Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Calling for fan fic- based projects that are NOT "Twilight" erotica!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2012 6:04:39 PM PDT
I'm sure fellow self-pubbers everywhere are pounding their faces into their keyboards over "Fifty Shades". I propose doing something constructive: If you have an ebook version of something originally published as fan fiction (I propose the name "crypto fan fic"), come out of the closet! And so nobody's feeling self-conscious, here's my own entries:
Aliens Vs. EXOTROOPERS!
The Rookie
Zombie Vegas!
Zombies Vs. EXOTROOPERS!
Zombie Vegas Book 2
Zombie Vegas: Jacob And Two Women
Thing Vs EXOTROOPERS!

Some of these titles I consider among my best work; others were just a lot of fun!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:56:02 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 21, 2012 9:47:07 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:54:26 PM PST
Not this again.

Ok authors. Feel free to publish all the fan fiction you want but just so you know. If you charge for fan fiction which contains characters, vehicles, weapons, dogs, cats, or basically anything which is from pretty much any movie or book which is not in the public domain then the odds are high that you will be served a cease and desist order by lawyers and have all the offending materials pulled from every market. In addition it's possible that the owners will sue you and if they do then they will definitely win the judgement against you.

If you do want to charge for your fan fiction then alter the characters and environment enough that they are not identical though their inspiration can be recognized.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions