Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

I LOVE Fiction! Have You Written Any?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 676-700 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:57:33 PM PDT
Hello Everyone!

Are you in the mood for a Mystery/Suspense read over Father's Day? A few suggestions:

"VANISHED" (N/A) $4.90

DELIVER US FROM EVIL $2.99

TIME FOR A KILLING $2.99

To Catch a Killer $7.69

Ten Sunset Plaza Drive $3.99

Hope you might give these books a shot.

Best regards,

John L.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:40:42 PM PDT
S.J.C. says:
Jason Jakson and the Paper Moon
Hello world! For the love of all things free... here is a book for you!!

Hi there! My name is Stephen Clarke, the author of Jason Jakson and the Paper Moon, which for the next three days is FREE! Yes, thats right, no purchase necessary. NO strings attatched. Nothing to lose, so much to gain. You see, I am an aspiring new author with an aspiring goal... to see Jason Jakson on top of the free list!

World, here is your chance to take total advantage of someone. Not only have I worked tirelessly on writing, and illustrating this novel, but I am also quite certain any and every reader will enjoy it, and should have the oppurtunity to read it. You all now have the wonderful oppurtunity to download it for free. Seize the day, take hold of it, and don't let go!

What's the catch? There is none, dear reader! For the LOVE OF ALL THINGS FREE, take advantage of me right now and download Jason Jakson. Spread the word, because this a gift for you! Happy downloading!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:24:34 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 25, 2012 10:52:44 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:33:13 AM PDT
RK says:
Wings Of Freedom, twelve glowing reviews (5 and 4 stars)

In the latest review of June 20, 2012 posted on amazon, Serena Fairfax (UK) says:

"...a sweet, gentle romance"
"The tone of the book is indeed pleasing."
"An enjoyable, well-researched read."

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:02:20 AM PDT
Hi, Everyone!

Marcus MacGregor, here. I've just written a teen action/adventure novel, called Wade Boss: Hybrid Hunter.

You can buy it in paperback or ebook form. The website is pretty cool, too: www.wadeboss.com.

Totally a summer vacation kind of read! (No foul language or salacious garbage, either!)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:45:35 AM PDT
David Wen says:
Fire Competition: Fa Kei Sum's Story

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 2:59:08 PM PDT
CUTTING THE CHEESE (122 pages)

It's that time of the month when the local Gay Activists gather for their board meeting to discuss the important events and issues of the day. In this case, they convene in a wealthy, local hob-nob's estate, which proves to be a distraction, because the end-of-meeting party is the main event. To this assembly comes a variety of yahoos more intent on each other, the music, the gossip and in cutting the cheese. Luke Oliver, a newbie, just out of the closet, is overwhelmed by these veterans of the gay scene - the queens, the hardliners, the snobs, the pretty boys and the chicken hawks. Then into this assortment comes Luke's date, a wave maker of a different sort. A laugh riot testiment to hypocrisy and poor party planning, Cutting the Cheese is a romp down the funny bone that will have you chuckling long after you close the last page. Boyz in the Band move over. (double-snap).

also see:
BOBBY'S TRACE
NO IRISH NEED APPLY
and all three novellas together in Oh, Dainty Triolet

Here's what readers say about Cutting the Cheese

"Patterson, as omniscient narrator, understands that our lives and our relationships are full of agendas, often hidden, somtimes greedy, and he refuses to favor one character over another, even the newbie. A fun book (each chapter is named with a different kind of cheese) that belongs on every shelf." - Libby Cone

"The characters are vivid; (I'm certain I know one or two personally), the setting is masterfully detailed; (I could easily see it as a movie, or better yet... a theatrical production) and the pace; frantic and fevered. Hold on tight, because this trip through the lavender 'newbie shredder' is not for the faint of heart. Wickedly funny." - Timothy Mulder

"This is one nail-biting, back-stabbing, hair-pulling thrill of a ride. With the sweetest of love stories set right in the middle. I laughed so hard, I felt guilty." - Thomas Riccobuono

"Edward C Patterson offers a hilarious and engaging look into the challenges and opportunities one faces when coming out. Each of Patterson's characters are carefully crafted and I enjoyed meeting each one and seeing how their hopes, fears, desires, and manias would play out as the ever building collision course of personalities, hormones, jealousies, agendas, and love climaxed at the novel's conclusion." - Todd Fonseca, TMBOA.com

"With Cutting the Cheese, Ed Patterson allows us a glimpse of the Gay Hierarchy, as he calls it on the back cover of his vividly written novel. A very hilarious glimpse, but still with enough depth to linger." - Rebecca Lerwill

"Patterson's cleverness and sharp wit shines in this fast paced novel. There is plenty of cheese to keep the reader crack-ing up!" J.R. Reardon

"This book deserves to made into a play - the diverse range of characters would keep any audience interested, while the dialogue would have them laughing and thinking." - Yale Jaffe

"Although I am into Mr. Patterson's wonderful Jade Owl Series and the companion Sister series, there has never been a book I've read of his that is not written to the T's and whatever the genre plain wonderfully good reading." - ellen george, Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer

Edward C. Patterson
author of Cutting the Cheese

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:31:26 PM PDT
Story Time

Story Time now has over 32- four and five star reviews! Nominated as the best read of 2011 by the PRG, this science fiction, post-apocalyptic novel is now only $2.99!

This review is from Story Time (Kindle Edition)
I had no idea when I started this book it would involve aliens, ha-ha, I normally avoid such stories but I am glad I did not know. The story line is well done, believable, engrossing, and hopeful.
I truly enjoyed this book, and would look for more by this author. ~~
This review is from: Story Time (Kindle Edition)
I greatly enjoyed reading Storytime. The flow was excellent and the characters vividly described. I also liked the different aliens in the book. Certain elements were a little incongruous...but overall I would definitely recommend it! As soon as I finished it, I ran over and downloaded it on to my dad's kindle. I look forward to her next novel!!!

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:47:38 AM PDT
The Millionaire Falls Hard

To celebrate going on holiday I'm offering 'The Millionaire Falls Hard' FREE for three days - 29th June, 30th June, 1st July. It now includes an excerpt for my next novel 'Heat in the Kitchen' which will be published this summer.

Why not grab a freebie for your own holiday reading. The Millionaire Falls Hard has been described as a sweet love story by some and as a steamy read by others. I wonder which one you'll go for?

Happy holidays and summer reading!

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:54:24 AM PDT
All In
Don't play poker against Carla and expect to win, you might lose more than just a hand of cards.

The Dancing Boy
Becoming mentally unravelled, an ex-soldier returns to Afghanistan to search for the boy who saved his life aware he has been sold into child sex slavery. Stunning.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:53:04 AM PDT
Spring says:
The Last Christian On Earth

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:52:54 PM PDT
Profit From Sharing Your Stories When You Publish Ebooks Through Amazon and B&N (Ebooks About Ebooks) is the perfect anytime gift for your writer friends thinking about publishing ebooks. Lots of tips and suggestions that will benefit even experienced authors. There's a bonus chapter about how easy it is to format your book in MicroSoft Word and upload it directly to Amazon. You won't need to pay costly conversion fee and go through a publishing service when you can do it yourself.

Enjoy often... John
Author of the popular Ebooks about Ebooks series.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:05:05 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
In Arabella Abides, award-winning writer Ian Fraser combines romance, history, fantasy, adventure, and a taste for mind-bending philosophical speculation in the tradition of Philip K Dick, Umberto Eco, and Haruki Murakami.

At the end of the 19th century, a young heir of a famous Cooking Guild, Arabella, is trying to escape from a menacing castle in the Carpathian mountains and her impending arranged marriage to a sinister Count.

In a parallel universe, another young Arabella, a product of a dystopian society, awakens from hyper-sleep aboard a starship headed toward an unknown destination.

Arabella Abides is a literary puzzle that slowly takes shape through multiple storylines and over hundreds of years, bringing the two heroines together. Wild as a video game, this is an adventure on an epic scale.

The book is available in three separate parts, or as one gigantic read.

Arabella Abides (Book One) Arabella Abides (Book Two) Arabella Abides (Book Three)
or Arabella Abides (The Complete Trilogy)

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:23:49 PM PDT
Hello! My first published story is called: The Mystery of Silver Lake

No reviews yet, but here is the description:

When Sylvia runs away to Silver Lake she is looking to escape from all the drama and heartbreak she found at college. Instead, she finds something much worse: murder. She finds that Jesse, while he seems nice enough, is actually hiding a dark past that she would never have guessed at in a million years. The town's people tell her to leave if she knows what's good for her but she is determined to give Jesse the second chance he's never had.

Happy reading :)

My next story will be published by (hopefully) the end of July. It will be dedicated to the late great Ray Bradbury (it was actually started before he passed away).

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 4:25:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 12:02:49 PM PDT
Hi! Thanks for the opportunity to post, and thanks readers for using your valuable time to read about my novels, short stories, and the illustrated devotions for little ones.

THE CURSE was WRITTEN FOR YOUNG ADULTS, but it's a good read for adults, especially those who were teenagers in the 1950's and 1960's. Hopefully, you'll want to curl up in your favorite chair and treat yourself to a year in Karla's chaotic world after reading the first three chapters on Amazon by typing in THE CURSE by Carol Thigpen Moore. Adding my name will save you time since so many people use the word "curse" in their titles. THE CURSE is an insightful book about forbidden first love, living with bipolar, and dealing with prejudice. This novel derives its title from Karla's battles with depression. In this approximately 72,500 word novel, sixteen-year-old Karla Stevens struggles with fearful dreams, first love, and Christian faith. She has always detested prejudice in others, but discovers a family secret that teaches her that she is also prejudiced. If you like realistic fiction, you should enjoy this story with its 1963 setting.

HANNAH'S QUEST FOR LOVE - "Why doesn't Papa love me?" is the question that screams from Hannah's soul.

Hannah, a Jewish maiden, wants one thing in life, her father's love. She has one hope. If God chooses her to be the virgin to bring forth his son, she's sure her papa will love her. This book paints a picture of life in ancient Israel when God, who had not communicated with His chosen people for over 400 years, sends John the Baptist and Jesus to reach out to the Israelite people once again. Enjoy this time in history through Hannah's eyes. On Kindle this approximately 67,500 word count novel is $3.99.

SHORT STORIES FOR CHILDREN

TIME IS TICKING - Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

If you want to instill character building traits in children, I think these fables will help. When writing fables, bunnies can be handicapped and sad, but learn perseverance. Squirrels can stop being miserable after exercising courage. Beavers can have a hard time using good judgment, and monkeys can tell so many lies, they can endanger their families. The other stories that teach character building are about kindness, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, and working together. Time is ticking because if children fail to learn good character traits early in life, when young thy may walk on your toes; when older they may walk on your heart. My daughter Gina Langston, a teacher, helped me with these short stories. Kindle price $ 2.99.

HEAVEN-BOUND OR HELL-BOUND? (THE ZON TWINS) - Don't let the title fool you. There's humor in these nine short stories even though they are about the vital truth that Christ within us is salvation.

As we know, rivalry between peers often runs deep, especially between twins. The rivalry between nine-year-old twins Rosie and Josie Zon intensifies after Rosie accepts Jesus Christ as Savior. The bickering between the twins will delight young readers and at the same time introduce them to the concept that Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. Though written for juvenile readers, adults in my church are saying they could hardly wait to get to the end of these short stories to see if Josie ever became a Christian. The short stories average about 1550 words each. Kindle price $2.99.

DEVOTIONS FOR LITTLE ONES, devotions you will read over and over while cuddling your baby in your lap. Illustrator is Frances A. Wainwright.

THE CREATION (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

The creation story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses is based on the Bible. The first drawing with the verse is the illustrators imagination of each creation day. The second illustration to each days creation shows little ones relating to God's day of creation. We start and end each of the four books in the series the same way since repetition is important to little ones. It is our sincere belief that the four books in this series will give your little ones a head start to knowing the God of the Universe, our Heavenly Father. Kindle price $2.99

GOD'S WAYS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

This story done in pen and ink and water colors with rhyming verses in the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series is about God's ways. Using scriptures, we introduce God's characteristics in illustrations that will teach your child that God is kind, good, holy, mysterious, all-powerful, just, wise, ever-present, worthy, truth, eternal, and love. Just imagine how it will benefit your "lap baby" to start learning these fundamental truths now. Frances and I hope they grow up and fall in love with God as we have. Kindle price $2.99.

TEN COMMANDMENTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

Think about how much easier raising a little one through those difficult teenage years would be for you and them if they learn to obey the Ten Commandments while very young. Writing the ten commandment about adultery was quite a challenge, but I think you will be pleased at the way we handled that commandment. Enjoy the illustrations, rhyming verses, and scripture that tell about the rules God gave to Moses to help man have a happier life on this earth. Kindle price $2.99.

HIS GIFTS (LITTLE ONES AND GOD)

As parents, we know the greatest gift God gave was His only begotten son to die on the cross for our sins. Using pen and ink and water color, Frances illustrated my rhyming verses about God's other gifts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, wisdom, time, strength, and life. Our hope is the LITTLE ONES AND GOD series will make your little one grow up with the knowledge that he or she is loved by an awesome God. Kindle price $2.99.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:09:16 PM PDT
CUTTING THE CHEESE - 122 pages

It's that time of the month when the local Gay Activists gather for their board meeting to discuss the important events and issues of the day. In this case, they convene in a wealthy, local hob-nob's estate, which proves to be a distraction, because the end-of-meeting party is the main event. To this assembly comes a variety of yahoos more intent on each other, the music, the gossip and in cutting the cheese. Luke Oliver, a newbie, just out of the closet, is overwhelmed by these veterans of the gay scene - the queens, the hardliners, the snobs, the pretty boys and the chicken hawks. Then into this assortment comes Luke's date, a wave maker of a different sort. A laugh riot testiment to hypocrisy and poor party planning, Cutting the Cheese is a romp down the funny bone that will have you chuckling long after you close the last page. Boyz in the Band move over. (double-snap).

also see:
BOBBY'S TRACE
NO IRISH NEED APPLY
and all three novellas together in Oh, Dainty Triolet

Here's the opening paragraph (a bit laundered) to CUTTING THE CHEESE:

Kelly Rodriguez struggled with the plastic grocery bags while trying to shut the back door.
"Kelly? Is that you?" Mortimer shouted from the recesses of the living room.
Kelly swept into the kitchen balancing the bags.
"No, it's Tom Cruise," he said. He flung the bags on the butcher block, waving his hands about his nose. "I was in the neighborhood, found these fracking bags of cheese and thought they needed a home."
No response.
Kelly rolled his eyes and, placing his hands on his hips, did his best impression of a salad cruet.
"Would you help me? This is your carp anyway!" He slammed his palm on the counter, and then muttered, "I'm not having the gay scary fairies of New Birch meeting."
Kelly caught his reflection in the polished flour canister.

Edward C. Patterson
author of Cutting the Cheese

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 7:38:06 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 28, 2012 8:27:10 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:36:45 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Ey Wade

This story is fiction, but it has been fact; a woman who wants a child, a single mother with a baby, a distracted daycare worker are the ingredients of every parent's nightmare. The Perfect Solution-A suspense of choices $3.00

At age 10, Durham killed his abuser. Now he's coming home to Shiningbal, Texas, to defend all the other children who lost their innocence at the hands of men who thought they could get away with their perversions because no one would believe their victims. Suddenly, the message 'Life Demands Action' starts appearing in mailboxes, and pillars of the community are disappearing. But has Durham crossed the line from hero to monster? THE FISHING TRIP-A TRIAL BY WATER, EXECUTION AND A DELIVERANCE OF RETRIBUTION $3.00

Debney Nichole Armstrong thought she knew everything about her family. She knew her dad worked hard at everything, except building a relationship with his family. She knew her younger brothers were typical little kids, and she knew her mother, for some unknown reason, disliked her first born and only daughter.

What she really needed to know was did her mother contribute to the `accident'? Who is the man repeatedly mentioned in her mother's journals? Where were the bodies of her ten year old twin brothers, and who is the father of the child she now carries? No matter what the answers are, Debney knows, nothing will ever be the same. D.N.A. -Nothing Would Ever be the Same $3.00

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:37:41 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
The Gage Project $4.99
When things go wrong, when we hurt, when we're sad, it's good to know that we're not alone. It helps to know someone cares.

When Inknbeans Press learned Gage Bailey was going to undergo surgery, and endure a long and uncomfortable recover, with scars he would never be able to hide, we asked a few people to put together some funny stories and points for a little book.

We thought we'd get nine or ten.

We got more than forty. And people offered artwork, editing services, a book trailer, support and marketing. The profits from this endeavor will go to helping other children who are facing surgery or treatment which require a long recovery, primarily through Ronald McDonald House.

No one affiliated with this book is making any money from it. The only payment we're getting is to be able to tell a kid he's not alone.

People care.

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:38:16 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Perle Butcher Lyon

In 1936 the world was in turmoil; depression swept over the land stealing jobs and hope, and from Europe came rumblings of another war. Women had few choices: they could teach, nurse or marry, and none of these options brought a guarantee of a better life. Chances for success and for happiness were still in the iron grip of men...

Sydney Stone lost everything when her father's shipping boat sank just outside Hickman's Harbour, Newfoundland during an early storm. She lost her livelihood, her new husband and her only hope at love and family. Rescued by the one person in town less liked than herself, she entered into what she believed was to be a marriage of convenience; he had a boat and she had the experience to run a successful fishing fleet. Unfortunately, there was nothing about that marriage that proved convenient for either of them. The Wreck of the Sidonie Stone $2.99

Coming this summer, The Dutch Doctor

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:39:19 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Kitty Sutton

175 years ago, the U.S. Army, under orders from the government, forced hundreds of thousands of Native Americans from their land, promising them food, shelter, protection and a peaceful existence in the area then called Indian Territory. Thousands died on the Trail of Tears and thousands more died when they reached their promised land of plenty, and found it alien and empty, with tainted food, and no way to make shelter or farm or hunt for themselves . Still mourning the loss of her family, including her little brother, Sasa finds a new friend in a wounded dog of a breed never seen in the United States before. The dog she names Wheezer, a Jack Russell Terrier, will become her protector and partner as she seeks answers to the missing food and broken promises which are killing her people. Wheezer And the Painted Frog (Mysteries From the Trail of Tears) $2.99

Coming this summer, Wheezer & the Shy Coyote

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:40:07 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Nicole Storey

The Grimsley Hollow series is a new look at heroes and villains, witches, werewolves, pixies, fairies and vampires. When an evil witch tries to take over the peaceful place where magical creatures live, there is only one person who can save them: an eleven year old autistic boy named Gage.

Can a boy with autism who loves Halloween and has no friends defeat an evil witch in another world? You'll have to journey to Grimsley Hollow with him to find out! Watch out for the vampires, werewolves, and other magical beings that usually only dwell in our nightmares. In Grimsley Hollow, they are very much alive...and very dangerous! Grimsley Hollow - The Chosen One $2.99

Grimsley Hollow is the home of all the magical creatures who once lived on Earth. Evil forces are trying to take over this realm, and destroy the peace and respect which has existed between different races. Eve, a young witch, records in her journal the events which lead them to seek the one person who can help them survive: The Chosen One. Grimsley Hollow - Eve of the Beginning $1.59

Coming soon, Grimsley Hollow: The Search For Siren

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:40:54 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Rusty Coats

Ever picked up an old button and wonder about the woman who wore it? Ever run your hand over a battered desk and imagine the life of the man who worked there? Jonah Morgan knows. Every time he touches something he knows the hurts, the horrors, and the happiness of everyone who has touched that item before; unfortunately, he can also see the future joy and sorrow as clearly as he can see the past and there is nothing he can do to stop it. When he witnesses a plane crash that will take the lives of a high school basketball team on their way to a championship, no one will listen to him. He knows these deaths will tear a town apart, destroy marriages and faith, and this time he will not let the future repeat itself. Out Of Touch $2.99

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:42:33 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Hugh Ashton

Three previously unknown accounts in the case files of Sherlock Holmes, discovered and transcribed by Hugh Ashton: The Odessa Business, the Case of the Missing Matchbox and The Case of the Cormorant. Tales From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD $2.99

Hugh Ashton has been digging deeper in the deed box that originally belonged to Dr Watson, the friend and colleague of the celebrated detective Sherlock Holmes. He has unearthed three more tales referred to in the original books, but never before released to the public: Colonel Warburton's Madness; the Paradol Chamber; and the Giant Rat of Sumatra. More From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD $2.99

The deed box of Dr Watson, presented to me some time ago by a friend who rescued it from the archives of a London bank, continues to produce treasures. The stories in this collection, which I have entitled Secrets from the Deed Box of John H Watson MD, all represent some aspect of Holmes and his adventures that has previously been undiscovered. Secrets From the Deed Box of John H Watson, MD (The Deed Box of John H. Watson MD) $2.99

Tales of Old Japanese is a collection of five short stories of the older generation living in contemporary Japan. The author has spent over 20 years living in the country, working as a writer and journalist. Some of his impressions of Japan and of the people who live there have been recorded in:

Keiko's House: An old house, its history, and the history of those who have lived there in the past.
Haircuts: When 92-year-old Mr Kato changes his barber, his life takes on a surprising new meaning.
Click: One photograph every day. The memories of twenty years, all neatly arranged in albums. Mrs Terada's camera sees everything.
Mrs Sakamoto's Grouse: When Mrs Sakamoto sees a new brand of whisky on the shelves of her local neighbourhood shop, the result is unexpected.
The Old House: Two boys play in the garden of a deserted house once owned by a notorious miser; which turns out not to be deserted after all. Tales of Old Japanese $2.99

Beneath Gray Skies describes a 1920s world that might have been, had the American Civil War never been fought. The new Nazi party in Germany, Confederates, and British and American intelligence services engage in intrigue and treachery, as the giant Bismarck-the largest Zeppelin yet constructed-crosses the Atlantic carrying a priceless gift from the Old World to the New. Beneath Gray Skies $4.99 $2.99

Red Wheels Turning tells the story of British Secret Service agent Brian Finch-Malloy in Tsarist Russia, as he works to prevent the Russian secret war-winning weapons from falling into the hands of the Bolshevik henchman, Kolinski, who makes his way across Europe, leaving a trail of blood and corpses behind him. From the author of the acclaimed alternate history novel, Beneath Gray Skies. Red Wheels Turning $2.99

When his card is found in the pocket of a man who has died at Shinjuku station in Tokyo, Kenneth Sharpe's life takes a turn for the worse. Freelance technology consultants have no business with burglary, kidnapping, murder or the overthrow of governments, but these become part of Sharpe's life as he and his friends take on the financial world, against the backdrop of the 2008 Wall Street crash. At the Sharpe End $4.99 $2.99

Inknbeans.com

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:43:01 PM PDT
E Edwards says:
Susan Wells Bennett

Mac turned his life upside down for his wife, leaving behind a promising career to pursue her dream of long-haul trucking. When she leaves him for another man, his life is suddenly full of more twists and turns than a mountain road. Will he be able to find the right road to travel? Circle City Blues $2.99

When Francis DeLucia returns home at the end of WWII, he encounters a job and housing market crowded with other returning veterans. Desperate to support his growing family, Francis accepts a job from a suspected Mob boss. Katie, his young Irish wife, does her best to support her husband. When she realizes what he may be doing to support them though, she makes a life-altering decision. The Thief of Todays and Tomorrows $2.99

Lazarus Dale can teach you how to reach your full potential through his Learning to Listen Well seminars. You, too, can have a beautiful wife, a successful career, a stylish mansion -- all you have to do is follow his instructions for a perfect life. The Prophet's Wives $2.99

Frustrated novelist Tim Chase just thought of the best plot idea he has had in three years. The problem is he's dead. Now he's stuck in the afterlife as an unassigned soul with two goals in mind: getting his last and greatest novel published and moving on. An Unassigned Life $2.99

Is knowledge bitter or sweet? Fourteen year old Irene's parents spent a lifetime building a paradise which sheltered her and her siblings from the harsh realities of the world. A mix of love and deception kept her feeling secure and in control until the day a stranger with a newspaper tore down the walls of protection and lies, and her world would never be the same again. Forsaking The Garden $2.99

The Brass Monkey Series follows the overlapping lives of denizens of a retirement community in Arizona. With romances, mysteries, murder, vanities and intrigues, these folks prove there's still a lot of life in Sun City.

Milo Crosby is a retiree with too much time and too many women on his hands. He's the thorn in a zoo volunteer's side, an easy mark in an aging actress's sights, and the co-conspirator in his doting granddaughter's life. When all four paths intersect, Milo discovers just how wild life can get. Book one of the Brass Monkey Series Wild Life (The Brass Monkey Series) $2.99

Aging actress Sondra Lane hasn't had a good break since the disco era. Now past sixty, all she has to show for her years in Hollywood are a B-movie credit and a vintage red convertible. With no love and no audience, where is the charmed life she once believed was her destiny? Book 2 of the Brass Monkey Series Charmed Life (The Brass Monkey Series) $2.99

Things are changing down at the local watering hole...
Actress-turned-comic-book-muse Sondra is contemplating marriage to a man half her age. Already familiar with the seamy underbelly of Sun City, former cop Sax finds himself back on the job. Milo, lonely and bored, begins bartending at the Brass Monkey. But Claire may be making the biggest change of all...
And when Sondra's life is threatened, her friends come running to help. Book 3 of the Brass Monkey Series Night Life (The Brass Monkey Series) $2.99

Coming this summer, the fourth book of the Brass Monkey Series, New Life.

A sampler from the pen of Susan Wells Bennett. A mixture of short stories and poetry, Susan introduces you to, and makes you care about, the characters that most authors miss, or leave in the background. These characters are not rich, thin, clever or beautiful, but they are human and fragile, and brave and weak. And occasionally zombies. Desert Choir - A Collection of Voices $1.99

Inknbeans.com
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1829 14 days ago
Books under $4.00 200 3 minutes ago
Welcome Readers, To Our Writers' Corner #18 8114 28 minutes ago
Smart leading female characters by ANY author 17 33 minutes ago
Cozy Up with Cozy Readers and Writers: a thread for those who read and/or write cozy mysteries and their friends 604 48 minutes ago
The Spinning Wheel - 15 men on the dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum 3362 1 hour ago
Tweet Book Tweet 8810 1 hour ago
The Wordsmyth is 15 fathoms under the hidden Seas of Europa! 4069 2 hours ago
Genre: Fantasy - Readers searching for such books, please visit here. Authors of such books, please post your here. 1047 2 hours ago
shameless self-promotion by authors (7) 9429 2 hours ago
Science Fiction Cafe 743 3 hours ago
Paperback Books Make Good Christmas Gifts! 3 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  379
Total posts:  1166
Initial post:  Nov 1, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions