Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Do You Have A Kindle Book? Post It Here!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3726-3750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:39:41 AM PDT
Ali Cooper says:
Marty is trapped down a cave beneath the Welsh mountains. Will his life begin at forty - or will it end?

Newly single and reunited with old friends from university, Marty finds life is no longer as idyllic as his memories of hot summers, music festivals and recreational drugs. He is persuaded to resume his hobby of caving, and, while twisted relationships play out on the surface, he descends into the strange and beautiful world of caverns and stalactites, where ghosts from the past are waiting to haunt him. But the others have secrets too - and as they are revealed, Marty unknowingly walks into danger.

Cave is a coming of age adventure, spanning twenty years of friendships and relationships. Set in Wales at the turn of the millennium.

108K words - that's around 340 pages (approx).

Cave

Also by this author,

The Girl on the Swing
Bloody Scared (writing as Melanie Dark)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:17:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2012 7:18:06 AM PDT
Laura B says:
Predator's Justice

With everything going on today in our society regarding our children, this book poses the question "Why should I trust you"?

GREAT PSYCOLOGICAL SUSPENSE!

Based on 19 hand written Love Poems given to a student by his High School Science teacher after graduation and after his eighteenth birthday. This fast paced Psychological Suspense Thriller offers a close look at how Predators think and plan while showing a normal facade to those they work and interact each day. The original poems are documented throughout this book and seem to span over two to three years of perverse personal thought, by the teacher to one of his students during class and after school.
This book was written after the Parent of the student exhausted every legal avenue to find justice in the New Jersey Board of Education and could not remove this predator from the school system. Currently there are no laws against a teacher engaging in emotional or sexual relations with a former student of legal age post graduation.
It makes no difference if he targeted boys or girls, only that his motive was to prey on our children and that is unacceptable. You may agree or disagree with the ending of this book but I am certain it will fire an emotional response.
Jack Stuart

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:26:14 AM PDT
Alan Jones says:
Ghost Gold

Three 5* reviews plus the following comment in an MOA forum:

KindleAddict says:

Alan, Ghost Gold was terrific. I put it on top of my TBR because I'm writing a book about miners. Really enjoyed Cat's journey. By Jacquie Rogers

'Cat' Catlin, a nineteenth century prospector, hadn't had much luck for most of his life. He'd been cheated by friends and partners and robbed by claim jumpers. Even his claims fizzled out. His first love married another man and the woman he married, the love of his life, was killed in an army raid.

He eventually stumbled onto a fabulously rich mother lode. But it was in an inaccessible spot and he could not find a way to remove it. Then a ghost appeared claiming he knew a way to remove the gold, but he wasn't telling - unless a price was paid.

Catlin had once been trapped in a mine shaft. Now he was asked to overcome his fear and go deep inside a mountain. Then he was to perform a ritual that he considered pure hokum. And he wasn't sure that he could find his way back out. He had to decide if the fortune was worth the risk.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:25:02 AM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post, and thanks readers for using your valuable time to read about my novels, short stories, and the illustrated devotions for little ones.

THE CURSE was written for mid-teens, young adults, but it's also a good read for adults, especially those who were teenagers in the 1950's and 1960's. Hopefully, you'll want to curl up in your favorite chair and treat yourself to a year in Karla's chaotic world after reading the first three chapters on Amazon by typing in THE CURSE by Carol Thigpen Moore. Adding my name will save you time since so many people use the word "curse" in their titles. THE CURSE is an insightful book about forbidden first love, living with bipolar, and dealing with prejudice. This novel derives its title from Karla's battles with depression. In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with fearful dreams, first love, and Christian faith. She has always detested prejudice in others, but discovers a family secret that teaches her that she is also prejudiced. If you like realistic fiction, you should enjoy this story with its 1963 setting. Kindle price $4.99.

HANNAH'S QUEST FOR LOVE - "Why doesn't Papa love me?" is the question that screams from Hannah's soul.

Hannah, a Jewish maiden, wants one thing in life, her father's love. She has one hope. If God chooses her to be the virgin to bring forth his son, she's sure her papa will love her. This book paints a picture of life in ancient Israel when God, who had not communicated with His chosen people for over 400 years, sends John the Baptist and Jesus to reach out to the Israelite people. Enjoy this time in history through Hannah's eyes. On Kindle this approximately 67,500 word count novel is $3.99.

SHORT STORIES FOR CHILDREN

TIME IS TICKING - Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

If you want to instill character building traits in children, I think these fables will help. When writing fables, bunnies can be handicapped and sad, but learn perseverance. Squirrels can stop being miserable after exercising courage. Beavers can have a hard time using good judgment, and monkeys can tell so many lies, they can endanger their families. The other stories that teach character building are about kindness, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, and working together. Time is ticking because if children fail to learn good character traits early in life, when young thy may walk on your toes; when older they may walk on your heart. My daughter Gina Langston, who has a masters degree in early childhood eduction, helped me with these short stories. Kindle price $ 2.99.

HEAVEN-BOUND OR HELL-BOUND? (THE ZON TWINS) - Don't let the title fool you. There's humor in these nine short stories even though they are about the vital truth that Christ within us is salvation.

As we know, rivalry between peers often runs deep, especially between twins. The rivalry between nine-year-old twins Rosie and Josie Zon intensifies after Rosie accepts Jesus Christ as Savior. The bickering between the twins will delight young readers and at the same time introduce them to the concept that Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. Though written for juvenile readers, adults in my church are saying they could hardly wait to get to the end of these short stories to see if Josie ever became a Christian. The short stories average about 1550 words each. Kindle price $2.99.

DEVOTIONS FOR LITTLE ONES, devotions you will read over and over while cuddling your baby in your lap. Illustrator is Frances A. Wainwright.

THE CREATION (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

The creation story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses is based on the Bible. The first drawing with the verse is the illustrators imagination of each creation day. The second illustration to each days creation shows little ones relating to God's day of creation. We start and end each of the four books in the series the same way since repetition is important to little ones. It is our sincere belief that the four books in this series will give your little ones a head start to knowing the God of the Universe, our Heavenly Father. Kindle price $2.99

GOD'S WAYS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

This story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses in the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series is about God's ways. Using scriptures, we introduce God's characteristics in illustrations that will teach your child that God is kind, good, holy, mysterious, all-powerful, just, wise, ever-present, worthy, truth, eternal, and love. Just imagine how it will benefit your "lap baby" to start learning these fundamental truths now. Frances and I hope they grow up and fall in love with God as we have. Kindle price $2.99.

TEN COMMANDMENTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

Think about how much easier raising a little one through those difficult teenage years would be for you and them if they learn to obey the Ten Commandments while very young. Writing the ten commandment about adultery was quite a challenge, but I think you will be pleased at the way we handled that commandment. Enjoy the illustrations, rhyming verses, and scripture that tell about the rules God gave to Moses to help man have a happier life on this earth. Kindle price $2.99.

HIS GIFTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

As parents, we know the greatest gift God gave was His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. Using pen and ink and water color, Frances illustrated my rhyming verses about God's other gifts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, wisdom, time, strength, and life. Our hope is the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series will make your little one grow up with the knowledge that he or she is loved by an awesome God. Kindle price $2.99.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:28:30 PM PDT
Neil Ostroff says:
PULP
Struggling thriller writer Kevin Turner just received a panicked call from his ex-girlfriend Tina, a self-proclaimed clairvoyant prostitute. One of her clients, the mayor's married son, died in her bed and she needs Kevin's help to dispose of the body. As if Kevin doesn't have enough problems. His current girlfriend is the spouse of the gay woman who signs his meager paycheck, his sixth credit card has hit its limit, he received word that his eight-month wait for his second advance check was being withheld by Gotham Publishing until he made the absurd changes in his manuscript that they wanted, and he just discovered his recently deceased father, who Tina claims she's in contact with, owes ten grand from an internet gambling debt, which Kevin would now have to figure a way to pay. When Kevin discovers Tina's psychotic brother has chopped up the body, and the police are finding the pieces spread across the suburbs, it sets off a chain of events more bizarre and horrifying than the plot of one of Kevin's own novels.
Pulp
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008B7RNFY

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:49:55 PM PDT
Greetings everyone. For a look at all my books, reviews, trailers, etc. it's easy to take a peek at my website: http://barbaraebel.weebly.com. Otherwise, here are some blurbs:

"Best Selling Books for 2012 - Medical Mystery - per PR Buzz - Press Release Wire

Chicago, IL (PRBuzz) July 10, 2012 -- Best Selling Books' blog today announced its top ten list of medical mystery novels. The annual list derives its roster of bestsellers from a number of sources that include Amazon and Goodreads.com. Readers' ratings, reviews, and title sales data are used to formulate a blended score that creates each book's final rank."
After the first bestseller, Operation Neurosurgeon: You never know ... who's in the OR was listed as the top finalist.
~~~~~~~~~~

Outcome, A Novel: There's more than a hurricane coming ...

Hurricane Ivan roars into the Gulf of Mexico as Karen Puno and her dog scramble to evacuate a barrier island and a teacher with liver disease is placed on an transplant list. But fate is not always kind. It's not the hurricane which causes Karen's coma and subsequent organ donation. Nor is it responsible for her battered dog who escapes the crushed metal pile into the blowing sand and gusty wind.
~~~~~~~~

Tired of the same old health tips? You won't find them here! Younger Next Decade.

If you're over 50, take charge of a younger future now and get advice from a credible source. Enjoy these fourteen informative and fun chapters which include topics such as diet, exercise, and disorders; and dogs, spirit, and productivity.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:54:17 PM PDT
DEADLINE

The Scorpion

Two newspaper thrillers. Go behind the headlines for murder, action and romance!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:02:30 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
In 1989 NASA discovers a collection of wormholes along the Orion constellation. Two agencies known as the E.O.A & the S.E.A are formed to explore these discovered wormholes. Years later the two agencies ascertain that manned travel is possible through the wormholes and succeed in carrying this out--- but with dire consequences.

A mission team led by S.E.A agent Emma Hayes find themselves captured by a being calling himself Master Arilius. A ransom is given to the S.E.A that could lead to their safe return, but the S.E.A isn't willing to play along. Their hands bound the S.E.A is forced to put their faith in the hands of a small team and a well-kept secret in the form of a rookie assassin and pawn, Chase Wright. Worlds will collide and secrets will be revealed in this fast paced, high energy science fiction story.

A World Of Chaos (Worlds Of Chaos) 1.99 On Amazon Kindle

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:03:19 PM PDT
Alan Jones says:
The fresh tracks in the melting snow drift stopped us cold. They told us that we were pushing a pair of mountain lions up the ridge. They undoubtedly knew we were there and were staying just ahead of us, but out of sight.
It all started one beautiful warm spring day when a friend and I decided the day was simply too nice to spend inside a high school classroom. We decided to ditch school and climb Mount Baldy instead! Mount Baldy is the prominent peak in the Bridger Range which extends north from the outskirts of Bozeman, Montana. The sun was on the downhill side of the sky when we saw the tracks and after an extremely short discussion we used that as an excuse to start back down the mountain. Although we never saw them we knew that those lions followed us all the way down until we reached civilization. We could feel them! Telepathy! Don't believe it? How about a crowded room and you feel someone staring at you?

Read about more close encounters in Frontier Challenge

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:08:02 PM PDT
Blood and Loss (Cassandra Myles Witch Series)
If you lost everything that made you who you are could you recover?

Would you be stronger than before or would you crumble under the mountain of grief?

When Cassandra Myles is faced with this question her answer is to do what ever it takes to move on. She rebuilds her life and finds happiness once again. She doesn't do it alone, she has two very special men in her life, who have been there for her while she has recovered.
One is her boss. His name is Quintus and he is a very old and very powerful vampire. He took her under his wing when she needed someone and now she would do anything to repay that debt.
The other is her roommate Declan. He is caring, charming, gorgeous and in her eyes perfect in every way except one. Cassandra feels they are meant for each other and Declan feels he is meant for every woman who walks in his bar.
Life might not be perfect, but it was filled with possibilities and she was going to meet them with strength, courage and when all else fails a huge dose of sarcasm.
Then Quintus comes to her and tells her what was once lost can now be restored. A painful part of her past can be undone. Will this make her life complete or should some things remain buried.

This novel contains several erotic scenes that may cause an increased heart rate and other more pleasant side effects. This novel is not meant for a younger reader.

hope you check it out
Electa Graham

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 1:11:53 PM PDT
Sounds really good Electa. I love a good paranormal..gonna add this to my wish list

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 1:56:15 PM PDT
I hope you enjoy it Lisa. You will have to let me know.
Electa

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 2:45:10 PM PDT
Detour to Dusk

over 18- 4 and 5 star reviews!

As I had hoped - based on Jeppsen's previous novel - the descriptive work of the writing and the characterisations were both exemplary and I could easily visualise the areas and the people as the author intended. Even the countenance of the most evil of the vampires was beautifully offered.

Jeppsen's clear knowledge of the area and breathtakingly accurate descriptions helped make everything very real and pulled the story along smoothly. Even the `foreign' and mythical locations were given more than enough realism to add to the atmosphere of the various story-lines as they unfolded.

The kidnapping of Holly and Brian's determined efforts to find her, even when faced with the vampire, is covered with calm, creative writing which I feel has come to epitomise the style and strength of this author, and the way she builds the story to its conclusion is outstanding.

only $2.99~~

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 4:50:42 PM PDT
Hi mountainmama. Lucky you, I would have stopped at one of each, but hubby was desperate for a girl. He came from a family of 4 boys, and I wanted a girl too. We were hoping for 3rd time lucky. They were all healthy so we were blessed really.
BUT: We cracked it for a granddaughter. She is a gorgeous, but a keeps us on the run when we mid her.
Yes, I imagine two teenage granddaughters would certainly keep you busy.

Cheers

Margaret Tanner

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 4:57:02 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
Kids are just so different nowadays, Margaret. Seems like none have any respect for anything. It scares me sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:02:00 PM PDT
MM it depends on the kids and their ages. I have raised two daughters into college age and I have one more at home. Respect is there but the teenage years are just a joy *roll eyes* when a parent or grandparent becomes lame to them for a time. I know we all think we weren't that bad..and I am sure some of us weren't but if we fall behind what is at least passingly current in their lives we will lose what little respect they have for us during those years. Luckily I think we can get it back. Or they grow up and realize what is really is important in life..like family

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:07:23 PM PDT
Hi mountainmama,
I blame the lack of respect that the young ones have on the schools. Out here in Australia, they keep telling the kids all the rights they have, but never mention that rights should come with obligations as well.

Cheers

Margaret Tanner

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:08:47 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
I hope they live thru this stage. I'm sorely tempted to strangle them at times. But then I see a glimmer of decency and forgive them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:11:46 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
I agree Margaret. The first thing they learn in school is that no one can touch them - they can do whatever they want without fear of punishment because no one is allowed to hurt their tender little egos. They are raised to believe everyone owes them - and they don't owe anything in return. They are in for such a shock when they get out into the real world.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 5:19:04 PM PDT
Biker Babs says:
If you like your suspense with a side of romance, a sense of humor, and villains you'd like to help to an early grave...check out my Fredrickson Winery Novels:

Entangled (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
One lost summer is time best left forgotten...

When Minneapolis attorney, Billie Fredrickson, inherits her uncle's small California winery, she has no intention of actually moving to the west coast and starting a new life. Her only thought is to get it off her hands as quickly as possible. But her return to the winery after an absence of twenty years opens up more than the reading of her uncle's will. Childhood memories, long-buried, begin to surface, prompting questions that no one is able or willing to answer.

A late night prowler, a break-in at the winery, and an unearthed box of shocking photographs is someone's way of pulling the welcome mat out from under Billie's feet, but it only makes her dig her heels in deeper.

Secrets lie buried beneath Fredrickson Winery's innocent facade and Billie intends to get to the root. But disturbing the past lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother's. Can she live with the consequences of full disclosure or will she run home where everyone is Minnesota nice?

Crushed (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
A single mom, newly hired as Fredrickson's chief winemaker, finds her simple world put to the test when her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and the man who got her pregnant at fifteen shows up from Italy wanting to play daddy nine years too late.
It's crush time at Fredrickson's and everyone is working feverishly to get the grapes in and ensure a great vintage. But creating the perfect wine can sometimes be murder...

Thanks,
Barbara

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 5:26:32 PM PDT
Hi mountainmama,
Yes, you are exactly right.

Cheers

margaret

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 5:37:55 PM PDT
T.E.Avery says:
High flying mystery, action, adventure and romance during Hollywood's golden age. Murder By Plane

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 6:09:13 PM PDT
MM, they always have redeeming qualities, luckily for them. That's why humans don't eat their young. ;)

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:59:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 31, 2012 10:10:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 10:14:35 PM PDT
Story Time

over 54- 4 and 5 star reviews!
When I began to read "Story Time" by Linell Jeppsen, it seemed to be the heir of decades of 'end of the world fiction' from "On the Beach" to "Mad Max". It is very well written and plotted but how could you come up with a new idea after all these years?
Ms. Jeppsen has more than met the challenge. As the volcanoes, tsunamis, and human nature run wild, the situation is suddenly taken out of human hands.
It's a great read and more than worth the effort, even for us old-timers who think we've heard it all.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1898
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 18, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 86 customers

Search Customer Discussions