Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Indie authors sef-promote your kindle e-books here

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 6, 2011 11:58:31 AM PDT
A Myth, A Prophecy and A Curse 99c

The Pen Pal 99c

Venom $2.99

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 10:25:36 PM PDT
Tim Greaton says:
My interview with author Kellianne Sweeney about her novel The One That Got Away: can be seen at http://www.TimGreatonForum.blogspot.com

Some of Tim Greaton's titles:

The Santa Shop (The Santa Conspiracy) Christmas through the eyes of suicide.
Under-Heaven Pain doesn't end at death, at least not for nine-year-old Nate. See the amazing theater-like book preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrA0KoujsE
Zachary Pill, The Dragon at Station End (The Zachary Pill Series) Magic won't save you...but monsters might.
Bones in the Tree A chick-lit dating catastrophe in Maine
Ancestor - Book 1 A 1600's colonial terror wants to come back now.
Ancestor - Book 2 Friends stand against an evil too powerful to defeat.

99 cents each

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 10:26:42 PM PDT
J. Avery says:
What would you do if you witnessed the murder of a close family member and were kidnapped and forced to rob banks at gunpoint with the killer and his two eccentric thugs? Aaron Quinn is about to find out - and he's only thirteen ...

Three Days to Die - "Not your ordinary thriller ..."

Three Days to Die is the story of young Aaron Quinn and his courageous single mother, Ashley, as they're thrust headlong into the brutal and very adult world of felony armed robbery, lust, and murder.

Hold on tight as Aaron's best friend, Willy Abbott, and Michael St. John, a wealthy stranger, risk it all trying to save them from the blood thirsty psycho, Johnny Souther.

Three Days to Die is a fast, fiery, frightening train ride through hell, with bumps, curves, and characters that will shock you, make you laugh, and make you cry ...

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 2:21:42 AM PDT
The Chronicles Of Jenson Quest - The Rise Of Va'kaar

Good day to all you sci-fi fans out there.

My first work is the start of a new series, The Chronicles Of Jenson Quest... Jenson Quest lives with his Aunt and helps her out by working in her nursing home, where his grandfather is one of the residents. For years Jenson has heard his granddad's seemingly ridiculous tales of how he and Jenson's father fought along side a friendly alien race and other humans in the defence of the many human 'Realms'. Now, however, it seems that his granddad's ridiculous tales are, in fact, true.

Accepting the choice to step forward in place of his missing father and aging grandfather, and join the ranks of the Great Drak, Jenson joins the Keepers and the batch of new recruits and sets off across the galaxy to stop the Zyll Swarm and their latest Vuron weapon, which is threatening to destroy the Keepers and leave the human realms exposed to a danger that could begin the annihilation of the entire human race.

But while the Keepers, assisted by the Great Drak and the humans of the Fourth Realm hunt down the Zyll Swarm and its new weapon, one Zyll has designs on gathering the whole of the might of the Zyll together and crushing the Keepers and the human realms once and for all using a new method of tracking that will enable the Zyll to find and destroy their target planets far faster than before.

To accomplish his mission, stay alive, and perhaps discover what truly happened to his father, Jenson will have to find friends and allies that he never expected to find, and lead the warriors of the Great Drak into a battle that could end in the destruction of them all.

With action and adventure from start to finish, Jenson Quest opens a new dawn in Sci-fi, with new characters to follow in this and future adventures.

Here is a brief excerpt...

First Tuggno stood on the bridge of the Zyll Frigate Frettaan. His weathered features, even for a Zyll, were something be feared. He had served as Second on the Frettaan for nine freygs and had admired and respected his First. Tuggno intended to make the traitor Va'kaar pay for the deaths he had caused, but for now it was more important to preserve his crew and his ship by getting them as far from the Zytagg as he possibly could.

"My First." The deck officer called, "The Zytagg is firing on us."
"It's what!?" Tuggno failed miserably to hide the mixture of shock and disgust in his voice. "Hard over! NOW!" he yelled at the Helm Officer.

Va'kaar watched as the vuron spheres moved towards the Frettaan. As he watched, the ship veered gently to the left, still sitting firmly within the strike-path of the approaching spheres. The first volley of spheres hit the rear right quadrant, causing the engines to fail and buckling a hefty section of the body of the Frigate. The ship spun in sympathy with the impact and the second sphere struck the Frettaan mid-ship and below the midline. The effect was catastrophic for the ship.

Tuggno screamed orders as the second impact came. Already disoriented by the initial sway of the ship beneath them, the Zyll officers were only just resuming their stations when the second impact turned their world upside down. Tuggno cursed as a young officer was thrown across the narrow bridge and smashed against the opposite control bank. He remained there, broken, as others began to fall away from the right bank and land on the opposite side, smashing into controls, rests and other officers. Tuggno clung onto his command dais for as long as he could, but the air pressure and temperature within the ship was already dropping rapidly and the strength was leaving him. The gravity system failed and Tuggno began to float. As quickly as he could, he set the vuron systems to overload and activated the rearward manoeuvring thrusters, pushing the Frettaan back towards the Zytagg.

"Do you hear me, Va'kaar?" he growled through an open comms channel.
"I hear you Tuggno." The reply came. Tuggno grinned.
"I am calling on you to step down. Allow a more respected First to lead the Armada."
"You are a dying traitor! You have no right to issue your orders to me."
"It was not I who ended our leaders."
"I had hoped to avoid that. Events that happened were beyond my control."
"They were events you planned! It is you who are a traitor to the Zyll Swarm, not Togguhl and those who would follow him."
"You will die a traitor. No-one will hear your foolish words."
"I will soon be near enough to ignite my Frigate and hopefully put an end to your deceit." Tuggno gasped as the air slowly leaked from the bridge, "and as you will soon discover... all have heard my words... and yours."

Va'kaar stared out of the bridge view-port. Ships were starting to move away from the Frigate that was slowly nearing the carrier section of the Zytagg. Some moved steadily towards Togguhl's mini fleet, which now numbered about a dozen ships. Others moved to the far side of the Zytagg, while many still vied for position to move in the centre.

"Comms Officer! Is this an open communication?"
"Yes, my First." A surprised and shocked Fifth reported.
"SWITCH IT OFF! NOW! Helm Officer, get us away from that ship or you will pay with your life!"

Tuggno took one last deep breath and activated the firing streams within the vuron chambers. He felt the rumble as the agitated gas blasted its way through the bulkheads and the remains of the Frigate. The heat soared through the doorway behind him, melting it in an instant and consuming the entire bridge in its green wave of fury.

The Chronicles Of Jenson Quest - The Rise Of Va'kaar
The second part of the adventure, The Realms Of Jurrii will be on Kindle soon.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 2:50:33 AM PDT
Carol Arnall says:
The Other Place 99c Chrissie James was prone to phobias and night terrors while her sister Babs seemed to be adjusting to life with their stepfather, although both of the girls hated him. And Chrissie had many reasons to hate Alf Brown, the man who had married her mother Lily. Chrissie had a secret that she would not tell a soul except her imaginary friend. But was she really a figment of her imagination? And did Chrissie really travel to another time and another place, another life where she learned to cope with her phobias? An intriguing story of ghosts, reincarnation, and time travel.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 6:30:29 AM PDT
SIRIUS says:
BENDING THE BOYNE: A novel of ancient Ireland
Why were the great Boyne passage mounds abandoned at 2200 BCE? Including a Halloween/Samhain chapter, Night Of The Dead.

Winner, Next Generation Award 2011, historical fiction.

...Thought-provoking and entertaining.
--The Irish News, June 2011

...Bending the Boyne is a masterful weaving of myth, prehistory, and modern reality that reads faultlessly.
--Nancy Lorraine, Senior Reviewer, MBR Bookwatch

Excellent advance trade reviews and customer reviews since launch.
A quality title at a bargain price. 350 pp print and now via Kindle and Nook.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 6:33:10 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
Morning all, my current ranking for The Depths of Deception - is #5,712 in Kindle store,
and #96 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Mystery & Thrillers > Thrillers > Spy Stories & Tales of Intrigue.
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~
The Depths of Deception (11 five-star reviews)

"Exceptional ALMOST Captures How Good this book is!"

America has disappeared some years ago. A neo-fascist Party has come to power in the UK. China is on the rise. A submarine hurtles through the cold dark waters of the Atlantic en route to an unknown destination. Only the ship's doctor knows its true mission, but he is not who he appears to be.

A sweeping tale moving from the violent heart of Apartheid South Africa, to the ruins of the United Kingdom, and down to the edge of the world in the frozen Antarctic landscape, The Depths of Deception is a tale of revenge, served as a shatteringly cold dish.

"An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

"...one of the most remarkable books I've ever had the pleasure of reading"

"You get the sense that this author understands the "Human Condition" all too well. Our weaknesses, our hopes and our failures."

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 8:50:54 AM PDT
Travelman says:
Great action/adventure books set in West Africa during the turbulent sixties, including the memoir. (In Kindle and Paperback, except the novellas)
The Up-Country Man Memoir. 180,000 words. A personal account of the first one hundred days inside secessionist Biafra. Great reviews.
Tribal Gathering Eight not-so-short stories about all the human frailties. 104,000 words.
The Last Bature(Batuuree) Fiction. 102,000 words. The last white police officer in a failing ex-British colony tries to avert a catastrophe. Good review.
The following Novellas are extracted from Tribal Gathering as tasters at 99c each.
Boom Town 21,000 words. A man steals a fortune under cover of war.
Hot Metal 16,000 words. Strange happenings in the forest.
Juju-Men 14,000 words. Delivering a parcel brings death and destruction to the region.
I'm giving away one of my novellas until 31 October. Click on my profile to find my website for details.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 12:11:16 PM PDT
Breaking News:

`WOLFMAN' SERIAL KILLER STRIKES AGAIN
JOURNALIST KIDNAPPED BY AL-QAIDA

Details inside my first thriller novel DEADLINE. Murder, action and romance over 24 hours in a Toronto daily newspaper

Six 5-star Reviews:

"A truly remarkable debut by this author. The novel has elements of romance, mystery, suspense, a father, daughter relationship gone awry, political corruption, all woven expertly together, to come together in a satisfying and exciting climax." - Joan Hall Hovey, Author, Night Corridor and three other suspense novels

"Non-stop action and thrill a minute." -- Arthur J. Levine, author of Johnny Oops

"This is a gripping tale that you will have to finish before you put it to bed."-- Susan Jane McLeod, author of Soul And Shadow.

"The timeline in DEADLINE will keep you turning the pages breathlessly...." J. D. Michael Phelps, author of THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE ("The Mike Walsh Detective Novels".)

DEADLINE available in Kindle ($1.89) and paperback on Amazon, Nook and all other e-book formats through Smashwords.com.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 3:01:06 PM PDT
Biker Babs says:
Crushed (A Fredrickson Winery Novel)
The second installment in Barbara Ellen Brink's mystery series makes a fine wine from murder, romance, and revenge.

A single mom, newly hired as Fredrickson's chief winemaker, finds her simple world put to the test when her father is unexpectedly released from prison, and the man who got her pregnant at fifteen shows up from Italy wanting to play daddy nine years too late.
It's crush time at Fredrickson's and everyone is working feverishly to get the grapes in and ensure a great vintage. But creating the perfect wine can sometimes be murder...

Barbara Ellen Brink blends mystery, romance and winemaking, infused with a sense of humor and detail that brings Fredrickson Winery boldly to life with only a residual sweetness that hints of things to come. Keeping readers on the edge of their seats with quirky, tenacious heroines and despicable villains is what Brink does best. Crushed follows where Entangled left off, delving further into the lives at Fredrickson's.

Available in ebook & paperback.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 5:09:03 PM PDT
The Pen Pal 99c

A Myth, A Prophecy and A Curse 99c

Venom $2.99

You can sample each one or go to http://www.justaddfictionbooks.com and read the first chapter free under the Novel Samples Tab

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 9:54:07 AM PDT
The city is sick with a plague of ghosts.

Angry ghosts.

And they're hungry, too.

The Creeping City -- $.99

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 9:59:12 AM PDT
The Pen Pal

Here begins the story of Shaymus O'Shea, son, father, husband, and murderer, told through his eyes. His victims, shown no mercy, wait for justice, while his own daughter, Federal Agent, Katee Alice O'Shea, pursues a killer known as the Deer Hunter, unaware she hunts her own father.

Venom

When Katee arrives in Boston to solve the case of the mummified killer, nothing is what it seems. Blinded by treachery, Katee Alice O'Shea is thrown into the fire only to find out everything she was told was a lie.
Determined to solve the case and tip the scales of justice in her favor, Katee puts everything on the line, striking back against those who tried to destroy her.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 10:33:30 AM PDT
Philip Chen says:
Excerpt: The Silence Ends

With an explosive roar, multiple alarms wrenched the attendant from his routine-induced stupor. Red, orange and white lights flooded the dimly lit compartment in a psychedelic wash.

"[ ]!" said the suddenly energized sonar mate.

Dropping the spy novel his wife had sent to him in the last mail pouch; forgetting to mark his place, John Lawrence immediately switched on the backup sequence and began the checkout procedure. As a last step, Lawrence switched on the digital recorder.

"Transfer module," Lawrence said breathlessly into the microphone on the desk. "I gotta speak to the Captain." He could barely contain himself. The only sound in the now-quiet compartment was the steady drumming of Lawrence's fingers on the Formica counter. He waited anxiously for a response.

"What's up, John?" said the disembodied voice coming from the tiny speaker on the countertop. It was the deep bass voice of the Watch Station commander, William O'Shannon, a Captain in the United States Navy. O'Shannon had been in the transfer module discussing a training sequence with other crewmembers.

"Captain, the control panel just lit up like the Fourth of July."

"I'll be right there. Have you initiated backup?"

"Aye, sir. I also started the checkout procedure."

"Good."

In what seemed an eternity to Lawrence, O'Shannon walked the short distance from the transfer module to the command module. Lawrence turned from his intense scrutiny of the control panel when he heard the pressure door being unlatched with a metallic clang. Curiously, he felt a sudden wash of relief knowing that O'Shannon was with him.

"Okay, John, what do we have?"

"Nothing like I've ever seen before, Captain. Here, take a look."

"You're right. It sure doesn't look like background," said O'Shannon calmly. He silently watched the rapid amplitude changes and frequency shifts on the magnetometer. "Have you checked the seismometer?"

"Aye, sir. Absolutely nothing -- nothing at all. Everything is quiet, real quiet. One thing, Captain. The signal seems to repeat itself over and over." John pointed to the regularity of the spikes and valleys on the green-hued screen.

O'Shannon was puzzled. He studied the screen trying to see a pattern in the greenish trace on the screen, some sense of order. He finally looked up at Lawrence.

"You're right. Did you start the recording sequence?"

"Aye, sir."

"Get the DCO up here," said O'Shannon into the intercom.

Rubbing his eyes after the rude awakening, the Deputy Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Joshua Wong, entered the command module. "Yes, Captain."

"Mr. Wong, we have a verified signal."

Wong snapped fully awake. "I'll start the encoding process immediately."

"Good idea. Who gets to carry the message?"

"Machinist Mate George Waterson is scheduled for rotation on the next supply vehicle. He has clearance."

"Good. Alert Newport News."

"Aye, sir."

Wong took leave of O'Shannon and Lawrence, who continued to observe the rapidly shifting trace on the screens. There would be much to do in the coming days.

Falling Star | Print A very realistic science fiction thriller. 47 four and five star reviews in Amazon US and UK. 98,250+ words, 354 pages.

This book describes events which eventually became true in chilling detail such as the 2010 Russian spy ring in the United States, the recent discovery of a mysterious object in the Baltic Sea, and the super secret military force called JSOC. Get it before it becomes nonfiction or disappears in the hands of men in black.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 10:41:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 19, 2011 4:53:18 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 10:54:04 AM PDT
Kodai Okuda says:
A tale of epic proportions...
The Prodono ruled the galaxy for thousands of years.
Their civilization was built on the ashes of the galactic powers that came before it.
Prosperous and extensive was their dominion until they found the Sol system and the dark secret held within.
Now, millenia after the fall of the Prodono, an intelligent race has emerged from the third planet orbiting this cursed star.
The race of Man.

Only two ancient orders know the extent of the danger the antediluvian horror within our solar system poses.
One seeks to possess and control it, the other endeavors to destroy it.
In the midst of the struggle between the pair of secret societies, one man's plot is driven by his insatiable desire for power as he moves to release an ancient alien evil that has lay dormant for over 500,000 years.
Will mankind succumb to this alien evil, or will it discover it quickly enough to stop The Stygian Conspiracy (Nexus Arcana)? (732 pages, 361,119 words, now only $2.99)

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 11:15:28 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
An extract from The Depths of Deception (11 five-star reviews)

Antarctica.20xx.

"Daddy! Wake up!" the insistent voice said. "Wake up!"

I shook my head to clear it. The ends of my toes had the tell-tale numbness of frostbite. My breath billowed clouds in the frigid air. I coughed, my throat was dry. I scooped up some ice and sucked at it. My dead children regarded me. My daughter looked worried.

"You were screaming," she said.

"Was I?" I smiled at her earnest nod, feeling the skin of my face crack. I reached over to pat my daughter's head, her ice-covered hair making my gesture audible, as if I touched something solid. My bladder throbbed. I glanced at the entranceway, where the whirling snowflakes were gathering. The light was definitely weaker. The night was approaching. At last. I sat up, winced as something clicked in my back.

"You all right?" my older son said.

I nodded. "I just need to pee."

My children's flimsy shirts and short pants seemed too big for them. In the dim light, their bare skin was the color of condensed milk. I frowned at the scared look on my youngest boy's face. I tickled him under the chin; when I did that to him as a baby, he'd stick his tongue out.

"It's okay," I said. "It might never happen."

"It already has happened, Pa," he said sadly, as if the sins of the world rested on his shoulders. His sister sighed; she and my oldest huddled closer. I heard the crackle of ice in their hair.

"Go pee, Dad," my daughter said, putting her arm around her brother, making a scraping noise like a boot dragged across ice.

I nodded and crawled out of the igloo, pushing the fresh drift of snow clear of the entrance way. The landscape was a luridly yellow-orange color. The wind felt like razor blades. I flipped up the hood of my jacket to cover my head. It muffled some of the wind. I grunted as my bladder complained again. Moving a little way from the igloo, I pulled a glove off and, turning my back to the worst of the wind, went through the fumbling process before finally being able to urinate.

Bliss.

The remains of the sun hovered on the horizon: a tiny gold semi-circle. I shut my eyes, relishing urinating. The icy tundra resembled an illustration from a child's fairytale book. The wind had formed visible currents. Illuminated by the weakened sunlight, horizontal streams of orange-tinted snow were flowing. Above it, whirlpools spun briefly into existence, tumbling and then falling apart, merging with the endless motion across the ice shelf. I turned. Long flumes of snow were rising off the distant peaks; the sky beyond them darkening to deep purple-black, like a heavy storm approaching sunlit wheat fields.
The Antarctic night.

I heard a noise and smiled as my kids, one after the other, scuttled on all fours from the igloo entrance and stood up. The ice layering them sparkled in the sunlight. Herringbone patterns ran beneath their skin: frozen veins.

"All better?" said my youngest, cuddling close.

"Oh yes," I said, putting my arms around them. I squinted down, seeing the incongruous bulk of my thick boots alongside the bare feet and snow-covered toes.

My oldest spoke. "What happens when the sun sets completely?"

"Then the night will come," I said. "Complete darkness. It will last for months and months."

"Some are born to dark delight-" my daughter began.

I finished the quote, "And some are born to endless night."

My youngest shuddered. "Creepy!" he muttered, rubbing his arms. Twinkling ice fell.

"It'll be all right," I said, smiling at his woebegone expression.

"If you are looking for a story with great character development and an amazing ending, this is the book for you."

"...one of the most remarkable books I've ever had the pleasure of reading"

"An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

The Depths of Deception (11 five-star reviews)

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 7:44:57 PM PDT
Father Rob Anderson, an Australian priest in Italy, had a very special reason to ordain. He thought his life was set - until he was made curator of an ancient icon. The art conservator assigned to the task was young, Australian too... and beautiful. She came close to understanding him, which was very dangerous.

What was at stake? They both found out it was not merely his vocation, not merely an icon put together in a peculiar way. Rob Anderson's life turns upside down - and Jana Hayes's too.

They are chased for the secret in the icon: thrown together in sanctuary. Their lives would never be the same again. According to Luke is a romantic thriller with repercussions that would change a couple... and perhaps the Church, forever.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 10:37:28 AM PDT
Paul says:
Professor Atlas and the Summoning Dagger
In 1342, an old wizard stands atop a pile of rubble that was once a bustling village, complete with happy citizens, a vibrant marketplace, and a mighty castle. Cursing the conflict that brought this civilization to an untimely end, the old wizard bestows his last bit of magic on a spectacular dagger. He buries the dagger deep within the earth, praying that one day it will be found by somebody brave enough, and smart enough, to save the village from ruin.
Centuries later, Tyler Gerard and his best friend Brandon Giles enter a contest, the prize for which is the opportunity to join legendary explorer Professor Fielding Atlas on his quest to find the Summoning Dagger of Mercastus. Although both boys have the full and active imaginations that are typical of seventh graders, nothing will prepare them for the incredible adventure that lies ahead...
"Professor Atlas and the Summoning Dagger" will plunge you into a long-forgotten world and then make you feel at home, with a colorful cast of benevolent noblemen, plotting traitors, an obnoxious jester, and a teenaged girl who is as sharply insightful as she is handy with a crossbow. Professor Atlas, with his extensive academic knowledge and his impressive resourcefulness, serves as the perfect guide who will steer you through all of the perils and pitfalls.
Join Tyler and Brandon as they embark on the adventure of a lifetime. Starting out as two ordinary seventh-graders with a shared admiration for a clever, yet thoughtful and considerate role model, they eventually learn that the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders. In order to save the village of Hallswich, though, they must successfully navigate a strange world filled with thuggish henchmen, scheming evildoers, and one seemingly vicious knight.
"Professor Atlas and the Summoning Dagger" is a thrill ride that never disappoints. It is a story of friendship, loyalty, and honesty, with danger lurking behind every corner, and a whole lot of fun every step of the way.
Available in paperback and ebook form.
Book trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrHmbZA01F0
Professor Atlas and the Summoning Dagger

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 10:45:03 PM PDT
Tim Greaton says:
The Santa Shop (The Santa Conspiracy) 27 five-star reviews.

Christmas seen through the lens of suicide...

Skip Raltat is a man so steeped in grief that life can't go on. He has given up his job, his home, and even the discomfort of homelessness can't bury his knowledge that every breath he takes is unfair. His failure as a husband and a father had robbed life from the two most important people in the world to him. His wife and son were gone, and he had to join them. He deserved no less.

But as Skip begins his journey to a place famed for its Christmas Leap suicides, he has no idea that the eyes of a conspiracy are on him.

Some of Tim Greaton's titles:

The Santa Shop (The Santa Conspiracy) Christmas through the eyes of suicide.
Under-Heaven Pain doesn't end at death, at least not for nine-year-old Nate. See the amazing theater-like book preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrA0KoujsE
Zachary Pill, The Dragon at Station End (The Zachary Pill Series) Magic won't save you...but monsters might.
Bones in the Tree A chick-lit dating catastrophe in Maine
Ancestor - Book 1 A 1600's colonial terror wants to come back now.
Ancestor - Book 2 Friends stand against an evil too powerful to defeat.

99 cents each

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 11:38:45 PM PDT
Could you murder someone and not know it?

The Gap

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 5:34:21 AM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
FROM HELL
A giant fantasy epic of anarchic proportions: From Hell
Something outrageous this way comes...

Reader says: (4 star review)

"To say there's never a dull moment in this book would be quite an understatement. I can't help but think that those who like Tolkien will love it...
It's not all that often that I read something that can make me laugh at one page and weep at the next, but this one managed to do that. "

'In a future Land, a very trippy adventure is taking place. When the Queen botches a magic spell, Beezle, a cheerful demon is dispatched from Hell to collect her soul. Instead he falls in love with her daughter. Beezle relinquishes his magical powers, disguises himself as a woman, and sets out to catch the Princess. But can he survive without his magic in a country ravaged by violence and on the brink of war? And what will he do without his favorite wobbly bits?'

From Hell
Something outrageous this way comes...

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 5:39:47 AM PDT
SIRIUS says:
BENDING THE BOYNE: Why were the great Boyne passage mounds abandoned at 2200 BCE?

Winner, Next Generation Award 2011, historical fiction.

...Thought-provoking and entertaining.
--The Irish News, June 2011

...Bending the Boyne is a masterful weaving of myth, prehistory, and modern reality that reads faultlessly.
--Nancy Lorraine, Senior Reviewer, MBR Bookwatch

A quality title at a bargain price. 350 pp print and now via Kindle and Nook.

BENDING THE BOYNE: A novel of ancient Ireland

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 5:41:25 AM PDT
Hiding the Elephant: The first Simon Grant Mystery (Simon Grant Mysteries)
and its sequel
Lock Up Your Daughters: Sequel to Hiding the Elephant, Simon Grant Mysteries
have done very well over the past year.
Just recently they've been available on Kindle in a single volume:
Two Simon Grant Mysteries
and that's yet another popular choice.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 5:53:57 AM PDT
Philip Chen says:
Another Excerpt:

With a swirl of dust, the Huey settled on to the desert floor. Mike and McIntyre unbuckled their seat belts and jumped out of the open door. Crouching low, Mike and McIntyre ran out from under the still turning main rotor.

Walking the crash site with Mike, McIntyre retold the history of the Socorro incident. Shepherds had found the crash site and had notified the local sheriff. The sheriff, after arriving at the scene, immediately radioed Holloman Army Air Field. Swarms of Army Air Force investigators descended on the scene and picked it clean. Large portions of the wreckage were trucked out in unmarked tractor trailers to be flown to Wright-Patterson. The remains of the crew were also transported to Holloman Army Air Field and from there to Wright-Patterson.

Mike, who had read the voluminous reports on the Socorro incident, including the highly classified report concerning the mysterious sites, knew much of the material now being recounted by McIntyre.

Mike took in the topography of the New Mexican desert, broad flat plains interrupted only by a few flat-topped mesas. The Rio Salado flowed through the reservation. The Gallinas Mountains were in the distance. The scene was a splendid vista of cactus and sand. The azure sky was broken only by wispy clouds floating high above. An occasional hawk floated lazily in the sky hunting for its daily meal. Mike noticed several campfires on some nearby mesas. He asked McIntyre about them.

"As far we know those are Navajo medicine men communing with their gods. Been doing that for centuries, I hear."

Falling Star | Print A very realistic science fiction thriller. 47 four and five star reviews in Amazon US and UK. 98,250+ words, 354 pages.

This book describes events which eventually became true in chilling detail such as the 2010 Russian spy ring in the United States, the recent discovery of a mysterious object in the Baltic Sea, the super secret military force called JSOC, and secret couriers employed by our government for deliveries inside the U.S.. Get it before it becomes nonfiction or disappears in the hands of men in black.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  1726
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 89 customers

Search Customer Discussions