Customer Discussions > Memoir forum

Norma Jean's Sun, Memoir by Kris Allen Courtney

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2009 12:18:11 PM PDT
As an artist and author, the content of this Memoir is filled with a range of color descriptions that follow the life of my family through times of prosperity and despair. Norma, my mother, is determined to fill her life with energy and hope for a better tomorrow through the struggles associated with growing up. Her love, compassion and embracing smile captures the spotlight of all who witness. Inside this Novel, you will ask yourself a host of questions that are difficult to understand. It is the hope of this author, your view allows your own life to gain a deeper understanding. Be sure to check back often for updated content and images. My artistic expressions are drawn from personal experiences and memories that are reflected in this literature. Thank you for looking, Kris

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 12:21:06 PM PDT
Please consider visiting my website, www.kriscourtney.com and view the combined information I have posted. I look forward to hearing from all those who may be interested. Kris

Posted on Jun 9, 2009 1:43:33 PM PDT
Editorial Review

Available for Immediate Release
May 2009 Editorial Review

Your candle burned-out long before
Your legend ever did.

Those simple words from Elton John's famous song, "Candle in the Wind", could easily apply to the lives of many people. To Kris Courtney, these words touched his own heart at a time when he mourned the death of his mother, Norma Jean. A beautiful woman in her youth, Norma Jean met the challenges of life with grace and dignity and perseverance. She did not give up when her first and only child was born severely crippled. She wept when the doctors put her newborn baby into a body cast in an attempt to straighten his spine and his limbs. Through the countless surgeries during his grow-up years to correct his hands, arms, legs, feet, Norma Jean would declare with great insistence: "Fight, Kris, fight." One defeat after another did not set her back until, in the end, the fight was her own, a battle against cancer that she could not beat.

Norma Jean's Sun is Kris Courtney's tribute to a mother that sacrificed everything for her severely crippled son. Courtney is an artist in both paint and words. In his touching memoir, he captures the essence of a tragic life and the beauty that lies beneath the surface. His words paint a picture of a hardship and a suffering that only few could imagine. Using a painter's brush, Courtney scratches out his emotional story in an abstraction of language that parallels a life that just will not give up. As his mother told him many times, this remarkably talented man continues to "Fight".

Norma Jean's Sun is a story about differences and the tragedies that life presents a person who is visibly different from the rest. Norma Jean's Sun is recommended by: Emily-Jane Hills Orford, Allbooks Reviews

Posted on Jun 28, 2009 3:13:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2009 3:15:04 PM PDT
Norma Jean's Sun, an incredible true story of artistic parallelism has been accepted into the Online catalog of Barnes - Noble Books. Continued growth in sales, International distribution, 5 star reviews and word of mouth have continued to grow. It was with great honor that we are included into the worlds greatest Online resource for todays newest and most dynamic literature.

October 2nd will begin a weekend long scheduled Signing engagement located at the Midfest International 2009 Indonesia Festival in Middletown Ohio. In cooperation with the Middletown Fine Arts Center, Author Kris Courtney will be onsite to sign, meet and autograph personal copies of his Memoir.

www.kriscourtney.com

Posted on Jul 6, 2009 6:07:59 PM PDT
Norma Jean's Sun

Updated Cover Art & Nomination for Best Memoir 2009

I am self supporting in my efforts in many ways and I ask you take time and consider reviewing. To date, the reviews and the kindness has been good and excellent feedback. I appreciate your efforts to all, thank you.

Posted on Jul 29, 2009 7:20:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2009 7:21:35 PM PDT
Norma Jean's Sun

Available in December 2009, the Second Edition revised editor's copy will be available. Beginning immediately, I have reached an agreement with a world known author, advisor and editor to assist in the revised second edition. Please be sure to check back often for update and status.

Until such time, the limited First Edition will remain on Sale.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Memoir forum (160 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
memoirs by writers and artists 149 2 days ago
Coming-of-Age Memoir Source 17 Jun 15, 2013
Memoir has sold over 3000 copies this month. 28 May 28, 2013
Wolfhilde's Hitler Youth Diary 1939-1946 - New Book 1 Mar 2, 2013
Memoir: LeavingWayne 0 Feb 24, 2013
When a memoir blends with fiction 84 Feb 21, 2013
What is your favorite memoir? 218 Feb 8, 2013
Memoir regret?? 19 Jan 28, 2013
Please review my book. 1 Jan 12, 2013
drug memoirs 144 Jan 7, 2013
Most satisfying memoirs? 153 Dec 23, 2012
Can't remember the title, grrr! Help? 3 Dec 19, 2012

This discussion

Discussion in:  Memoir forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions