Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Your Guilty Pleasure

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 271 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 9, 2012 5:50:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 9, 2012 5:52:48 AM PDT
Who's that band and/or album that you enjoy that you kinda keep to yourself............the band/album you don't talk about at partys.

Keep it to "rock/metal"
This should get some laughs.

Posted on May 9, 2012 7:19:14 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
Sorry, but I hate the term "guilty pleasure." I don't see why I should apologize for liking Turbo or Cold Lake or the three Poison albums sitting on the shelf. I enjoy listening to them, and am happy to say so.

Posted on May 9, 2012 7:19:53 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
OK fine, the new Freedom Call is pretty embarrassing, but it's sooo catchy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 7:50:14 AM PDT
No need to apologize, Justin, scream it from the mountaintops. Stand tall and proud, there's nothing wrong with enjoying a little "Cherry Pie".........oops, my bad, that's Warrant. Poison/Warrant......whatever, LOL!

Posted on May 9, 2012 7:52:57 AM PDT
Guess I have to admit to my ownership and fondness of NIGHT RANGER - 7 Wishes..........I feel a little better now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 8:07:47 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
That's OK. I have Cherry Pie too.

Posted on May 9, 2012 12:06:43 PM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
Make it 3 on the Warrant. I have always enjoyed Cherry Pie and Dog Eat Dog. That first album isn't too bad either. After that it got sketchy. I, too, don't really feel guilty about enjoying songs like "Uncle Tom's Cabin" or "So Damn Pretty (Should Be Against the Law)" but I know a lot of metal fans give you that look when you admit to doing so.

Others:

Meatloaf- Always loved his voice, the great over-the-top piano and rock guitar duo, and the teen angst-ridden lyrics of Steinman. Plus Bat Out of Hell III flirted with metal on songs like "The Monster is Loose," "In The Land of the Pigs (The Butcher is King)," and "If it Ain't Broke (Break it)." I know a lot of people really despise Meatloaf. In fact, growing up I didn't know a single other fan. Yet somehow that first album has a diamond certification. A lot of closet Meatloaf fans?

Extreme- A band that is forever associated with an acoustic ballad. Don't let that fool you. They've done some great funky hard rock tunes through the years.

Poison's Native Tongue- I have never liked Poison. In fact, I consider them my least favorite of all the major glam acts. Yet for some reason, I really enjoy Native Tongue. Maybe it's the different style that Ritchie Kotzen brought in. I don't know.

Michael Bolton's Everybody's Crazy- Enough said.

Judas Priest's Turbo- Yeah I like it too. Not their best but I actually enjoy it more than the majority of the "Ram it Down" or "Demolition."

Posted on May 9, 2012 12:41:52 PM PDT
mitch says:
Crue- Dr. Feelgood
Maiden- Fear of the Dark
Skid Row- all
Meatloaf- Bat out of hell
Dokken- all early stuff
Journey
Manowar
Sade

Posted on May 9, 2012 1:30:19 PM PDT
A customer says:
None. I'm not ashamed for enjoying anything I enjoy. I guess some entities that could be seen as guilty pleasures would be Limp Bizkit, Waking The Cadaver, Bring Me The Horizon, Alesana, My Chemical Romance, (old) Insane Clown Posse, Kraanium, AKB 48, so on and so on (why don't you let me roll on (I remember back in the days when I used to have to get my stroll on)).

Posted on May 9, 2012 1:56:12 PM PDT
Skid Row-First 2 albums
Dokken-With George Lynch
Fear Of The Dark-Iron Maiden
Ram It Down-Judas Priest

Posted on May 9, 2012 3:46:28 PM PDT
mitch says:
Pantera - Power Metal
Kiss- Revenge
Van Halen- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Wasp- first 3

Posted on May 9, 2012 4:28:14 PM PDT
k scott says:
How can Dokkken be a guiltly pleasure??? After all I'm a "Dream Warrior" too(Saw the video this weekend-- HOLY S!!!) And WASP??? "I Wanna Be Some Body" my whole life!!! I'll throw in Hysteria from Def Lep but everything before that still lives in NWOBHM, or at least High and Dry does! How about a little Lita Ford??? Her song "Blueberry" still does it for me to this day! I will have to admit that Limp Bizkit still exists in my cd collection--only cause I can't get any money for them:) Wow, this has been a weight off of my burdened shoulders!!! Thanks Francis R. Edwards!!!

Posted on May 9, 2012 5:36:16 PM PDT
Huey Lewis and the News

Posted on May 9, 2012 6:53:56 PM PDT
LOL............there's gonna be some hot garbage littering this thread!!

Perfect, we needed some laughs.

I used to own STRYPER "To Hell With the Devil".........please forgive me :-(

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 5:12:56 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
I've got the Japanese version with the original cover. You are forgiven..by the power of the yellow and black!

And My Chemical Romance is great. The Black Parade is one of my top 10 albums of the past decade.

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:08:52 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
I admit I love (yes, LOVE) Avenged Sevenfold's 'City of Evil'......a lot of the riffs and leads to me sound like a combo of 80s thrash and the late 70s/early 80s NWOBHM stuff. The voice is whiney and a bit annoying, but I can get past it.

Posted on May 10, 2012 8:39:53 AM PDT
k scott says:
Not only did I own the white lp version of "To Hell With...", I also used to have the 45 of the single "Free" off the next album. And hey, does Mr. Mr. count in the rock 'n roll side of things? I find myself still singing songs from The Hooters, The Fixx and Berlin. Did I cross the line??? And who can't forget Duran Duran. I dare you to!!!. I bet even Ishan from Emperor listens to Duran Duran. Jonathan Davis from Korn does!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 10:06:44 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
Ihsahn strikes me as more of a Thompsin Twins kind of guy.

Posted on May 10, 2012 10:43:33 AM PDT
mitch says:
time to make the obligatory reference to "Jesse and the Rippers" Stamos on lead and vocals

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 2:32:37 PM PDT
A customer says:
Have you listened to Fabulous Killjoys? I think it topped TBP and then some.

Posted on May 10, 2012 3:37:39 PM PDT
k scott says:
I have been trying to figure out if I can confess to loving Bon Jovi's "In and Out of Love". There I said it. I like Bon Jovi. Please don't cut me off. I know I admitted to liking Stryper at one time too so please be easy on a metal brother. I still throw down with Gorgoroth and Watain, shoe gaze with Pallbearer and worship Behemoth. Please be easy on me!! By the way, did I forget to mention Peter Murphey, Mazzy Star and Sisters of Mercy?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 3:56:22 PM PDT
"I have been trying to figure out if I can confess to loving Bon Jovi's "In and Out of Love". There I said it. I like Bon Jovi."

HAHAHAHA! Just thinking of that song and someone liking it cracks me up! Thanks k scott!

Posted on May 10, 2012 4:01:41 PM PDT
Bobage says:
I dig Journey. Neal Schon has one of my all time favorite guitar tones.
I think Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing kicks butt.

The OP indicated to keep it to rock/metal, so I have. If this criteria were broadened to include other genres, I'm certain I could further embarass myself.

Posted on May 10, 2012 4:05:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 4:09:03 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
New Order
Duran Duran
INXS
Pearl Jam
The Smiths
Depeche Mode
The Cure
Thrice
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kid Cudi
Black Keys
D12
Eminem(early years)
The Drive original motion picture soundtrack

If by guilty pleasure you mean stuff I listen to besides metal then I guess that is my list.

But if I have to say something rock/metal oriented it would be The Deftones and the first couple Korn albums. I won't deny those were probably two of my favorite bands in high school.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 4:15:31 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
I happen to think the guitar riffs and solos on most Journey songs are sweet as hell. It's those high pitched vocals that ruin it for me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  271
Initial post:  May 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions