sarcofago- rotting
expulser-the unholy one
mutilator- immortal force

winterwolf- cycle of the werewolf 12"
sigh- infidel art -3x12"
sigh- ghastly funeral theatre + tragedies -12"

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 2:50:17 PM PST
"64kbit transcodes"

[stares] [blinks] Well...it plays and it doesn't give me a virus, so that's good enough for me.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 3:44:08 PM PST
Trekker1 says:
Ok.

CD quality files when ripped are uncompressed. When you rip them as an .mp3 file, they become compressed, thus losing audio quality. This is done by limiting the amount of data per second, or kilobytes per second. (kbps) So the lower the kbps, the lower the audio quality.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 3:46:27 PM PST
Considering I'm only "test driving" these albums (purchases may come later if they're any good) it really doesn't bug me. And I believe that the DLs I get are around 160-ish of those doohickies so I don't know if that's good or not...

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 3:50:01 PM PST
Trekker1 says:
Well it's either v2, or 160 CBR (Constant Bit Rate)....the latter would make me cringe. But hey, I'm a cheapass audiophile :P

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 3:52:09 PM PST
Well...it is what it says it is, it doesn't give me a virus, and it plays. And that's all I really ask of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 3:52:13 PM PST
Jayke Smith says:
Burbs,

Why did you get 3 copies of the same album?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 3:58:25 PM PST
<<<<
Why did you get 3 copies of the same album?
>>>>

?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 4:36:48 PM PST
sigh- infidel art -3x12"

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 4:38:37 PM PST
The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm is on its way all the way from Portugal..in your face WNBS

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 4:41:38 PM PST
Jayke Smith says:
Whitenoise,

Thanks, I was driving so I couldn't reply right away. Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 4:47:10 PM PST
Trekker1 says:
Dead Raven Choir - My Firstborn Will Surely Be Blind LP

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 4:51:00 PM PST
no problem prettyboy, glad to help. don't think he saw it anyway hah.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 5:32:35 PM PST
<<<
Whitenoise,

Thanks, I was driving so I couldn't reply right away. Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
>>>

ahhh.
it's a triple lp vinyl set

I would have said
3x Sigh Infidel Art 12" if I bought multi copies.
:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 5:44:04 PM PST
Jayke Smith says:
Burbs,

Cool, makes sense to me, thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Whitenoise,

I'm glad you finally have something you can call me, it makes me feel better about calling you "old man" all the time. Funny enough, my bandmate Mike's sister couldn't remember my name right after I met her, and when she asked Mike about me she referred to me as "the pretty one". Lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 6:06:24 PM PST
Jacob,

If you like 'pretty boy', then 'pretty boy' it is. you know it's funny, I had you pictured in my head as blonde for some reason. I guess it's my personal Utah stereotype. Not that it really matters, seeing as how you're already taken haha. No but really someone has to be the pretty one in any group so I guess you're it man. I guess all us long haired dudes get that pretty boy crap at one time or another from somebody, I'm just glad that I'm too old to be called pretty anymore, except by Marko maybe, but he's just jealous. Besides the fact that I cut my long hair awhile back, cuz it's just not metal to be pretty.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 6:16:38 PM PST
The arsis album-Starve for the devil... i "checked it out on myspace" (wink wink)

So far, the new album seems to have more of a thrash influence than the last 3 albums. As you know the quality of "MYSPACE" music is crap... whoever ripped that should be slapped twice... but it seems that everything sounds a bit less precise. But again... its probably a crappy rip. However, other than the slight quality issues of what ive heard... A+ and i will certainly buy it when it drops feb 9th.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 6:30:00 PM PST
<<<
Besides the fact that I cut my long hair awhile back, cuz it's just not metal to be pretty.
>>>

well, I'm metal to the bone then
lol

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 6:32:32 PM PST
I must be the most un-metal guy on the board..well next to pretty boy floyd up there

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 6:52:35 PM PST
hey burbs

You planted the seed the other night, and now I can't get Abagail out of my head. I've been on youtube for like an hour listening to every song they've got there, where does one find these records?? I gotta have these man.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 7:09:24 PM PST
<<<
hey burbs

You planted the seed the other night, and now I can't get Abagail out of my head. I've been on youtube for like an hour listening to every song they've got there, where does one find these records?? I gotta have these man.
>>>

i KNOW I can get you the new one on wax, and I have a copy of Intercourse and Lust on wax ... might the power of abigail finally force you to fire up a turntable? lol.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010 7:17:52 PM PST
Trekker1 says:
Actually wax...or are you just using the word in place of vinyl? I didn't know that there were still albums being put on wax.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2010 4:44:59 AM PST
Eh... im stuck with the military haircut... i look awesome though!

I do push the bounds of length though... and its not like im a marine

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 11:56:56 AM PST
MetalBru says:
Grave - Into The Grave/Tremendous Pain
Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks Beside Me
Oranssi Pazuzu - Muukalainen Puhuu
Disgrace - Grey Misery/Debts Of God
Demilich - Nespithe

Posted on Jan 21, 2010 8:53:04 AM PST
Trekker1 says:
In Mourning - Monolith
Astral Silence - Astral Journey
Mnemic - Sons of the System
Overkill - Ironbound
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool (bite me!)
Shining (Nor) - Blackjazz
And my 180 gram Invaders Must Die came this morning. Yay me!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  203
Total posts:  5009
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2010
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions