Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Suffocation - 'Pinnacle of Bedlam'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 7:46:55 AM PST
C. Harding says:
Suffocation has announced the release date and revealed the cover art for the new album:

http://loudwire.com/suffocation-reveal-release-date-and-album-art-for-pinnacle-of-bedlam/

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:07:09 PM PST
C. Harding says:
Ah well.....I'm excited even if no one else is. haha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:12:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 12:14:41 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I'm definitely stoked about this.

I like the artwork. Admittedly the thing that comes to mind is South Park's rendering of the Dark Lord Cthulu in the Mysterion episode series... Some sort of Walrus looking Demi-God... Pretty dope picture. Sad that the hand created masterpieces of Dan Seagrave are going by the wayside, agreed, this is still cool lookin though.

I don't think the font chosen for the title on the cover is too much to raise concern over. This is Suffocation we are talking about here. These guys will not - repeat - will NOT - conform to some weak trend of 'core' anything. These guys' DNA structure is incapable of producing anything other than hands down, fists clenched, steel toed death metal right to the dome.

Blood Oath is a great album, may have suffered production wise a bit, but those are death metal songs done the way these guys know how through and through. Dave Culross is the man, proved himself with this band on Despise the Sun, and is overwhelmingly credible in the extreme metal field from taking the drum throne on Gorgasm's Bleeding Profusely, Hate Plow's The Only Law is Survival, and Malevolent Creation's Eternal, Fine Art of Murder, Envenomed, Warkult, and Doomsday X. The guy shreds. dang...forgot he's on Incantation's Infernal Storm too (slaps self out of it)...

So I highly anticipate this followup to Blood Oath with much excitement. Hobbes, Boyer, Mullen, and Culross - ought to prove to be a virile mix with punishing results.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:12:41 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I took too long to type that to get it in before this post here hahaha.... (see above for my excitement per this release)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:53:00 PM PST
...not to mention the guitarist said it's their best album ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:17:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 2:41:22 PM PST
C. Harding says:
Hahahaha.......guess I posted again too soon.

I have to say I'm pretty excited about this album. IMO, Suffocation has been one of the more consistent death metal bands that I know of in my relatively limited experience. No, not every album is great, but they're all at least very good if you ask me. And I agree with you that you know what you're going to get with them, in that it's going to be some heavy, brutal, technical-without-too-much-wankery stuff. I can't imagine them ever releasing an album like 'The Unspoken King' or 'Illud Divinmum Insanus' where they completely change their style and piss off a large portion of their fanbase.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 2:51:02 PM PST
A customer says:
Look what Mike Smith said after his departure: "The new drummer won't have a hard time, because the hired guitarists can't play the songs, so he will have nothing to worry about."

Dayum! Been a while since we had a good beef. A good death metal beef, that is.

I'm still looking forward to the album

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:52:27 PM PST
A customer says:
Good call. This...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-XOsurYbwE

nothing more to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:28:05 PM PST
A customer says:
Who said that? Whether it was Terrance Hobbs or Guy Marchais makes a HUGE difference, as only one of those guys played on Effigy, Breeding and Pierced.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:19:57 PM PST
mitch says:
speaking of bands I like better than Cryptopsy....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:03:24 PM PST
Hobbes I believe. It was in the OP's loudwire link.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:15:07 AM PST
C. Harding says:
Bands always say that stuff about their newest work. I don't expect it to be their best, but I'm confident it will be good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions