Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Welcome Readers To Our Writers Corner #8

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6551-6575 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 18, 2012 10:01:28 AM PDT
Hi, everyone - Stopping by to do a bit of shameless promotion for a book that supports a great cause: that of rescued/homeless animals. Don't know if any of you ever visit the Animal Rescue Site but, if not, it's a great charity; you can click on it daily and they donate bowls of food to shelters across the country.

That said, they've compiled a book of animal stories and all proceeds go to said cause. Here is the link if you're interested: 100 Heartwarming Stories From The Animal Rescue Site

Thanks; gotta get back to editing (YAY!...not)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:04:49 AM PDT
R.C. Drake says:
Very good, Germano, (Condor)

You can link here as well as leave your website, Facebook, & Twitter info here.

Rhonda

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:07:25 AM PDT
R.C. Drake says:
Buddy!

BIGGER ICECREAM HUG RIGHT BACK AT CHEW!

Parting movie line, then I have to be off to work:

"Good evening. Welcome to China Blue Airlines, Flight 69, nonstop service to paradise. We'll be taking off shortly.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:27:49 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
I don't even have a guess on that one, Rhonda.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:33:26 AM PDT
Thanks Rhonda, you're a peach!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:44:08 AM PDT
Don' mess wit me, Rhonda. Don' doit. I got frien's in Texis, an' they don' take to anyone messin' wit me. See?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:49:48 AM PDT
I *love* Bukaroo Banzai! One of the greatest SF comedy movies ever made. Too bad the sequel was shelved; it might have been great. "Real soon now."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 10:53:31 AM PDT
recluse says:
I'm from New York.

You threaten Rhonda, they ain't gonna find your body.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 11:16:32 AM PDT
Hard to remember ribbons and the different types that were developed. In a way I miss them, I'll bet 'INK' is my biggest cost in having a computer. The companies could give you the printer, they make enough on the ink. I'll bet the container cost them more to make then the cost of the ink.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 11:23:36 AM PDT
Times change more then I like to see, but so does the body and I sure don't like that either. I hate it when what you really like to do, is just a memory. I dislike the fact that I can't be on stage each week singing, but age sure takes away you vocal range, but then you don't look the same either. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 12:27:20 PM PDT
Condor says:
Jesus: a hell of a secret

www.germanodalcielo.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/germano.dalcielo
https://twitter.com/#!/germano79

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 12:49:08 PM PDT
Edwin Stark says:
Didn't Kathleen Turner say that in "Crimes of Passion" ?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 12:52:42 PM PDT
P.L. Blair says:
Coming in way far behind posts again ... So I'm just starting here rather than try to play ketchup. Monday and Tuesday kind of fell apart on me. Nothing terrible, just super busy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 1:40:31 PM PDT
recluse says:
PL!

*BIG HUG*

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 1:41:43 PM PDT
I've re-injured my ankle moving furniture and appliances for floor repairs. It is most painful when I sit, so haven't been on the pc much, but I have to add my story to the Star Wars conversation.

We were visiting California when Star Wars came into a nearby drive in. Our two kids at the time were one and two and had never been to a movie. (We were living in Alaska at the time, so movies with kids were out.) The two year old fell asleep in the back seat before we reached the drive in. My daughter, the younger one, climbed onto her dad's lap in the driver's seat and pulled herself up on the steering wheel. It was muggy hot and we had all the car windows down. When the picture started, Brandy began swinging on the steering wheel. Suddenly, she began squealing and laughing as she moved the wheel. She was so loud nearby patrons began shouting her down. The sweetheart thought she was making the picture move! She would not be stopped. Her brother woke up, crawled over the seat and joined her. We rolled up the windows so we could laugh too. I'm sure everyone at the movie hated us that night. I will never again be able to watch a Star Wars movie without smiling a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 1:44:46 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
What a great memory, Patricia!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 1:46:28 PM PDT
Ixtila says:
Morning all!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 4:07:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2012 4:07:41 PM PDT
Not sure who to thank, so I'll thank everyone here on this thread. Between Shirley's review and the flurry of tweeting and linking and liking, I sold five books today, four different titles! It's not much, but it doubles my monthly sales already. I'd like to think my new fb page also helped, but I've only gotten 14 followers so far, so unlikely. You guys are the best!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 4:16:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2012 4:29:12 PM PDT
The first time we took my daughter to a drive-in movie (and oh how I miss drive-in movies), she was three. We kept urging her to watch the movie and finally she said "What movie?" She was too short to see over the dash.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 4:24:17 PM PDT
Hi everyone- whasup?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 4:34:01 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
Great, SW!! I hope it continues.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 4:34:14 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
LOL!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 4:36:50 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
Same old, same old, Nel. Although we did have a little excitement here this evening. My younger granddaughter saw a lizard in her bedroom, so we practically demolished the bedroom catching the darn thing. I just hope it was one that wandered in while they had the door standing open (as they usually do), and that there's not a nest of them in the house someplace. I know they eat bugs, but I'd just as soon not have one in my bed with me. Yick.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 4:45:29 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
Can't hang around tonight, but hope everyone else has a great evening. See ya tomorrow!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 5:14:57 PM PDT
recluse says:
Good night, MM
*BIG HUG*
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1952 May 27, 2016
The Wordsmyth is in the 18th Dimension (and it's so strange!) 1917 1 minute ago
Welcome To The Kindle Comfort Inn - 5 we are rolling over . Come join us! 3209 4 minutes ago
Welcome Readers, To Our Writers' Corner #22 2220 24 minutes ago
Talk about your book! 8164 59 minutes ago
Authors post your shamless plugs here - 9444 59 minutes ago
Authors: Promote Your Books Here! 5691 1 hour ago
Indie authors self-promote your Kindle E-Books - II 1660 1 hour ago
Do your totally shameless plug here 5808 1 hour ago
Do You Have A Kindle Book? Post It Here! (2) 5191 1 hour ago
Kindle Books Under $5.00 By Indie Author's 4224 1 hour ago
Cozy Up with Cozy Readers and Writers: a thread for those who read and/or write cozy mysteries and their friends 6851 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2012
Latest post:  May 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions