Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Cryptopsy: Blasphemy Made Flesh vs. None So Vile

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 12:44:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 3:36:26 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Blasphemy Made Flesh is better than None So Vile.

Why do I think so? I like the complete sound of the album better. The snare sound is a bit more primitive and raw - in your face. The pedals have that kick a s s old school death gut punch type sound. The ride is very loud, very clear, and with the kick and snare just makes for a very primitive death metal sound - that I love very much.

The bass lines are very audible, and perfectly mixed, so on top of the drums and along side the guitars it layers everything out perfectly.

The guitar tone is crazy, sick, and maddening. From the album get go to the final chorus....which is "And then we fu(n)ked it!!" by the way..., the guitars just put you in this insane asylum labyrinth of chaotic riffing that leaves you suppressing psychopathic urges track after track.

Don't get me wrong - None So Vile is a one of a kind, phenomenally written and performed album. Those bass thwack solos are unmatched. I just think that Blasphemy Made Flesh tops it out in just plain old sound. Which is mean as hell and fast as can be.

I'm sure this discussion has taken place before, but, whatever, I brought i t up again. What do you think?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 5:24:17 PM PST
A customer says:
The production on BMF was awful to my ears. Have you heard Ungentle Exhumation? The production on that demo was WAY better than what ended up on BMF. As for everything else, the songwriting, the musicianship, the vocals, the lyrics, the aesthetics, the atmosphere, everything, None So Vile chews Blasphemy Made Flesh up and spits it out. I mean, it's not even close.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:29:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 9:33:02 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Disagree.

I need to get Ungentle Exhumation.

I like the way Blasphemy Made Flesh sounds. As I described in the earlier post, the placement of each instrument is perfect. The drumming sounds a lot meaner and beast-like on Blasphemy Made Flesh, and I like that. Lord Worm is a bit more cut throat. That triple scream on the intro with the sick as hell snare tone and ride cymbal is exactly what I'm talking about.

The spit out remains of Blasphemy Made Flesh you refer to would reform T-1000 style and slowly emaciate None So Vile until only a poignant vapor remained...

http://youtu.be/W6MYNceWgzc

It is extremely close as both albums are untouched by a single band in this type of intensity - but the "not even close" comment you make is an exaggeration. I can see why someone would like None So Vile more, that's my point in bringing it up though - me personally, I like this sound better. Flo is just God in the form of a Canadian extreme metal drummer on this album....

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:35:02 AM PST
mitch says:
Not sure I ever appreciated this band quite as much as most people seem to but Blasphemy Made Flesh rips quite successfully from start to finish..None So Vile is great too, but I've heard best death metal album of all time thrown out at this one, that confuses me, as I there are many albums before and after it which are superior imo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 9:42:14 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
"there are many albums before and after it which are superior imo."

Agreed.

I just think that in this style, (spastic/frenzied/maniacal/reckless/choking on guts death metal), these guys took the cake big time.

Death metal being defined as a pretty varied style - so yes, there are other album that would take the throne for greatest death metal album of all time. But in this style they played - I'd say they got everyone beat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 2:10:41 PM PST
A customer says:
No, it's not an exaggeration. I honestly think Blasphemy Made Flesh is a mediocre death metal album. None No Vile is a masterpiece of Victorian aesthetic. And yeah, check out Ungentle Exhumation. Here's the same song, "Gravaged", album version and demo version, respectively;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2DsbIncCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pcGCW755Dg

Now you tell me, which one has more balls?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 2:48:51 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I listened to the whole demo on youtube after posting earlier today. The production is clearer - and Worm's voice is definitely pretty beastly - I'll have to get my hands on the demo and play it a lot to come to a complete conclusion.

Initially - I still like Blasphemy better, it is more fluid. I would never use the word mediocre to describe such an album. This is why I threw the question out there - was curious to know what everyone thought. I am not surprised to hear your response. You called a track on Elvenefris boring the other day, and said you don't enjoy Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm. That is the beauty of music, sounds different to each person who hears it.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:08:29 PM PST
A customer says:
Kevin, how many times have I namedropped Elvenefris here? You know that's one of my favorite albums ever. What I said was that it was getting old because I was playing it too often. That's never happened to you?

And have you ever spun None So Vile while playing Castlevania? It's got that perfect vibe of dungeons and castles and medieval torture. Blasphemy doesn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:25:33 PM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Haha I know I know - I was just bustin your balls a bit for speaking anything other than infallible praise for that album. Anything played over and over gets boring...

I have not played None So Vile while playing Castlevania.

I am not saying anything negative about None So Vile at all. My point is that between the two of them - I like Blasphemy more. Both are completely destructive steel toe pressed down on your throat brutality. I absolutely love the bass solo with the massive thwack in Slit Your Guts - completely bad a s s. That album rules, they both rule - I think Blasphemy is the more to my liking, better album.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 3:16:55 PM PST
None So Vile is a top 10 of all time death metal album.

Blasphemy belongs in the top 50, somewhere in there

Both are amazing. One is just that much better in my eyes.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:23:17 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 7, 2012 8:56:16 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 8:20:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 8:21:00 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I figured I was in the minority by putting Blasphemy above None So Vile. Both do effing rule - this is for sure.

I still gotta pick up the new album............damnit
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions