Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Genre: A List To Help Readers Find Your Book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2626-2650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 4:59:42 AM PDT
Oldog... I struggle trying to read more than one book at a time. My wife can have as many as 4 or 5 going at a time though. Glad to have you back in the thread!

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:00:17 AM PDT
Has anyone checked if Mike's next book is out yet?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:51:44 AM PDT
buttonfly says:
Hi, everyone! K-a, happy to see you around, and many congrats:)
Just checking in to bump the thread, working on a new project and getting ready for the weekend, when my internet stuff has to shut down. By the end of the week, the family wants some attention (and real food!).
Btw, I've been tweeting this thread, and my stats say that we've got about 50 new people a day looking at it, so that's good.

It's good to be able to check in and see that everyone is ok. Even if I don't get to participate often these days, I love following the conversation!
Have a happy weekend!

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:32:27 AM PDT
Angela Perry says:
Time for an update on Promising Prose! Development is going well. In the last couple weeks, I've finished the book tools, added search functionality, and am working on adding review import functionality.

Sorry I haven't been around the fora much. Work is pushing me to take more overtime again, and if I want to finish the site this year, something has to give. Luckily I'm an introvert and I can survive without socializing for weeks at a time ;)

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:52:14 AM PDT
twinny says:
Does anyone remember me mentioning a new place where we can talk books etc? Well it's up and running! It has been started by Ed Foster as an alternative to Ammy. It is moderated, but open to all who are interested in talking books and generally having fun troll free. Authors are welcome but spam is discouraged, though there is a plan to feature and discuss SP books and feature the books of regular posters. If anyone is interested please email me at the address on my profile page and I will send you the link.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:53:56 AM PDT
Dave T says:
Murder Me by John Meany (A novel. Suspense/thriller.)

Raped while three months pregnant behind the NJ shopping center where she worked, and nearly strangled to death, beautiful talented artist Ashley Ferguson is traumatized. Now, addicted to morphine and alcohol, and living with her retired mother, Ashley becomes suicidal. She buys a gun to feel safe and instead of using the .22 caliber revolver for protection, the ghosts in Ashley's head try to convince her to shoot herself.

Ashley's mother is frantic. How can she get her daughter back on her feet, especially since Ashley refuses to go back into therapy? Not knowing what else to do, Claire Whittaker turns to the handsome caring man that had rescued her daughter the night of the attack. She pleads with Troy Young to go see her daughter, explains how miserable Ashley is.

Troy agrees to help. Could he save Ashley again? Would they fall in love? Or was Ashley Ferguson too far gone, with one foot already in the grave.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:32:32 PM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Bump!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:26:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 10:26:56 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@Twinny - where is it exactly?

I tried to link from goodreads - but it didn't work

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 10:28:48 PM PDT
Just stopping by quickly to bump this back up to the top.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:30:22 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@kindle-A

I meant to ask earlier (my apologies)_

Are you feeling okay after the birth?

People usually ask after the bub and often forget to ask if mum is doing okay - it's exhausting, I know.

Hope you have plenty of support and are enjoying the new edition,

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 4:32:03 AM PDT
SarahMac says:
Morning everyone. Every now and then I wonder if Ammy is doing anything about the suggestions we sent them about making stickies of the genre threads. And then I think...why wonder? I know things take time but I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to they certainly could have done this by now. So instead...
bump

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 6:16:49 AM PDT
Angela... Glad to hear from you. It sounds like you are doing quite well on the web site. I understand the overtime thing for sure. I am working 14 hours a day, 6 days a week for the next 2 weeks to get a design completed before my next vacation. Isn't it horrible that you have to cram 4 weeks worth of work into 2 weeks in order to have 1 week off?!!!! There is just something wrong with that math! ;-(

Good to see you here even if it is just for a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 6:20:58 AM PDT
My thoughts exactly SarahMac! I always get back the same exact email from them every time I send a suggestion. The Zon is bigger than our poor little moa so we must make do with what we have. Until Angela finishes Promising Prose that is. ;-)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 6:23:43 AM PDT
Happy father's day weekend, dads. A week or so 'til book two. Back to it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 7:47:57 AM PDT
Happy father's day to you as well Mike and all the other fathers who may happen by our little moa thread. I'm sure your next book will be my next purchase!

Michael

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:02:55 PM PDT
How about a little afternoon bump for our thread?

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:47:35 PM PDT
Sorry I've been remiss. Life offline intervened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:13:56 PM PDT
No reason to appologize J.D. Life has a way of doing that. I used to post a lot more but circumstances at work have slowed me down to what seems like a snails pace. There are definitely things in life much more important than posting on the Zon forum. Hang in there!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:17:48 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
Hey Mike! How are you doing? Happy daddy's day to you too!

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:46:34 PM PDT
Even though I know the answers, I'm going to ask the questions of the universe anyway:

Why do wonderful reviewers like Sarah Smith and erikalikesfire always hide their contact e-mails? And why haven't they stumbled across my book?

[sigh]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:16:49 AM PDT
JD

so many books, so little time? I have a ton I need to review, not counting the ones I picked up since joining this discussion. I could easily spend a month just reviewing my backlog and i probably should!

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 9:54:52 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Bump!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:04:55 AM PDT
I'm sure that "so many books, so little time" is a big part of it.

I also know that reviewers hide their contact information because they don't want to get spammed by everyone who's published a book, regardless of whether the book is in a genre the reviewer reads. I get that completely.

I'd just love to see some more reviews go up on my book page that are literate, thoughtful, and really helpful to readers looking for books that match their tastes, regardless of the star ranking asociated with the review. I've sent out tons of review copies to people who actually read in the genre, so I know that more reviews will be coming as soon as people finish reading the book and writing their reviews - I just need to be patient - but nothing says I have to *like* being patient.

This whole wistful longing over erikalikesfire and Sarah Smith was triggered by the Anthony Ryan "test" thread over in the Fantasy forum, BTW. I read reviews like those and just go green with envy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:19:27 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Hey J.D. --

While you're waiting, if you WRITE some reviews they really dress up all the white space on your profile page. They don't have to be book reviews. You can review music or any product that you bought at Amazon: appliances, tools, household products, anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 10:22:15 AM PDT
Thanks for the tip!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  221
Total posts:  6459
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2012
Latest post:  20 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions