Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Genre: A List To Help Readers Find Your Book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3051-3075 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 10:30:28 AM PDT
Thanks for getting back to us on this!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 10:33:27 AM PDT
You're quite welcome. I just found it interesting that I could not complete a task that I had done a few times before. I tend to change my book description occassionally in order to attract a new audience. I don't know that I should do that but it does seem to work... now that I can get it to change again, that is. :-)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 7:10:28 PM PDT
Hmm...quiet around here today.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 8:22:29 PM PDT
Good night!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 9:48:30 PM PDT
John Patin says:
Thanks, Mike, for setting up this site. It looks like it was a LOT of work!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 4:50:03 AM PDT
John,

It was a lot of work to get it started but we have many particitpants who help keep it visible. Discussions here are appreciated so that this thread stays on the first page. Welcome to the little moa!

Michael

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:18:59 AM PDT
Morning Michael...I should have something to put up here in a few hours so I am helping!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:37:49 AM PDT
Thanks Lisa! You have become one of our most valued posters here!! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:39:02 AM PDT
Glad to help after all...now if my new story will post so I can put in my blurb...gonna be free for a couple of days...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:43:35 AM PDT
I'll be looking for it! I'm off to work so I'll check back with everyone later. Have a great day!

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 7:31:27 AM PDT
Morning Everyone,

Since I am working hard on new stuff I thought maybe a little short would be in order for today.

In the haunted hills there are stories that never got to finish. Thanks to an ancient being who we all will meet two lovers finally get to finish their story.

My new ghost story Partings (Death Walks Through)!

watch the trailer

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8RQuYkqiXw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Read the story, free for the next two days. If you enjoy it let me know. This is the teaser story for a new series, Death Walks Through.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 10:41:48 AM PDT
Lisa,

I will check it out this evening after work. Thanks for the heads up.

Michael

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 11:14:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2012 8:09:50 PM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
I had the good fortune to watch Lisa Williamson's PARTINGS develop from its initial draft. I want to tell you, it is a classy and dazzling piece of work!

Lisa's Partings (Death Walks Through) and Dave Watson' work The Trunk (Short Stories by David D. Watson) have inspired me to return to some short story writing myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 11:28:42 AM PDT
Whoa...thanks! I wasn't expecting any comments yet. You are so nice Oldog!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 8:43:18 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Hey Michael J - your cozy mystery genre thread has really taken off

Still no word from Mike E......wonder if he is still writing??

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:56:42 AM PDT
Morning Everyone. Over night Partings (Death Walks Through) went live fore the free download over night. If you are looking for something to read quick and a little dark Then please download and enjoy. Partings is the first of the Death Walks Through stories and is a ghost story with a bit of a twist. Called gothic by prereaders, this shorty short is just the story to read on a coffee break or at lunch. Enjoy

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:00:55 AM PDT
Cphe - yes and that's a good thing! I think this thread has been a worthwhile venture and has helped readers and authors alike. I haven't heard a thing from Mike E. I'll shoot him an email this morning and see if I get a reply.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:03:32 AM PDT
Good morning Lisa. I'm still trying to beat the heat here in the St. Louis area. This has been a bad summer so far. I'll pick up you book and give it a go when I get a chance. My work hours are horrible right now. I worked yesterday from 6:30 AM to 11:00 PM and it was around 110 degrees inside the building. Absolutely miserable conditions here.

Everyone have a great day!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:55:42 AM PDT
Michael stay cool. The weather will break...if not now then this fall. Just keep plugging away. And thanks. This is a shortie short but well..I gotta be me right? Short stories are me!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:01:30 PM PDT
That sounds absolutely brutal. I hope today was better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 6:40:58 PM PDT
Today was better only because I only worked 10 hours. I'm beat from yesterday and headed to bed early tonight. Thanks for hanging in there on this thread. You have been a huge help, J.D. ;-)

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 12:29:00 AM PDT
Oldog_Oltrix says:
Bump!

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 12:46:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 12:46:57 AM PDT
John Patin says:
Mike, I think this a great resource. Would it be permissible to drop a link to page 1 (the list) around in the MOA from time, or leave that to you to avoid over-doing it? As you request I will drop by from time to time to give this thread a usage boost. How often would you like?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 2:36:39 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
I don't know how you're working those hours in that heat, Michael. Hope it slows down soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 2:37:26 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
I don't think you can get too much exposure, John. And poor Michael has been so overworked lately that he doesn't have time to even think about it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  224
Total posts:  6505
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2012
Latest post:  15 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions