Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Western Romance Authors Please Post Here

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3926-3950 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:41:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 4:10:01 PM PDT
Devon says:
Hey, guys, listen to this. Strangely enough, right after we were talking about algorithms and matrixes last night, I went to my dashboard. No change, no sales. Then I pulled up my product page and got a shock. My ranking had somehow gone from the 250K range it was the last time I'd looked to the 100K range. I figured it was a hiccup in Amazon's system and it would go back to what it was before. It hasn't. Then today, I ran across this. You all need to take a look. It's an article about how Amazon has changed its algorithm to depress the freebies and the .99 cent books in the rankings and search engines.

http://www.lindsayburoker.com/amazon-kindle-sales/recent-amazon-algorithm-changes/

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:24:27 PM PDT
otterific says:
Leaving for Yellowstone. See y'all in a couple of weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 4:24:22 PM PDT
Maggie O' says:
Have a fantabulous time!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 4:31:06 PM PDT
Maggie O' says:
LoL Mesa! I thought the same thing when I double checked my post after it went up. Almost went in to edit it.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 5:05:19 AM PDT
Maggie O' says:
Free Today:

Two books by our very own Ginger Simpson:
Time Tantrums by Ginger Simpson
Previously published as Sisters in Time.

Mariah Cassidy awakens in the twentieth century. Confined in a pristine environment, hooked to tubes and beeping machines, she's scared, confused and wondering why everyone keeps calling her Mrs. Morgan. Who is the strange man who keeps massaging her forehead and telling her everything is going to be all right?

Taylor Morgan tries to focus on her surroundings through a blinding headache. The patchwork quilt, the water basin, and the archaic room don't strike a familiar chord. Her mouth gapes when a handsome man waltzes into the room, calls her darling, and expresses his delight that she's on the road to recovery.

Clearly something is amiss.

Sarah's Heart by Ginger Simpson
Previously published as Sarah's Journey

Will the man of mixed blood save her life, or will she save his?

When Sarah Collins sets her sights on California for a new beginning, she never dreams a war party will attack the wagon train she travels on. She and her new-found friend Molly are the sole survivors, but when Molly succumbs to her injuries, Sarah is left alone to find her way back to civilization. While trying to mount a stolen horse, she suffers a rattlesnake bite that threatens to accomplish what the Indians failed. Is it her time to die or does Sarah have a purpose she's yet to discover?

Courage to Love (Flynn Family Saga) by Erica Graham
Maggie's first child, Sarah, is born dead. Flynn runs from his grief and his past, abandoning Maggie when she needs him the most. Will they find the strength to heal from the loss of their child and the courage to love again?

Bittersweet (Rocky Mountain series) by Annette Anthony
In the year 1871, the presumptuous Miss Bethany Swenson would never have imagined that her move to Denver would result in her falling in love with a man who had murdered his wife or that because of her innate curiosity, she would end up consorting with the ladies from the seedy side of town.

Bittersweet is a completed historical romance set in frontier Denver. It runs the gamut of human emotions from unrequited love, loyalty, jealousy, and anger, replete with murder, violence, and frontier justice. Bethany Swenson finds herself in a situation where she suspects that the handsome James O'Brien, to whom she is inexplicably drawn, years ago murdered his adulterous first wife. Fearing her family's disapproval, she is hesitant to share her confused feelings toward him because of his tainted reputation. She is also hesitant to report the evidence she has uncovered because the town sheriff is James' brother. She thus turns to writing a journal in which she confides her innermost thoughts and pens clues that eventually aid in unraveling the mystery. This thrilling historical romance is a collection of Bethany's most unusual and inviting journal entries. She is quick to learn that living in the untamed Colorado territory can indeed be bittersweet.

Finding The Missing Pieces by Elaine Dyer
Finding the Missing Pieces, book two in Elaine Dyer's Texas Trilogy, takes up where Mindset left off and tells the story of Eva Sandoval and Josh Dubeck. Eva has survived a nightmarish marriage and relocated to El Paso, Texas with her best friend, Callie, to begin a new life and embrace this fresh beginning. Callie's brother Josh offers his legal services help Eva obtain a divorce from her affluent husband, while she searches not only for the path she will choose to follow as she begins this new chapter in her life, but also struggles to regain her self confidence, courage, and other missing pieces which she lost along the way while trapped in her abusive marriage. Josh's interest in Eva evolves from professional and platonic in nature to protective and devoted and finally transcends into the romantic realm.
The more Eva sees of Josh, the more comfortable she becomes around him. He inspires trust and confidence, two things she'd thought never to associate with any man ever again. As her confidence and positive outlook continue to grow, so does her attraction to Josh. As Eva's self esteem resurfaces, so do other needs and desires she thought she'd never consider indulging in again. But will her desire for a deeper, more emotional connection with Josh override the extreme caution and mistrust her previous marriage has instilled in her? And will Josh be able to protect her from her furious ex-husband when he is determined to force Eva into a reconciliation to avoid embarrassment and reestablish his dominance over her?

Happy Reading!
~Mags~

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 6:09:13 AM PDT
Peggy, color me green!! Have a wonderful time and look forward to photos on FB.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:03:44 AM PDT
Alan Jones says:
Trying to fend off predators who were after his cattle and even his life was a full time job, but his biggest challenge was defending his betrothed from the worst predators of all, the Powell brothers and their evil intent. The Wilderness Beckons

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:08:42 AM PDT
Thanks for pointing these out Maggie. Tomorrow, Ellie's Legacy is free. This is my weekend to shine in the "free" light. I hope you'll all give them a try. I'm going to be gone all week, camping, and my main objective is to sit under the RV canopy and finish the sequel to Sarah's Heart, which is Sarah's Passion. My husband is hoping a week away of doing something other than sitting like a slug in my chair will help me gain some of my energy back. I'm really tired of being tired. It sucks. I miss chatting with the group. I've been reading the posts and sharing the blog entries, but that's about all. Have a good week everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:12:34 AM PDT
Maggie O' says:
Hope you have a wonderful and restful time, Ginger! We miss you!

~Mags~

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:20:22 AM PDT
Maggie O' says:
FYI...for those with Kindle Special Offers and fans of A & E's Longmire

The Cold Dish: A Walt Longmire Mystery by Craig Johnson is only $2.99
The first novel in the New York Times bestselling Walt Longmire mystery series

In this outstanding first novel, New York Times bestselling author Craig Johnson introduces Sheriff Walt Longmire of Wyoming's Absaroka County. Johnson draws on his background in law enforcement and his deep attachment to the American West to produce a literary mystery of stunning authenticity, and full of memorable characters. Sheriff Walt Longmire knows he's got trouble when Cody Pritchard is found dead. Two years earlier, Cody and three accomplices had been given suspended sentences for raping a Northern Cheyenne girl. Is someone seeking vengeance? Longmire faces the most volatile and challenging case in his twenty-four years as sheriff and means to see that revenge, a dish that is best served cold, is never served at all.

~Mags~

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:42:03 AM PDT
Devon says:
Have fun, Peggy! And stay safe!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:44:38 AM PDT
Devon says:
You're missed around here, Ginger. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:45:49 AM PDT
Devon says:
Thanks for posting the freebies, Maggie! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:49:08 AM PDT
Maggie O' says:
You're so very welcome my dear friend. So glad you're back, you were missed too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:54:24 AM PDT
mesadallas says:
Wondering if anyone has seen the new t.v. series based upon this book? I have seen the ads for it and have been meaning to watch it but then get busy with other things and forget.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:58:10 AM PDT
Devon says:
Thanks, Maggie. I missed all of you, too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:59:05 AM PDT
Devon says:
Mesa, my husband watched but I got busy doing something and missed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:01:56 AM PDT
Maggie O' says:
I haven't seen it. I was hoping to read the series but at $11.99 per ebook, it's way too pricey for my taste. I did grab The Cold Dish because it's only $2.99 and my dad can read it on my Kindle next time I go visit. He can get the rest of the series from the library if he likes it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:17:05 AM PDT
Paty Jager says:
I've been to one of Craig's signings. He's pretty funny in person. He's going to be in my neck of the woods again in about a week, but I'll be busy and don't think I'll make the signing/reading.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:30:04 AM PDT
Lyn Horner says:
I watched the first two Longmire installments. Not bad, also not great -- yet. I'll give it time and see if it grows on me. It has some good actors.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:09:27 AM PDT
Chad Strong says:
Hi,

I saw the pilot episode and for the most part liked it. Good actors and some intriguing characters and dynamics. Will have to see how it all develops over the next few to decide whether or not to keep watching.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:42:46 AM PDT
Maggie O' says:
Have you read the series? Just wondering how the show compares to the books.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:29:17 PM PDT
Lyn Horner says:
I have never read any of the books, so can't compare the two.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:10:54 PM PDT
Chad Strong says:
Hi Maggie,

Have to admit I haven't read the books -- I've always been more into historical rather than contemporary westerns. But I may give it a go if the TV series keeps me interested.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:51:25 PM PDT
Maggie O' says:
Chad,
I prefer the historicals too. But being a Wyoming gal I thought I should give the series a whirl until I saw the book prices. I find myself hard pressed to pay $12.00 for a 250 page book. And its been my experience that the books are always better than the TV/movie. I am DVRing the series but I'm not much for watching TV. If I'm sitting for any length of time there's a book in my lap, I usually don't even make it to the weather once the news starts, I'm so engrossed in reading. LoL

~Maggie~
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  143
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 16, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions