mine Fiction. 110,000 words. A political thriller and adventure story set in a background of secession, civil war and breathtaking corruption.

The following Novellas are extracted from Tribal Gathering as tasters at 99c each.
Boom Town 21,000 words. A man steals a fortune under cover of war.
Hot Metal 16,000 words. Strange happenings in the forest.
Juju-Men 14,000 words. Delivering a parcel to the Freemasons' Lodge brings death and destruction to the region.
Click on my profile (Travelman) to find my website for more info.
Ken Ryeland

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:58:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 5, 2014 7:04:45 PM PDT]

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:06:01 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 5, 2014 7:04:36 PM PDT]

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:39:34 AM PDT
NEW NEW NEW.
The Dancing Boy
When Tom Gillet returned to Afghanistan to search for the boy who saved his life, he was already aware that the boy had been sold into child sexual slavery. What happened next is stunning.
This is not a story about war, it is a story because of war.

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:31:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 29, 2014 4:56:48 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 6:35:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 29, 2014 4:56:58 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 6:39:42 AM PDT
Gaspar The Thief

By British author, David A. Lindsay, Gaspar The Thief is a fast-paced, humorous, fantasy adventure involving thieves, brigands, sell-swords, goblins, scheming mages, and even a tricksy wight.

Visit the new website at www.highland.co.uk and 'Like' or Google =1 it if you like what you see!

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 6:49:20 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
In Arabella Abides, award-winning writer Ian Fraser combines romance, history, fantasy, adventure, and a taste for mind-bending philosophical speculation in the tradition of Philip K Dick, Umberto Eco, and Haruki Murakami.

At the end of the 19th century, a young heir of a famous Cooking Guild, Arabella, is trying to escape from a menacing castle in the Carpathian mountains and her impending arranged marriage to a sinister Count.

In a parallel universe, another young Arabella, a product of a dystopian society, awakens from hyper-sleep aboard a starship headed toward an unknown destination.

Arabella Abides is a literary puzzle that slowly takes shape through multiple storylines and over hundreds of years, bringing the two heroines together. Wild as a video game, this is an adventure on an epic scale.

The book is available in three separate parts, or as one gigantic read.

Arabella Abides (Book One) Arabella Abides (Book Two) Arabella Abides (Book Three)
or Arabella Abides (The Complete Trilogy)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 6:49:47 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-
An anarchist epic: From Hell

"clever and funny - and very well edited." "I enjoyed the hell out of this book!"
"A Brilliant read" "A monster of a book...Those who like Tolkien will love it..."

'In a future Land, an insane adventure is taking place. When the Queen botches a magic spell, Beezle, a cheerful demon is dispatched from Hell to collect her soul. Instead he falls in love with her daughter. Beezle relinquishes his magical powers, disguises himself as a woman, and sets out to catch the Princess. But can he survive without his magic in a country ravaged by violence and on the brink of war? And what will he do without his favorite wobbly bits?'

From Hell
Something outrageous this way comes...

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 10:47:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 8:33:30 AM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post, and thanks readers for using your valuable time to read about my novels and short stories.

FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND ADULTS

THE CURSE - Hopefully, you'll want to curl up in your favorite chair and treat yourself to a year in Karla's chaotic world after reading the first three chapters on Amazon by typing in THE CURSE by Carol Thigpen Moore. Adding my name will save you time since so many people use the word "curse" in their titles. Thank you.

An insightful book about forbidden first love, living with bipolar, and dealing with prejudice, this novel derives its title from Karla's struggles with manic depression now renamed bipolar. In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with fearful dreams, first love, and Christian faith. She has always detested prejudice in others, but discovers a family secret that teaches her that she is also prejudiced. If you like realistic fiction, you should enjoy this story with its 1963 setting. I experienced most of the dreams, the visits from the unseen world, the voices that wanted me dead, and the failed attempted suicide. While this is true, the plot is totally fictitious. This is a rewrite of my self-published book THEY CRIED which won first place in the North Carolina Press Club novel division and second place in national competition in 1991. The rewrite has a stronger Christian slant and the reader learns what happens between Chet and Karla. Kindle price $4.99.

HANNAH'S QUEST FOR LOVE - "Why doesn't Papa love me?" is the question that screams from Hannah's soul.

Hannah, a Jewish maiden, wants one thing in life, her father's love. She has one hope. If God chooses her to be the virgin to bring forth his son, she's sure her papa will love her. This book paints a picture of life in ancient Israel when God, who had not communicated with His chosen people for over 400 years, sends John the Baptist and Jesus to reach out to the Israelite people once again. Enjoy this time in history through Hannah's eyes. On Kindle this approximately 67,500 word count novel is $3.99. You can read into the third chapter on Amazon for free.

FOR CHILDREN

HEAVEN-BOUND OR HELL-BOUND? (THE ZON TWINS) - Don't let the title fool you. There's humor in these nine short stories even though they are about the vital truth that Christ within us is salvation.

As we know, rivalry between peers often runs deep, especially between twins. The rivalry between nine-year-old twins Rosie and Josie Zon intensifies after Rosie accepts Jesus Christ as Savior. The bickering between the twins will delight young readers and at the same time introduce them to the concept that Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. Though written for juvenile readers, adults in my church are saying they could hardly wait to get to the end of these short stories to see if Josie ever became a Christian. The short stories averages about 1550 words each. Kindle price $2.99.

TIME IS TICKING - Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

If you want to instill character building traits in children, I think these fables will help. When writing fables, bunnies can be handicapped and sad, but learn perseverance. Squirrels can stop being miserable after exercising courage. Beavers can have a hard time using good judgment, and monkeys can tell so many lies, they can endanger their families. The other stories that teach character building are about kindness, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, and working together. Time is ticking because if children fail to learn good character traits early in life, when young thy may walk on your toes; when older they may walk on your heart. My daughter Gina Langston, a teacher, helped me with these short stories. Kindle price $ 2.99.

DEVOTIONS FOR LITTLE ONES - Illustrator Frances A. Wainwright

THE CREATION (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

The creation story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses is based on the Bible. The first drawing with the verse is the illustrators imagination of each creation day. The second illustration to each days creation shows little ones relating to God's day of creation. We start and end each of the four books in the series the same way since repetition is important to little ones. It is our sincere belief that the four books in this series will give your toddles or little ones a head start to knowing the God of the Universe, our Heavenly Father. Kindle price $2.99

GOD'S WAYS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

This story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses in the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series is about God's ways. Using scriptures, we introduce God's characteristics in illustrations that will teach your child that God is kind, good, holy, mysterious, all-powerful, just, wise, ever-present, worthy, truth, eternal, and love. Just imagine how it will benefit your toddler to start learning these fundamental truths now. Frances and I hope they grow up and fall in love with God as we have. Kindle price $2.99.

TEN COMMANDMENTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

Just imagine how much easier raising a child to adulthood would be if they learn and obey the ten commandments from their youth. Writing the ten commandment about adultery was quite a challenge, but I think you will be pleased at the way we handled that commandment. Enjoy the illustrations, rhyming verses, and scripture that tell about the rules God gave to Moses to help man have a happier life on this earth. Kindle price $2.99.

HIS GIFTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

As parents, we know the greatest gift God gave was His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. Using pen and ink and water color, Frances illustrated my rhyming verses about God's other gifts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, wisdom, time, strength, and life. Our hope is the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series will make your little one grow up with the knowledge that he or she is loved by an awesome God. Kindle price $2.99.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:04:07 AM PDT
Devil's Moon - novel
Do Unto Others - novella
Zellwood: A Dog Story - short, short
A Three-Dog Night - three shorts

For dog lovers who also enjoy suspense..:)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:24:59 PM PDT
Blackie Noir says:
Requiem For The Widowmaker

It's June! So, is it gonna be . . . "meet the new month---same as the old month" . . . ? OR, will you be freein up that WILD streak you've repressed for so long?

It's your life, your choice. Play it safe, go with the mundane, OR . . . you could do something exciting, thrilling, even a bit RECKLESS . . . Sky diving. White water rafting. Bunji jumping!
OR, you could get downright . . . DANGEROUS!
Yeah, you got it. You could throw the last vestige of caution to the wind . . . You could read REQUIEM FOR THE WIDOWMAKER.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:26:27 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
The Depths of Deception (16 five-star reviews)

"Intelligent, compelling." "Hauntingly beautiful." "An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

America has disappeared some years ago. A neo-fascist Party has come to power in the UK. China is on the rise. A submarine hurtles through the cold dark waters of the Atlantic en route to an unknown destination. Only the ship's doctor knows its true mission, but he is not who he appears to be.

A sweeping tale moving from the violent heart of Apartheid South Africa, to the ruins of the United Kingdom, and down to the edge of the world in the frozen Antarctic landscape, The Depths of Deception is a tale of revenge, served as a shatteringly cold dish.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:40:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 2:41:05 PM PDT
Take a look into the future of the end of the world through the eyes of a sixteen-year-old girl.

57 five-star reviews and a best seller in Christian fiction!

A heart wrenching story of a young girl who struggles to survive as earth-shattering events lead up to the Apocalypse as foretold in the Bible.

SCARS: An Amazing End-Times Prophecy Novel

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 3:32:43 PM PDT
Jed Fisher says:
The novelette Armor Academy Space Cadet (War for Profit) is available for free now, and it's about graduation day and the day after. June follows the graduation season closely, so the story is timely.

Enjoy!

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 8:20:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 29, 2014 4:57:03 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 10:23:26 PM PDT
Gecko129 says:
Shadowland
The ultimate buddy road trip as two boys set out on a journey pursued by a Saxon warrior and change the course of a nation.
The year is 432AD and this is dark ages Britain.

Professionally edited with great reviews.
Welcome to the Shadowland

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 11:35:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 11:36:29 AM PDT
SIRIUS says:
Summer solstice is approaching -- find out more about it. Read more. Be more.
( thanks, PBS !)

BENDING THE BOYNE: A novel of ancient Ireland

An ancient gold rush, and loyalty faces off against greed --

Myth and bang-on archaeology combine in this award-winning* fiction. See product page for excellent trade and reader reviews.
*Winner, historical fiction, Next Generation Awards 2011. Finalist, Foreword Book Of The Year Awards.

350 quality pages, print and via Kindle/apps/Nook.

Top 100 paid sales lists since February.
#5 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > History > Europe > Ireland

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:59:07 AM PDT
Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles) - 99 cents
With more than 20,000 copies sold for Kindle worldwide, this is a summer must-read. When tall, dark, and mysterious Chaseyn Lear arrives in the small town of Evergreen, Colorado, high school senior Lia Jameson's life is turned upside-down. An unexpected twist of fate unravels a long-time family curse that puts Lia in the center of a supernatural drama and threatens her life.

Wanderlust (The Cordelia Chronicles) - $2.99
Lia Jameson is excited to embark on the journey of a lifetime with her best friend, Addie, and the jock who's out to make her his own, Eli. There's just one catch. Alexei is no longer the only vampire eager to get his fangs on her. With Chaseyn out of the picture, Lia must try to keep Addie in the dark about her dangerous secret, while a bevy of new undead allies make every effort to help Lia journey across the European continent unscathed. Will she escape the evil clutches of Alexei? Will she return to Chaseyn? All of these answers and more can be found in the pages of Wanderlust.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:16:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 8:17:41 AM PDT
The Scorpion
10 of 11 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Close Call or Calamity, 3 May 2012
By Arthur J. Levine "Author" - Published on Amazon.com
This review is from: The Scorpion (Kindle Edition)
James Anderson skillfully weaves a number of sub plots and characters together to make his new novel Scorpion a fitting companion to Deadline. A newspaper reporter and an intelligence officer form a liaison that unwittingly may undermine a sinister plot by the Scorpion and his terrorist buddies to kill millions of people in Canada and the US. I'm not going to tell you what happens, but it's a real cliff hanger with a background setting of murder and mayhem and one of the most elite weddings of the year in a sky high tower that just itches to be blown up.

James brings to this spell binding novel the pinpoint accuracy of a died in the wool newspaperman with great attention to detail and character development. The Scorpion is the type of Character you will love to hate. This well written book is pure entertainment and a great read. Easily deserves five stars. James A. Anderson has done it again.

Arthur Levine

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:33:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 2:00:23 PM PDT
Hi!
My name is Lina Tyuliep.I would like to introduce some paperback that is called a booklet not a book. Actually, there are two booklets with the identical title "Cornucopia of my..." in the series. They could be used in the time when you are not disposed to read to learn something new but are more willing to reflect on something or put your thoughts on paper for further rereading or refreshing of your memory.
Buy this booklet in June to start your summer with it.
Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ALina+Tyuliep%2Cn%3A%211000%2Cn%3A4736&bbn=1000&sort=relevancerank&ie=UTF8&qid=1340136488&rnid=1000

With warm regards,
Lina Tyuliep

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 1:54:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 1:55:15 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
In Arabella Abides, award-winning writer Ian Fraser combines romance, history, fantasy, adventure, and a taste for mind-bending philosophical speculation in the tradition of Philip K Dick, Umberto Eco, and Haruki Murakami.

At the end of the 19th century, a young heir of a famous Cooking Guild, Arabella, is trying to escape from a menacing castle in the Carpathian mountains and her impending arranged marriage to a sinister Count.

In a parallel universe, another young Arabella, a product of a dystopian society, awakens from hyper-sleep aboard a starship headed toward an unknown destination.

Arabella Abides is a literary puzzle that slowly takes shape through multiple storylines and over hundreds of years, bringing the two heroines together. Wild as a video game, this is an adventure on an epic scale.

The book is available in three separate parts, or as one gigantic read.

Arabella Abides (Book One) Arabella Abides (Book Two) Arabella Abides (Book Three)
or Arabella Abides (The Complete Trilogy)

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 3:22:41 PM PDT
lisa says:
Blue smoke and madness: that is what Alex finds when a being only she can see, touch and hear enters her life.

Clive is a demon. Not figuratively, but literally - a real life demon complete with red cat-suit and velvet horns. Initially playful and fun, Clive directs Alex's life deeper and deeper into darkness, despair and death. Is Clive real or is he just inside Alex's head?

"I found it very hard to categorise this novel. It is made up of a large helping of chick-lit, some humour, some dark fantasy and some downright scary horror. Lisa's writing style is very easy to read without using over-complex words or overusing the thesaurus - and overall she delivers a very rewarding story that I should point out is rather graphic in some places. The story really did keep me turning the pages right up until the end." - Shaun Horrigan, UK AMAZON VINE VOICE and TOP 50 REVIEWER

My Demon - currently reduced to 99c by Amazon and available on Amazon Prime.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 4:09:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 4:11:11 PM PDT
Jersey Boy says:
Published on the Kindle in June, '2012 and the second in the Camilla Swenson amateur sleuth series @ $2.99 per download. AND BABY MAKES THREE has Camilla (intrepid social worker) at it again, helping one of her clients make their world right again, after some "huffing and puffing, of course." If you missed her in the first offering, check out A CASE IN PRINCIPLE @ $2.99 per download where Camilla fights the elitism of justice concerning the memory of one of her clients.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  May 31, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions