Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Kindle Books Under $5.00 By Indie Author's

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on May 24, 2011 6:50:12 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3476-3500 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 10, 2012 1:43:29 PM PDT
Story Time

over 53 4 and 5 star reviews! Now only $2.99~~
This is a really interesting book. Yes it is dystopian if you need to categorise it, but it is equally historical as ultimately it is is the history of the last days of earth, but told by focusing on what happened to the people in one US location. I'm not going to give the plot away, but it is obvious from the beginning that some survived to tell the tale.

What really worked for me was the sense of detachment achieved by the mix of chronicle, reportage and direct personal recollections. This is also what lifts it from the mass of standard fiction and makes it more thought provoking and worked out than most of the current apocalyptic/ post-apocalyptic mass market books such as Hunger Games etc.

The choices, behaviours and actions of the humans are observed, noted, recorded and analysed. Not necessarily to judge, but more to figure out why people do what they do in given situations. The chroniclers themselves are not all completely detached, some react very emotionally to what they observe, but they do the job regardless.

The way religion is used is also clever, counterbalancing blind belief with prophetic quotations and day to day actions, in effect showing the many faces and letting the actions speak for themselves.

I love books that leave you thinking about the story for days afterwards and this one certainly did that for me.

I hope there might be a sequel to this as it would be interesting to hear what happened in other countries or how the future progresses.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 1:54:34 PM PDT
MsTee says:
Hi Authors and Readers

I've recently created a site for us. It's called NovelScribe - http://www.novelscribe.com.

It's an archive that will host the direct links to our books. It's organised in neat, searchable categories/genres so that readers can find your work a lot easier than they can on Amazon.

THE SITE IS OPEN TO ANYONE TO POST THEIR BOOKS. I really hope you'll see the value this site brings to you, and that it'll serve you well. If you can spread the word about it, I'll really appreciate it!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 2:29:38 PM PDT
Walking In Darkness (Walking In Darkness Series)
Where can you find Romance, Action, Espionage, Suspense, Hope, Mystery, Christianity, Prophecy all packed into an awesome plot?
Walking In Darkness, the captivating thriller written by Steven D. Alexander is available on Kindle and Nook.
Get updates on twitter @DarknessSeries
http://t.co/qMSCvVMd

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 2:49:12 PM PDT
Kim Robinson says:
Can I post and promote my own books?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 2:50:11 PM PDT
Kim Robinson says:
Can we post an promote our own books or just other authors?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 3:38:18 PM PDT
MsTee says:
Kim, yes. I do believe you can. If you click on the other authors' links, most are linking to their own books.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 9:43:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 14, 2012 10:32:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 1:10:03 AM PDT
Surviving In America: Under Siege (A Joe Anderson Novel) only $2.99! I should be asleep but I am posting this promo.... :)

Dust cover...blurb...whatever. Brief synopsis if you ask me. (I am tired, can anyone tell?)

"Meet Joe Anderson, an unassuming middle aged father and loving husband, who is suddenly plunged unwillingly into a nightmare world where the previously laughable, unthinkable, and unspeakable conspiracy theories have come true...

Joe must avoid agonizing death at every turn with the help of his friends, and survive against all odds to help retake his country from a rogue genocidal government, which has placed America itself..Under Siege."

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 1:52:14 AM PDT
The Dancing Boy

FREE TOMORROW 12th JULY, ONE DAY ONLY.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 1:54:34 AM PDT
The Dancing Boy

FREE TOMORROW, 12th JULY, ONE DAY ONLY.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 10:50:32 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
A World Of Chaos (Worlds Of Chaos) 2.99 On Amazon Kindle

In 1989 NASA discovers a collection of wormholes along the Orion constellation. Two agencies known as the E.O.A & the S.E.A are formed to explore these discovered wormholes. Years later the two agencies ascertain that manned travel is possible through the wormholes and succeed in carrying this out--- but with dire consequences.

A mission team led by S.E.A agent Emma Hayes find themselves captured by a being calling himself Master Arilius. A ransom is given to the S.E.A that could lead to their safe return, but the S.E.A isn't willing to play along. Their hands bound the S.E.A is forced to put their faith in the hands of a small team and a well-kept secret in the form of a rookie assassin and pawn, Chase Wright. Worlds will collide and secrets will be revealed in this fast paced, high energy science fiction story.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 11:53:22 AM PDT
Hi Everyone,

Yellow Eyes" Book I of the Guardian Saga
You are awakened in the middle of the night, but can't seem figure out why, when you hear voices in your apartment. You barely escape certain death. When the police and fire departments arrive, they find a dead body in your apartment. Who can it be? Katrina Castillo will have to help the police figure out the mystery surrounding the body in her apartment and the police will have to help her stay alive. Can they both succeed in their mission? Lurking behind the scenes is a killer watching and waiting for his chance to end it all for Katrina before she can learn the truth.

Menacing Eyes "Book II of the Guardian Saga"

Katrina survived attempts on her life last month only to find herself in another nightmare. Someone is after her and she doesn't know why. Her parents are of no help and her best friend Allison is doing her best to support Katrina in her time of need. Can they uncover the mystery of Katrina Castillo before the hunted becomes prey to a maniacal killer?

Yellow Eyes
Menacing Eyes

By Sonya Lee
Yellow Eyes (The Guardian Saga)MENACING EYES (BOOK II OF THE GUARDIAN SAGA)

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:42:31 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
The Depths of Deception (16 five-star reviews)

"Intelligent, compelling." "Hauntingly beautiful." "An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

America has disappeared some years ago. A neo-fascist Party has come to power in the UK. China is on the rise. A submarine hurtles through the cold dark waters of the Atlantic en route to an unknown destination. Only the ship's doctor knows its true mission, but he is not who he appears to be.

A sweeping tale moving from the violent heart of Apartheid South Africa, to the ruins of the United Kingdom, and down to the edge of the world in the frozen Antarctic landscape, The Depths of Deception is a tale of revenge, served as a shatteringly cold dish.

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:57:10 PM PDT
I'm Adam and I run a site called Front Row Lit (www.frontrowlit.com) that is always looking to offer free publicity to authors and creative writers. If you're interested in submitting your work simply follow the guidelines found at http://frontrowlit.com/?page_id=503 and we'll do the rest. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:14:15 PM PDT
Hi guys! My new southern thriller, Killer in Sight (A Tom Lackey Mystery), is $4.78 on Kindle. :)

When a young woman is found murdered in a public park, it is up to RPD detective Lt. Tom Lackey to locate her killer. With the help of his longtime girlfriend and professional photographer, Kathy Spencer, Lackey unravels a mystery laden with psychosis and unexpected revelations. While Tom is busy following the multiple clues pouring in from different directions, Kathy gets to work to prove her own theory: The last image viewed by the dying person can be lifted from the eyes of the victim to identify the murderer. Using her background in photography and her passion for iridology, Kathy enlists the help of Dr. Greer, a snow-haired medical examiner who allows her to take shots of Tracey Newman's eyes. Her findings are puzzling, but they are supported by Alexis Howard, the dead girl's ten-year-old half sister who volunteers information she claims was delivered to her by her imaginary friend Lily. With multiple suspects floating up to the surface and skeletons yanked out of unlikely closets, Tom must rely on his methodical expertise and on Kathy's insight to find the killer before tragedy strikes again.

Killer in Sight (A Tom Lackey Mystery)

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 10:48:37 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
Athelward, desperate to be reunited with his family he lost long ago, has done and will do anything to find them and bring them to safety. It's up to Agents Dan Fields and Voletta Ryder to stop him. Can Fields and Ryder get to Athelward in time...? Read Paranormal Conspiracy and find out.

Paranormal Conspiracy 99 cents on Amazon Kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 12:49:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 14, 2012 12:57:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 5:58:19 AM PDT
Story Time

Still in the Kindle store top 100 (science fiction)! over 53- 4 and 5 star reviews! only $2.99~~

This is a beautifully crafted book. Ms Jeppsen has done a brilliant job of portraying the entire gamut of human emotions and personalities, - from weakness to strength, despair to hope, immorality to compassion, grief to peace. Her characters are utterly believable and her descriptions of events put you in the midst of the action. It is well-paced and maintains the tension throughout.

I loved the book and recommend highly. Well done, Ms. Jeppsen.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:45:32 AM PDT
Gary Ballard says:
Here's a list of the four books in my cyberpunk science-fiction series, The Bridge Chronicles, starring everyone's favorite amoral fixer, Artemis Bridge, all available on the Kindle for less than $5 (paperback versions available as well).

Under the Amoral Bridge: A Cyberpunk Novel (The Bridge Chronicles) $.99 cents eBook
The Know Circuit: The Bridge Chronicles, Book 2
if [tribe] =: The Bridge Chronicles Book 3
Tales from the Bridge Chronicles, Volume 1 - Short stories set in the same universe.

Some of the positive comments on the books:

"The premise is not too far-fetched, but the uncomfortable plausibility is offset by a punchy storyline seen through the eyes of the coolest anti-hero money can sometimes buy."

"I think of The Bridge Chronicles as "Snow Crash lite". The technological aspects of the story are a bit more accessible, the writing slightly less dense, but the feel is similar. It's a great compliment as Snow Crash is one of my favourite cyberpunk novels."

"If you like your cyberpunk readily digestible, your plot punchy and clever and your characters dripping with cynicism while you walk the tightrope between entertainment and uncomfortable near-reality, give this trilogy a chance."

You can also get the entire trilogy of novels in one convenient eBook collection for only $5.25 - The Bridge Chronicles Trilogy.

Gary Ballard

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 11:35:47 AM PDT
Biker Babs says:
If you like your suspense with a side of romance, a sense of humor, and villains you'd like to help to an early grave...check out my Fredrickson Winery Novels:

Entangled (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
One lost summer is time best left forgotten...

When Minneapolis attorney, Billie Fredrickson, inherits her uncle's small California winery, she has no intention of actually moving to the west coast and starting a new life. Her only thought is to get it off her hands as quickly as possible. But her return to the winery after an absence of twenty years opens up more than the reading of her uncle's will. Childhood memories, long-buried, begin to surface, prompting questions that no one is able or willing to answer.

A late night prowler, a break-in at the winery, and an unearthed box of shocking photographs is someone's way of pulling the welcome mat out from under Billie's feet, but it only makes her dig her heels in deeper.

Secrets lie buried beneath Fredrickson Winery's innocent facade and Billie intends to get to the root. But disturbing the past lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother's. Can she live with the consequences of full disclosure or will she run home where everyone is Minnesota nice?

Crushed (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
A single mom, newly hired as Fredrickson's chief winemaker, finds her simple world put to the test when her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and the man who got her pregnant at fifteen shows up from Italy wanting to play daddy nine years too late.
It's crush time at Fredrickson's and everyone is working feverishly to get the grapes in and ensure a great vintage. But creating the perfect wine can sometimes be murder...

Thanks,
Barbara

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 12:15:47 PM PDT
T.E.Avery says:
Actor and aviator Reginald St. John believes he killed his fiancee in a plane crash, until he discovers evidence that the accident was murder. Murder By Plane

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:19:33 PM PDT
"The ultimate alternate history"

The Destiny Fog is a highly original speculative fiction novel, exploring an alternate world in crisis through the eyes of two young lovers and an aged academic.

Borne and Trieste come from radically different backgrounds, on a world shaped by mysterious entities known as the Guardians. These guides established a stable and prosperous path for humanity to follow, but are now gone, and the world faces its greatest crisis in history -- a catastrophic volcanic eruption that leads to famine, disease, and war.

Borne is wounded on the field of battle and struggles to survive...

Trieste, torn in multiple directions, must choose between following her heart and following her sense of duty...

And the leading adherents of the Guardians struggle to keep global society from collapsing entirely.

Six 5 star ratings, and one 4 star.
Only $3.99 on Kindle!

Cheers,
A.A.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:21:48 PM PDT
Seb Kirby says:
Hi

Just to let you know about the latest review of new thriller Double Bind:

5.0 out of 5 stars

'Excellent! A must read

I finished Seb Kirby's new novel Double Bind in one sitting - I literally could not put it down. The storyline and the characters are so compelling that you're drawn in from the start. The whole doppelganger idea was so unique and unusual and Seb used it to great effect throughout the book. Put this one on your must read list if you like a good, tight, well-written thriller with a few exotic twists and turns.'

Best wishes

Seb

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:31:10 PM PDT
Murder In Dordogne (Robbie Cutler Diplomatic Mysteries) - spend this Bastille Day weekend in southwesten France, the beautiful Dordogne region, where diplomat Robbie Cutler and his bride Sylvie are about to spend their honeymoon.

But who invited the murderers?

Here's a recent review:

"I absorbed Robbie Cutler's book from two different perspectives. One following an exciting murder mystery and the other from it's historical aspect. The historical perspective filled in the missing pieces of my knowledge of this European section during the war. It has been a journey into the past learning what really took place in France during the time of the German occupation. We knew the French Resistance was active, but Robbie Cutler's book gives an insiders insight into the period. At the same time as investigating the movements of the Resistance and its enemies, Robbie attempts to solve the murder of his Uncle's Seth's fiancee.

Following Robbie and his new bride on their honeymoon made it all the more interesting, as they visited all the most beautiful sights in the Dordogne region of France. The reader can almost taste the wines and various gourmet delights of France as they journey through the country, picking up clues as they go along..."

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 1:52:38 PM PDT
Nancy Morse says:
Offered at haf-price during Smashwords' July promotional event:

SEA MISTRESS - historical romance. The search to recover a lost jewel leads Raven to New Orleans and sets her on a game of cat and mouse across the high seas and into the arms of the infamous pirate who holds the jewel, and her fate, in the palm of his hand.

BLOOD RHAPSODY (Soul Searchers) - paranormal historical romance. One man fills Pru's drab life with the passion she longs for, but is he a man or a monster? Beneath the vampire's bloodlust is a hunger for love that defies the centuries. Within the music lies the strength to mend a broken heart. A witch's chant holds the key to reclaiming a lost soul. When all else is lost, taking a chance on love is the most dangerous choice of all.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1840
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 29, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 87 customers

Search Customer Discussions