Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Kindle Books Under $5.00 By Indie Author's

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on May 24, 2011 6:50:12 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3201-3225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:14:09 AM PDT
Gaspar The Thief

Sill just $2.99 for the Kindle e-book version, a saving of $8.00 compared to the paperback!

Gaspar The Thief is a fast-paced, humorous, fantasy adventure involving thieves, brigands, sell-swords, goblins, scheming mages, and even a tricksy wight. It's serious in parts, but humorous in others because I think contrast is important.

Please visit the new website at www.highland.co.uk.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 11:25:57 AM PDT
If you enjoy thrillers, please take a look at Startling Connections which has received ten 5 star reviews on Amazon. From a 5 star review - "This book takes you into the lives of several individuals, they have to solve the mystery, save themselves, and learn what life means to them. The mystery takes some impressive turns and keeps you guessing what will happen next, the rescuing is heroic and you are cheering from your seat. Life lessons are intricately intertwined within the story and will leave you thinking about your own beliefs and life course. The details within the story are not only accurate but things that I never thought existed. I was truly moved by this book, and it's content, it is not your ordinary thriller."

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:15:24 PM PDT
Do you remember the late 1970's? Long lines at the gas pumps, the Ayatollah Khomeini, Americans held hostage, planes hijaked and blown up?

That is the turmoil going on in the greater world but Police Chief Ellis Crawford, fresh out of the Marines and in his new job with a small town in eastern North Carolina, must use his abilities to solve a series of murders virtually ignored by his predecessor.

Reviewer comments on Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells:
***Annis Ward Jackson is an excellent author who produces interesting characters within the framework of a way out plot, accompanied by tight writing.... The characters are solidly written and the hero is extremely likeable... this is a great read and I enjoyed it sufficiently to buy another Ellis Crawford mystery.
***While reading Annis Ward Jackson's stories she always makes me feel like I am actually walking through her stories because of her very vivid beautiful descriptions.
***ANNIS WARD JACKSON has Authored a very, very entertaining mystery of unsolved and hidden-away murders in a small eastern North Carolina town.....has woven a well organized plot and the tension rises as Christmas Day approaches. It is a great start for a young Police Chief, and I hope for more of his adventures
***This book really spoke to me. The chief may be maimed, but he isn't stopped by what's happened to him. He is soldiering on, as real soldiers do.

#1 Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells (Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries)
Chief Crawford launches a frantic search because he believes the killer has one more victim in mind, and will strike again -- this year on Christmas Day.

Reviewer comment on Bought and Died For:
***Author ANNIS WARD JACKSON has penned another fast moving, well crafted novel with carefully developed characters you will find in most small towns in the Carolinas. I thoroughly enjoyed "BOUGHT and DIED FOR", and will now move onto buying ALL the "Ellis Crawford" novels.....FIVE STARS and more!

#2 Bought And Died For (Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries)
Chief Ellis Crawford is back, this time trying to solve the grisly murders of two lovers. Clues are slim until the former Marine begins to find the killer's mistakes. Solving this one may hinge on whether the killer will return to the scene of the crime or leave Crawford holding the bag! Literally, that is!

#3 NEW!!! Exit Here For Murder: Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries There is no such thing as an ex-Marine! Ten years service in the Marine Corp as a Military Policeman taught Ellis Crawford all about how to deal with suicide bombers. Now Police Chief in a small town in eastern North Carolina, Crawford searches for a serial rapist - with the full knowledge that his dispatcher/officer Ruby Lea Sutton may be the next victim!

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:15:45 PM PDT
Thanks for the oportunity to post. And, my sincere thanks to all the Kindlers who've bought my books.

CleanReadingMimi.com says: this is a great read for mystery buffs! The author is really good at weaving the story and setting up the characters so you care deeply about each one of them. I love this series! Just so you know, if you are an Amazon Prime customer and a kindle owner, you can borrow this book for free!

Readmedeadly.com says about this series, "For nature lovers, Annis Ward Jackson's Rachel Myers semi-cozy novellas, set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Appalachia, can be as addictive as popcorn. The author clearly knows and loves this haunted, story-soaked country; and sometimes touches - lightly and deftly - on the many environmental issues that plague the area."

Some reader comments on this series:
* "The descriptions of the scenery and mountains are wonderful!"
* "Murder mysteries are not my usual reading choice but Annis Ward Jackson could make me a convert!"
* "I am really enjoying this series and I highly recommend these books. The only thing that makes me happy when I finish a book is the knowledge that the next in the series awaits me!"
* "I love the descriptions of the horses and trail rides in your books as well as the gardening. My father is from West VA. I am a nurse. . .and that all just makes me love your books all the more. Your characters are wonderful!!! Thanks for such great books!"

#1 Blind Malice (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Rachel, returning to her birthplace to bury her blind father and arrange for the running of his farm, discovers that he may have been murdered in a particularly cruel but unprovable way and that his financial affairs are in severe disarray. She and Isaac, her father's octogenarian friend and farmhand, set out to find the killer and save the farm from salivating creditors. Old grudges and new money cast long shadows in these lovely mountains

#2 Blue Ridge Parkway Plunge (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) In the middle of settling in after moving from Arizona back to Sheppard County in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina where she was born, Rachel's late father's best friend since before she was born entreats her to investigate the death of an elderly friend who was found at the foot of a cliff on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and which has been ruled accident or suicide.

#3 Christmas Tree Wars (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Christmas trees are a big industry in the Appalachians. How far would a grower go to put his competition out of business? Myers' garden designer friend is missing, his wallet and cell phone are found in a field of dead Christmas trees, and she feels compelled to find him.

#4 The New River Blues (Rachel Myers Murder Mystery Series) Myers' friend, Aubrey Royce, concert violinist and naturalist, had made his life's ambition to protect his beloved New River. Now he lies waterlogged on its bank while she looks on in horror. Rachel butts heads with a chief deputy who takes exception to a private citizen who is also female becoming involved in the search for the killer.

#5 Appalachian Trail Mix (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Robby Barnett has taken a job half way across the country and Rachel Myers must deal with the empty space he left behind. Will he ever return? Hiking the Appalachian Trail, Myers discovers the mutilated body of a high school girl. There is no shortage of suspects but the killer may be closer than Rachel thinks.

#6 Mountain Mourning (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) In an effort to accommodate a friend who has just died under questionable circumstances, Rachel must go back thirty years to what may not even have been a murder. She learns how immutable the green-eyed monster can be and the violence it can spawn, even after three decades.

#7 High Country Coverup (Rachel Myers Murder Mystery Series) Myers ucovers corruption at the highest level of law enforcement when she learns that an innocent man has been tried and convicted, and sits in jail waiting to be sentenced.

#8 Mahogany Rock Falls: Satan's Casket (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) The chief of staff of Sheppard County Memorial Hospital has been found dead at the foot of a waterfall on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Myers is asked to find a nurse who went missing at the same time. Will the nurse be implicated?

#9 Brown Mountain Breakdown (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Rachel's friend, a young deputy sheriff, has committed suicide but Myers and Detective Robby Barnett find inexplicable discrepancies that they cannot bring themselves to ignore. While trying to learn what drove their young friend to kill himself, they come up against the late deputy's lover, a woman well-schooled in the art of murder.

New on Kindle - #10 Highland Games (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) The amateur sleuth is weary from overseeing a new wing being added to the retirement center where she is administrator. And she hasn't been sleeping well. Then her attention is diverted by a more chilling problem -- her inexplicable forgetfulness! Is it a case of exhaustion or is she threatened by someone from her past? Detective Robert "Robby" Burnett moves in to help Myers sort out the problem and identify the culprit before the plot takes a more violent turn!

$2.99 each, only on Kindle

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:13:24 PM PDT
Gaspar The Thief

This is a new humorous fantasy adventure by British author, David A. Lindsay. Priced at $2.99, the e-book offers a saving of $8.00 compared to the paperback.

Follow the adventures of Gaspar, a freelance thief who stubbornly refuses to swear fealty to the Thieves' Guild. Finding himself entangled in a series of mishaps and misfortunes mostly of his own making, and facing looming retribution from every quarter, he finally departs his native city.

Aided by Hubris, a seller of spells who similarly declines to pay his dues to Wizards' Hall, and Marna, a feisty thiefess with a quick tongue and a quicker temper, Gaspar hopes to lie low for a while, but events continue to go awry, leading from one catastrophe to the next in quick succession.

Brigands, sells-swords, goblin warlords, scheming mages and even a tricksy wight all seem to have it in for him as he travels across the world of Lindor, blundering from one calamity to the next, and yet somehow always surviving to tell the tale.

Told with humour, this is an exciting romp based in a fantasy world where anything can, and usually does, happen!

Please visit the website at www.highland.co.uk.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 4:12:02 PM PDT
Story Time

over 31 4 and 5 star reviews! only $2.99~

In "Story Time", Ms. Jeppsen was able to find the right mixture of elements to make a good "end-of-times" story. Bi-racial, conventional and unconventional romance, all equally intense; bigotry; famine; fire; disease used as a weapon of war; extreme forces of nature; elements all punctuated by the dark side of humanity that always surfaces when desperation is introduced, make this novel a page turner. Then when you consider the presence of alien beings whose descriptions range from benevolent bookkeepers to avaricious war mongers, this book becomes a must-read for sci-fi and apocalypse lovers. When the very reason for the presence of the aliens is revealed to the chronicler, an impression of universal greed is left for you to think about throughout the remainder of the book. You become involved and determined to thwart the onslaught of the protagonists and save Harmony Ranch. In short, I loved it and strongly recommend it. Great job, Ms. Jeppson.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:30:48 PM PDT
Biker Babs says:
Entangled (A Fredrickson Winery Novel) $2.99
A Minneapolis attorney inherits a small California winery, reawakening memories that have lain dormant for twenty years. Secrets lie buried beneath Fredrickson Winery's innocent facade and Billie intends to get to the root. But disturbing the past lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother's. Can she live with the consequences of full disclosure or will she run home where everyone is Minnesota nice?
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/RcVjSOJc4E0

Crushed (A Fredrickson Winery Novel) $3.99
Newly hired as chief winemaker, Margaret Parker's past collides headlong with the present when her son's deadbeat dad returns from Italy demanding custody just when she thinks she's falling for the new guy in town. Then her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and starts a little trouble of his own. All during the busiest time of the year--harvest. With murder in the mix, it's definitely going to be a red wine this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:35:08 PM PDT
Check out my book, economics: a simple twist on normalcy. ec·o·nom·ics: a simple twist on normalcy Also, to learn more about the book, head to www.theeconomicsbook.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:36:09 PM PDT
Green Eyes says:
Satan's Hoax: End-Times Prophecies Through the Eyes of a Modern-Day Paul

Has God hidden some critically important aspects of the interpretation of Christian end-times prophecies within the depths of Judaism, until this generation?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:21:47 PM PDT
David Manuel says:
Killer Protocols (Richard Paladin Series) is $2.99. Who should read it? According to a recent review, "If you enjoy contemporaneous novels about the duplicity inherent in conducting successful countermeasures and lethal ops, you won't go wrong here."

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:02:51 AM PDT
Gardening season is here!

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

PRACTICAL GARDENING consists of 19 previously published articles (21,500 words) that offer workable solutions for garden problems; all advice is based on several decades of personal experience. Because pictures embedded with text on Kindle are black and white (gray scale, actually) I have uploaded a selection of photographs of my gardens that may be accessed by clicking on the above link, then clicking on See All 22 Customer Images which is located just below the PRACTICAL GARDENING cover image.

Purchasers may request photographs of other items such as seeding beds, tools, and/or specific plants mentioned in PG by leaving a comment on my Author Central Page.

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Perennials
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Bulbs
#9 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:14:19 AM PDT
Tired of the same old health tips but want motivation to change your ways? If you're over 50, take charge of a younger future now and get advice from a credible source. This is also a fun read! Younger Next Decade

An arrogant surgeon. A feisty female pilot. An astute anesthesiologist. A battered, homeless dog. Two teenagers whose mothers need help. What could they possibly have in common? Outcome, A Novel: There's more than a hurricane coming ...

Dr. Danny's OR nurse is not what she seems! Especially since he has more attorneys after him than the number of green beans in a 16-oz. can. Operation Neurosurgeon: You never know ... who's in the OR

Kids and dogs go together like butterflies and wildflowers!
Chester the Chesapeake Book One
Chester the Chesapeake Book Two: Summertime
Chester the Chesapeake Book Three: Wintertime

What's better than a Chester the Chesapeake book? His whole trilogy of the three book series bundled together!
The Chester the Chesapeake Trilogy (The Chester the Chesapeake Series)

Visit Chester's website at http://dogbooksforchildren.weebly.com
Or check us out today at Jenny's Made it Moment:
http://www.jennymilchman.com/blog/?cat=6

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:37:57 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
High, all. Do you like dwarfs, wizards and vampires? Well look away because this book isn't for you. But if you like science fiction, check out this synopsis.
A World Of Chaos (Worlds Of Chaos) 3.99 on Kindle. Page Length 603 pages.

In the not too distant future S.E.A agent Emma Hayes and her team find themselves captured on an alien planet by a man calling himself Master Arilius. A ransom is given to the S.E.A that could lead to their safe return but the S.E.A isn't willing to play along. Their hands bound the S.E.A is forced to put their faith in the hands of a small team and a well-kept secret in the form of a rookie assassin and pawn, Chase Wright. Worlds will collide and secrets will be revealed in this fast paced, high energy science fiction story.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 10:37:04 AM PDT
RE Donald says:
For mystery fans:

Check out SLOW CURVE ON THE COQUIHALLA and ICE ON THE GRAPEVINE by R.E. Donald, featuring former homicide detective turned long haul truck driver, Hunter Rayne. He's like the Lone Ranger in a Freightliner. Both have 4 stars or more, a good deal for $2.99.

Slow Curve on the Coquihalla (A Hunter Rayne highway mystery)

Ice on the Grapevine (a Hunter Rayne highway mystery)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:21:58 PM PDT
Seb Kirby says:
Hi

Here's a recent review of Take No More - the Murder Mystery Thriller:

'Take No More by Seb Kirby is a fast-paced thriller about murder, corruption, and art, and is set in London and Florence. James Blake finds his wife Julia, an art conservator, murdered in their apartment and sets out to find her killer. Julia left him one clue to go on: a text message that read "help me" with an attachment showing Michelangelo's painting Leda and the Swan. The main character was very relatable and likeable. But what I liked most about this book was that the author surprised me when I'm usually pretty good at seeing things coming. Perfect timing with interesting twists kept me going and enjoying the book until the end.'

Best wishes

Seb

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:26:38 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
Heavy Poodles and Cat Song
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
Two mind-altering novellas in one book.

`Heavy Poodles' is the story of two American soldiers, who in the final months of WWII, accidentally stumble across something unearthly that will change their lives forever. Stretching over the decades through to modern times, `Heavy Poodles' is a story unlike any other.

'Cat Song' is a shaggy dog story, told by a cat in dire circumstances. If you ever wondered what cats think, this tale will take you deep into the heart of one determined little feline.
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
Heavy Poodles and Cat Song

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:00:19 AM PDT
Thanks for the opportunity to promote. And my sincere thanks to all the Kindlers who've purchased my books. AWJ

NOTE: This book has recently been reformatted. If you purchased a copy that has formatting issues and you would like a corrected copy, call Amazon Customer Support at 1-866-216-1072 and ask them to replace the copy on your Kindle. There is no charge for the replacement.

Those of you who may download a sample of Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln need to know that this 60,000 word novel has alternating narrators. The sample and "Look Inside the Book" contain only part of the first chapter which is narrated by Abram Enloe and can give the impression that the whole book is narrated by him. On the contrary, the wife, and then young Nancy Hanks, take their turns telling the story.

Reviewer comment:
* Into the Twilight is a powerful love story that touches the heart because of the tragedy (I don't think that is too strong a word) involved. Young Nancy Hanks becomes pregnant by Abraham Enloe after having been a bond servant in his home for eight years. Her mother, an itinerant weaver, placed her there at the age of ten and never saw her again.)
*Annis Ward Jackson can be depended upon to produce a well-written and well-researched story.......ITT has really captivated me with its rich details and descriptions of early US people, their customs and influences. My interest in Abraham Lincoln has increased tremendously.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln
Walk along with Abraham Enloe, his wife Sarah, and their bondservant, Nancy Hanks, as their lives become inextricably intertwined.

Enloe, father of several children, is a successful farmer and well-respected magistrate in Puzzle Creek, a small community in the mountains of North Carolina in the early 1800's. He has battled the elements and wild animals, and fought in the Revolutionary War but nothing has prepared him for the overwhelming passion he comes to feel for young Nancy Hanks.Enloe, Sarah, and Nancy narrate this story, each from their individual perspectives. Each account is filled with selfish and unselfish love, sensuality and lust, and joy and sorrow.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln is based on traditional lore that goes back to the early 1800's. The story was common knowledge in western North Carolina but many accounts also appeared in newspapers around the country when Abraham Lincoln first ran for public office.
If actual proof could be found of Lincoln's having been born elsewhere, perhaps the story would fade away. Until then, the legend lives on.

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:00:42 AM PDT
Into the Deep: A Story of Resolution

Reviewer comments:
*Violet Thurston Oliver is a character to be admired, however she chose to cope with her problems.
*Into the Deep cannot be pigeon-holed into one category. Yes, it is fiction but historical details of the TVA's construction of Watauga Lake and other events such as the flood of 1940 are accurate. By the same token, ITD could be classified a murder/mystery. However, no matter the category, it is an excellent read!
*I loved this story of resolution, steeped full of historical facts and you felt a connection to the woman as she told it.

Against a backdrop of beautiful Watauga Lake in the mountains of eastern Tennessee comes the story of Violet Thurston Oliver, a descendant of pioneers and a woman with no intention of ever vacating the land that has been in her family for nearly two hundred years. However, Violet discovers that so-called progress grinds on with little concern for her personal feelings.

Proud, stoic, and self-sufficient, Violet withstands an abusive marriage and forced relocation from her beloved farm in the late 1940's when the Tennessee Valley Authority covered over six thousand acres with a dam to provide electricity and recreational opportunities.

The lake has been Violet's sorrow and her salvation. Will her fifty-year-old secret remain safe or will it rise from the depths and threaten the remaining years of a life of hard work, integrity and perserverance?

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:33:01 AM PDT
Maria Hammerblad is the author of many fine science fiction novels, such as The Goddess's Saga, Invasion, and Kidnapped! Got to http://www.mariahammarblad.com/ to see all of her work and view her book trailers!

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 9:07:52 AM PDT
Liz says:
Hello to everyone!
I want to tell you something about this short story:
it is called "Il lupo e la volpe" (The wolf and the fox) and it is inspired by a traditional italian fairy-tale.

It costs $ 1.28

It is written in Italian and it is nicely illustrated.

Kindle:
Il lupo e la volpe (Libro illustrato per bambini) (Italian Edition)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/lupo-volpe-Italian-Edition-ebook/dp/B007ZR32DI/
http://www.amazon.it/lupo-volpe-Italian-Edition-ebook/dp/B007ZR32DI/

Paperback, Large Print:
Il lupo e la volpe (Italian Edition)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Il-lupo-volpe-Italian-Edition/dp/1475238541/
http://www.amazon.it/Il-lupo-volpe-Italian-Edition/dp/1475238541/
https://www.createspace.com/3858061

Further informations on Goodreads.com:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15055559-il-lupo-e-la-volpe

I hope that you enjoy it.

Ciao!

PS
You can find some news here:
http://jraineylostprincess.weebly.com/1/post/2012/06/author-spotlight-silvano-martina.html
http://forum.simplicissimus.it/autopromozione/'il-lupo-e-la-volpe'-di-silvano-martina/
http://www.shelfari.com/books/28756966/Il-lupo-e-la-volpe-(Italian-Edition)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:55:17 PM PDT
S.J.C. says:
Jason Jakson and the Paper Moon
Hello world! For the love of all things free... here is a book for you!!

Hi there! My name is Stephen Clarke, the author of Jason Jakson and the Paper Moon, which for the next three days is FREE! Yes, thats right, no purchase necessary. NO strings attatched. Nothing to lose, so much to gain. You see, I am an aspiring new author with an aspiring goal... to see Jason Jakson on top of the free list!

World, here is your chance to take total advantage of someone. Not only have I worked tirelessly on writing, and illustrating this novel, but I am also quite certain any and every reader will enjoy it, and should have the oppurtunity to read it. You all now have the wonderful oppurtunity to download it for free. Seize the day, take hold of it, and don't let go!

What's the catch? There is none, dear reader! For the LOVE OF ALL THINGS FREE, take advantage of me right now and download Jason Jakson. Spread the word, because this a gift for you! Happy downloading!

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:33:42 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
This book has been re-edited and perfected since it's last publication.
A World Of Chaos (Worlds Of Chaos)
S.E.A agent Emma Hayes and her team find themselves captured on an alien planet by a man calling himself Master Arilius. A ransom is given to the S.E.A that could lead to their safe return but the S.E.A isn't willing to play along. Their hands bound the S.E.A is forced to put their faith in the hands of a small team and a well-kept secret in the form of a rookie assassin and pawn, Chase Wright. Worlds will collide and secrets will be revealed in this fast paced, high energy science fiction story.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:49:12 PM PDT
Ali Cooper says:
Likened to The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

Do you believe you've lived before? Julia does. Since she was a child she's had dreams, memories and visions of what she believes are previous lives.

She doesn't pay much attention to these flashbacks until her grown-up son dies and, at the same time, she's suspended from her job as a doctor. With her present day life - including her marriage - falling apart around her, Julia turns to her past lives as an escape.

For the first time, she meets someone whom she recognises from a previous existence. She is drawn to get to know him. But while, in the past, he was her teenage sweetheart, in this life he's a murderer. Present and past entwine, culminating in a dramatic conclusion.

Set in Nottingham and Lyme Regis.

The Girl on the Swing

Also by this author,

Cave
Bloody Scared (writing as Melanie Dark).

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:56:35 PM PDT
A. Plummer says:
Essence Of The Creator (Unveiling The Unseen)

Essence Of The Creator is a Christian Supernatural story about a young woman whose nightmares have turned physical. This eventually leads her to Mason Trenton, Addison's College Professor and her ultimate love crush. But he is not at all who he appears to be. Mr. Trenton reveals who Addison really is, an Absolute, and who he really is, her Sentinel.
By bringing to light the Spiritual Warfare believers and nonbelievers battle every day. Christians finally aware of what takes place in the unseen, put on their Armor and fight to free themselves from the bondage of sin.
Lucifer brings the world to its knees for one final battle that would determine if mankind will be enslaved until Jesus' return.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:19:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 12:05:55 PM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post, and thanks to you readers for using your valuable time to read about my books.

FOR YOUNG ADULTS AND ADULTS

THE CURSE - Hopefully, you'll want to curl up in your favorite chair and treat yourself to a year in Karla's chaotic world after reading the first three chapters on Amazon by typing in THE CURSE by Carol Thigpen Moore. Adding my name will save you time since so many people use the word "curse" in their titles. Thank you.

An insightful book about forbidden first love, living with bipolar, and dealing with prejudice, this novel derives its title from Karla's struggles with manic depression now renamed bipolar. In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with fearful dreams, first love, and Christian faith. She has always detested prejudice in others, but discovers a family secret that teaches her that she is also prejudiced. If you like realistic fiction, you should enjoy this story with its 1963 setting. I experienced most of the dreams, the visits from the unseen world, the voices that wanted me dead, and the failed attempted suicide. While this is true, the plot is totally fictitious. This is a rewrite of my self-published book THEY CRIED which won first place in the North Carolina Press Club novel division and second place in national competition in 1991. The rewrite has a stronger Christian slant and the reader learns what happens between Chet and Karla. Kindle price $4.99.

HANNAH'S QUEST FOR LOVE - "Why doesn't Papa love me?" is the question that screams from Hannah's soul.

Hannah, a Jewish maiden, wants one thing in life, her father's love. She has one hope. If God chooses her to be the virgin to bring forth his son, she's sure her papa will love her. This book paints a picture of life in ancient Israel when God, who had not communicated with His chosen people for over 400 years, sends John the Baptist and Jesus to reach out to the Israelite people once again. Enjoy this time in history through Hannah's eyes. On Kindle this approximately 67,500 word count novel is $3.99. You can read into the third chapter on Amazon for free.

FOR CHILDREN

HEAVEN-BOUND OR HELL-BOUND? (THE ZON TWINS) - Don't let the title fool you. There's humor in these nine short stories even though they are about the vital truth that Christ within us is salvation.

As we know, rivalry between peers often runs deep, especially between twins. The rivalry between nine-year-old twins Rosie and Josie Zon intensifies after Rosie accepts Jesus Christ as Savior. The bickering between the twins will delight young readers and at the same time introduce them to the concept that Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. Though written for juvenile readers, adults in my church are saying they could hardly wait to get to the end of these short stories to see if Josie ever became a Christian. The short stories averages about 1550 words each. Kindle price $2.99.

TIME IS TICKING - Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

If you want to instill character building traits in children, I think these fables will help. When writing fables, bunnies can be handicapped and sad, but learn perseverance. Squirrels can stop being miserable after exercising courage. Beavers can have a hard time using good judgment, and monkeys can tell so many lies, they can endanger their families. The other stories that teach character building are about kindness, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, and working together. Time is ticking because if children fail to learn good character traits early in life, when young thy may walk on your toes; when older they may walk on your heart. My daughter Gina Langston, a teacher, helped me with these short stories. Kindle price $ 2.99.

DEVOTIONS FOR LITTLE ONES - Illustrator Frances A. Wainwright

THE CREATION (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

The creation story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses is based on the Bible. The first drawing with the verse is the illustrators imagination of each creation day. The second illustration to each days creation shows little ones relating to God's day of creation. We start and end each of the four books in the series the same way since repetition is important to little ones. It is our sincere belief that the four books in this series will give your toddles or little ones a head start to knowing the God of the Universe, our Heavenly Father. Kindle price $2.99

GOD'S WAYS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

This story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses in the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series is about God's ways. Using scriptures, we introduce God's characteristics in illustrations that will teach your child that God is kind, good, holy, mysterious, all-powerful, just, wise, ever-present, worthy, truth, eternal, and love. Just imagine how it will benefit your toddler to start learning these fundamental truths now. Frances and I hope they grow up and fall in love with God as we have. Kindle price $2.99.

TEN COMMANDMENTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

Just imagine how much easier raising a child to adulthood would be if they learn and obey the ten commandments from their youth. Writing the ten commandment about adultery was quite a challenge, but I think you will be pleased at the way we handled that commandment. Enjoy the illustrations, rhyming verses, and scripture that tell about the rules God gave to Moses to help man have a happier life on this earth. Kindle price $2.99.

HIS GIFTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

As parents, we know the greatest gift God gave was His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. Using pen and ink and water color, Frances illustrated my rhyming verses about God's other gifts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, wisdom, time, strength, and life. Our hope is the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series will make your little one grow up with the knowledge that he or she is loved by an awesome God. Kindle price $2.99.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1897 15 days ago
Under $3.00 Kindle downloads 7986 7 minutes ago
Kindle Books Under $5.00 By Indie Author's 9708 10 minutes ago
Welcome Readers, To Our Writers' Corner #19 5547 16 minutes ago
The Spinning Wheel - 15 men on the dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum 4959 17 minutes ago
Authors: Promote Your Books Here! 3260 24 minutes ago
Authors post your shamless plugs here - 7683 25 minutes ago
Proudly Promote Your Books Here! 9737 26 minutes ago
Tweet Book Tweet Two 3079 1 hour ago
Win a paperback copy 1 1 hour ago
Welcome to "The Kindle Comfort Inn 4" for readers and writers 9913 2 hours ago
Cozy Up with Cozy Readers and Writers: a thread for those who read and/or write cozy mysteries and their friends 1978 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1799
Total posts:  9709
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2011
Latest post:  10 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 92 customers

Search Customer Discussions