Customer Discussions > Memoir forum

memoirs by writers and artists

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 150 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 11, 2012 3:42:30 PM PDT
With everything in the news today about child molesters, the Jerry Sandusky trial and the ongoing scandals within the Catholic Church, I've recently gotten a book published that you might find very topical. It will help anyone who's interested to understand how this kind of thing continues to happen. It will also give you insight into the affect this type of abuse has on someone that young. It's called "Unraveling Charlie"
If you are interested please go to my website where you can read some sample chapters.
www.unravelingcharlie.com

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:50:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 31, 2012 4:30:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 2:37:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 30, 2012 2:46:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 11:30:00 AM PDT
I have always been a dancer of different genres, and this year my memoir, The Church of Tango, was published. It is about surviving different tragedies in life by finding joy in dancing--not just the tango, but country and western, flamenco, salsa, belly dance, disco, even aerobics, despite my being a widow "of a certain age." My story takes me from Los Angeles, where I was born and worked as a dance librarian and dance critic for a local newspaper, to France, Mexico, Holland, and finally to Buenos Aires where I've lived since 2003.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 6:25:35 PM PDT
Hi!
My name is Kimberly Borin and I just wrote a little book of memoirs of synchronicity. I am an artist (a very humble one) and the memoirs have art at the beginning of each chapter. It is a sweet and honest book, the goal to share stories, inspiration and moments where everything lines up perfectly for peace and laughter too! It is called, Laugher Salad. Best wishes to you for a wonderful day! - Kimberly Laughter Salad: A Nourishing Mix Of Inspiring Stories

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:37:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 6:46:10 PM PDT
I recommend "A Plain Brown Wren". This book touches every emotion you have. The story is about how a women becomes a survivor of childhood sexual abuse by several men including a women; starting at the age of 8 until 23. This woman worked with several therapists, but only when she started working with Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, MD., did she realize that the abuse wasn't her fault. Everyone likes to blame the victim. Most of her childhood and adult life she walked around depressed and had no understanding of why.

The book is a fast read and you won't put it down until you finish. This is a must read for anyone attending college for social work, psychology, working with individuals who have addictions with drinking or using drugs. I believe a lot of people try very hard to ease their pain from childhood abuse which most times cause some kind of addiction. "A Plain Brown Wren" can be purchased on amazon.com in paper back and kindle. I hope you would read the reviews first and then purchase the book.

A professor from the University of Maryland Baltimore uses this book as a workbook for her final test. I've been invited by Professor Monette every year for 3-years to speak to her class. It is a joy and a honor to be able to speak about my experiences and help the students who will help others in the future.

Thank you--

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2012 3:44:16 PM PDT
A CHILD BORN MAN inspirational autobiography of going through the storms and darkness in life to come to a complete spiritual balance

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 1:02:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 1:08:07 PM PDT
1MEEK1 says:
Memoirs of a New Age Feral Child. This is mine... My first book ever! I am a college student and this is the first of a three part series about my life. Enjoy :) i don't know if this falls under self promotion or not, but you asked about memoirs so I didn't think it would hurt.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:43:10 PM PDT
melanie says:
Reflections in a Broken Mirror by Melanie Drake is a very good read. Talks about many topics that are highly relate-able to many people. Domestic Violence, Eating disorders, prescription medications, alcoholism, toxic parents and dysfunctional families, attempted murder.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:53:14 PM PST
Booklover says:
Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom
Never Give In to Fear: Laughing All The Way Up from Rock Bottom by Marti MacGibbon is a great read about a woman who fell into and returned from the abyss.
In addition to exceptionally high reviews from Kirkus and Clarion, the book has 24 of 26 five star reviews (and 2 four star) from Amazon customers.
Check the book's description; read from the "see inside" feature. And see for yourself. Good story. Well written. I loved it.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:00:21 PM PST
Booklover says:
Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom
Never Give In to Fear: Laughing All The Way Up from Rock Bottom by Marti MacGibbon is a great read about a woman who fell into and returned from the abyss.
In addition to exceptionally high reviews from Kirkus and Clarion, the book has 24 of 26 five star reviews (and 2 four star) from Amazon customers.
Check the book's description; read from the "see inside" feature. And see for yourself. Good story. Well written. I loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:53:30 PM PST
Sophia says:
I recommend my book Sophia, My Life's Journey, author Sophia Horbacz. It is a great story of my life. I am sure you will like it.
Sophia Horbacz

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:01:34 PM PST
Lucia Powers says:
I recommend my eBook "A Movie with Steve Jobs" eBook, Free download on Nov 16, Friday PST/CA USA time A Movie with Steve Jobs

New version. 17500 words. A memoir & novelette.

"A Movie with Steve Jobs" eBook. A true story happened in 2011, just months before Steve Jobs died.
The ebook is about seeing movies "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and more, with Steve Jobs and an real-time streaming Mind-Reading interpreter.

It's controversial, with critical biographical and new journalism approach, it revealed a secret and a question to investigate...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 3:54:33 PM PST
melanie says:
Wonderful...I love memoirs..I too have one called Reflections in a Broken Mirror. I'm going to check yours out...Thanks for sharing!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:49:50 PM PST
Nunz999 says:
"Nobody washes me, I'm Italian" is a story about an Italian immigrant who came to the United States at the age of 8; met his father for the first time in New York; adjusted to the American way of life; and raised a family with strong values and with a great appreication for all he was given in the U.S.Nobody Washes Me, I'm Italian

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:06:01 PM PST
[[ASIN:1479206288 Emotional Memoirs

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 2:20:10 PM PST
Proust REMEMBRANCES OF THINGS PAST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:02:13 AM PST
Be nice says:
I would recommend this book - you might like it My Journey From Bosnia To AmericaMy Journey From Bosnia To America

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 10:59:07 PM PST
Jurassic731 says:
TroubleThis is a great memoir of a guy & his friends who have zero respect for anyone (particular those in authority), don't have a care in the world, have no second thoughts about anything. From suspensions to pranks, to restraining orders, girls, to arrets, to drugs, to drinking & to everything in between, it is entertaining cover to cover. The great thing is, is you read through all of these offensive & down right sick & twisted stories & then when you get to the end, you hear from the man he is today & his thoughts on everything he just shared with you. If you are easily offended than this book isn't for you, if you are a fan of someone like Tucker Max or if you are a kid in school who wants full proof methods on how to cheat on tests or ideas on how to cause havoc inside of your school (in my opinion, these guys are the masters) then this book will be right up your alley.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 12:02:19 PM PST
Hows about reading mine: "A Life not My Own" is the story of author T.M. Brown's childhood and young adult life. It's the story of a child raised by a teenage mom with a drug addiction, the life of a young black girl growing up Baltimore City during the 60s and 70s , one individual's personal relationship with God, the life of a female soldier in the Army during the 1980's and 90's, heartache, love and death.

Brown carried the manuscript around in her purse for more than 10 years! Then, just recently,(less than a month ago), she was presented with an opportunity to self-publish.

The book ( in eBook or soft copy) is available now:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 12:03:44 PM PST
I'd recommend "The Other Wes Moore". I really liked this one!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2013 1:41:20 PM PDT
In January we published our Aunt's diary which she kept growing up as a teenager in war torn Munich as a member of the Hitler Youth. She started it in late 1939 and continued until mid 1946. It provides a unique first person account of events as they happened and thought you might like to know it exists. The title is "Wolfhilde's Hitler Youth Diary 1939-1946", the book's FB page is at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wolfhildes-Hitler-Youth-Diary-1939-1946/438186536270986. Thanks, Doug.

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:50:53 PM PDT
My memoir was published June 1 and is now on Kindle. Love Him Madly: An Intimate Memoir of Jim Morrison

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2014 12:26:55 AM PDT
For those who have experienced alcoholism, dysfunction or violence in childhood and seeking to re-connect with lost childhood feelings I recommend: Earning My Parents' Love.

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 12:28:37 AM PDT
For those who have experienced alcoholism, dysfunction or violence in childhood and seeking to re-connect with lost childhood feelings I recommend: Earning My Parents' Love.

Earning My Parents' Love: Trying To Grow Up In Alcoholism, Violence & Dysfunction (Letters From An Adult Child of Alcoholism, Violence & Dysfunction) (Volume 1)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Memoir forum (160 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
memoirs by writers and artists 149 Jul 30, 2014
Coming-of-Age Memoir Source 17 Jun 15, 2013
Memoir has sold over 3000 copies this month. 28 May 28, 2013
Wolfhilde's Hitler Youth Diary 1939-1946 - New Book 1 Mar 2, 2013
Memoir: LeavingWayne 0 Feb 24, 2013
When a memoir blends with fiction 84 Feb 21, 2013
What is your favorite memoir? 218 Feb 8, 2013
Memoir regret?? 19 Jan 28, 2013
Please review my book. 1 Jan 12, 2013
drug memoirs 144 Jan 7, 2013
Most satisfying memoirs? 153 Dec 23, 2012
Can't remember the title, grrr! Help? 3 Dec 19, 2012

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Memoir forum
Participants:  110
Total posts:  150
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions