Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Promote Romance Indie Novels Here!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 148 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2012 2:33:12 AM PST
Feel free to promote Indie Romance novels here, and do feel free to join the indie group at: http://www.romanticfiction.org/

Romantic Fiction Online will launch with new magazine 2012 inclusive book reviews.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:43:41 AM PST
The millionaire falls hard
On free promotion last weekend, this received an amazing response. Thank you for all the support. Now, it's just $3 or free to borrow if you're a PRIME customer. Grab a comfy chair, a glass of your favourite tipple and this STEAMY ROMANCE. Bliss!

Teaser - Jake and Carrie both thought they were single for ever even though Carrie did dream of meeting someone who loved her she never seriously thought that would happen. Along comes Jake. He fights his feelings and Carrie doesn't trust hers. It takes a while but eventually they can no longer deny the passion. But can it last?

I'm Sarah and getting this novel published only took 3 years but I'm determined the next one will be out by the summer!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 7:33:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2013 11:18:43 AM PDT
ANN SELF says:
ROMANTIC MYSTERY/THRILLER series of three large ebooks (over 100,00 words each) that will pull you into an isolated universe on the lavish Springhill Estate in New England. Stone mansion, huge gothic barn, high-dollar showhorses and a myriad of larger-than-life characters. What could go wrong here? Jump in and find out.

Jane Husted tries to shake off her impoverished background, reinvent her tattered image, and make it as a show-rider on Springhill Estate. A man from her past shows up as an investor in the estate's imported European showhorses, a man far out of her reach, and a man who could expose her early life on welfare. Jane has to juggle her career, her old history, and now a new threat. The estate has an assortment of characters from well-heeled elite to just plain working stiffs cleaning stalls and grooming pricey horses. One of them is a killer. One of them means her harm.

Excerpt from book # 1 SOMETHING MOST DEADLY (nine, five-star reviews):

Brian Canaday led a wolf-pack of impatient drivers winding through a path of jersey barriers, finally screeching to a stop at the last traffic light before an on-ramp to the overhead Central Artery. His Mercedes SUV was breathing down on the only car left in front of him; a rusting clunker that kept him from making the light.
He glanced up at the elevated expressway that was his ticket to freedom, the path out of Boston's `Big Dig' construction mess. It was so close, only thirty feet above, and he watched the streaming cars. He should be up there now, moving at that speed instead of sitting motionless.
Brian scowled at the heap blocking his way. He suddenly realized it was the same junker Buick in line at the parking garage, still emitting its perfume of burning oil. He sighed, raising windows again and shutting air vents. Being a hideous shade of orange was the least of the old car's problems. The muffler was shot, the engine was running rough and shaking the frame, the body listed to one side, and the rear end and side panels were completely plastered with dried mud, as if the car had fought its way out of a sinkhole. A bumper sticker pasted on the back window read: HONK IF SOMETHING FALLS OFF.
He snorted a half-laugh in agreement, then growled in mounting irritation, "That old beater will die where it stands, and I'll get boxed in behind it..." He glanced at his watch, then studied the driver. Female. All he could see was long dark hair, wispy bangs and the whites of her eyes in her rearview mirror. She was staring at him wide-eyed, and for a moment their eyes locked. He thought she looked shocked.
"Dammit..." The light flashed green and she was still staring back at him. Boston drivers behind them were in a rage in seconds and honked loudly, the mismatched pitch of their horns ringing in his ears.
"What in hell is your problem?" he yelled and pointed at the light. He was about to honk himself, but the aging wreck lurched from its spot, crop-dusting a path with white smoke as it careened through the intersection under the expressway, bucking over every lump in the road like an old baby carriage. It banked left, still rocking on its springs, and climbed the uphill on-ramp on the far side as Brian and his impatient wolf-pack followed. The speed was erratic, as if the woman had lost focus, and cars accessing the ramp jammed up behind it.
"LONG PEDAL ON THE RIGHT!" Brian yelled at her, gunning the 349 horsepower V8 engine and yanking his Mercedes around the rust-bucket, trying not to get grazed by oncoming traffic. He wanted to flash her a where-are-your-brains look as he, and all the other cars with their comments and gestures, roared by, but she let a curtain of dark hair slide forward, hiding her profile. Brian thought he'd hide his face too if he drove that badly.
The artery shifted quickly to downhill as it fed cars the into an already existing half-mile tunnel under Boston Harbor, and Brian and his wake of road-rage drivers blended expertly with heavy traffic, gaining the middle lane after leaving the old Buick in the dust.
Long black hair nagged at his mind for attention, but faded as he wrestled with three lanes of speeding cars racing for the mouth of the tunnel.

SOMETHING MOST DEADLY , SOMETHING VERY GHOSTLY , and SOMETHING MOST EVIL .

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 10:58:26 AM PDT
Souvenirs (Inspirational Romantic Suspense)

Anna LaBonte has been accused of murder. The only person who believes in her innocence is her mysterious neighbor, Brent Stirling. But with his scars and secrets, his friendship with the investigating officer, Anna wonders if she can trust him at all.
But she has no choice when the killer wants her dead.
Only $3.99

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 12:40:25 PM PDT
Affairs of the Heart
In "A Love In Time of War" first they faced the war... the love followed later. Peace was somewhere in between. One day he could have killed her on the other side of the front, on the next day he fell in love and what would happen in the day after it? All efforts to remain enemies appeared to be in vain. The borderline between their ability to hate or to love appeared a thin one.
The war became past, the past became history and through the years only love is still alive in a very beautiful tale to remember.
In "The Last Secrets of The Ancient Island" series of mishaps in an old town casts suspicion on a number of residents, provoking changes in an adopted practice of the underground world of relics. Ralph, a young graduate of a university proves the last mysteries of ancient National Park sites are yet unexplored by historians and archaeologists and discovers the personal secret of his older brother Michael. An unknown driver has a tragic motivation to take his life and that of another.
We were born alone, we die alone, but life is our chance to live in love.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 1:34:09 PM PDT
Luanne white says:
Thief of Innocence 11,000 word count, 394 pages. On the steamy side with all the ingredients for a darn good read. The reviews from readers are just beginning.

Defying social convention in 1960, Laura marries before finishing high school. After graduation, she sets out to fulfill her dreams and discovers the depths and challenges of love, honor and treachery. She joins her husband, a navy seaman, and begins sailing the course of her life.

Laura's journey into womanhood propels her into the company of military families and personnel representing the poor and the privileged, adversity and chaos. Living in a trailer park in shantytown next to a military base, she is subjected to the rawness that encircles her and her family and struggles to conquer its adversities while finding humor and love in its lighter side.

North meets South and cultural differences clash. Surrounded in a maelstrom of hardship mixed with joy, Laura's naiveté fades against startling encounters in navy and civilian countercultures.

Her moral upbringing is challenged when a mob member offers to eliminate a cruel member of her family to protect her children. Will she be driven to murder?

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 12:07:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 11:01:45 AM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post.

THE CURSE - Hopefully, you will want to curl up in your favorite chair and treat yourself to a year in Karla's chaotic world.

An insightful book about forbidden first love, living with bipolar, and dealing with prejudice, this novel derives its title from Karla's struggles with manic depression now renamed bipolar. In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with fearful dreams, first love, and Christian faith. She has always detested prejudice in others, but discovers a family secret that teaches her that she is also prejudiced. If you like realistic fiction, you should enjoy this story with its 1963 setting. I experienced most of the dreams, the visits from the unseen world, the voices that wanted me dead, and the failed attempted suicide. While this is true, the plot is totally fictitious. This is a rewrite of my self-published book THEY CRIED which won first place in the North Carolina Press Club novel division and second place in national competition in 1991. The rewrite has a stronger Christian slant and the reader learns what happens between Chet Ingram and Karla Stevens. Kindle price $4.99.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 12:39:30 PM PDT
My Hometown Named Love
Hi, I've just published a collection of twenty short stories about love, more of quiet and melancholic side than pink bubble romance. Still bringing the feelings on surface, even heavily. Stories happen in UK, USA, Ireland, Finland, France, Italy. Some could happen universally anywhere.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 6:41:34 AM PDT
ALL MY TOMORROWS contemporary romance novella

Christi is a romance writer struggling over a love scene in her latest novel. Since her painful divorce she's been unable to summon the passion from within to give her stories their needed sensual spark. Afraid to trust the emotions that led her astray, she finds a bit of solace at the little beach cottage on Long Island's south shore that was left to her in the divorce settlement, and is understandably wary when her ex-husband's brother shows up out of the blue to claim the cottage. But is it really the cottage he wants, or something else, something she is even more reluctant to part with?

Attracted to the lovely romance writer, Wade doesn't trust his instincts and judgments after returning from war-torn Iraq where his work as a private security contractor led to a terrible betrayal. He doesn't want the beach house, but he does want Christi. The only problem is convincing Christi of his sincerity and himself that his feeling can be trusted.

Can these two lonely and scarred people learn to trust again? And when the road to trust leads to love, can all the tomorrows be far behind?

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 7:49:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 7, 2012 10:37:28 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 5:50:07 AM PDT
My Temporary Life

Quite simply, this is just a very, very good book...

Over 60-5 Star Reviews!
Over 84,000 Downloads!
#1 Most Downloaded eBook in North America Feb. 12!
Top 10 Overall!

MY TEMPORARY LIFE

"One of the best books I've ever read. I loved the characters because they seemed so real. This is a wonderful book!"
Lori L. Grubbs (Arkansas)
"What a great beauty of art. Solid, fascinating literary work. My Temporary Life by Martin Crosbie is a masterpiece. A well-thought out work conveyed by excellent writing, fantastic portrayal of the characters. I can read this over and over again."
mantracker

My Temporary Life-Book One of the My Temporary Life Trilogy

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:26:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 10:34:30 AM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post, and thanks readers for using your valuable time to read about my novel.

THE CURSE was WRITTEN FOR YOUNG ADULTS, but it's a good read for adults, especially those who were teenagers in the 1950's and 1960's. Hopefully, you'll want to curl up in your favorite chair and treat yourself to a year in Karla's chaotic world after reading the first three chapters on Amazon by typing in THE CURSE by Carol Thigpen Moore. Adding my name will save you time since so many people use the word "curse" in their titles. THE CURSE is an insightful book about forbidden first love, living with bipolar, and dealing with prejudice. This novel derives its title from Karla's battles with depression. In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with fearful dreams, first love, and Christian faith. She has always detested prejudice in others, but discovers a family secret that teaches her that she is also prejudiced. If you like realistic fiction, you should enjoy this story with its 1963 setting.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 2:48:31 PM PDT
kjk says:
Sleight Of Hand, A Romantic Suspense (Stolen Hearts) 2.99

New 4 star review from Redheads Review It Better - http://bit.ly/HyVWgR "Calculating, sexy, mysterious, and protective, Chance throws off 'bang me now' like you wouldn't believe."

Suddenly suspected of stealing half a million dollars of original paintings, Chance Spencer can't afford to have the FBI delve too closely into his covert past. When one agent in particular endeavors to put him behind bars, Chance coerces the real thief's daughter, Sarah O'Sullivan, into helping him flush her wily father out of hiding. Both want him found. Sarah, to warn her father of Chance's intent to turn him over to the FBI. Chance, to hopefully catch the thief red-handed. To succeed in capturing his shady business partner, Chance must keep Sarah close to him, but his plan quickly deteriorates when the stakes for his freedom soar. How can he ruthlessly use the woman he's falling in love with?

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 6:21:16 AM PDT
I'm pleased to say my paranormal romance The Shadows of Night (Kindred) is now available on Kindle!

In a world of shapeshifters, the Antler Kindred have lived a peaceful, quiet existence for centuries. But when Lord Hart rescues a strange woman from certain death, his life turns upside down. Katara is a proud, fierce member of the Claw Kindred, and she believes the Antler-- and Hart-- to be cowardly leaf eaters, while Hart sees her as a primitive barbarian.

But despite their differences, she and Hart find themselves drawn together as they contend with a deadly threat to both their Kindred. Before long, they're in the battle of a lifetime... fighting not to fall in love.

This novella has been previously published.

As always, thanks for taking a look!

Ellen Fisher

Posted on May 25, 2012 1:25:07 PM PDT
LEGALLY YOURS (Book 1 in the Lawyers in Love series) by Manda Collins

"This was 80 pages of pure fun and sexy m/f hotness...This story reminded me of some of my favorite contemporary romance authors (Toni Blake, Eric McCarthy, Jill Shalvis...) Cheeky humor, hot sex, quirky but very likable characters." --from KarLynP's 5 star review

When Julie Streeter dropped out of law school to care for her little sister, one of the things she missed most was her crush-worthy classmate, Matt Ellis. Now, he's visiting the firm where she works as a paralegal and is just as sexy now as he was then.

Matt Ellis never expected to run into Julie again--certainly not at the law firm where he's been sent to investigate leaks to the opposing team. When he finds the list of things she'd like to try before her thirtieth birthday, very sexy things, on the office copier he offers to be her list buddy while he's in town. And to his surprise, Julie agrees.

Will their mind-blowing chemistry lead to more than just a fling, or could what started out as a crush turn into something neither one of them expected?

Legally Yours (Lawyers in Love)

$0.99 on Kindle

Posted on May 26, 2012 9:23:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 26, 2012 1:15:32 PM PDT]

Posted on May 26, 2012 11:33:28 AM PDT
Saving Rachel by C.J. Moran is a somewhat unconventional romance set around the Second World War.

"Ted McDowell is a foreign correspondent whose former love for the German capital has turned sour since he has seen what the Nazis have done to it. One day, he treats a half-starved Jewish woman to lunch. He little realizes that this small act of kindness will change his life beyond recognition."

Posted on May 26, 2012 11:48:41 AM PDT
RK says:
Wings Of Freedom, historical romance; Ten reviews (six 5 star and four 4 star) from across the globe (USA, UK, Europe, Australia)

Stop by to have a look at the excerpts from a recent review on amazon.co.uk:
---Historical fiction/romance, By TopCat "TC" (Devon)
"Wings of Freedom is at heart a historical romance. That is slightly outside the genres I usually read but the blurb promised an Indian setting with a backdrop of British Colonialism, a revolution and World War I which made it very appealing."
"I wasn't entirely sure whether the balance between romance and historical fiction would be to my liking but I discovered a book I really enjoyed."
"I really liked this book..."

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:46:47 AM PDT
Elena Greene says:
Hello. I'm currently celebrating over 100,000 ebooks sold!

Here is my current list of titles, all Regency romance but varying in length and sensuality. If you have strong preferences for having the bedroom door closed (or not!) please read the descriptions, because I've done both. :)

My "Three Disgraces" Regency trilogy, all at $2.99
The Incorrigible Lady Catherine (The Three Disgraces)
The Redwyck Charm (The Three Disgraces)
Saving Lord Verwood (The Three Disgraces)

Lady Dearing's Masquerade, originally a Signet Super Regency and Romantic Times' Best Regency Romance of 2005 at $3.99
Lady Dearing's Masquerade

A short, traditional (sweet) Regency novella at $0.99
The Wedding Wager

And a short, erotic Regency novella at $0.99
Lady Em's Indiscretion

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:52:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 5:52:22 AM PDT
Rain Trueax says:
Second Chance contemporary western romance -- $2.99

Judd found his life work in wildlife rehab. Meeting again the woman he's loved since a youth is lousy timing. Someone is out to sabotage his work and life.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 10:41:15 AM PDT
JSGoldstine says:
I Will Keep You Safe
For the past five years, fear and pain were all Senna Morgan knew. Wanting to escape the misery she'd grown accustomed to, Senna took a chance and left her abusive boyfriend to begin living the life she had always dreamed of. What she didn't intend was to lose control of her car in a snowstorm and wake up in the arms of Jake Hansen, a handsome stranger with a temper as short as her ex-boyfriend's and a secret past that haunts his every step. Realizing that she is trapped and once again at the mercy of a man, Senna does the only thing she knows to do. She conforms.

But Senna soon learns that Jake is nothing like the man she is running from. Beneath his gruff, moody demeanor, Jake is kind, gentle, and protective. Jake promises to help keep her ex-boyfriend from finding her as long as Senna promises him one thing in return...to not fall in love with him. The days that follow become as torturous to Senna's heart as the beatings of her past and she discovers that not loving a man like Jake is easier said than done. (Notice: Novel contains explicit love scenes.)

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 10:58:56 AM PDT
Mel Comley says:
My boxed set of romances has been reduced for Easter to only $0.99 instead of $3.99.

A Time For Romance

A Time For Change
Based on a TRUE story.

Danielle Pires's life is going well. She has a boyfriend who wants to marry her and is building a reputation as a talented and hard-working interior designer. Keen to expand her portfolio, Danielle is delighted by a request to breathe life back into the Victorian Mansion that handsome Scott Jordache is renovating.
Her parents, meanwhile, have organised a surprise Caribbean cruise to give her a much-needed break.

Danielle sets sail only to discover Scott aboard the same ship, but mysteriously travelling under a pseudonym. Intrigued, she feels torn between mistrust and being drawn in by his charm.

Should she let herself fall for Scott or return to the security of the man she left at home?
33,000 words.

A Time To Heal.

Family Liaison Officer, Chloe Fullerton is helping hero pilot, Captain Steve Ewing, recuperate from injury after he landed his stricken plane, avoiding a major disaster.
Chloe's sworn off love ever since she lost the love of her life. But the spark between her and Steve makes her feel she may yet love again. There's turbulence ahead though--Steve's ex-wife is determined to wreck his and Chloe's blossoming relationship.

Novella approx 33,000 words.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 11:58:13 AM PDT
~DJ Faz~ says:
Her Fake Romance

"The author's style was pure delight, fun and funky. Modern and very entertaining. I never would have thought that a fake romance could be so funny and emotional at the same time. HJ Top Pick!" ~HarlequinJunkie.com, 5-stars

"Mom, get a life!"

Her teenage daughter's words were daunting. True, struggling single mom Julia Jones hadn't had a date in over a decade, but she could still catch a man-if she needed to! So Julia, who claimed not to want a husband, found herself entangled in a fake romance.

Ryan Shane was tall, dark, and devastatingly handsome. And he just so happened to need a no-strings date himself. Their plan was perfectly thought out. Until a conveniently staged good-night kiss turned into very inconvenient passion...

This book contains bonus material that includes several delicious recipes!

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 12:02:54 PM PDT
Harbour Falls (A Harbour Falls Mystery #1) 99 cents (limited time)

Best-selling author Maddy Fitch, researching material for a new novel, returns to her hometown of Harbour Falls to investigate a disappearance that has haunted the tiny Maine coastal town for the past four years. Maddy soon discovers that the case has gone cold, but the prime suspect, Adam Ward, is hotter than ever. Now living on an isolated island, Maddy takes up residence near the sexy Mr. Ward's home. As she begins to seek out answers, the mystery deepens, putting Maddy in jeopardy.
Lies, secrets, deceptions. Nothing is ever what it seems in Harbour Falls.

A steamy novel that immerses the reader in an intricate storyline that will keep them glued till the very last page. First in a series. Romance/Mystery genre.

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 11:43:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2013 11:43:39 AM PDT
Running to Find Herself (Finding Herself) ($.99)

Beautiful and wealthy, Anabelle Brice has it all. That is until she meets two men that divide her. Will she choose practical or excitement?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  148
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions