Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

What are you listening to NOW Part 2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 12:41:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2011 3:06:39 PM PDT
@ Skog

I have been listening to 'Phoenix Amongst the Ashes' all day. I know it is a little early, but I think this may be their best album to date. One thing that immediately jumped out at me was the glossy production, Hate Eternal always seems to have sloppy production, so to hear the HQ sound was a pleasant surprise(Dont get me wrong, I love all of their albums). My favorite song so far is "The Art of Redemption" I like the quirky Psyopus-like lead in followed by the impaling blast beats and possessive guitar riffs.....What's your take on it so far??

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 12:48:46 PM PDT
I'm liking it so far. I actually like the last album 'Fury and Flames'. Some people didn't like it because of the "wall of sound" and how you couldn't hear Alex's bass.....but if you listen really hard you can hear it. Oh well to each there own.

The DVD is pretty awesome as well if you haven't alread got it.

Posted on May 10, 2011 1:01:57 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
I never really understood what was the big deal with Hate Eternal. They are by no means lousy but they really aren't anything special. Their new album sounds promising although I haven't heard the whole thing. My friend Marcos swears by them and always tries his hardest to get me into them but I am for the most part unreceptive. Maybe it's just me. Doesn't Erik Rutan sing for them or something?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 1:21:55 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
Yeah (Eric Rutan) [ ex Ripping Corpse,Morbid Angel ] he's the main song writer lead vokillist. Dude get Conquering the Throne, their debut, it is a death metal classic. I believe the followup to that King of All Kings is one hell of a death metal album any avid head banger should own. I, Monarch is also an incredible effort from them. Losing Derek Roddy was tough for me to cope with, so I do enjoy Fury and Flames, just not as much, still a good listen though. I cannot wait to get my hands on Phoenix Amongst the Ashes...

Posted on May 10, 2011 1:40:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2011 1:42:17 PM PDT
"I,Monarch" is INSANE....

Derek Roddy was playing left foot Clave on a Ribbon Crasher while he Single Stroke/One Foot Blasted faster than 98 % ov Hyper Gravity Blast Dummers........

The Thermo Dynamics ov that concept alone are enough to send Seasoned Physics Professors to Arkham Asylum for an indefinate stay........

Excuse me while I kiss the Firmament......

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 2:15:28 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
yeah track three with the snare foot pedal action blows my freakin mind....I love slamming my head to the title track I, Monarch...with the Tibetan Monks in the beginning....that song is super killer...

Posted on May 10, 2011 2:57:43 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
Yeah I have been trying to find a link to stream their new album but have been unsuccessful so far. I'll have to check out their older one's. Something about constant blast and grind beats seem to annoy me I guess that is why. The guitar work sounds great although the production could def use some work.

Posted on May 10, 2011 3:13:16 PM PDT
Bite thy forked tongue...for if we hath learned anything....it is that Rutan is Master Production Blacksmith.....and a Gentleman and a Scholar behind the Mixing Board....

Ok....the Debut....had some pretty lo-fi tendencies.....but what a monster ov an album........

Posted on May 10, 2011 3:16:30 PM PDT
C. Harding says:
Death's 'Human'

Posted on May 10, 2011 4:11:46 PM PDT
earlier The End Complete-Obituary

now Seepia-Portal

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 5:38:04 PM PDT
Do you have the Rock in Rio video?

Posted on May 10, 2011 6:26:11 PM PDT
Black Sabbath - The Eternal Idol

The second cd that features Ray Gillean singing is awesome, the production is rawer and the guitars are more up front. \m/

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 1:23:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2011 1:24:48 AM PDT
E. Ferrigno says:
@Skull Hunter

Like I was telling ravenousFreak, a record label from Italy called Nuclear Abomination is going to put out their{Nuclear Death} demos, remasters, ect.
I emailed them asking if they had a release date. This was their responce:
"Not yet, Lori Bravo is taking a long time to supply us with the master tapes."

"I do already have much of the release ready (layout, tracklist, audio) but Lori is going to send us a lot of extra material and probably some of it will be redone".

It is just all in her hands now.

Mick

Posted on May 11, 2011 3:11:08 AM PDT
That scares me....as Lori Bravo seems to want to follow in Courtney Love`s footsteps when it comes to everything......it took HOW many years to hear that genius Nirvana track on the greatest hits?.....

I really LOVE me some Nuclear Death......my absolute favorite Old School Death Metal/Grind/Sludge/whatever band ov all time....cheerz

Posted on May 11, 2011 4:27:26 AM PDT
Mashui says:
Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers

Posted on May 11, 2011 5:04:12 AM PDT
Mashui says:
Anthrax - Metal Thrashing Mad

Posted on May 11, 2011 5:54:46 AM PDT
Emmure "Goodbye to The Gallows".......Damn the Torpedoes/Haterz.....these Soldiers ov Misfortune are BEYOND Genius......

(Cue Midpaced Triggered Bass Drum/Floor Tom Breakdown/Pseudo-Pitch Harmonic X 100,000,000).....

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 6:26:35 AM PDT
E. Ferrigno says:
@WR

Listening to "Heidevolk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddQ2cmtCFM&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 6:31:30 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
maybe follow that with Malevolent Creation - Blood Brothers...

Posted on May 11, 2011 6:31:54 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
Strapping Young Lad - The New Black

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 6:35:17 AM PDT
Mashui says:
Is it a cover?

Iron Maiden - These Colours Don't Run

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 6:36:46 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
Nope, just a song of the same title. One of my favorite tracks by them...

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2011 6:41:15 AM PDT
E. Ferrigno says:
New Black/Death from Greece "Incest in Heaven"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCMwswaGBpQ&feature=related

Posted on May 11, 2011 6:43:36 AM PDT
The 7th Of Never-Chastain

Posted on May 11, 2011 8:48:19 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
Destruction's 'The Antichrist'
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  227
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 9, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions