Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Most anticipated of 2013?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 125 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2013 7:22:58 AM PST
what are some of the most anticipated albums of the new year? any metal genre...ive been out of the loop lately and wanting to hear some new stuff.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:10:46 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Sabbath-album and tour!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:35:18 AM PST
love sabbath!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:24:44 AM PST
C. Harding says:
I haven't really looked at what's slated for this year, but off the top of my head and at the moment, Suffocation's album is my most anticipated 2013 release.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 10:47:45 AM PST
jgamerfl says:
the new Helloween album

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 11:54:34 AM PST
when is Helloween's new album due out?

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:47:30 PM PST
C. Harding says:
@velvet revolver, according to about.com, they have Jan. 22 listed as the release date for Helloween.

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/toppicks/a/cdreleasedates.htm

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:02:46 PM PST
A customer says:
Necrophagist, Eminem, and GZA's Liquid Swords Pt. 2. I don't have high hopes for Sabbath, unfortunately.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:43:21 PM PST
C. Harding says:
If Necrophagist actually does release something this year, that's at the top of my list. I'm not going to hold my breath, though, since I think it was one of my most anticipated albums for 2012. Oh yeah, and the new Gorguts album.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:01:16 PM PST
A customer says:
Wasn't Detox the most anticipated album in like 2005? I was going to list Detox, but I honestly don't think it's ever coming out. I could say that my hype has died for it over the years, but that would be a bald-faced lie. I. Want. Detox. BAD.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:35:37 PM PST
This is the same answer I gave last year. Gorguts.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 3:52:12 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 27, 2013 1:46:49 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 4:29:12 PM PST
Amon Amarth

Hail Of Bullets

Darkthrone

Tribulation

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:51:51 PM PST
Black Sabbath
Queensryche w/new singer
Iron Maiden
Michael Schenker Group

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 5:21:43 AM PST
Justin G. says:
Ghost, Volbeat, Vanishing Point, Leprous, Voyager.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:34:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 8:34:30 PM PST
N. Bojer says:
Avantasia, Stratovarius, Holy Grail (even though I was not impressed with the Dark Passenger single).

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 8:32:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2013 8:33:03 AM PST
Ash Krueger says:
Voivod- Target Earth
Helloween- Straight Out of Hell
Krokus- Dirty Dynamite

There's also new Deep Purple, Ghost, Phil Anselmo, Black Sabbath, Cathedral, Omen, Pagan Altar, Down, Saxon, Satan, and Rob Zombie on the way. Not sure about the titles or exact release dates. Motorhead is hoping to get something out by the end of the year from what I've heard in various interviews and Motley Crue claims they've got a new one on the way. King Diamond mentioned over the summer that they'd be writing in the fall so if all went as planned they should be into that by now. I would love a new King Diamond record. It's been nearly 6 years since the last. And of course there's always hope that second Control Denied will see the light of day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 8:43:19 AM PST
C. Harding says:
I'm pretty curious about what Motley Crue comes out with. I thought 'Saints of Los Angeles' was solid and their best since 'Dr. Feelgood'.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 4:44:20 PM PST
i agree...im almost ashamed to say I actually enjoyed saints of los angeles. lol. it was a legit effort tho.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 5:28:56 PM PST
Is there a new Maiden due, because that would be awesome! (I suspect not, though).
The new Sabbath - er, "Ozzy & Friends" - well, "Devil You Know" and "Who Cares" were pretty good, so hopefully it's up to those standards. I haven't followed Ozzy's later career, but he sounds pretty shot on the bonus track I heard from the "Reunion" thing - I might get used to his current voice like I have many another aging metal singer, though!
If the new Fates Warning is anything like the Arch/Matheos album, that should be a highlight.
Apparently the ("retired") Scorpions are putting out an album of unreleased songs they wrote in the 80s. Could be good - I've picked up a lot of their non-album tracks, and they're pretty enjoyable. Don't know if they'll be newly recorded or from-the-vaults.
I'm hopeful for the new Deep Purple - Gillan actually sounded pretty good on the "Who Cares" stuff, although the last Purple album (while decent) was one of their weaker ones. I thought they were great on the post-Ritchie albums Purpendicular and Abandon (two really strong albums), but after Lord left they were good, but not brilliant.
I don't know when it's due, but Blind Guardian are working on an orchestral thing.
I think Finntroll are in the studio, too!

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:01:53 PM PST
I am stoked about some releases this year. But I agree with you on this Ash I would love some new King and Control Denied would be great both are long over due.
New Fates Warning I would only like if they went back to formula.
Queensryche I stopped listening to them just uninspired material,however I will give this new vocalist a turn at bat.
Vital Remains Gorguts Hate Eternal Macabre Atheist Suffocation and Voivod since Blacky is back in the fold and Dan Mongrull from Martyr and who played guitar on Cryptopsys Unspoken King Tour is permanent.His style fits his guitar sound everything has that PIGGY style.

I really wish Vinny Paul would get that 2nd Damage Plan release out.I would love to hear how that album sounds.The guitar I believe was laid down already or most of it that would really be nice to hear Dime again.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:09:00 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
For the third year in a row....Control Denied's "When Man and Machine Collide".

I've literally read a new article every December the last three years describing a "new deal" struck with Perseverance Holdings regarding the final completion of Chuck's last album with Control Denied. The one I just read, I hope is actually true. Would really love to hear that completed material.

Deeds of Flesh - Portals To Canaan
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
Gorguts
Monstrosity?
Disinter
Broken Hope

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 1:52:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 2:27:39 PM PST
Chris D says:
New Tribulation yeah that would be way cool....
New Queensrychye - gonna give these guys one shot at this with the new singer...one shot only
Understand Carcass have a new one on the way too (unofficially)...just a rumour.
A couple of new trackes recorded for the new Megadeth album too which, given the horrible last effort needs to be really good.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:54:49 AM PST
Any new material from Sanctuary would be an absolute bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:47:54 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
That it would...I thought I remembered them working on something....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  125
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions