mine
White lion
Damn Yankees
Marilyn Mason
Billy Joel

Posted on May 10, 2012 4:30:32 PM PDT
A customer says:
"Eminem"
Usually, artists who suck are considered guilty pleasures. How is listening to one of the most gifted emcees of all time possibly a guilty pleasure? I could understand if you said Rick Ross or Master P or someone like that, but Eminem? Please.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 4:45:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 4:48:39 PM PDT
k scott says:
Dude, have you ever heard of restraint??? It's like you got drunk on the first date and puked in her lap. Moderation is much funnier.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 4:47:30 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
no arguments there. I love the first couple of albums a whole lot. Somewhere around 2005 he started to suck though.

Posted on May 10, 2012 4:47:47 PM PDT
k scott says:
I agree, the cheese can be a little thick at times, but Journey rules! Props to anyone other than me who played their stand up arcade game from the "Frontiers" album back in the day. Castle Park in Hawaii if you want to know how B.A. it was.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 4:49:55 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
Not even sure what to make of your post buddy.

Posted on May 10, 2012 4:50:54 PM PDT
k scott says:
Anyone grow up with John Denver or the Mama's and the Papa's blarring from their parents stereo and have it stick with them??? Rockey Mountain High baby!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 4:57:27 PM PDT
k scott says:
What's not to make?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 5:13:46 PM PDT
A customer says:
One word: Benzodiazepine. Say "no" to drugs, children, or you'll end up like Encore era Eminem, and no-one wants that

I'm assuming you mean his second and third albums, SSLP and MMLP.

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:17:35 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
Yes those and even The Eminem Show was good at certain moments.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:31:57 PM PDT
There isn't anything wrong with most of them anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:33:44 PM PDT
A customer says:
Relapse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem Show

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:36:32 PM PDT
k scott says:
I'll admit to chillin with some Eminem. Didn't you want to be a "Criminal" after you heard the song??? The Marshall album was his best. I used to love some "Black Sunday" by Cypress or some "2001" from Dre back in my abusing days. AHHHHHHHH the memories--or lack there of.

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:07:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 10:39:11 PM PDT
jgamerfl says:
I have a lot of bands I listen to but can never find anyone else who does for some of these. Sometimes my family and friends look at me funny.
Budgie- early stuff sounds great like Breadfan
Angel Witch- finally released a new album this year
Stratovarius- introduced me to symphonic metal
Rhapsody of Fire- sounds amazing
Doro/Warlock- interesting to listen to

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 5:26:51 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
Bon Jovi was the band that got me into rock (and later metal) in the first place. I still love their first three albums.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 5:32:34 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
Rhapsody and Stratovarius released some mediocre albums later in their careers, but there's really nothing on that list to be ashamed of. Angel Witch rules.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 6:00:49 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
@Justin Gaines, I still love the first three Bon Jovi albums, too. I actually think 'New Jersey' is one of the great albums of that genre....not a bad song on it IMO.

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:02:24 AM PDT
Despite having all things heavy metal flowing through my veins, I do have a fondness for a rather obscure instrumental/psychedelic/space rock band from, England (Somerset), called Ozric Tentacles. A very different style of music on offer here, but after a hard day at the office they are a perfect accompaniment with the lights dimmed, feet up and a glass of your favourite vintage red to soak up the atmosphere!

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:10:36 AM PDT
I admit it, I like Creed's first 2. I even seen them in concert............twice.
I also own Linkin Park's first disc..................what the hell was I thinking, that blows eternally.

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:08:49 AM PDT
Im with you on that I do like the giutar work in Journey songs as well.I do appreciate the guitar work in some Whitesnake songs.Dio guitarist Vivian Cambell was great live in Whitesnake when I saw them.

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:05:41 AM PDT
Bobage says:
I think that many posting here do not properly get the concept of guilty pleasure. I'm seeing The Cure, Budgie, & Ozric Tentacles mentioned, none of which even remotely qualify as a guilty pleasure.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:10:06 AM PDT
k scott says:
I could not get enough of Human Clay when it came out. It was some kind of weird moment in life that I liked something like that. I'll just blame it on the drugs I was doing then.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:16:16 AM PDT
Bobage says:
Now THAT is a guilty pleasure, although I only see the guilt and cannot for the life of me see the pleasure in having your ears raped by Creed, haha.

Posted on May 11, 2012 9:05:27 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
Bobage says:
I think that many posting here do not properly get the concept of guilty pleasure. I'm seeing The Cure, Budgie, & Ozric Tentacles mentioned, none of which even remotely qualify as a guilty pleasure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the same thing when I saw someone listed Pearl Jam. I can see not liking their music or their politics, but they're good musicians who have maintained their integrity, write solid music and haven't written a pop or radio-friendly record just to make money. Their lyrics have substance and don't get sappy, overly cheesy or cliche. While they have had some huge hits that got a lot of airplay, I don't hear any songs that sound like they were written with the specific intention of having a big radio hit, and all those hits were great songs anyway.

Posted on May 11, 2012 9:13:55 AM PDT
mitch says:
No props to Winger yet? lol
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  271
Initial post:  May 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions