In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 5:41:18 AM PDT
Good Morning!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 5:41:41 AM PDT
Good to see you back.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 9:42:41 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Boomp!

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 9:49:29 AM PDT
For those interested there is a great pitch thread going @ http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdPage=39&cdThread=Tx2FP8BEDKGPGN8#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Don't venture over if you have thin skin but if you can stand the constructive criticism the folks there are a great deal of help!

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 9:53:02 AM PDT
I just noticed that our little moa thread has gone over the 3000 post mark. I would like to thank everyone who participates here for the help in keeping it visible. You are all great!!

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 4:59:17 PM PDT
Gentle bump before supper and slumber. Goodnight all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 9:00:39 PM PDT
Good night!

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 5:07:56 AM PDT
It was a quiet night here. Good morning everyone. Did any authors participating in this thread jump over to the pitch thread I mentioned above? I'm on my way out the door so I'll check back later. Have a great day!!

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:34:30 AM PDT
It looks like a quiet day as well so here is my lunchtime bump.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:03:50 PM PDT
Bumping on the way by.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:45:49 PM PDT
I'm puzzled (and a bit sad) that Amazon shows US-based Amazon.com reviews on the Amazon.co.uk site, but doesn't show the UK reviews on the US site.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 2:51:48 PM PDT
JD I dont see my reviews on the UK site....One More All Hallows Eve (Guardians of the Gate City)
has 4 reviews on .com but nonw show on .uk or the other sites for that matter

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 5:12:53 PM PDT
buttonfly says:
Hi, everyone! Just dropping in for a moment while my girl is asleep. She's happy to be home and taking lots of naps, hanging out with mom, and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Michael, I did love your book! Yours and MM's have been some of the very few I've read recently that kept me riveted - I think I read yours in two sittings! A rare thing for me these days...I can totally see it being made into a movie:) I meant to email you about it, just haven't made the time. Sorry about that!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 8:30:48 PM PDT
Whn I look closely, it apears to be a beta feature. They might only have rollled it out to some readers. When I go to the UK site, it tells me that there are no customer reviews of your book yet, but immediately under that, it says "Most helpful customer reviews from amazon.com" and lists the reviews from the US .com site.

Here's the text:

Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Amazon.com: 4.5 out of 5 stars 4 reviews
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Fun Read 9 July 2012
By James A. Anderson - Published on Amazon.com
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified PurchaseAn interesting, quirky horror tale. I enjoyed this story, short though it is at only 14 pages. Reminded me a bit of those old ghost stories told around campfires in my youth. An easy and fun read.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Funny! 9 July 2012
By Tracy Leach - Published on Amazon.com
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified PurchaseA quick, funny read, well worth the $1.99! I enjoyed the dry, witty tones of the protagonist, and you can just tell that even though he might be weary, he still enjoys his job. I especially enjoyed the scenes before the end, but I won't spoil it for anyone. Buy it, read it, and enjoy it yourself! :D
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Old Fashioned Scary Story! 1 July 2012
By Rick H. Veal - Published on Amazon.com
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified PurchaseThis story is a really great short -- easy and fun to read! It reminded me so much of the 'scary stories' I heard when I was a kid. It has just enough 'what's going on?' to keep you interested. All in all very enjoyable and I highly recommend it -- especially if you have some little ones to entertain on a dark and stormy night!
› Go to Amazon.com to see all 4 reviews 4.5 out of 5 stars

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 10:05:42 PM PDT
Nightmelody says:
It would be nice to have a sci-fi romance discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:23:06 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
Hi Jimelle! Enjoy that daughter while you can. We'll hold down the fort until you get back.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:24:35 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
JD, for a while they had all the US reviews on the UK site, just in a different area. Now they just list "most helpful" and a link to the .com site to see the rest. It must take a few days for any new reviews to show up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 5:03:01 AM PDT
Jimelle,
Wow, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Coming from you that really makes it all worthwhile. :-)

How is your visit with your daughter? I'm sure you are having a great time! Enjoy, relax, and cherish your time together.

Michael

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 5:15:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2012 5:24:21 AM PDT
Melisse,

Check out Oldog's science fiction cafe @ http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdThread=Tx2YW3Z0YLL6RYV

I haven't participated in that particular thread as yet but there may be some good discussions in the "cafe" threads. Check out the first post for more.

Michael

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 5:24:28 AM PDT
JD yeah I noticed them after I posted...thank again

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 5:54:12 AM PDT
I'm just puzzled as to why they don't offer US readers the option to see the UK reviews, too, since they obviously are capable of linking them.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 8:19:31 AM PDT
Front Row Lit (www.frontrowlit.com) is always looking to offer free publicity to authors and creative writers. If you're interested in submitting your work simply follow the guidelines found at http://frontrowlit.com/?page_id=503 and we'll do the rest. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 9:24:21 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
JD, I don't understand why they don't put up all reviews from ANY country on all sites. Just because you live in Japan doesn't mean you're not interested in what Americans/Brits are saying about books, especially if they're written in English.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 9:36:19 PM PDT
I agree. I'm generally a "more information is better" kind of consumer.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 6:45:31 AM PDT
SarahMac says:
Bump.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  224
Total posts:  6509
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2012
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions