Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Under $3.00 Kindle downloads

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on May 30, 2011 8:32:42 AM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5126-5150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:52:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 23, 2012 12:09:56 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:28:05 PM PDT
Story Time

Story Time now has over 32- four and five star reviews! Nominated as the best read of 2011 by the PRG, this science fiction, post-apocalyptic novel is now only $2.99!

This review is from Story Time (Kindle Edition)
I had no idea when I started this book it would involve aliens, ha-ha, I normally avoid such stories but I am glad I did not know. The story line is well done, believable, engrossing, and hopeful.
I truly enjoyed this book, and would look for more by this author. ~~
This review is from: Story Time (Kindle Edition)
I greatly enjoyed reading Storytime. The flow was excellent and the characters vividly described. I also liked the different aliens in the book. Certain elements were a little incongruous...but overall I would definitely recommend it! As soon as I finished it, I ran over and downloaded it on to my dad's kindle. I look forward to her next novel!!!

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 4:08:14 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
Good weekend reads:

Political intrigue: M.O.D. (check out the YouTube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It9YGWR8W54)

YA adventure time travel: Chronicles of Time: Book 1 (trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBxe1CUwB4&feature=channel&list=UL)

YA adventure: Novel Ideas

All just $2.99!

Happy reading.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 5:54:21 AM PDT
1923: A Memoir Lies and Testaments 99 cents

It's a personal as well as a social history. Smith has the knack of bringing the times to life in a way that few writers can manage. It's the ability to tell a story, the knowledge of when to move on & not labour a point.--The Bookbag

1923 is a book that succeeds in two ways with ease, both as a personal memoir of a life lived in a volatile age and as a record of that age for all time. --The Current Reader

"1923" is uplifting and highly recommended. --Midwest Book Review

1923: A Memoir is a protest against social injustice, corruption, war, famine, poverty, and societies blinded by greed. More importantly, it is the story of hope and the notion that anything can be overcome if desired. --The Publishing Guru
Smith stays true to himself and his inner voice as he recounts the events of his early life.-Feeding My Book Addiction

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 6:32:52 AM PDT
A comic novel of international intrigue.

Boomerang

Ted Hogwood's beloved Sarah, a jazz guitar, is in the window of Topp Dollar Pawn. The only way he can get the money to rescue her is to accept an assignment from the AABC, a not nearly official branch of the United States intelligence community. He is partnered with Jerry Kwiatkowski, master of the Hammond B-3 organ and chronic flatulence sufferer, to steal a boomerang containing secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover over thirty years ago. It would be a simple job if only they knew what they were doing. And if a crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, The Director of Central Intelligence and a clothing optional former onion festival queen were not also hot on the boomerang's trail.

A review from an Amazon UK reader.

A Wonderful Quirky Caper, 17 May 2011
By
evertheoptimist (UK) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
Boomerang is a wonderfully exuberant chase caper, a cleverly executed laugh out loud gem full of quirky characters, impossible scenarios, unlikely allies, all pulled together by the brilliantly skilful penmanship of Alan Hutcheson. An absolutely wonderful book...a joy to read from start to hectic finish.

Thanks,
Alan

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 8:06:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 8:42:21 AM PDT
Do you remember the late 1970's? Long lines at the gas pumps, the Ayatollah Khomeini, Americans held hostage, planes hijaked and blown up?

That is the turmoil going on in the greater world but Police Chief Ellis Crawford, fresh out of the Marines and in his new job with a small town in eastern North Carolina, must use his abilities to solve a series of murders virtually ignored by his predecessor.

Reviewer comments on Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells:
***Annis Ward Jackson is an excellent author who produces interesting characters within the framework of a way out plot, accompanied by tight writing.... The characters are solidly written and the hero is extremely likeable... this is a great read and I enjoyed it sufficiently to buy another Ellis Crawford mystery.
***While reading Annis Ward Jackson's stories she always makes me feel like I am actually walking through her stories because of her very vivid beautiful descriptions.
***ANNIS WARD JACKSON has Authored a very, very entertaining mystery of unsolved and hidden-away murders in a small eastern North Carolina town.....has woven a well organized plot and the tension rises as Christmas Day approaches. It is a great start for a young Police Chief, and I hope for more of his adventures
***This book really spoke to me. The chief may be maimed, but he isn't stopped by what's happened to him. He is soldiering on, as real soldiers do.
***The writing is terrific! The characters are very believable. This is another page turner by this author! If you like mysteries, you will love this book!

#1 Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells (Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries)
Chief Crawford launches a frantic search because he believes the killer has one more victim in mind, and will strike again -- this year on Christmas Day.

Reviewer comment on Bought and Died For:
***Author ANNIS WARD JACKSON has penned another fast moving, well crafted novel with carefully developed characters you will find in most small towns in the Carolinas. I thoroughly enjoyed "BOUGHT and DIED FOR", and will now move onto buying ALL the "Ellis Crawford" novels.....FIVE STARS and more!

#2 Bought And Died For (Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries)
Chief Ellis Crawford is back, this time trying to solve the grisly murders of two lovers. Clues are slim until the former Marine begins to find the killer's mistakes. Solving this one may hinge on whether the killer will return to the scene of the crime or leave Crawford holding the bag! Literally, that is!

#3 NEW!!! Exit Here For Murder: Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries There is no such thing as an ex-Marine! Ten years service in the Marine Corp as a Military Policeman taught Ellis Crawford all about how to deal with suicide bombers. Now Police Chief in a small town in eastern North Carolina, Crawford searches for a serial rapist - with the full knowledge that his dispatcher/officer Ruby Lea Sutton may be the next victim!

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 8:06:57 AM PDT
Thanks for the oportunity to post. And, my sincere thanks to all the Kindlers who've bought my books.

CleanReadingMimi.com says: this is a great read for mystery buffs! The author is really good at weaving the story and setting up the characters so you care deeply about each one of them. I love this series! Just so you know, if you are an Amazon Prime customer and a kindle owner, you can borrow this book for free!

Readmedeadly.com says about this series, "For nature lovers, Annis Ward Jackson's Rachel Myers semi-cozy novellas, set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Appalachia, can be as addictive as popcorn. The author clearly knows and loves this haunted, story-soaked country; and sometimes touches - lightly and deftly - on the many environmental issues that plague the area."

Some reader comments on this series:
* "The descriptions of the scenery and mountains are wonderful!"
* "Murder mysteries are not my usual reading choice but Annis Ward Jackson could make me a convert!"
* "I am really enjoying this series and I highly recommend these books. The only thing that makes me happy when I finish a book is the knowledge that the next in the series awaits me!"
* "I love the descriptions of the horses and trail rides in your books as well as the gardening. My father is from West VA. I am a nurse. . .and that all just makes me love your books all the more. Your characters are wonderful!!! Thanks for such great books!"

#1 Blind Malice (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Rachel, returning to her birthplace to bury her blind father and arrange for the running of his farm, discovers that he may have been murdered in a particularly cruel but unprovable way and that his financial affairs are in severe disarray. She and Isaac, her father's octogenarian friend and farmhand, set out to find the killer and save the farm from salivating creditors. Old grudges and new money cast long shadows in these lovely mountains

#2 Blue Ridge Parkway Plunge (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) In the middle of settling in after moving from Arizona back to Sheppard County in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina where she was born, Rachel's late father's best friend since before she was born entreats her to investigate the death of an elderly friend who was found at the foot of a cliff on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and which has been ruled accident or suicide.

#3 Christmas Tree Wars (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Christmas trees are a big industry in the Appalachians. How far would a grower go to put his competition out of business? Myers' garden designer friend is missing, his wallet and cell phone are found in a field of dead Christmas trees, and she feels compelled to find him.

#4 The New River Blues (Rachel Myers Murder Mystery Series) Myers' friend, Aubrey Royce, concert violinist and naturalist, had made his life's ambition to protect his beloved New River. Now he lies waterlogged on its bank while she looks on in horror. Rachel butts heads with a chief deputy who takes exception to a private citizen who is also female becoming involved in the search for the killer.

#5 Appalachian Trail Mix (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Robby Barnett has taken a job half way across the country and Rachel Myers must deal with the empty space he left behind. Will he ever return? Hiking the Appalachian Trail, Myers discovers the mutilated body of a high school girl. There is no shortage of suspects but the killer may be closer than Rachel thinks.

#6 Mountain Mourning (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) In an effort to accommodate a friend who has just died under questionable circumstances, Rachel must go back thirty years to what may not even have been a murder. She learns how immutable the green-eyed monster can be and the violence it can spawn, even after three decades.

#7 High Country Coverup (Rachel Myers Murder Mystery Series) Myers ucovers corruption at the highest level of law enforcement when she learns that an innocent man has been tried and convicted, and sits in jail waiting to be sentenced.

#8 Mahogany Rock Falls: Satan's Casket (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) The chief of staff of Sheppard County Memorial Hospital has been found dead at the foot of a waterfall on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Myers is asked to find a nurse who went missing at the same time. Will the nurse be implicated?

#9 Brown Mountain Breakdown (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Rachel's friend, a young deputy sheriff, has committed suicide but Myers and Detective Robby Barnett find inexplicable discrepancies that they cannot bring themselves to ignore. While trying to learn what drove their young friend to kill himself, they come up against the late deputy's lover, a woman well-schooled in the art of murder.

New on Kindle - #10 Highland Games (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) The amateur sleuth is weary from overseeing a new wing being added to the retirement center where she is administrator. And she hasn't been sleeping well. Then her attention is diverted by a more chilling problem -- her inexplicable forgetfulness! Is it a case of exhaustion or is she threatened by someone from her past? Detective Robert "Robby" Burnett moves in to help Myers sort out the problem and identify the culprit before the plot takes a more violent turn!

$2.99 each, only on Kindle

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:44:25 AM PDT
Dear Jesus
Today I felt lots of Love and Grace,
Everyone had a happy face.
Thanks to all for showing love not fear,
That is what I hold most dear.
This enchanting prayer is one of two included in "A Day in the Life of Amanda" available on Amazon. E-book available for less than $2.99 on Smashwords.
See booktrailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOYo1bDMREA&feature=plcp..

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 3:24:05 PM PDT
Thanks for the opportunity to post. AWJ

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

5 star reviewers say:
*Love her writing style and am anxiously awaiting her future books. The stories were short, well written and in some cases, left you wanting them to continue. That's the mark of a good story teller you always want the next installment.
*All I can say is wow! What a treasure trove of short stories and articles, well worth the $2.99 price. I don't know what I enjoyed the most: Annis's reminiscing about her childhood, the stories about the unique people she's known, or the wonderful way she brings to life the woods and smells of the North Carolina mountains which she obviously loves so deeply. Some of her short stories are horrifying, such as McCauley's Garden; some are funny; all are absorbing.

This is 60,000+ word book is a collection of 17 short stories and 15 articles/essays, many of which were published in regional magazines over a period of several years. Many have to do with growing up in the mountains of North Carolina and others are the result of an irrepressible penchant for turning little slices of life into stories.

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains
Only on Kindle $2.99

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 3:42:48 PM PDT
Hello!

I've just published my first e-book on Kindle. I decided to publish a short story first to attract readers before publishing a full novel.

If you like psychological thrillers, you may like my novelette. It's only 99 cents this week!

MEAN: A psychological thriller novelette

Mean is a novelette (longer than a short-story but shorter than a novella) that follows Cassandra Connelly's therapy sessions. She goes to a psychiatrist seeking help, because she believes she is mean inside. She has anger issues, and there's a person she truly hates; so much she is convinced he or she deserves to die. She is thinking about killing said person - will the therapy help her decide not to kill somebody or push her to do exactly that?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 12:01:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 7:27:29 AM PDT
Those of you who may download a sample of Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln need to know that this 60,000 word novel has alternating narrators. The sample and "Look Inside the Book" contain only part of the first chapter which is narrated by Abram Enloe and can give the impression that the whole book is narrated by him. On the contrary, the wife, and then young Nancy Hanks, take their turns telling the story.

Reviewer comment:
*Annis Ward Jackson can be depended upon to produce a well-written and well-researched story.......ITT has really captivated me with its rich details and descriptions of early US people, their customs and influences. My interest in Abraham Lincoln has increased tremendously.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln
Walk along with Abraham Enloe, his wife Sarah, and their bondservant, Nancy Hanks, as their lives become inextricably intertwined.

Enloe, father of several children, is a successful farmer and well-respected magistrate in Puzzle Creek, a small community in the mountains of North Carolina in the early 1800's. He has battled the elements and wild animals, and fought in the Revolutionary War but nothing has prepared him for the overwhelming passion he comes to feel for young Nancy Hanks.

Enloe, Sarah, and Nancy narrate this story, each from their individual perspectives. Each account is filled with selfish and unselfish love, sensuality and lust, and joy and sorrow.

Into The Twilight: The True Origins of Abe Lincoln is based on traditional lore that goes back to the early 1800's. The story was common knowledge in western North Carolina but many accounts also appeared in newspapers around the country when Abraham Lincoln first ran for public office.

If actual proof (DNA is in the offing) could be found of Lincoln's having been born elsewhere, perhaps the story would fade away. Until then, the legend lives on.

$3.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 12:01:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 7:28:04 AM PDT
Into the Deep: A Story of Resolution

5 star Reviewer comments:
NEW * This was just an excellent book. The writing was so well done and obvious the author was so intrigued by the story. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great read and one that fully and totally absorbs your mind.
* I love everything I've read so far by this author (and no, I don't know her). Her writing and descriptions are beautiful in all of her books. The first sentence of this book is as follows: "The surface of the lake quivered, a steady breeze creating a never-ending ripple of diamonds as droplets caught the sun in their brief suspension." I can see the sun and the lake with its sparkling ripples, and I can feel the breeze.
*Into the Deep cannot be pigeon-holed into one category. Yes, it is fiction but historical details of the TVA's construction of Watauga Lake and other events such as the flood of 1940 are accurate. By the same token, ITD could be classified a murder/mystery. However, no matter the category, it is an excellent read!
*I loved this story of resolution, steeped full of historical facts and you felt a connection to the woman as she told it.

Against a backdrop of beautiful Watauga Lake in the mountains of eastern Tennessee comes the story of Violet Thurston Oliver, a descendant of pioneers and a woman with no intention of ever vacating the land that has been in her family for nearly two hundred years. However, Violet discovers that so-called progress grinds on with little concern for her personal feelings.

Proud, stoic, and self-sufficient, Violet withstands an abusive marriage and forced relocation from her beloved farm in the late 1940's when the Tennessee Valley Authority covered over six thousand acres with a dam to provide electricity and recreational opportunities.

The lake has been Violet's sorrow and her salvation. Will her fifty-year-old secret remain safe or will it rise from the depths and threaten the remaining years of a life of hard work, integrity and perserverance?

$3.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 12:29:34 PM PDT
Jade Kerrion says:
PRAISE AND RECOGNITION FOR "PERFECTION UNLEASHED" (A Double Helix Novel)
* Second place winner, Science Fiction, Royal Palm Literary Awards, 2011
* Finalist, Science Fiction, Next Generation Indie Book Awards, 2012
* "A breakout piece of science fiction"--Royal Palm Literary Award judge

Danyael Sabre's hard-won normal life is shattered when Galahad, the perfect human being, escapes from Pioneer Laboratories. The first era of the Genetic Revolution was peaceful; the second is headed for open war, with Danyael--a reluctant but powerful alpha empath--trapped at its heart.

Kindle ($0.99): Perfection Unleashed (Double Helix)
Paperback ($9.99): Perfection Unleashed: A Double Helix Novel (Volume 1)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 12:30:50 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~

Flies for the Mayans Five 5-star reviews, three 4-star reviews.

"a wonderful read" "brilliantly written" "It is not a book you finish and forget...if you enjoy this kind of satire, you are in for a ride."

God's having a bad day. Once upon a time, He made the mistake of dividing Heaven into realms and provinces, overseen by deities jostling for territory and profits. Now everything is sliding out of control. The one-time Creator of the Universe is estranged from his son, riddled with guilt, and fighting battles on multiple fronts. His few remaining rules are being bypassed, His angels are turning up dead.

Unless He can find out who is gunning for Him, the unthinkable might occur.

'Flies for the Mayans' is a violent dark comedy of post-Biblical proportions. Get ready for a roller-coaster ride into unexpected territory.

Flies for the Mayans

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:24:42 PM PDT
Gaspar The Thief

This is a new humorous fantasy adventure by British author, David A. Lindsay.

Follow the adventures of Gaspar, a freelance thief who stubbornly refuses to swear fealty to the Thieves' Guild. Finding himself entangled in a series of mishaps and misfortunes mostly of his own making, and facing looming retribution from every quarter, he finally departs his native city.

Aided by Hubris, a seller of spells who similarly declines to pay his dues to Wizards' Hall, and Marna, a feisty thiefess with a quick tongue and a quicker temper, Gaspar hopes to lie low for a while, but events continue to go awry, leading from one catastrophe to the next in quick succession.

Brigands, sells-swords, goblin warlords, scheming mages and even a tricksy wight all seem to have it in for him as he travels across the world of Lindor, blundering from one calamity to the next, and yet somehow always surviving to tell the tale.

Told with humour, this is an exciting romp based in a fantasy world where anything can, and usually does, happen!

Please visit the website at www.highland.co.uk.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:55:44 PM PDT
Story Time

Over 32- 4 and 5 star reviews! only $2.99~

This is a beautifully crafted book. Ms Jeppsen has done a brilliant job of portraying the entire gamut of human emotions and personalities, - from weakness to strength, despair to hope, immorality to compassion, grief to peace. Her characters are utterly believable and her descriptions of events put you in the midst of the action. It is well-paced and maintains the tension throughout.

I loved the book and recommend highly. Well done, Ms. Jeppsen.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 4:18:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 11:58:38 AM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post, and thanks readers for using your valuable time to read about my under $3.00 Kindle downloads. I hope you have children in your home.

SHORT STORIES FOR CHILDREN

HEAVEN-BOUND OR HELL-BOUND? (THE ZON TWINS) - Don't let the title fool you. There's humor in these nine short stories even though they are about the vital truth that Christ within us is salvation.

As we know, rivalry between peers often runs deep, especially between twins. The rivalry between nine-year-old twins Rosie and Josie Zon intensifies after Rosie accepts Jesus Christ as Savior. The bickering between the twins will delight young readers and at the same time introduce them to the concept that Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. Though written for juvenile readers, adults in my church are saying they could hardly wait to get to the end of these short stories to see if Josie ever became a Christian. The short stories averages about 1550 words each. Kindle price $2.99.

TIME IS TICKING - Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

If you want to instill character building traits in children, I think these fables will help. When writing fables, bunnies can be handicapped and sad, but learn perseverance. Squirrels can stop being miserable after exercising courage. Beavers can have a hard time using good judgment, and monkeys can tell so many lies, they can endanger their families. The other stories that teach character building are about kindness, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, and working together. Time is ticking because if children fail to learn good character traits early in life, when young thy may walk on your toes; when older they may walk on your heart. My daughter Gina Langston, a teacher, helped me with these short stories. Kindle price $ 2.99.

FOR TODDLERS - Illustrator Frances A. Wainwright

THE CREATION (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

The creation story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses is based on the Bible. The first drawing with the verse is the illustrators imagination of each creation day. The second illustration to each days creation shows little ones relating to God's day of creation. We start and end each of the four books in the series the same way since repetition is important to little ones. It is our sincere belief that the four books in this series will give your toddles or little ones a head start to knowing the God of the Universe, our Heavenly Father. Kindle price $2.99

GOD'S WAYS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

This story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses in the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series is about God's ways. Using scriptures, we introduce God's characteristics in illustrations that will teach your child that God is kind, good, holy, mysterious, all-powerful, just, wise, ever-present, worthy, truth, eternal, and love. Just imagine how it will benefit your toddler to start learning these fundamental truths now. Frances and I hope they grow up and fall in love with God as we have. Kindle price $2.99.

TEN COMMANDMENTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

Just imagine how much easier raising a child to adulthood would be if they learn and obey the ten commandments from their youth. Writing the ten commandment about adultery was quite a challenge, but I think you will be pleased at the way we handled that commandment. Enjoy the illustrations, rhyming verses, and scripture that tell about the rules God gave to Moses so man could have a happier life on this earth. Kindle price $2.99.

HIS GIFTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

As parents, we know the greatest gift God gave was His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. Using pen and ink and water color, Frances illustrated my rhyming verses about God's other gifts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, wisdom, time, strength, and life. Our hope is the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series will make your little ones grow up with the knowledge that he or she is loved by an awesome God. Kindle price $2.99.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 7:17:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2012 2:03:48 PM PDT
Gardening season is here!

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

PRACTICAL GARDENING consists of 19 previously published articles (21,500 words) that offer workable solutions for garden problems; all advice is based on several decades of personal experience. Because pictures embedded with text on Kindle are black and white (gray scale, actually) I have uploaded a selection of photographs of my gardens that may be accessed by clicking on the above link, then clicking on See All 22 Customer Images which is located just below the PRACTICAL GARDENING cover image.

Purchasers may request photographs of other items such as seeding beds, tools, and/or specific plants mentioned in PG by leaving a comment on my Author Central Page.

Practical Gardening: Sensible Solutions for Down to Earth Gardeners

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Perennials
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Flowers > Bulbs
#9 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Lifestyle & Home > Home & Garden > Gardening & Horticulture > Techniques > Container Gardening

$3.99 on Kindle

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 9:25:11 AM PDT
A bargain $1.61 for my novel These Three Guys

These Three Guys

David is a thirty something slacker, just returned home and looking for work.
Robert is an obsessive stand up comic who needs a driver for two weeks.
It looks like the perfect double act.

At first everything is pretty fine as they tour round the country in their battered VW camper.
But out on the road they discover a secret bunker, a lake of death, squirrel memorials and a hydro-electric pixie cottage.
And David starts to wonder...

Just what are they doing, where are they going and is the joke really on him?

"Reads like a comic road movie written by Christopher Brookmyre or Colin Bateman".....Lucca Trondheim

Hope you like it.

Jim

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 6:59:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 7:00:27 AM PDT
J. Buxton says:
In the Path of The Wicked

99 cents! Enjoy and thanks!

Josh Buxton

The 11 diabolical short stories included within "In the Path of The Wicked" are a mix of both familiar "urban legends" and new, unique tales of the macabre. Some you will have heard in part before. Some only your sense of fear will recognize. But all will take you to that hauntingly dark place where evil lurks around every corner, leaving you scared that The Wicked will soon find its way into your life.

It is with great pleasure that I present these terrifying accounts to you, in hopes that a few of the stories, if not all, will give you permanent nightmares, as well as frighten you in broad daylight.

Stories Included:

Backbone - First your neighbor's lights go out, then ten minutes later so do yours. Just go downstairs and flip the breaker, right?

Unknown Number - You get a call from a number you don't know. Sure you should answer?

Emma - Your little girl tells you her doll has invited some friends over to spend the night. You'd better stay awake and make sure she's not telling the truth.

Achilles Tendon - What could be more painful than having yours cut?

Retaliation - Next time you kill a spider, think about who's watching you do it.

Von Booker - Do you check your backseat every time you get into your car?

The Seventh Time - Serial killers walk among us... I hope they don't choose you.

Room Nineteen - You're so tired from a long drive that any old motel will do. Don't stay at the Colonial.

The Foot of the Bed - Your child tells you something keeps coming to visit him at night. You should sleep with him and find out for yourself.

Timing - Ever been stopped beneath a highway underpass? You won't allow yourself to be after this.

Hell's Corner - Springtime in the little town of Morral. The usual killings start again. Why doesn't anyone do something about it? A big city detective finds out why.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:41:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 2, 2012 8:09:22 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:51:12 AM PDT
Dave T says:
My novel Murder Me is 2.99. Murder Me (A novel. Suspense/thriller.)

Since publishing the book a little more than 2 months ago, I have kept the price here and hope readers appreciate that. I want to give readers a quality book but also give them a good price.

Sssh! Do you hear it? There is murder in the air. Pregnant Ashley Ferguson thinks it is another ordinary night leaving her part-time job at the CVX pharmacy. Oh, but it is not. Two drunk, sinister strangers abduct the twenty-three year old, on the way to her car. Ashley finds herself in a terrifying life or death struggle.

"My baby!" she pleads. "Please. This will be my first child. If something were to happen-"

"Are you deaf?" one of her attackers snaps. "We told you we don't want to hear about your kid. If you're looking for sympathy you're not gonna get it. So hush!"

Will Ashley and her unborn baby be murdered, and dumped in the woods behind the shopping center? Or will she somehow survive what will likely go down as the most shocking crime to occur in Wichita, New Jersey in decades?

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:32:52 AM PDT
Karen Mead says:
The Problem With Black Magic (The Familiar Series)

Just posted this in the Paranormal thread, but since it's also $2.99 I figure it should go here as well. First in an urban/contemporary fantasy series, may appeal to readers who enjoy Twilight, The Hollows, The Dresden Files, The Mercy Thompson series, etc. I took many of the elements I loved from the genre and combined them into something I would really want to read, so obviously I hope other readers enjoy it as well.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 12:51:06 PM PDT
Murder In Dordogne (Robbie Cutler Diplomatic Mysteries) - the wines and fine food were planned for this honeymoon in the Dordogne fregion of southwest France - the murders were not! This is the latest diplomatic mystery - follow Robbied Cutler and Sylvie his bride as the murders come too closde to home!

Here's a recent review:

"I absorbed Robbie Cutler's book from two different perspectives. One following an exciting murder mystery and the other from it's historical aspect. The historical perspective filled in the missing pieces of my knowledge of this European section during the war. It has been a journey into the past learning what really took place in France during the time of the German occupation. We knew the French Resistance was active, but Robbie Cutler's book gives an insiders insight into the period. At the same time as investigating the movements of the Resistance and its enemies, Robbie attempts to solve the murder of his Uncle's Seth's fiancee.

Following Robbie and his new bride on their honeymoon made it all the more interesting, as they visited all the most beautiful sights in the Dordogne region of France. The reader can almost taste the wines and various gourmet delights of France as they journey through the country, picking up clues as they go along."

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:56:22 PM PDT
Unexplained Love
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1733
Total posts:  7952
Initial post:  Aug 22, 2010
Latest post:  6 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 63 customers

Search Customer Discussions