Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Have You Published a Book on the Kindle?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on May 18, 2011 6:47:27 AM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7326-7350 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 1, 2012 4:59:19 AM PDT
Cool(ish) says:
Butterflies: A World War II Short Story
about Hitler Youth, free for Apr 1, 2012

Excerpt:
Whoosh! A butterfly flies over and sits on the Mauser pistol in my hands. It waits there for a bit, ignoring the dying cheers, ignoring the metal clangs of rockets being loaded onto the Katushya. I wonder how it holds such beauty in such a dark time, and doesn't mind about it.

Reviews:
This story evokes a pure mood of foreboding doom, senseless carnage, and the hopelessness of a misguided lost cause. It is dark and starkly honest, all emotions brutally laid bare. Juxtaposed with a image of a light and flighty butterfly, like the white doves in cathedral ceilings prior to a mass murder, it mixes serenity and tragedy masterfully.

During the final days of WWII, the crumbling Nazi Empire called not only upon the strong and the fit, but also the young to fight. "Butterflies" tells a tale set in the fall of the symbol of the Nazis: Berlin. It tells the tale of Hans Wagner, a 16-year-old Hitler Youth called on to serve his country and defend Berlin from the invading Allies. It tells a tale of defiance among willingness, fear among courage... strength among weakness.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 5:18:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2012 5:18:40 AM PDT
Operation Neurosurgeon: You never know ... who's in the OR: This ~ 74,000 word romantic suspense was reviewed with 4 1/2 Stars overall out of 5 with Red Adept Reviews - a perfect 5 STARS for Characters - 4 3/4 Stars for plot:

Who says a rising neurosurgeon can't fall from his pinnacle? From the skullduggery taking place deep in the Tennessee woods to the silent tension in the OR, Doctor Danny Tilson's life takes an abrupt turn after performing surgery alongside a scrub nurse with aqua eyes and a velvet voice.

Outcome, A Novel: There's more than a hurricane coming ...: "A unique work of fiction by a master storyteller" per The Midwest Book Review. This is a general fiction/medical drama ~ 84,000 words:
A homeless dog, a surgeon you'll despise, and a feisty female pilot tackle a monstrous hurricane while wheels turn for a major liver transplant.

Younger Next Decade - Tired of the same old health tips? Read refreshing ideas about diet, exercise and more from a credible source and take charge of a younger future!

Chester the Chesapeake, Chester the Chesapeake: Summertime, Chester the Chesapeake: Wintertime: Chester the Chesapeake is one heck of a dog. He hasn't written only one book, but three! Perfect for their Easter baskets. Check out his Amazon paperbacks or Kindle books at http://dogbooksforchildren.weebly.com.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 8:15:43 AM PDT
The Clayton Chronicles, AI Rebellion, Cuentos, Eco Station One, The Recycling Kid

Hello! Please, allow me to introduce Edwin Stark! This prolific author was born in Caracas, Venezuela and writes science fiction, speculative fiction and horror. His work has a cutting wit and sometimes, a biting humor. For fans of satirical humor, Stark is unsurpassed...his novel, Eco Station One is gaining an underground following here in Washington State. For a hilarious, action packed romp through exotic locals, try Stark's work on for size- just be prepared to carry your tongue in your cheek!

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 3:58:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 22, 2013 10:09:20 AM PST]

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 4:31:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 7, 2012 3:16:20 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 4:41:47 PM PDT
Thank you for the opportunity to post here :)

FREE on kindle and, I believe, kindle apps today and tomorrow: THE NAKED ROOM

Australian crime/mystery novel (Aussie spelling and a glossary of terms in the back.)

Synopsis:
When classical pianist, Ally Carpenter, goes missing after a night out with friends, the implications stretch far beyond her disappearance.

Veteran detective, Senior Sergeant Susan Prescott believes that sexual predators may have abducted Ally. However, after two women with connections to the Carpenters are murdered, she realises there may be more to the crime than at first thought.

While Prescott puts all her efforts into solving the crime, those close to Ally battle their own turmoil. Friendships become strained and secrets come to light, as Ally's terrified mother, Eloise, is forced to confront the lie she has perpetuated over 26 years. Cellist, Briece Mochrie - determined to discover what has happened to the girl he loves - is swept into a dangerous undertow of murder and revenge.

The kidnappers have their own agenda; Ally's life is on the line.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 5:11:45 PM PDT
Tom Talley says:
The Last Texas Big Shot
US Action/Fiction/Adventure novel of about 70,000 words.

The book is a fictional account of what occurs when an accidental confrontation between a US Coast Guard Ship and an oil rig supply boat gets out of hand and sparks political pushing and shoving between Texas and the US. Shots are fired, words are spoken, and ultimately an accidental shooting of a high political official yields a very dangerous confrontation between two "Nuclear" powers. The CIA is involved as they attempt to defuse the situation while taking advantage of the confusion to solve some of their own problems, but ultimately, things go horribly wrong...the effects are felt world wide.

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 6:04:57 PM PDT
Yes, I have. But not only mine which I don't bother much to promote. I am more concerned with my authors:
Who Do You Think You Are? You're My Henry Allbones
Queen of Spades
Stranger on Stranger
The Dictator of Britannica

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 7:32:52 PM PDT
Biker Babs says:
Entangled (A Fredrickson Winery Novel) $2.99
One lost summer is time best left forgotten...

When Minneapolis attorney, Billie Fredrickson, inherits her uncle's small California winery, she has no intention of actually moving to the west coast and starting a new life. Her only thought is to get it off her hands as quickly as possible. But her return to the winery after an absence of twenty years opens up more than the reading of her uncle's will. Childhood memories, long-buried, begin to surface, prompting questions that no one is able or willing to answer.

A late night prowler, a break-in at the winery, and an unearthed box of shocking photographs is someone's way of pulling the welcome mat out from under Billie's feet, but it only makes her dig her heels in deeper.

Secrets lie buried beneath Fredrickson Winery's innocent facade and Billie intends to get to the root. But disturbing the past lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother's. Can she live with the consequences of full disclosure or will she run home where everyone is Minnesota nice?

Crushed (A Fredrickson Winery Novel) $3.99
A single mom, newly hired as Fredrickson's chief winemaker, finds her simple world put to the test when her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and the man who got her pregnant at fifteen shows up from Italy wanting to play daddy nine years too late.
It's crush time at Fredrickson's and everyone is working feverishly to get the grapes in and ensure a great vintage. But creating the perfect wine can sometimes be murder...

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 10:30:48 AM PDT
Do you remember the late 1970's? Long lines at the gas pumps, the Ayatollah Khomeini, Americans held hostage, planes hijacked and blown up?

That is the turmoil going on in the greater world but Police Chief Ellis Crawford, fresh out of the Marines and in his new job with a small town in eastern North Carolina, must use his abilities to solve a series of murders virtually ignored by his predecessor.

Reviewer comments:
***While reading Annis Ward Jackson's stories she always makes me feel like I am actually walking through her stories because of her very vivid beautiful descriptions.
***ANNIS WARD JACKSON has Authored a very, very entertaining mystery of unsolved and hidden-away murders in a small eastern North Carolina town.....has woven a well organized plot and the tension rises as Christmas Day approaches. It is a great start for a young Police Chief, and I hope for more of his adventures
***This book really spoke to me. The chief may be maimed, but he isn't stopped by what's happened to him. He is soldiering on, as real soldiers do.

#1 Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells (Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries)
Chief Crawford launches a frantic search because he believes the killer has one more victim in mind, and will strike again -- this year on Christmas Day.

#2 Bought And Died For (Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries)
Chief Ellis Crawford is back, this time trying to solve the grisly murders of two lovers. Clues are slim until the former Marine begins to find the killer's mistakes. Solving this one may hinge on whether the killer will return to the scene of the crime or leave Crawford holding the bag! Literally, that is!

#3 NEW!!! Exit Here For Murder: Ellis Crawford Murder Mysteries There is no such thing as an ex-Marine! Ten years service in the Marine Corp as a Military Policeman taught Ellis Crawford all about how to deal with suicide bombers. Now Police Chief in a small town in eastern North Carolina, Crawford searches for a serial rapist - with the full knowledge that his dispatcher/officer Ruby Lea Sutton may be the next victim!

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 10:31:31 AM PDT
Hello and thanks for the opportunity to post on a friendly thread.

Readmedeadly.com says about this series, "For nature lovers, Annis Ward Jackson's Rachel Myers semi-cozy novellas, set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Appalachia, can be as addictive as popcorn. The author clearly knows and loves this haunted, story-soaked country; and sometimes touches - lightly and deftly - on the many environmental issues that plague the area."

Some reader comments on this series:
* "The descriptions of the scenery and mountains are wonderful!"
* "Murder mysteries are not my usual reading choice but Annis Ward Jackson could make me a convert!"
* "I am really enjoying this series and I highly recommend these books. The only thing that makes me happy when I finish a book is the knowledge that the next in the series awaits me!"
* "I love the descriptions of the horses and trail rides in your books as well as the gardening. My father is from West VA. I am a nurse. . .and that all just makes me love your books all the more. Your characters are wonderful!!! Thanks for such great books!"

#1 Blind Malice (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Rachel, returning to her birthplace to bury her blind father and arrange for the running of his farm, discovers that he may have been murdered in a particularly cruel but unprovable way and that his financial affairs are in severe disarray. She and Isaac, her father's octogenarian friend and farmhand, set out to find the killer and save the farm from salivating creditors. Old grudges and new money cast long shadows in these lovely mountains

#2 Blue Ridge Parkway Plunge (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) In the middle of settling in after moving from Arizona back to Sheppard County in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina where she was born, Rachel's late father's best friend since before she was born entreats her to investigate the death of an elderly friend who was found at the foot of a cliff on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and which has been ruled accident or suicide.

#3 Christmas Tree Wars (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Christmas trees are a big industry in the Appalachians. How far would a grower go to put his competition out of business? Myers' garden designer friend is missing, his wallet and cell phone are found in a field of dead Christmas trees, and she feels compelled to find him.

#4 The New River Blues (Rachel Myers Murder Mystery Series) Myers' friend, Aubrey Royce, concert violinist and naturalist, had made his life's ambition to protect his beloved New River. Now he lies waterlogged on its bank while she looks on in horror. Rachel butts heads with a chief deputy who takes exception to a private citizen who is also female becoming involved in the search for the killer.

#5 Appalachian Trail Mix (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Robby Barnett has taken a job half way across the country and Rachel Myers must deal with the empty space he left behind. Will he ever return? Hiking the Appalachian Trail, Myers discovers the mutilated body of a high school girl. There is no shortage of suspects but the killer may be closer than Rachel thinks.

#6 Mountain Mourning (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) In an effort to accommodate a friend who has just died under questionable circumstances, Rachel must go back thirty years to what may not even have been a murder. She learns how immutable the green-eyed monster can be and the violence it can spawn, even after three decades.

#7 High Country Coverup (Rachel Myers Murder Mystery Series) Myers ucovers corruption at the highest level of law enforcement when she learns that an innocent man has been tried and convicted, and sits in jail waiting to be sentenced.

#8 Mahogany Rock Falls: Satan's Casket (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) The chief of staff of Sheppard County Memorial Hospital has been found dead at the foot of a waterfall on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Myers is asked to find a nurse who went missing at the same time. Will the nurse be implicated?

#9 Brown Mountain Breakdown (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) Rachel's friend, a young deputy sheriff, has committed suicide but Myers and Detective Robby Barnett find inexplicable discrepancies that they cannot bring themselves to ignore. While trying to learn what drove their young friend to kill himself, they come up against the late deputy's lover, a woman well-schooled in the art of murder.

New on Kindle - #10 Highland Games (Rachel Myers Murder Mysteries) The amateur sleuth is weary from overseeing a new wing being added to the retirement center where she is administrator. And she hasn't been sleeping well. Then her attention is diverted by a more chilling problem -- her inexplicable forgetfulness! Is it a case of exhaustion or is she threatened by someone from her past? Detective Robert "Robby" Burnett moves in to help Myers sort out the problem and identify the culprit before the plot takes a more violent turn!

$2.99 each, only on Kindle

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 10:37:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2012 10:38:52 AM PDT
Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

Reviewer comments:
*Love her writing style and am anxiously awaiting her future books. The stories were short, well written and in some cases, left you wanting them to continue. That's the mark of a good story teller you always want the next installment.
* "All I can say is wow! What a treasure trove of short stories and articles, well worth the $2.99 price. I don't know what I enjoyed the most: Annis's reminiscing about her childhood, the stories about the unique people she's known, or the wonderful way she brings to life the woods and smells of the North Carolina mountains which she obviously loves so deeply. Some of her short stories are horrifying, such as McCauley's Garden; some are funny; all are absorbing."
* "These essays and articles are down-to-earth depictions of Appalachian Mountain life, sometimes from a child's perspective."
* "The images Jackson paints are like pictures on a big screen: colorful, alive, and engaging."

This is a 60,000+ word collection of 17 short stories and 15 articles/essays, many of which were published in regional magazines over a period of several years. Many have to do with growing up in the mountains of North Carolina and others are the result of an irrepressible penchant for turning little slices of life into stories. AWJ

Patchwork: Short Stories and Essays of the Appalachian Mountains

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 2:02:25 PM PDT
Story Time 22 4 and 5 star reviews! nominated as the best read of 2011! only $1.99~
Most enjoyable read!, March 5, 2012
By Karen West - See all my reviewsAmazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Story Time (Kindle Edition)
Okay, first of all I love sci-fi stories but hate aliens so I was a little concerned if I would like this story or not. After reading this book, I have learned that it isn't a good idea to have pre conceived ideas.

First rate writing and an unusual way of telling a story makes this a stand out plus a very interesting take on the end of the world. I enjoyed it so much that it ranks among one of my all time favorite sci-fi stories. Even if you don't care for this type of story the writing will keep you glued to the story. Interesting characters and situations abound. Don't miss out on this good read, it deserves the high ratings given by the reviewers.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 2:39:57 PM PDT
Vintage Murder (Robbie Cutler diplomatic mysteries) - this is the oiriginal diplomatic mystery, and still the bestseller of that genre on Kindle. Set in Paris and Bordeaux. Enjoy a mystery with a touch of romance, a diplomatic setting, and a glass of wine or two - before the terrorists show up to destroy the vineyards, that is!

Here's what the experts have to say:

""Bill Shepard and I served as diplomats in France, he as Consul General in Bordeaux, and his knowledge of that region - the intrigues, the relationships, the people - is encyclopedic. He has adroitly used this knowledge to weave a fascinating story. If you like Bordeaux wine, read Vintage Murder. - Evan Galbraith, former United States Ambassador to France

"London has Sherlock Holmes and now Washington has its first diplomatic sleuth, Robbie Cutler. Learn about embassy life from an expert, as you enjoy Bill Shepard's diplomatic mystery." - F.A. "Tex" Harris, former President, American Foreign Service Association

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 11:04:08 AM PDT
Into the Deep: A Story of Resolution

5 star Reviewer comments:
NEW * This was just an excellent book. The writing was so well done and obvious the author was so intrigued by the story. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great read and one that fully and totally absorbs your mind.
* I love everything I've read so far by this author (and no, I don't know her). Her writing and descriptions are beautiful in all of her books. The first sentence of this book is as follows: "The surface of the lake quivered, a steady breeze creating a never-ending ripple of diamonds as droplets caught the sun in their brief suspension." I can see the sun and the lake with its sparkling ripples, and I can feel the breeze.
*Into the Deep cannot be pigeon-holed into one category. Yes, it is fiction but historical details of the TVA's construction of Watauga Lake and other events such as the flood of 1940 are accurate. By the same token, ITD could be classified a murder/mystery. However, no matter the category, it is an excellent read!
*I loved this story of resolution, steeped full of historical facts and you felt a connection to the woman as she told it.

Against a backdrop of beautiful Watauga Lake in the mountains of eastern Tennessee comes the story of Violet Thurston Oliver, a descendant of pioneers and a woman with no intention of ever vacating the land that has been in her family for nearly two hundred years. However, Violet discovers that so-called progress grinds on with little concern for her personal feelings.

Proud, stoic, and self-sufficient, Violet withstands an abusive marriage and forced relocation from her beloved farm in the late 1940's when the Tennessee Valley Authority covered over six thousand acres with a dam to provide electricity and recreational opportunities.

The lake has been Violet's sorrow and her salvation. Will her fifty-year-old secret remain safe or will it rise from the depths and threaten the remaining years of a life of hard work, integrity and perserverance?

$2.99 on Kindle

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 3:30:33 AM PDT
Travelman says:
Great action/adventure books set in West Africa during the turbulent sixties, including the memoir. (In Kindle and Paperback, except the novellas and The Mine)
The Up-Country Man Memoir. 180,000 words. A personal account of the first one hundred days inside secessionist Biafra. Great reviews.
Tribal Gathering Eight not-so-short stories about all the human frailties. 104,000 words.
The Last Bature(Batuuree) Fiction. 102,000 words. The last white police officer in a failing ex-British colony tries to avert a catastrophe. Good review.

My latest book The Mine Fiction. 110,000 words. A political thriller and adventure story.

The following Novellas are extracted from Tribal Gathering as tasters at 99c each.
Boom Town 21,000 words. A man steals a fortune under cover of war.
Hot Metal 16,000 words. Strange happenings in the forest.
Juju-Men 14,000 words. Delivering a parcel to the Freemasons' Lodge brings death and destruction to the region.
Click on my profile (Travelman) to find my website for more info.
Ken Ryeland

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 3:33:50 AM PDT
The top ten bestseller Past Imperfect is being offered free today (5th April).

Past Imperfect

Two boys. One Murder. Sometimes justice takes more than a lifetime.

A car accident in California, a deadly assault in Provence, and two boys 30 years apart are left battling for their lives.

Dominic Fornier is the detective who finds himself at the heart of the investigation. A simple provincial case that becomes one of the largest and most important in French criminal history.

Fornier's only hope is to prove the link between the two boys thirty years apart. A compulsive journey through forensic, medical and psychiatric evidence between France, the USA and London; a breathless paper chase of clues from a young boy's psyche... and a desperate race against time with a killer who will stop at nothing.

Reviews:

The Times
'Matthews maintains the suspense... an engrossing odyssey into the seamy side of a world that is so near, yet sometimes seems so far. Compulsive reading.'

Cork Examiner
'One of the most compelling novels I've read... an ambitious and big novel which will keep you enthralled to its last page.'

Yorkshire Post
'A classy, well-written and unusual thriller.'

Dublin Evening Herald
'Matthews delivers one of the best debut thrillers in years, brave, ambitious and remorselessly entertaining. Past Imperfect is a stormer.'

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 6:11:48 AM PDT
1923: A Memoir Lies and Testaments 99 cents

It's a personal as well as a social history. Smith has the knack of bringing the times to life in a way that few writers can manage. It's the ability to tell a story, the knowledge of when to move on & not labour a point.--The Bookbag

1923 is a book that succeeds in two ways with ease, both as a personal memoir of a life lived in a volatile age and as a record of that age for all time. --The Current Reader

"1923" is uplifting and highly recommended. --Midwest Book Review

1923: A Memoir is a protest against social injustice, corruption, war, famine, poverty, and societies blinded by greed. More importantly, it is the story of hope and the notion that anything can be overcome if desired. --The Publishing Guru
Smith stays true to himself and his inner voice as he recounts the events of his early life.-Feeding My Book Addiction
From the Inside Flap
My sister and I were children of the one true Church which took its orders from the Vatican. We were commanded by God's earthly representatives to arise, early, each Sunday and dress in clean, presentable clothes. On Sundays, Mam stayed late in bed while Dad always escaped our ritual with an early morning walk. After breakfast of a shared piece of stale toast, my sister would clean my face and hands with an old soapy dish-rag. Until the age of six, I had been excluded and shielded from religious penance and paying homage to Jesus snug in his heaven. So I was mystified and frustrated by this weekly occurrence of stomping across city streets with stores shuttered and bolted. I was envious of our town's well-fed but less-devout brethren who were still wrapped up warm in their beds, while my sister and I traversed, two or three miles to the parish cathedral.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 4:12:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2012 4:13:23 PM PDT
My Temporary Life

MY TEMPORARY LIFE
Over 60-5 Star Reviews!
Over 84,000 Downloads!
#1 Most Downloaded eBook in North America Feb. 12!
Top 10 Overall!
Amazon Mover and Shaker!

"I kept thinking is this a true story, I couldn't put it down, I loved this book!"

"Martin Crosbie has created a world where a hero can emerge from the ashes of sadness and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

"It's a "coming of age", a great thriller, a true romance, the journey of one man's life and the thrilling road he took for his own redemption. Then there was Hardly, oh Hardly..."

Heroes are not born. They're made.

Malcolm Stewart's strength was forged during harsh childhood days-ugly days when he faced down schoolyard bullies and endured the neglect of a promiscuous mother. It is a strength that he has wielded to defend himself and his friends.

Yet those years and traumas have taken their toll. Somewhere along the way, Malcolm Stewart lost his love of life.

That changes the day when beautiful, tempestuous Heather enters his world. He feels the stirrings of something long dormant. And when he learns of Heather's own abusive childhood-and the daughter that she was forced to leave behind-Malcolm knows one thing:

He must help Heather get her little girl back.

Their harrowing quest takes them from Scotland to a remote corner of Canada. There, Malcolm faces more than he bargained for-from being accused of kidnapping, to being targeted by an enraged psycho. And he discovers that Heather's story is more tragic than he could ever have imagined.

Yet his love for this woman with the flaming red hair-and for a little girl he has yet to meet-gives Malcolm Stewart the one thing he desperately needs: A chance to be reborn.

A chance to become the hero he never dreamed he could be.

Martin Crosbie's debut novel has been attracting extraordinary attention. Read the first few pages and you will see why. This thrilling romantic suspense will take you on a journey that you're not likely to forget.

My Temporary Life-Book One of the My Temporary Life Trilogy

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 10:06:12 PM PDT
Just released! Available exclusively on Amazon for now. A new collection of science fiction short stories...

Tales of Tomorrow Girl: Retro Science Fiction Adventures of Mystery and Romance

Six short science fiction tales with a retro flair, often featuring a mysterious female time agent. These stories deal with romance, mystery, time travel and other dimensions. This first volume includes: Tomorrow Girl (Tales of Tomorrow Girl), Lazarus, Come Forth!, The Never Men (Tales of Tomorrow Girl), Martian Cocktail (Tales of Tomorrow Girl), The Strand (Tales of Tomorrow Girl) and Way Station (Tales of Tomorrow Girl).

"If you enjoy the work of classic science fiction authors like Fritz Leiber, Alfred Bester, Cordwainer Smith, C.L. Moore and Ray Bradbury, I think you'll enjoy these science fiction tales."

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 7:56:20 PM PDT
Thanks, Esme, for this great thread. As indie authors, we certainly appreciate the ability to tell readers about our work and background.

An author, speaker, and expert on terrorism, my background includes over twenty years research on the subject. I deliver keynote speeches on global terrorism and biological warfare; lead business continuity and disaster recovery planning workshops for the public and business community; and perform duties as the communications director for the International Association of Counterterrorism & Security Professionals.

With the recent Centennial of the RMS Titanic's sinking... and for those of you who enjoy a cross-genre action/adventure, suspense-thriller -- with a twist of historical fiction blended in - Read: OMAR: A Novel (A Cary Parker Thriller - For fans of Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Jack Higgins and Wilbur Smith) - Available in the Kindle Store (for all Kindle devices; iPad; iPhone; Androids; and Kindle for MAC / PC (with free downloadable software, from Amazon). Download it today!

Winner:
International Benjamin Franklin Awards™
Silver Award for "Best New Voice - Fiction"

- A Ravaged RMS Titanic at rest in the North Atlantic
- Mercenary Treasure Seekers
- A Complex Web of International Intrigue

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,170 Paid in Kindle Store as of 3/22/12 (having climbed 5,791 notches from Rank #8,961 on 2/23/12). Of course, this fluctuates.

5-Stars "Craig Thompson's Omar is... a shocking, action-packed, highly recommended page-turner filled with suspense and plot twists to the end."
Jim Cox, Editor, Midwest Book Review

Brief Synopsis:
In 1995, the CIA and FBI jointly discovered secret plans to recover a trove of priceless treasure from deep below the North Atlantic Ice Barrier, aboard the RMS Titanic. An ultra-zealous terrorist organization competed against a group of divers, hired by a billionaire oilman, which set off a complex web of international intrigue and suspense. Dr. Cary Parker, Woods Hole oceanographer, archaeologist, and maritime law specialist at the Smithsonian Institute, was recruited by CIA's Colonel Bramson to beat both diving teams to the ship's gravesite. And a wave of worldwide terrorism was set into motion at 2077 fathoms, as a rare, priceless book and unrecovered treasure became the primary focus of a triadic search. Parker, challenged the terrorists on his own turf, and what followed was an adventure of legendary proportions.

5-Stars "A wild and thrilling ride! (Thompson's) writing style is very readable; the plot, all too plausible given today's world. Well worth the time to read... and reread! Move over Clancy... this guy knows his stuff!"
J. Oliver (Atlanta, GA), (Amazon Hardcover, Reader Review)

Appreciate your consideration of OMAR: A Novel,

Craig O.

Follow @Craigt1

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 5:06:29 AM PDT
Philip Chen says:
Scenes of Strangeness is number 3 on Amazon's top 100 Hot New Releases for Cartoon Books. Join the over 6,550 readers who have downloaded this book today.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:09:11 PM PDT
Sunsets In Singapore: A Foreign Service Memoir - juyst published last weekend, my memoir of life in the Fopreign Service. See what living behind the Iron Curtain, or in wartime Saigon, was like - as well as more peaceful venues, such as France, Greece, and Singapore. You'll enjoy this memoir - all the more so if you've ever thought of taking the Foreign Sevice Examination.

As one reader says, this book is the best preparation! Here is that assessment, by a new Foreign Service Officer:

"I recently passed the Oral Assessment portion of the Foreign Service Exam and can attest to the relevance of William Shepard's experiences to the type of hypothetical situations raised by the examiners. A Foreign Service candidate will learn not only from the specific examples cited in the book, but more importantly from Mr. Shepard's thought process while handling a wide variety of issues facing members of the diplomatic corps.
Page for the page, this book is the best study guide for preparing yourself to take the Foreign Service Exam."

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:22:04 PM PDT
My latest The Invisible Hands - Part 1: Gambit (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse), an Historical Fantasy - M/M-Romance - Gay novel, went live this weekend.

Warning: very graphical scenes. This is the first part of a sequel-trilogy and you probably need to have read the first trilogy.

The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse)
The Invisible Chains - Part 2: Bonds of Fear (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse)
The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse)

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:26:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 1:09:13 PM PDT]
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1381
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2009
Latest post:  17 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 68 customers

Search Customer Discussions