Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Do You Have A Kindle Book? Post It Here!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3026-3050 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 10, 2012 3:17:01 PM PDT
blessed says:
Stepping Forward: A 39-Day Walk Through Ephesians
A Devotional for going deeper. Take a look at the "Inside View". I think you'll appreciate this Devotional through Ephesians.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 7:12:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 14, 2012 8:56:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 8:38:00 PM PDT
Bella Marie says:
The Complete Series Book 1-4 (Jennifer's New Erotic Adventures) $2.99
If you like explicit adult erotica stories, you might enjoy reading Jennifer's New Erotic Adventures Series. Follow Jennifer on her adventure taking her from a shy woman that had nothing but boring, lights off types of sexual experiences until her friend Jamie introduces her to a very sexy Italian man, Tony.

Tony introduces her to his friend Rob where she experiences the unimaginable for her, until her surprise intensifies when her friend Jamie joins them at Tony's lake house for a weekend of what only dreams are made of, or so she thinks. This is a quick read, explicit adult erotica story.

Time Well Spent $2.99
Here is a sample of one of the "G" rated stories that is available as a free download on Amazon Kindle....

The New Beach House
It's a beautiful evening, perfect for a drive. He has worked really hard to make tonight special for them. He is a contractor, designs and frames houses to give his customers their dream home. The home that he has been working on for the last several months is his dream home that he wants to share tonight with someone who will appreciate it as much as he does. Tonight is going to be very special; he is going to ask her to spend the rest of their lives together in the new home.

Happy Reading!
Bella Marie

Warning: Adult Explicit Sexual Content

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:34:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 12:35:08 AM PDT
Nikki Angel says:
Dystopia Series: Through the Glass
Knocked into a world that she doesn't understand, Liz fights to keep her sanity as those around her seek to protect her from the keepers and re-education camps.
List Price: $0.99
Through the Glass (Dystopia)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 2:50:18 AM PDT
Expelliarmus says:
I tend to write memoir/journal type stuff about mental illness, drugs, and being gay. 2 short stories I have written that don't represent my best work but just wanted to get my foot in the door. Any criticisms or reviews, positive or negative, would be appreciated. These were actually written years ago but I feel better having something out there even if it's not that great.

Free with Prime lending or less than a dollar to buy.

Everyday is the First Day, Everyday is the 147th Day:

Everyday is the First Day, Everyday is the 147th Day: This is All I've Got (Drug Rehabilitation Journal) (Every Day Is... Book 2)

Everyday is the First Day, Everyday is the Fifth Day:

Everyday is the First Day, Everyday is the Fifth Day: Five Days in the Nut House, Five Days with Schizophrenic Lynda (A Few Pages of My Musings While Incarcerated) (Everyday Is... Book 1)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:09:33 AM PDT
Thanks for the opportunity to post. AWJ

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains
5 star reviewers say:
*Love her writing style and am anxiously awaiting her future books. The stories were short, well written and in some cases, left you wanting them to continue. That's the mark of a good story teller you always want the next installment.
*All I can say is wow! What a treasure trove of short stories and articles, well worth the $2.99 price. I don't know what I enjoyed the most: Annis's reminiscing about her childhood, the stories about the unique people she's known, or the wonderful way she brings to life the woods and smells of the North Carolina mountains which she obviously loves so deeply. Some of her short stories are horrifying, such as McCauley's Garden; some are funny; all are absorbing.

This is a collection of 17 short stories and 15 articles/essays, many of which were published in regional magazines over a period of several years. Many have to do with growing up in the mountains of North Carolina and others are the result of an irrepressible penchant for turning little slices of life into stories.

Annis Ward Jackson

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:21:37 AM PDT
Story Time

This is a powerful book, written by an exceptional author, which utilises the historical records of the future to tell of humanity's decline into chaos as our planet is suddenly pummelled into extinction by both natural disaster and the alien forces that converge to harvest, and battle over, what can be salvaged from a dying civilisation. A gentle, but excellent narrative tells of the death and destruction with superb elegance, skill and remarkable descriptive, which leaves the reader in little doubt as to what the darker side of humans can truly be.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:58:57 AM PDT
Genre: Thrillers
DEADLINE
The Scorpion

Two newspaper thrillers. The Daily Express Chronicles, the first two parts of a trilogy. Go behind the headlines for murder, action and romance.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:40:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 7, 2012 3:17:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:27:33 AM PDT
Ruby Perman says:
Wookiwoo hit #1 on Amazon's Best Seller's List. A must read for parents and kids of all ages.
"Wookiwoo will be shared throughout the years, and enjoyed and cherished by all who have the opportunity to read this book." ~Carolyn Hopkins, OC Public Libraries
Wookiwoo, I Love You

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:09:11 PM PDT
Gardening season is here!

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

PRACTICAL GARDENING consists of 19 previously published articles (21,500 words) that offer workable solutions for garden problems; all advice is based on several decades of personal experience. Because pictures embedded with text on Kindle are black and white (gray scale, actually) I have uploaded a selection of photographs of my gardens that may be accessed by clicking on the above link, then clicking on See All 22 Customer Images which is located just below the PRACTICAL GARDENING cover image.

Purchasers may request photographs of other items such as seeding beds, tools, and/or specific plants mentioned in PG by leaving a comment on my Author Central Page.

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Perennials
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Bulbs
#9 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:40:50 PM PDT
Lee Emerick says:
Super Nova - Books 1 & 2 Both Super Nova books available as one volume!
Super Nova
Set over 100 years in the future, Commander Jack Emerick finds him self in a difficult situation. His team have been tasked with securing a disabled military facility in a far flung uninhabited area of space. However when they get there they find something far more sinister than a mutinous crew or terrorist activity that threatens the future survival of all mankind.
Mechanical Jihad (Super Nova) Sequel to Super Nova
Jack and Cantrell return to find themselves in troubling times. Yet again the Mechanicals are plotting against humanity only this time their plans come to fruition. This latest tale in the Super Nova series finds humanity on the brink of extinction as they fight for their very right to survive. Live and let live is something that the Mechanicals do not understand.

Mind of a Killer
What would you do, if as a child you witnessed brutal murders in your dreams?
The media describe you as psychic; the medical profession believe you are insane!
Your parents take their own lives as they struggle to live with your strange gifts.
Do you break down; mentally crack under the strain of the horrific visions and media attention? Or do you put your bizarre gift to good use and catch those responsible for their crimes?
Ian Rivers was that child. Now he is out to catch whoever is responsible.

The Zombie Apocalypse Contains both Book 1 & 2
20 Years After The Zombie Apocalypse Book 1
Harriette Madyson is the last woman alive. Twenty years ago her world came to an end when a zombie plague engulfed the population of Earth. At the tender age of seven she found herself in a nightmarish situation where the dead literally returned to life. Left with little to use and nowhere to hide Harri now finds herself stalked across the frozen desolate landscape of North America pursued by the former love of her life. All that she has to keep her going is the hope that she can make it home to die in peace.
Survival After The Zombie Apocalypse Book 2
Konnor Roland picks up from where Harriett Madyson left off in the next installment of the Zombie Apocalypse series.
In the last bastion of the old world, Konnor finds humanity's future threatened again, as the machinery of the past they have grown reliant on breaks down.
With little choice, Konnor must enter an old military underground bunker full of danger and death to repair a water purifier before mass panic ensues above ground, bringing an end to the last survivors of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Extinction Theory
Sydney Trent, a mass extinction theorist unfortunately finds one of his darkest theories becoming reality as humanity faces it own possible extinction. In a race against time Sydney must face and fight his own demons as the dead literally take to their feet. A spin on the popular zombie genre this book goes against the grain by exploring what else could create and drive a zombie as well as a nightmare zombie outbreak!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 2:27:47 PM PDT
My Hero is My Monster .99 REALISTIC FICTION
A young girls childhood is stolen when her Hero becomes the Monster in her bed at night.

MY HERO IS MY MONSTER
by June Spears

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 2:44:07 PM PDT
Philip Chen says:
GIVE YOUR DAD SOME LAUGHS FOR FATHER'S DAY

The popular cartoon collection Scenes of Strangeness is now only $3.95 through Father's Day weekend. Your Dad will enjoy this comic book that is reminiscent of Gary Larson's Far Side. and James Thurber's wry humor. Acquired by over 6,800 readers.

Scenes of Strangeness

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:32:59 AM PDT
Thanks for the opportunity to promote. And my sincere thanks to all the Kindlers who've purchased my books. AWJ

NOTE: This book has recently been reformatted. If you purchased a copy that has formatting issues and you would like a corrected copy, call Amazon Customer Support at 1-866-216-1072 and ask them to replace the copy on your Kindle. There is no charge for the replacement.

Those of you who may download a sample of Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln need to know that this 60,000 word novel has alternating narrators. The sample and "Look Inside the Book" contain only part of the first chapter which is narrated by Abram Enloe and can give the impression that the whole book is narrated by him. On the contrary, the wife, and then young Nancy Hanks, take their turns telling the story.

Reviewer comment:
*Annis Ward Jackson can be depended upon to produce a well-written and well-researched story.......ITT has really captivated me with its rich details and descriptions of early US people, their customs and influences. My interest in Abraham Lincoln has increased tremendously.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln
Walk along with Abraham Enloe, his wife Sarah, and their bondservant, Nancy Hanks, as their lives become inextricably intertwined.

Enloe, father of several children, is a successful farmer and well-respected magistrate in Puzzle Creek, a small community in the mountains of North Carolina in the early 1800's. He has battled the elements and wild animals, and fought in the Revolutionary War but nothing has prepared him for the overwhelming passion he comes to feel for young Nancy Hanks.Enloe, Sarah, and Nancy narrate this story, each from their individual perspectives. Each account is filled with selfish and unselfish love, sensuality and lust, and joy and sorrow.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln is based on traditional lore that goes back to the early 1800's. The story was common knowledge in western North Carolina but many accounts also appeared in newspapers around the country when Abraham Lincoln first ran for public office.
If actual proof (DNA is in process) could be found of Lincoln's having been born elsewhere, perhaps the story would fade away. Until then, the legend lives on.

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:33:18 AM PDT
Into the Deep: A Story of Resolution

5 star Reviewer comments:
NEW * This was just an excellent book. The writing was so well done and obvious the author was so intrigued by the story. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great read and one that fully and totally absorbs your mind.
* I love everything I've read so far by this author (and no, I don't know her). Her writing and descriptions are beautiful in all of her books. The first sentence of this book is as follows: "The surface of the lake quivered, a steady breeze creating a never-ending ripple of diamonds as droplets caught the sun in their brief suspension." I can see the sun and the lake with its sparkling ripples, and I can feel the breeze.
*Into the Deep cannot be pigeon-holed into one category. Yes, it is fiction but historical details of the TVA's construction of Watauga Lake and other events such as the flood of 1940 are accurate. By the same token, ITD could be classified a murder/mystery. However, no matter the category, it is an excellent read!
*I loved this story of resolution, steeped full of historical facts and you felt a connection to the woman as she told it.

Against a backdrop of beautiful Watauga Lake in the mountains of eastern Tennessee comes the story of Violet Thurston Oliver, a descendant of pioneers and a woman with no intention of ever vacating the land that has been in her family for nearly two hundred years. However, Violet discovers that so-called progress grinds on with little concern for her personal feelings.

Proud, stoic, and self-sufficient, Violet withstands an abusive marriage and forced relocation from her beloved farm in the late 1940's when the Tennessee Valley Authority covered over six thousand acres with a dam to provide electricity and recreational opportunities.

The lake has been Violet's sorrow and her salvation. Will her fifty-year-old secret remain safe or will it rise from the depths and threaten the remaining years of a life of hard work, integrity and perserverance?

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 5:39:12 AM PDT
My new eBook, "HOW TO SOUND BRIT-TISH In Thutty Minutes Ah Less" uses PHONICS to teach a new British accebt! It's being promoted for FREE right now in the Kindle Store, so check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:56:29 AM PDT
Here begins the tale of Thadian the greatest swordsman Kolahris has ever seen. He and his friends begin the struggle against the greatest evil Kolahris has ever known, Sol Akar and his Axalrath minions. But there are many mysteries on Kolahris, not the least of which is Thadian himself.

The Legend of Arkahd: Book of Aerefel

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002677382316

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:15:43 AM PDT
The Legend of Arkahd Book of Aerefel
Here begins the tale of Thadian the greatest swordsman Kolahris has ever seen. He and his friends begin the struggle against the greatest evil Kolahris has ever known, Sol Akar and his Axalrath minions. But there are many mysteries on Kolahris, not the least of which is Thadian himself.
The Legend of Arkahd: Book of Aerefel

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002677382316

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:23:34 AM PDT
Hello Everyone,
Yellow Eyes $1.99

Looking for a fast paced quick thriller. Allow me to introduce you to "Yellow Eyes". The plot contains murder, mystery, suspense, and some law enforcement doing their best to protect an innocent. You can preview the book in Amazon to see if the story line will interest you. I can say this, a graduate student never had such a harrowing week as this one.

Look for "Menacing Eyes" Late June, 2012
Sincerely,
Sonya Lee

Anecdotals on Life $0.99

Parents or Educators looking to talk to their teens about some life situations such as sex and promiscuity, teenage pregnancy, and drug abuse. Allow me to introduce you to "Anecdotals on Life" Stories for Teens. This is the first in a series of stories about decisions that can affect a teenagers life for the best or worst dependent on how the teen decides.
Enjoy, and if you choose to get one of the books please be kind and leave a review or simply check like if you liked the books.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
Sincerely,
Sonya Lee
Yellow Eyes (The Guardian Saga)
ANECDOTALS ON LIFE (STORIES FOR TEENS)

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:34:47 AM PDT
Ali Cooper says:
Likened to The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

Do you believe you've lived before? Julia does. Since she was a child she's had dreams, memories and visions of what she believes are previous lives.

She doesn't pay much attention to these flashbacks until her grown-up son dies and, at the same time, she's suspended from her job as a doctor. With her present day life - including her marriage - falling apart around her, Julia turns to her past lives as an escape.

For the first time, she meets someone whom she recognises from a previous existence. She is drawn to get to know him. But while, in the past, he was her teenage sweetheart, in this life he's a murderer. Present and past entwine, culminating in a dramatic conclusion.

Set in Nottingham and Lyme Regis.

The Girl on the Swing

Also by this author,

Cave
Bloody Scared (writing as Melanie Dark).

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:39:38 AM PDT
Gaspar The Thief

I'm just about to leave home to attend an office party. The Olympic torch will shortly pass my best friend's office. Any excuse for a party!

If you can't attend the Olympics, reading Gaspar The Thief could make up for the disappointment. By British author, David A. Lindsay, it's is a fast-paced, humorous, fantasy adventure involving thieves, brigands, sell-swords, goblins, scheming mages, and even a tricksy wight. (The only torches in this novel are also of the flaming variety, but only used to light dark passages below sinister castles!)

Available in Kindle and paperback.

Please visit the new website at www.highland.co.uk.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:51:54 AM PDT
J. M. Barlog says:
Necessary Measures

FREE on Kindle in time for Fathers Day!!! An international spy thriller! Necessary Measures

Code name: Wolf Pack. Joint CIA & MI6. They hunt terrorists. Really bad for the terrorists. Really good for us.

Necessary Measures

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:59:17 AM PDT
buttonfly says:
Thanks for promo space!
Our new psychological thriller - it's a novella:
A Good Wife

Our short stories:
Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Stories
Down In Town

My non-fiction book for guys:
The Corny Handbook: A Guide for Guys

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:07:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 10:08:20 AM PDT
Travellin' Mama: A Parent's Guide to Ditching the Routine, Seeing the World and Taking the Kids Along for the Ride

Travellin' Mama is about the funny stuff that happens on the road with kids. It's also about the unbelievably annoying crap that makes you want to start smoking again.

Mostly it's about showing parents, particularly those who yearn to travel, that it's possible to have their cake and eat it too. Because all evidence to the contrary, combining one's passion for seeing the world with the passion one has for one's own kids can actually be done. And it sure beats living with the regret and resentment of having put off one's own dreams to faithfully toe the modern parent's sacrificial line.

Most of all, Travellin' Mama is funny (so buy it, you'll like it!)
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1898
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 18, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 89 customers

Search Customer Discussions