Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Proudly Promote Your Books Here!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2726-2750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:10:08 AM PDT
Bella Marie says:
New explicit adult erotic book FREE today only! Check it out...

More Time Well Spent

Hello Readers! How about some exciting sexually explicit stories to spark the imagination? This book was written after listening to my fans; combining the style of the first book I published, Time Well Spent - The Complete Collection with its intense sexual situations along with Jennifer's New Adventures and its more in-depth story line. It has made the stories more interesting I think. This book has 5 stories in it with a lot of sexual fun throughout all of the stories.

WARNING: ADULTS ONLY! EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT NOT INTENDED FOR MINORS.

Happy Reading!!!
Bella Marie

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 10:55:00 AM PDT
I'm going to promote Therese Stenzel's novel, a book that I absolutely love. The title of the book is Blue Africa. It's a Christian Historical Romance, and it is FREE today!! Here's a short blurb:

A beleaguered knight is determined to save his family by successfully leading the African expedition for the rare blue butterfly so that the Queen will accept his betrothal with the princess. But all of his plans are threatened when he is attracted to an unusual, headstrong woman who is impersonating her brother.

Think of the movie Out of Africa with a happy ending!

Blue Africa (British Missives series Book 1)

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 11:45:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 1, 2012 10:17:40 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 11:52:15 AM PDT
Roll Call, A SHOCKING True Prison Story ( Prison Killers ) Available in print or kindle. Written by a former prisoner, 20 Five star reviews, "Whacks you aside the head with the force of a baseball bat. Langohr's incredible description of his fight for survival in prison has 'screenplay' written all over it." John South, American Media

Roll Call is a story with a cast of characters that include Mexican drug cartels, southern California street gangs and Hell's Angels all fighting for their piece of the drug culture. In the middle of it all, B.J. is hell bent for destruction until he realizes his destiny in the nick of time.

Add a good detective squeezed out of the loop by an overzealous narcotic detective; a robust prison union trying to call the shots; a handful of drug criminals trying to find their conscience and you have the perfect recipe for a revolutionary uprising, bound by blood, all leaving the reader wondering, who are the real criminals?

Race Riot (Prison Killers- Book 1) A prison thriller novella with a redemptive theme, 20 Five star reviews, just .99 cents with kindle and available in audio book.

UNDERDOG (Prison Killers- Book 4) A prison thriller novella with 24 Five star reviews, 2.99 with kindle and available in audio book.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 12:26:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2012 2:45:22 PM PDT
Gardening season is here!

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

5 star reviewer comment:
* 5 star reviewer comment:
*I love this book! It has practical advice about gardening. Whether you decide to buy seeds or plants, the information you need is in this book. It is obvious that Ms. Jackson is an avid gardener with lots of experience. If you are looking for some practical gardening advice- buy this book!

PRACTICAL GARDENING consists of 19 previously published articles (21,500 words) that offer workable solutions for garden problems; all advice is based on several decades of personal experience. Because pictures embedded with text on Kindle are black and white (gray scale, actually) I have uploaded a selection of photographs of my gardens that may be accessed by clicking on the above link, then clicking on See All 22 Customer Images which is located just below the PRACTICAL GARDENING cover image.

Purchasers may request photographs of other items such as seeding beds, tools, and/or specific plants mentioned in PG by leaving a comment on my Author Central Page.

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Perennials
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Bulbs
#9 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 12:58:23 PM PDT
Greetings everyone. For a look at all my books, reviews, trailers, etc. it's easy to take a peek at my website: http://barbaraebel.weebly.com. Otherwise, here are some blurbs:

"Best Selling Books for 2012 - Medical Mystery - per PR Buzz - Press Release Wire

Chicago, IL (PRBuzz) July 10, 2012 -- Best Selling Books' blog today announced its top ten list of medical mystery novels. The annual list derives its roster of bestsellers from a number of sources that include Amazon and Goodreads.com. Readers' ratings, reviews, and title sales data are used to formulate a blended score that creates each book's final rank."
After the first bestseller, Operation Neurosurgeon: You never know ... who's in the OR was listed as the top finalist.
~~~~~~~~~~

Outcome, A Novel: There's more than a hurricane coming ...

Hurricane Ivan roars into the Gulf of Mexico as Karen Puno and her dog scramble to evacuate a barrier island and a teacher with liver disease is placed on an transplant list. But fate is not always kind. It's not the hurricane which causes Karen's coma and subsequent organ donation. Nor is it responsible for her battered dog who escapes the crushed metal pile into the blowing sand and gusty wind.
~~~~~~~~

Tired of the same old health tips? You won't find them here! Younger Next Decade.

If you're over 50, take charge of a younger future now and get advice from a credible source. Enjoy these fourteen informative and fun chapters which include topics such as diet, exercise, and disorders; and dogs, spirit, and productivity.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:30:52 PM PDT
Biker Babs says:
Split Sense suspense/thriller $3.99

A company's dark secret...

When a senator and pharmaceutical giant partner to experiment with a new drug on pregnant women, they tap into a world they never knew existed - the supernatural touching the natural - and it will cost the innocent more than they know.

Twins separated at birth through parallel forces of good and evil...

When Steven Howard and his wife are given the opportunity to adopt one of the test subjects from the secret Sensiline Project, he doesn't fully understand the danger or how far the company is willing to go to unleash and control the baby's potential gifts. He only knows that his love for and need to protect his new son, now trumps his loyalty to the company.

Zander Howard has been able to hear the thoughts of those around him for as long as he can remember. Sometimes he is overwhelmed with feelings of anger, joy, or fear that is not his own. He tastes words, feels sounds, is surrounded with voices in the dark of night. He is Howard Pharmaceutical's prize guinea pig. He wishes to be free of the company and their mind games, but his father is caught up in their web of deceit and can't bring the Company down without destroying his family in the process...until he discovers he has a twin sister.

Together nothing will stop them.
####

Winner for Speculative fiction in The 2011 Grace Awards!! Split Sense
See what the Judges said:

"At the risk of sounding cliché, one awesome read! This speculative thriller is full of action, intrigue and a touch of science fiction. Ms. Brink draws the reader in almost immediately and the surprises keep coming, right up to the very end. If you're not a speculative fan already, you will be after reading SPLIT SENSE. It's well written on every level and deserves its place in the `Grace Awards' winner's circle."
~~~Judges: Tracy Krauss (Team Leader), April W. Gardner, Randy Streu

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 6:38:02 AM PDT
Detour to Dusk

over 18 4 and 5 star reviews!
This book was a real page turner.I love the way the author tells the stories of all the sets of characters and then intertwines them together.You get a reall feel of the characters and a real understanding of all sides of the story.This story is unique and captivating.Although I do want to note that I thought that the book may be to gory for me by the very descriptive first 2 pages ,but after that I completely fell in love with this book and couldn't put it down.I understand that these images were there a much needed insight to the total disreguard for these people from the ones who done it.So I would not change this and am glad that I pushed past it to finish this book that had me hooked from beginning to end.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 11:00:28 AM PDT
Free for three days, my first boxed set. Mark Edward Hall Library, Vol. 1 (Boxed Set). More than two hundred thousand words of action, mystery and horror. Hope you check it out.

Mark Edward Hall

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 11:56:31 AM PDT
Neil Ostroff says:
Today is your last chance to meet the degenerates for FREE!

DEGENERATES tells the downward spiral and interlocking stories of an alcoholic writer, a self-destructive teen, a burnt-out waitress, an abused young wife, a good-natured cook, a tormented serial killer, and a cop unwittingly assigned to stop him. Marred with addictions, poverty, and personal loss, each degenerate overcomes incredible obstacles and finds his or her own salvation working in a restaurant named City Café. They form new friendships and relationships, and in a short time turn their lives around - until Tommy Fielding is hired. Seeming innocent at first, Tommy is a schizophrenic who believes murder will ensure for him an existence of perfect happiness. What happens next places the group in grave danger and leads them into a horror that will change everything they have achieved.
Degenerates
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007FFN5LY

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:57:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 21, 2013 1:46:38 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:28:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 30, 2012 12:32:50 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:13:52 PM PDT
DEADLINE

The Scorpion

Two newspaper thrillers. Go behind the headlines for murder, action and romance!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:33:37 PM PDT
Alan Jones says:
The fresh tracks in the melting snow drift stopped us cold. They told us that we were pushing a pair of mountain lions up the ridge. They undoubtedly knew we were there and were staying just ahead of us, but out of sight.
It all started one beautiful warm spring day when a friend and I decided the day was simply too nice to spend inside a high school classroom. We decided to ditch school and climb Mount Baldy instead! Mount Baldy is the prominent peak in the Bridger Range which extends north from the outskirts of Bozeman, Montana. The sun was on the downhill side of the sky when we saw the tracks and after an extremely short discussion we used that as an excuse to start back down the mountain. Although we never saw them we knew that those lions followed us all the way down until we reached civilization. We could feel them! Telepathy! Don't believe it? How about a crowded room and you feel someone staring at you?

Read about more close encounters in Frontier Challenge

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:38:19 PM PDT
Looking for some 99 cents novels you can curl up with and enjoy? Well, here is one, written by T. Jackson King, a professional author of science fiction, fantasy and poetry for 25 years.
Star Vigilante My science fiction combat novel STAR VIGILANTE explores the theme of Robin Hood In Space, along with a crossbreed romance and a galactic future where humans are the New Kids On The Block in a galactic culture packed with space going aliens. Unfortunately, it is a culture of no law and no justice. For justice you hire a Vigilante, preferably one with a Dreadnought-class starship

Story: Matt Dragoneaux is an interstellar hired gun who follows the Code of the Vigilante: track `em, strike `em, and be elsewhere when the Anarchate battleglobe shows up. And with the aid of the self-aware starship Mata Hari, he's been successful in bringing a small bit of justice to the alien star culture of the Anarchate. But then a crossbreed woman hires him to right a wrong being done to her planet by an alien commercial conglomerate that rules whole star clusters. Matt, aided by cyborg improvements that make him a deadly foe, sets out to do his job the best he can. Soon, he is on track to becoming the deadliest Vigilante in human history. But humanity's survival among the crowded stars might be the price for success in his job.

Folks who have comments on the novel are welcome to email me at tjacksonking (at) hotmail (dot) com. I enjoy hearing reactions from readers. Tom.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 5:48:56 AM PDT
The Dancing Boy

Ex-soldier Tom Gillet returned to Afghanistan to search for the boy who saved his life. He was stunned by the complexity of the challenges he faced.
Far beyond the corridors of official power, he entered into a maze of corruption, betrayal and child sex slavery. He found that evil threatened his life. He found an evil so profound that it threatened everything he cared about.

This novel has been described as darker than dark, and so it should be, it's that close to being the truth.

Outstanding reviews.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 5:50:41 AM PDT
Greetings! My name is Reginald Dipwipple, Secret Agent Extraordinaire. As long as we're being shameless about it, I cordially invite you to consider my own funny, fictional memoirs, Tongue-Tied With Stomach Knots (An Enlightened Comedy). It is available on Amazon.com and, on August 1, all day long, it will be available for download for FREE. Of course, if you have a Kindle, you can always borrow it for FREE. A great price and an even greater read. Better than Wikileaks.

Here is an excerpt from the Amazon.com description: "In a world wherein so much appears to be bizarre, insane, and beyond rational explanation, Secret Agent Reginald Dipwipple knows the insider truth: the world is incredibly incompetent. This is the world he operates in, fighting the good fight against terrorists just trying to make a living through mass intimidation. It is a world wherein words are weapons when they contain too many syllables. A world wherein computers have personality, geeks are cosmopolitan, and blondes are smart enough to deceive. A world of acronyms utterly indecipherable to the uninitiated: HUMINT, MASINT, GUTTER, USSR. A world where crises cause comedy."

The rest of the description is even better, along with a Kirkus Review and reviews from Amazon.com bloggers. The webpage: Tongue-Tied With Stomach Knots (An Enlightened Comedy) (The Dipwipple Chronicles Book 1)

My own blog page is www.SecretComedy.com

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 11:51:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2012 2:45:43 PM PDT
http://amzn.com/e/B002E0PDHE

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

Reviewer comments:
*Love her writing style and am anxiously awaiting her future books. The stories were short, well written and in some cases, left you wanting them to continue. That's the mark of a good story teller you always want the next installment.
* "All I can say is wow! What a treasure trove of short stories and articles, well worth the $2.99 price. I don't know what I enjoyed the most: Annis's reminiscing about her childhood, the stories about the unique people she's known, or the wonderful way she brings to life the woods and smells of the North Carolina mountains which she obviously loves so deeply. Some of her short stories are horrifying, such as McCauley's Garden; some are funny; all are absorbing."
* "These essays and articles are down-to-earth depictions of Appalachian Mountain life, sometimes from a child's perspective."
* "The images Jackson paints are like pictures on a big screen: colorful, alive, and engaging."

This is a 60,000+ word collection of 17 short stories and 15 articles/essays, many of which were published in regional magazines over a period of several years. Many have to do with growing up in the mountains of North Carolina and others are the result of an irrepressible penchant for turning little slices of life into stories. AWJ

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 11:58:57 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-
From Hell

"...clever and funny - and very well edited." "I enjoyed the hell out of this book!"
"A Brilliant read" "A monster of a book..."

'In a future Land, an insane adventure is taking place. When the Queen botches a magic spell, Beezle, a cheerful demon is dispatched from Hell to collect her soul. Instead he falls in love with her daughter. Beezle relinquishes his magical powers, disguises himself as a woman, and sets out to catch the Princess. But can he survive without his magic in a country ravaged by violence and on the brink of war? And what will he do without his favorite wobbly bits?'

From Hell
Something outrageous this way comes...

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 12:22:38 PM PDT
Cliff Ball says:
Times of Trouble: an End Times novel Book1, $3.99
The Atwood family watches the U.S. fall apart around them as the End Times approach.

Times of Trial: an End Times novel Book 2 $2.99
The Tyler's and the White's suffer from persecution once President Collins declare his dictatorship as the End Times approach.

The Usurper: (conservative political thriller) $3.99
Gary Jackson hates the U.S. and everything it stands for. His job is to bring it down from within.

Don't Mess With Earth $1.99
In this alternate history/historical fiction novel, humanity finds out that their history has been manipulated by aliens and decide to do something about it.

New Frontier (alternate history) $3.99
What-if Reagan became President in 1976 and forever changed the Space Race?

Out of Time: A time travel novel .99
A scientist figures out that time is fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. His job is to find out if it can be changed.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 1:28:37 AM PDT
Two of my EBooks are free today, Saturday August 4

(Forgive if I don't know how to *spew* properly.)

Oh, well.

TOO SHORT - short story collection
http://amzn.to/Q7I9Tz

KING OF LUST
Collection of my best tweets or Epic Poetry?
I've tweeted about half of this puppy over the years--got many stars & RTs. But, yeah, it is that dreaded beast: POETRY!
http://amzn.to/N4Ck8j
@hg47

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 3:00:01 AM PDT
Paperback, Kindle, KOBO, Smashwords, the choice is yours

Do you like a challenge?
Do you like complex psychological drama?
Do you like British detectives and police procedurals?
Do you like very long books with lots of characters and a trail of clues longer and more scattered than Hansel and Gretchen's trail of breadcrumbs?

Hiding the Elephant: The first Simon Grant Mystery (Simon Grant Mysteries)
and it's sequel
Lock Up Your Daughters: Sequel to Hiding the Elephant, Simon Grant Mysteries
are available separately in any of the above formats

or as an e-book that contains both mysteries in a single volume

Double Trouble (Two Simon Grant Mysteries)

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 3:14:04 AM PDT
Jirehis says:
Wanna get even with the kids? Give them a frightfully delightful little scare this weekend before bed...

Sample the Kindle: Snoops, Clues & Boos: A Children's Mystery Snoop Tale

Enjoy the paperback together: Snoops, Clues & Boos:: A Children's Mystery Snoop Tale

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:08:31 AM PDT
Detour to Dusk

17 5 star reviews!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, February 15, 2012
By
M. Cheykota "M. Cheykota" (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Hunt (Kindle Edition)
This book puts an entirely new spin on the relationship between vampires and humanity. The author does a great job with the evolution of vampires to create a new breed that I have never heard before, and I have read a lot of vampire books. I would recommend this book, but note that this book requires a reader's full attention so details are not missed.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:19:57 AM PDT
Okay it is hot today...way too hot here so a reminder..if you need something to make you feel cooler why not read about the world ending in Ice (Echoes of Elder Times) it will certainly bring your core temperature down!

as an added bonus you can watch the trailer right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-IM7xHQA_w

Hope everyone stays cool this weekend!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1954 5 days ago
Kindle book promotions - post yours here 1244 17 minutes ago
Promote Your Fiction Titles Here! 1506 20 minutes ago
Indie authors self-promote your Kindle E-Books - II 1722 24 minutes ago
Do your totally shameless plug here 5863 26 minutes ago
Authors: Promote Your Books Here! 5827 28 minutes ago
Do You Have A Kindle Book? Post It Here! (2) 5341 30 minutes ago
Kingdom's End: A Novel 0 32 minutes ago
Cozy Up with Cozy Readers and Writers: a thread for those who read and/or write cozy mysteries and their friends 7036 2 hours ago
Kindle Books Under $5.00 By Indie Author's 4270 7 hours ago
The Wordsmyth is in the 18th Dimension (and it's so strange!) 2634 8 hours ago
Welcome To The Kindle Comfort Inn - 5 we are rolling over . Come join us! 3332 10 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1909
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 10, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 136 customers

Search Customer Discussions