Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Kindle Books Under $5.00 By Indie Author's

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on May 24, 2011 6:50:12 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 1:34:06 PM PDT
Ray, have you thought about trying to market your book on travel or cruise sites? You might have a whole new audience there (maybe you already have)!

I was *really* upset about THREE CUPS OF TEA. I am sick of people getting rich off dishonesty.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 2:08:08 PM PDT
Jenny:

I hear you. I actually taught Three Cups Of Tea to my sophomores. It was a summer reading book. Right after vacation I have to go back and break the news (if the kids haven't seen it already). What I can't understand is that the author seemed to do such good anyway. Why fabricate? For sales, I imagine. Oh, well.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 2:09:52 PM PDT
Thanks, Patience. Scars looks great too. Congratulations!

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 2:12:04 PM PDT
Bella Marie says:
Happy Easter Everyone!
Looking for some sexual inspiration this weekend? You might want to check out my two series that are available right now on Amazon Kindle. They are explicit adult erotic short stories, on sale now for $.99 each with the exception of the complete collection in the Time Well Spent Series.

Jennifer's New Erotic Adventures:
Book 1 - Jamie's Party
Jamie's Party (Jennifer's New Erotic Adventures)

New Release, Book 2 - The Lake House (New release this week!)
The Lake House (Jennifer's New Erotic Adventures)

I also have new releases from my Time Well Spent Series available for $.99 each. They are quick read, short stories that have no names in the stories it is easy to imagine yourself in the stories.

The New Beach House & Forever Love (Time Well Spent)
Mountain Getaway & Fun In The Sun (Time Well Spent)
Book 3 (Time Well Spent )
Book 4 (Time Well Spent)
Book 5 (Time Well Spent)
Book 6 (Time Well Spent)
Book 7 (Time Well Spent)

Happy Reading!
Bella Marie
Warning: Adult explicit erotic stories!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 2:12:44 PM PDT
A Work In Progress This is my first novel and hopefully the first of many. It is a story about Jeremy Jackson, a regular guy, who has become caught in the midst of a very dangerous game, not able to tell who his friends are as well as who his enemies are. He is faced with a decision to either stay where he is, a work in progress, or face the challenges in front of him and become the man destiny has in store for him. Hope you give it a shot and enjoy the story I have put together. You can also go to my web site and check out my story, or at least part of it. www.larrysheridan.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 2:39:11 PM PDT
Exactly, and when I read that gambling book Bringing Down the House, I just knew he fabricated things, and later he admitted it. I think real stories are more interesting.
Cara B

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 2:40:30 PM PDT
The Dinosaur Games $0.99
A near future dystopian society forces High School kids to become Gladiators and fight Dinosaurs for freedom.
The Dinosaur Games: Revenge of the Gladiator $0.99
The Dinosaur Games $0.99

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 2:45:49 PM PDT
Oh no. I don't envy you that, Jonathan. Though actually, made it will fuel a good discussion about integrity in today's society...?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 2:49:55 PM PDT
Yes I just posted today on some travel sites. If you know of any let me know.
Thanks Cara B

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 2:53:09 PM PDT
I don't myself, but I do know a few people who travel a lot. And two who love cruises, whom I'm seeing next weekend. I'll ask!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 3:31:05 PM PDT
Thanks,
Cara B

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 3:47:36 PM PDT
ACROSS THE DESPERATE MILES

Kera and Rand Priven must journey 2,500 miles across their country, trying desperately to find and protect their children. It is good they cannot foresee the horrors before them.

In a troubled marriage, the Privens live with their children, Andrew and Alissa, in New York City. As an up-and-coming fashion photographer, Rand is obsessed with making a name, and a lot of money-to the point of neglecting his family. Kera slips into a frustrated and lonely disillusionment; she yearns for a simpler more meaningful family life. Planning to confront and possibly divorce Rand, she sends the children to a respected summer camp. Her timing couldn't be worse.

Shocking events unfold as independent groups plotting against the United States successfully breach national security, attack military installations, and wreak havoc on public infrastructure: the system breaks down. All services stop... no lights, no flights, no food, no gas... nothing. Law enforcement and armed forces seem unable to contain this terrorism or... revolution. Lawlessness spreads, seemingly overnight.

What chance do these two average, unprepared, and conflicted people have for surviving such a hostile situation? Will the challenge pull them together or rip them further apart? Who will they meet on their journey across America? What will they learn? Will they ever see their children again?

Patrick Michael Murphy is an Emmy award winning writer and producer for film and video projects. Additional works of his fiction and nonfiction are soon to be released in digital form.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 3:52:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2011 3:56:43 PM PDT
Lisa Lim says:
If you're a Sophie Kinsella, Marian Keyes or chick lit fan, be sure to check out Confessions of a Call Center Gal: a novel for only $2.99. It is currently #64 Top Rated in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor.
Bridget Jones meets The Office.
It is currently #64 Top Rated in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor (in the US).
In the UK it is currently # #88 in Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction > Women's Popular Fiction

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 3:56:20 PM PDT
Rolf Ruckel says:
Get the English version of Alexander Merow`s "Prey World". It is for free and a great book - like "1984" by George Orwell:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/53945

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 4:43:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 22, 2011 4:46:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 4:46:21 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 23, 2011 8:32:05 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 4:54:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2011 4:56:57 PM PDT
Have a happy Easter everyone and don't forget to check out SCARS: An Amazing End-Times Prophecy Novel with 23 five-star reviews!

Revelation comes to life in this adrenaline-fueled Christian thriller weaved with End Times prophecy. A heart-wrenching story of a young girl set during the Tribulation, SCARS chronicles the beginning of the End of the World, as earth-shattering events lead up to the Apocalypse as foretold in the Bible.

SCARS reveals many possible answers to questions such as, "Who is the Antichrist? The False Prophet? The name that equates to 666 in both Greek and Hebrew?" and "What are the Mark of the Beast and the image of the beast?"

Other prophecies mentioned:

How the antichrist will be revealed
The lie
Who will be deceived by the antichrist
The ten-horned kingdoms of the beast
The 144,000
The Two Witnesses
The Peace Treaty

SCARS is shocking and eye-opening but essential reading in a world of confusing theories. There is no other end-times fiction book like this.

What the Reviewers are saying, "Scars will challenge your own faith and cause you to think," LaTawnia Kintz, "Wow. Incredible, potentially life changing," bluebird, "The best end-times book I have ever read, it is very plausible," ericathy222, "Powerful," SRMeyers, "Spiritually enhancing," Dennis, "Better then the Left Behind Series," The Novelist, "Over-the edge-writing, " Tammy's Book Parlor, "Thought provoking, a must read for every Christian," 1 Prince 3 Princesses.

AVAILABLE in both Kindle and paperback!
SCARS: An Amazing End-Times Prophecy Novel

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 5:01:12 PM PDT
I have couple of books I would like to mention:

Lover's Betrayal: Misfits of the Lore Series $2.99
A Vampire Out to Clear Her Son's Name.

A Former Lover Bent on Revenge.

But Neither is Prepared for What Happens Next...

Vampire couple Olivia and Lucian were forced to separate nearly two centuries ago, but now a series of murders has brought them back together. Their task? To investigate who's responsible for the grisly killings. And the prime suspect is none other than Olivia's son, Kaden.

For Olivia, the reunion brings back all the pain of their shattered love-a love she abandoned to marry another. The decision held fateful consequences for herself and her troubled, warring sons. But her new mission also offers a chance at redemption as she risks everything to prove Kaden's innocence-and put back together a fractured family before it's too late.

Through it all, Olivia faces the seemingly unyielding hate of Lucian, a powerful leader of the Council, the enforcers of all immortals. He's determined to seek vengeance on Olivia and her son-but can his hatred withstand the love his heart can't deny?

The Broken $.99
Seventeen-year-old Carrie Mathers can't escape the memory of the unspeakable abuse she endured at the hands of her disturbed and brutal uncle. She's tried to commit suicide three times, and the latest attempt has landed her in a hospital bed in a psychiatric ward. Hope for any sort of bright future has long disappeared for Carrie. All she wants is to die and escape the torment forever. But renowned New York psychiatrist Dr. Jeffrey Barnes is determined to keep her alive.

Dr. Barnes has his own unshakeable history. Years ago, a patient much like Carrie committed suicide under his care, throwing him into turmoil. After spiraling into alcoholism and losing his marriage and nearly his career, Barnes's life has finally stabilized. He swore never to treat any more abuse victims, but something about Carrie compels him to take her case. Barnes tries to put the pieces of Carrie's shattered psyche back together. With every session with Carrie, his confidence wavers, and his faith falters. One young woman has already lost her life due to his mistakes; the risk to Carrie's life and his own may be too great. But it just might be possible that Carrie is his second chance-and that he is hers.

An unforgettable novel of redemption and forgiveness, The Broken shows how our deepest hurts can become our greatest triumphs.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 5:23:45 PM PDT
Abouchard says:
Sugar Lubec has grown up in a series of foster homes having been abandoned by her parents when she was a baby. She never allows anyone to get to close to her and following high school, she takes a job as a chambermaid at a local hotel striving to remain invisible from the rest of the world. At the hotel she meets Jack, an alpha werewolf, who has been tasked by the council of pureblood werewolves to kill all humans who were turned into werewolves by being bitten. What Sugar does not know is that her parents were werewolves, made so by being bitten and Jack has been sent to find and kill her kind.

Jack, against council rules, does not kill Sugar arguing she is a "born" werewolf and he takes her back to his pack. Forbidden by the council to mate with Jack, Sugar struggles with a growing attraction to Jack and fitting in with the rest of the pack, not an easy task considering her loner status growing up. She also finds herself in the middle of a civil war between werewolves, born pureblood versus bitten made, learning that it is not as easy as she first thought to determine who exactly the enemy is.
Whisper On A Scream (1) .99 cent paranormal romance

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 6:50:05 PM PDT
Writer_Grrl says:
Coming Home (Whitetail, Minnesota Series)

HI!

I'd like to introduce you all to my new novel, COMING HOME. On sale with an introductory price, now through Sunday at just 99 cents!

When Lillian's husband learns he's the cause of their infertility, he's gone before morning. Lillie does what any self-respecting woman would do, she turns to Ben and Jerry's and refuses to leave the house. Eventually, she has to venture out to replenish her supply of Phish Food, and runs into her mother-in-law, struggling with the care of her special needs niece.

Ashamed by her self-indulgent behavior, Lillie finds strength she didn't know she had to create the family she'd always wanted. Later when Jonathan returns, she knows her best option is to forget the past and put her crumbled marriage behind her, or is it?

Enjoy!

Julie Sellers
www.juliesellers.com

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 8:02:07 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
Painted in a Corner offers a lot to satiate your reading hunger. Get lost in Bianca Barrett's world for a while and find out how she deals with a lurking secret from her past with the help of her sexy ex-boyfriend, Derrick. She knows she shouldn't allow Derrick to get close because she plans to hightail it out of town as soon as a big city job calls her name. Not to mention, Derrick is currently engaged--to her high school rival of all people. One would think the embers would be nearly extinguished after four years apart, but Bianca and Derrick feel the sparks re-ignite and eventually come to a full-on blaze.
Who is Leighton Warner though? She is a new friend that Bianca learns to trust, in more ways than she ever imagined. Leighton has an electric personality and tells it like it is. Even though she pushes Bianca to new heights and out of her comfort zone, Leighton has her own insecurities that she must get over.
Look for seduction, love, and no book would be complete without a few lies, betrayal, and revenge. Someone will be begging forgiveness in the end, but who will it be?

Sample up to 25% of my book on smashwords.com.
Available for sale for $0.99 on amazon, smashwords, and B&N

I hope you will give it a chance. If you do, please be sure to give it a review. All honest feedback is welcome.
Happy Reading!!

Autumn
follow me on Twitter @AutumnDickinson
follow my blog http://www.autumndickinson.blogspot.com
facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autumn-Dickinson-Writer-Page/166254586764703

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 6:32:45 AM PDT
Where Dreams are Born, a Kindle or print book from a small publisher.

After enduring traumatic childhoods, a single mom and a widower struggle to create a stable family life for their children despite those who would do them harm.

"Joyce DeBacco does a really good job of getting the reader invested in the outcome of this unusual pairing. Enjoy." S. Wurman of Night Owl Reviews.

"This is truly a compelling novel of real life and will stay with me a long time". Judith of The Book Binge.

"Joyce DeBacco pens one of those tales that is warm and loving while still mixed with trials that will touch a reader's heart." Dee Dailey of The Romance Studio

First two chapters on joycedebacco.com. Thanks for reading.
Where Dreams are Born

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 6:43:57 AM PDT
My novel is only 1.99! :)

PaxCorpus

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 7:07:05 AM PDT
On sale for $0.99 cents right now!
Demon Kissed

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 7:16:16 AM PDT
MLeMieux says:
I bundled the first two books in my series into one book so two complete books for one price of $3.79 The Mark Taylor Series: Books One and Two
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1782
Total posts:  9606
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2011
Latest post:  14 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 88 customers

Search Customer Discussions